• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Have you found any Shinies?

Years
Yes, I was grinding in Victory Road during a Nuzlocke, and out pops a golden Graveler. I caught it, but I didn't transfer my Pokemon from that file, and I deleted the file...

Years
Aside from the Red Gyarados, I have two shinies in my SoulSilver. A Graveler and a Farfetch'd. Don't like either that much, the former due to the Geodude line being my least fave Rock-types while Farfetch'd shiny color is not "cool" enough. Also, both the ones I have are male.

Years
I found three in HGSS:

A shiny Kyogre. This was while I was trying to get a good one with a Timid nature, and I seriously orgasmed. Lonely nature, but I didn't care - perhaps my coolest find ever.
A Luvdisc, while I was looking for Heart Scales. Ah, maybe it'd make a nice gift :P
A Rattata in Soul Silver, nothing too exciting but I named it "Top %" for laughs.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have caught Red Gyarados, but unfortunately, it doesn't exactly feel as if I actually deserve it, since it was based on an event and whatnot. If it weren't for that, it definitely wouldn't have been an issue. For random encounter, I believe I've managed myself to bump into Onyx, at one point, but not sure if I had captured it or not, as I haven't checked my PC box to see if there's any Pokémon I would wish to transfer before restarting. It's not much of a huge deal, however, as I already had one of them in Pokémon Platinum. Would be nice if there were two, but as people say, something's better than nothing.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Besides the Red Gyarados, the only Shiny I found is a Shiny Hoppip. This is also the very first Shiny I found in the wild. I was originally looking for a Chansey with a Lucky Egg, but I found this green blob instead. I really love my Shiny Hoppip. x) I was thinking about evolving it into a Jumpluff since I like Shiny Jumpluff, but I'm not too sure. xP

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Well at least the person who mentioned it before actually got the Shiny Graveler. I was playing through the game when it decided to self destruct. ;__; Don't think I've run into any other shinies but I also remember getting a free shiny Horsea from someone.

Years
Well at least the person who mentioned it before actually got the Shiny Graveler. I was playing through the game when it decided to self destruct. ;__;

Oh that was me. I was kinda surprised the thing didn't explode on me, but hey at least I managed to catch what is one of the hardest-to-catch wild encounter shinies out there. And the second time I ever did so in general, because I managed to catch a shiny Graveler in Diamond as well.

isael-21

Just a computer guy
Years
Well at least the person who mentioned it before actually got the Shiny Graveler. I was playing through the game when it decided to self destruct. ;__; Don't think I've run into any other shinies but I also remember getting a free shiny Horsea from someone.
Relatable. That's my Pokémon X first shiny experience right there, not to say my first ever shiny encounter... I just hate Graveler after that. But one day...

I'm currently playing HG and haven't come across one yet.

On a side note, Red beat me with his Out-of-the-Pokémon-World Pikachu with simple quick attacks...

Sigh...

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I caught a shiny Sentret which was the only shiny I got in HG/SS aside from the Red Gyarados

blue

gucci
Years
My first (and only) shiny was a Shinx in Pokemon Diamond, after finding out it was extremely rare I trained it up to a Level 60+ Luxray! It's a shame that I can't find that save anymore. ):

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I never found a shiny in Heart Gold. I don't think I even encountered many wild Pokemon... I could train my team just fine against trainers and their rematches. It's understandable how I never found one in this version. I've found shinies in Crystal, Emerald, FireRed, Pearl, Black, and Y.

Back