• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Haven [T/OOC]

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Well seems that Gelius is forced to join up...

aw, if you really don't want to there's no need. you can do any of the River Belle Path missions by yourself.
to others, if all River Belle missions are reserved, i can always add another if someone else also wants to go at it alone. just poke me and i'll make it happen c:
still, i recommend going together for more fun and experience! Churaka still needs fellow explorers for example, so jump onto that!

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
My Sneasel can only evolve under Eleder's Premition on the Evolution Ritual... So yeah i am going to have an hard time XD *Moonwalks out with Mirror B. Theme from XD: Gale Of Darkness*

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 31, 2015
I'd like to reserve a souvenir.

I think it would fit my character. Any good-hearted characters wish to join? The shell bell is mine!

Etherion

also, um, gio? i really like your CSS, but could you just make your font for the main text a bit bigger? haha.[/FONT]

Thanks! And im terribly sorry about my small font, its because im using a tablet in posting my RPs! XD
I'll edit it later!

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Whoops, I'm late, but here it is. No CSS because I am a plebeian fool do not know how to do that.

Name: Josephine (Sometimes called Phi for short by her friends)
Pokémon Species: Riolu
Level: 10

Appearance: Josephine doesn't differ much from your standard Riolu. Her red eyes are always brimming with excitement, and she is never seen without her backpack, complete with journals and notebooks for her to jot down her discoveries.

History:
Curiosity killed the cat, or so the saying goes. The saying can't be true though, for if it were, Josephine would have been killed a long time ago.

Ever since she was hatched, Josephine had an insatiable appetite for discovery. She frequently wandered off on her own, taking great delight in meeting new faces and species. Even when she was alone and lost, while her parents were frightened and concerned for her safety, Josephine seemed to show no fear. Half the time she didn't even know she was lost, too caught up in her exploration to pay any attention to her larger surroundings.

Whenever she wasn't getting lost on her own, Josephine was usually seen in her town's library. Of course, reading fiction was never her intent. No, Josephine always read the books most considered 'boring' or 'no fun.' The history novels, the textbooks, the geography journals; Josephine wanted to discover as much as she could. When she grew older, learning to write well enough herself, her parents gave her a simple gift. To most, it wouldn't have been much special, but to her, it meant the world. A journal of her own, for her to write down her thoughts and whatever else she wanted.

It didn't take long for Josephine to fill up the journal. Less than a year, in fact. She had filled it up with her discoveries, maps she had made herself, diagrams and sketches of the creatures and places she saw. She quickly moved on to another journal, and to this day she is never seen without one.

Not too long later, and her family moved out of their little village to the city of Haven. To say that Josephine was ecstatic would be an understatement. She had read all about the guild, and it's many adventures. Exploring dungeons, finding treasure, helping people… of course, the exploration was all that Josephine needed. The rest was just a bonus. She signed up as soon as she arrived, eager to discover more about these 'mystery dungeons' and the secrets they contained.

Personality:
Josephine can easily be described as a bookworm. Whenever her head isn't buried in her journal, though, it's usually floating about in the clouds. Despite her propensity for knowledge and discovery, Josephine is very, very easily distracted. Some people call her an airhead, not because she isn't smart, but because half the time, she probably isn't listening to you. She doesn't do so intentionally, of course. Far be it from her to be mean-spirited to people. It's just that, well, that bug over there is really interesting… I wonder how old it is? Where does it live? Oh, I wonder if it has a house… I'm sorry, were you saying something?

Indeed, Josephine is very friendly and upbeat to the people she cares about, and even to the people she's just met. She loves making new friends, as this gives her an opportunity to learn more about pokemon and personalities. Her forgetfulness can sometimes cause people to dislike her, making her seem untrustworthy, though those who can look past her absent-mindedness can find a caring friend who is always there for them.

Josephine, due to her love of knowledge, is very chatty. She loves discussing nature and the world around her, either to the appreciation, or chagrin, of her friends. Half the time it can come across as rambling, as her train of thought can get derailed very quickly and is often difficult to put back on track. Her knowledge is extensive, but her organization is horrid.

Because of this, she carries her journal with her at all times. She writes down everything she sees in it, and always has it at-the-ready, in case she needs to look something up or remember something she's forgotten. Her dream is to eventually write a book, an encyclopedia of her discoveries, and perhaps even make a map of the entire world. A foolish dream, for some, but for Josephine, she considers it her life's work.

