• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I just gotten an idea, but i'm not sure if it can be programmed into the hack but you know how in options you can change the text box's frame? Would it be possible to make it to where players can select a font they prefer?

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • I just gotten an idea, but i'm not sure if it can be programmed into the hack but you know how in options you can change the text box's frame? Would it be possible to make it to where players can select a font they prefer?

Not within my skillset... though I'm sure somebody incredibly talented could figure something like that out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Ah, ok. Just thought i'd suggest my thoughts. I'm really excited for this hack and I get more excited every time you update, I just wish there was some way I could help speed up the progress, but I really can't.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Really looks awesome man. Really love the text & the text boxes. It really goes well even if it still has work to be done on it.

Danno

Years
  • Just did the front sprite for the 3rd evo in the Deku Line. It's a custom design, a mix between Woodfall's Deku Butler and Deku King:

Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Awesome job. ^^

Any plans for any dragon types like Lizalfo, Dodongo, etc hopefully? =D

Last edited:

Danno

Years
  • Awesome job. ^^

Any plans for any dragon types like Lizalfo, Dodongo, etc hopefully? =D

Yep, they're planned further down the line :) Just finished the 3 front sprites I had in my 'workshop' (where I put my incomplete sprites before I finish them up, the Deku King and Gekko have been sitting in there for months)

Spoiler:

Backsprites are always more of a pain though lol.

Danno

Years
  • Okay, so I might be crazy... but it's totally worth it.

Background is from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for DS. I flipped it, I thought it looked similar to how Hyrule Field appears in some of the newer Zeldas. I also repositioned the monsters to be "floating" so they drop a shadow instead of creating a battle platform. This will take quite a bit of work, and space on the rom, but I intend to do these for all of the battle backgrounds. A big thank you to DrFuji for his Inserting Battle Backgrounds tutorial and to Bela for telling me not to use NTME and to use Darth TME instead lol.

Last edited:

Danno

Years
  • So I was gonna hold off on displaying this until later, but screw it, if someone that can help me can help me, I'd really appreciate it. This is the new battle scene:

As you can see, the enemy's battle box/scroll is missing a chunk, and the font used for the character names/HP numbers has a background to it. I need some help with two things, if anyone knows.

1). If anyone knows the offset for the font used for the numbers and letters inside the battle boxes, I could desperately use that.

2). Is there a tilemap for these things? For R&D I used a fresh FR Rom and marked up the image where the HP bar shows up with some numbers. Notice that where I made the '1' it shows up in both the enemy and player battle boxes. It was a random blob of color on the player box, so I made it transparent (as I plan to do with the numbers and the /)... but it also appears in the enemy box as you can see, so it takes a chunk out of the battle box there. If there's a tilemap to fix this, I'd love to have access to it.

Otherwise, this will have to do for a while.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    You're just full of surprises, you're changing every aspect to be as zelda as possible. =D

I am going to enjoy this game alot once its released. You don't mind if people make let's plays of this, do you?

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • You're just full of surprises, you're changing every aspect to be as zelda as possible. =D

I am going to enjoy this game alot once its released. You don't mind if people make let's plays of this, do you?

I don't see why he would mind. People do it anyways. lol

Danno

Years
  • Exactly lol, this is a game made for the fans after all. I had to ditch the scrolls on the battle menu because it was glitchy, and I have to redo the battle background as it made some errors in the pokemon information (when you catch them) screen... so new screenshots soon.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • Yep, they're planned further down the line :) Just finished the 3 front sprites I had in my 'workshop' (where I put my incomplete sprites before I finish them up, the Deku King and Gekko have been sitting in there for months)

Spoiler:

Backsprites are always more of a pain though lol.
    Kinda curious, are all four temple bosses from MM intended to be in?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    You had to get rid of the scrolls? Will the heart containers and exp's bar (magic meter) stay?

Danno

Years
  • You had to get rid of the scrolls? Will the heart containers and exp's bar (magic meter) stay?

Yeah, I still haven't gotten around to testing the battle background again yet, when I do I hope nothing messes up this time...

This isn't the final version at all, but here's what it looks like since I reverted to a backup:

a lot less flashy, sadly, but I had to make do with what I could.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I'm sure you'll think of something. Or better yet, save that part of the hack for last since it's the most difficult to do.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2018
    Spoiler:
    its just a minor setback you don't need to worry about so much as sprites dungeons towns ans storyy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back