Moveset: Foresight, Quick Attack, Endure, Counter, Detect.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Gelius3 said:
My Sneasel can only evolve under Eleder's Premition on the Evolution Ritual... So yeah i am going to have an hard time XD *Moonwalks out with Mirror B. Theme from XD: Gale Of Darkness*

huh?... i'm not sure what you mean by this xD evolution criteria are the same as in the ORAS games!

I'd like to reserve a souvenir.

I think it would fit my character. Any good-hearted characters wish to join? The shell bell is mine!

i'll reserve it for you if you like! please also take note of my question below, hehe.

Name: Josephine

looks great! you are accepted. i don't have time to add you to the main post right now cause i have to head out, but feel free to start posting!

to all: i need someone to take the Band of Brigands mission (alone) to tie in with a new player character that's about to be introduced. i'll even up the amount earned to 600 Poké to spark interest. woo!
if you'd like to take it, please say so here, and you'll get a PM with the details from the new player for you to work out together. i'd like to mediate more but no time today! i'll be back in about 7 hours most likely, haha.
have fun!

Etherion

i'll even up the amount earned to 600 Poké to spark interest. woo!
if you'd like to take it, please say so here, and you'll get a PM with the details from the new player for you to work out together. i'd like to mediate more but no time today! i'll be back in about 7 hours most likely, haha.
have fun![/FONT]

What will we do with the poke and items? As for missions, to we each get the rewards fully? Or split them equally?

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Hello, everyone. I had a few issues with work that drained up all my free time for both yesterday and the day before. I'm working on my opening post at the moment, but I see here that there's a lot of talk about missions here and I'm kind of confused.

Are we picking missions or anything? If anyone could give me a brief summary about it, I'd really appreaciate it.
Sorry for the inactivity.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
to all: i need someone to take the Band of Brigands mission (alone) to tie in with a new player character that's about to be introduced. i'll even up the amount earned to 600 Poké to spark interest. woo!
have fun!

sure, I'll take it!

I opened up this thread yesterday to see what was going on but I guess I fell asleep before I got a chance to look at it, haha. but this seems like an interesting opportunity

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Band of Brigands eh? Meet a member from that very same Nincada group!

Name: Able
Pokémon Species: Nincada

Appearance: For now, Able is a basic Nincada, other then carrying a small pouch on her back. This will change when she reaches her evolution however.

History: Ever since birth, Able lived her life as a survivor. It is the way of the Ninjask. When their eggs are laid, the parents leave the eggs to fend for theirselves after hatching. The strong live, and the weak are left behind. Her early years consisted of simply feeding from tree roots and developing her strength to learn basic movement on her own. As she taught herself the basics, that was when she would meet her brother, Adrian, who had already matured into a Ninjask. He demonstrated that with enough training and effort, she would be able to move as swiftly as him and be a true force of nature. Able wanted to learn more from her brother but alas, it wouldn't be right at such an early stage. He did mention that if she were to ever become a Ninjask, that Adrian would be more then willing to teach her more. As a Nincada, she would have to survive and train off of instinct and self experience alone, the same as he did. This was enough to motivate Able to work toward evolving as soon as possible.

From there, she began to group with other Nincada who had gone through the very same thing. With very little to work off of in the wild, many Nincada would form a small group of bandits to obtain money in order to start forming their own lives while others would remain behind in the wild and find their own means of making it out there. Able join the group of bandits for the sole purpose of honing her skills and reaching to her evolution state faster.

Among her fellow brothers and sisters, Able would raise as the strongest of their group, leading them toward food, fighting against wild Pokemon, and training her fellow brothers and sisters to hopefully reach the stage of evolution. Able proved to be very adaptable compared to her fellow Nincada and led them to many succesful attacks on Pokemon who might be wandering by their territory. It was a decent enough living to start off on.

Of course, with every attack, the more notorious they would become. Eventually, the guild would take action, and Able would need to prepare for an ambush. Of course, that wouldn't be enough, as the Pokemon within the guild were crafty and as much as Able hated to admit it, she was still an amateur. Able decided it would be a good idea to infiltrate the guild and become and explorer to make the upcoming ambush a success toward whoever may be sent after them. If she learned that a Powerful Pokemon were arriving, she could warn the other Nincada and have them retreat. Deep inside though, she had always considered becoming an explorer and having place to call her own... but that would also mean leaving behind her fellow Nincada as they may have other goals in mind. Not taking the time to contemplate, Able would scurry on toward Haven to register as an Explorer.

Personality: As a Nincada, Able is extremely dedicated to becoming stronger and reaching the point of her evolution at any cost possible. She always feels the need to top everybody else and prove that she can handle any kind of challange, no matter how difficult... even if she does end up in danger. As the trainee Pokemon, Able dosen't waste a second in training to reach her evolution stage, and Arecus help the Pokemon who dares get in her way. She'll often wake up extremely early just to practice her skills.

Able always wants to be the one in charge and always prefers a dominant position whenever she can take it. It was a trait she developed since birth as she would assist other Nincada in the wild using her own will to take action and control a small group without a problem. Besides specific individuals, she hates taking orders from others and always believes her strategys are top notch, mostly due to them almost always working out in the wild.

Her social interactivity is very limited, and if she is talking with another Pokemon, she'll be agressive, snarky, and someitmes a plain bully, but this is mostly to act tough in front of others who are around her level. She will show respect for those who obviously outclass her such as the guild leader.

Able hates losing. Whenever she is taken down in a battle she'll begin complaining and make excuses as to why she may have lost, mostly due to her overconfident reckless nature. In the battlefield however, Able is extremely reliable and is a decent strategist on top of that. Her abilities are somewhat limited as a Nincada, however should she evolve, several things about her attitude and her abilities in battle could change drastically.

Moveset
: Feint Attack (egg), Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, Sand Attack

If theres anythign I missed that you'd like me to explain let me know. I always have a feeling I may have forgot something important

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
This looks interesting! ^_^ I'll see if I can join.

Name: Ivanna "Ivy" Calista
Pokémon Species: Kecleon

Appearance: Unlike other Kecleon, Ivanna is of the purple variation. She has golden markings on her face and feet like ordinary Kecleon and a red zigzag stripe across her belly. Because of her family's insistence on being able to work in rain, sleet, or snow, Ivy wears a weather scarf which she also uses to cover her nose and mouth to ward off pollen and other allergens.

History: Unsurprising as they are known for the job, Ivanna was born to a family of kecleon merchants. She was a bit special in her family as she was the only one born purple, but purple kecleons weren't too terribly uncommon, especially if you lived in an entire family of them. She had a few relatives here and there that had the same coloration as her, so it was more like joining a club than anything. What was really special about Ivy was her thirst for adventure. While she did learn from her parents, the prospect of making a living out of just selling items was unappealing to her. Her family members tried to convince her otherwise. As a traveling merchant, like some of her family members, she would be able to see the whole world! All of the adventure she was looking for, right? However, that was not enough for Ivana. She wanted to explore dungeons, find treasures, and help other 'mon whilst doing so. As a merchant her life would revolve around marketing, money, and mindfulness. Mindfulness in case anyone was trying to play her, of course. He family wasn't a big fan of hagglers and tricksters.

As much as Ivy's parents opposed her protests, they could see that she was unhappy as a simple merchant. Her eyes would light up whenever a wanderer bestowed upon them a tale of adventure. They figured seeing a look like that always was better than anything in the world. As a condition for their approval (and to secretly discourage her) Ivy's parents told her that with a profession like an adventurer, anything she needed in regards to her work she would have to earn on her own-- no discounts! Without hesitation Ivy said yes and with their permission, she immediately set off to join a guild. However, where they lived there was no guild at all, so in order to reach Bronzong's guildhouse, Ivy must make the short trip to the next town over. She doesn't mind it too much though.

Personality: Ivy is a rather modest young girl. Apart from her coloration she didn't think she stood out much. Ivy is a naturally polite pokemon who speaks rather quietly. While she can be hesitant to ask questions at first, once she forms a relationship to whoever she's speaking to it gets much easier from then on.

As mentioned before, Ivy has a thirst for adventure and loves to explore and have fun. She has a deep interest in all things and often finds herself looking for small treasures during her journey no matter how small it might be. Even as a toddler she was known to collect odd rocks either for their smoothness or color. Now that she's grown up, she understands what has value and what does not and what true beauty is. She'll pick up anything that puts a spark in her eye and, because of her merchant roots, isn't turned off by the idea of selling them. However, her exploring and collecting doesn't mean Ivy isn't a cautious Kecleon. The little girl is easily frightened and when something comes out to spook her she immediately covers her eyes and turns invisible to escape it. When she sees there's no danger, she shows herself again, but she isn't too happy about being frightened!

When Ivy is curious or frightened she has a habit of putting her hand to her mouth. Figuring out how she feels at the time would make for an easy check o her demeanor.

Moveset: Feint, Tailwhip, Astonish, Shadow Sneak, Scratch, Bind

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Well, there's my opening post. Hope I'm not too rusty.

I have no idea who to go on a mission with though. On the one hand, Poob isn't likely to want to cooperate with anyone, and if he did he'd probably try to dominate them. On the other hand, all the missions Poob would probably take have already been reserved. And... they would need more than one person anyway. >.>

Well, since I can't decide, I'll just say this: I'm open to anyone who needs me with them. If anyone wants an irritatingly cocky Poochyena on their team, give me a holler. :P
what's that? no-one? okay...

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
woo! okay sorry, i got home late yesterday and was too tired to be productive here anymore ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ but i'll answer allllll your questions now!

What will we do with the poke and items? As for missions, to we each get the rewards fully? Or split them equally?

the mission rewards will have to be split equally! Berry or Seed rewards may be regarded as there being enough to go around, but special item rewards, such as the Prism Shard and Shell Bell only provide one, so you'll have to fight over who gets it ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Are we picking missions or anything? If anyone could give me a brief summary about it, I'd really appreaciate it.
Sorry for the inactivity.

Okay, first post is up.
As for a mission, I think I'll take up 'Something Fishy', if that's alright.

just in case you or anyone else didn't understand yet... you'll be able to take missions from the Bulletin Board in the Guildhouse. the missions listed there only provide a very short description, so you'll first have to go see the client for the mission to get the details (which you can make up yourself). clients usually reside in the Kricket Inn, unless it's Officer Watchog who you can find in the Guildhouse.
then, just look at the mission and the dungeon in question to determine if you need another teammate or not. generally you can see from the mission type and reward and the dungeon difficulty how many Pokémon you'll need to go on a mission, i think. for example, for the Something Fishy mission, you need one more teammate. when in doubt, you can ask ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

sure, I'll take it!

I opened up this thread yesterday to see what was going on but I guess I fell asleep before I got a chance to look at it, haha. but this seems like an interesting opportunity

Band of Brigands eh? Meet a member from that very same Nincada group!

Name: Able

Megaman765 will be accepted based on the current SU. c:
have you guys have contact regarding the mission and backstory yet? just let me know if you need any help.

Name: Ivanna "Ivy" Calista

haha, i thought for a while if i should at least keep the Kecleon Merchants canon like in the games, but decided against it in the end. nice to have someone paying homage to them after all c:
ok! your SU looks very nice, so you will be accepted as well. welcome to the Guild!

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
I have my first post up! Lotad finally has a name, though it might take a while for him to get used to it. Someone might give him another name, but for now, he's officially Penn the Lotad. Also, someone might want to help him up. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make this happen:

tumblr_lzh7c59zmd1qje612o1_r1_400.gif

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Yup me and Naku have RPd in the past so we got this :p I'll go over to ya if I have questions. Thanks for accepting me :D

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years

just in case you or anyone else didn't understand yet... you'll be able to take missions from the Bulletin Board in the Guildhouse. the missions listed there only provide a very short description, so you'll first have to go see the client for the mission to get the details (which you can make up yourself). clients usually reside in the Kricket Inn, unless it's Officer Watchog who you can find in the Guildhouse.
then, just look at the mission and the dungeon in question to determine if you need another teammate or not. generally you can see from the mission type and reward and the dungeon difficulty how many Pokémon you'll need to go on a mission, i think. for example, for the Something Fishy mission, you need one more teammate. when in doubt, you can ask ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

[

So we, like, try to save a spot for missions here and then see if I can find teammates?
Also, since Fogg's body is a cloud of poisonous gas, is there, like, a special something to make him able to carry it? Or should I make his fog so think it can carry objects?

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I've finished my Su. I ended up changing a lot. Oops. Hopefully it isn't too cringe worthy.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Woo! :D Accepted! Now to get to some work. Not entirely sure what I'll do but I'm open to the possibility of joining anyone if the offer's up. Otherwise I think Ivy would pick Lost and Found to be her first mission. If anyone wants to join that that would be cool too! ^_^

Really excited for this RP! :)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Cafer's open to irritating puppies since he's a bit of an ass too.
They'll probably just truce over this because of the 1200 Poke.
If you accept, then great! Cafer needs one more ;)
If not, then Cafer needs two more :)

On the other hand, my post will be coming soon.
Been a bit busy with life, but I finally have the time.

Nice, consider me recruited. :D
1200 poke is lovely incentive. If Poob doesn't declare it all as property of the Empire of Poobia that is.
Yes I just made that up.

But we still need one more imperial soldier member for our team! Anyone up for it? :3

Back