• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Have you found any Shinies?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I found one Shiny Jigglypuff at the Safari, needless to say it got away. :'( -sings The One That Got Away- I have others too actually, but that Jigglypuff has been stuck in my head ever since that fateful encounter.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
  • Oh, this is for all of Gen IV and not just HGSS?

In presumably my Diamond game, I remember at least seeing a shiny Onix. If I had caught it, it was probably Diamond, as the game was stolen from me eventually. This would have been in between 2007-2009. If I accidentally fainted it or something, it could have been Platinum, the only Sinnoh game I have.

In HeartGold, other than the red Gyarados, I caught a shiny Nidorino apparently in February of 2011 that I honestly don't really remember at all, and I just found him recently picking up HG and going through the Pokémon that were left in there. I recently renamed him Spike and currently plan to move him up to Gen 6 someday.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you're mainly saying HG/SS, then I have two very boring shinies - Graveler and Farfetch'd. Soul Silver was also one of two games that I had caught a shiny Graveler in, the other being Diamond.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Encountered and caught 2 shiny pokemon in my copy of SS. First was a Zubat in the Slowpoke Well, and the second was an Oddish in the Ilex Forest.

In Diamond, I hatched a Shiny Chimchar, and in Platinum (which I restarted not too long ago) I caught a Shiny Clefairy in Mt. Coronet.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My Shiny Luck in non-Gen 6 games is notoriously bad but I have found a wild Shiny in my copy of Heart Gold.

After a few hours of training my Pokémon on Mount Silver to battle Red I encountered a Shiny Golduck. I missed the sparkles but noticed the Pink Beak and knew he was a Shiny.

I caught him in a Net Ball and he is currently in my Gen 5 White 2 file.

It was my first ever full odds Shiny. :)

TalonTheOwl

Mad Scientist
    Years
  • The only shiny I can remember getting in any official Pokemon game was in Heartgold. It was a shiny Wingull. That was like 4 years ago. I haven't played as much Pokemon as I used to though, but still, can't find another shiny, lmao.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    My first ever shiny was in Soul Solver! I was just running around and encountered a shiny Wooper; I was so shocked and excited!

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • When i was heading for the elite 4 for the second time in pokemon platinum, i found a shiny geodude in the victory road. I am having a hard time catching it, not because its too powerful, but because its too weak to survive an attack from any of my team member. I've still not used my master ball, and i dont want to waste it on such a weak pokemon. Thanks to myself for saving the game just after i encountered it(coz i usually forget doing so). Any suggestions on what to do now?

Years
  • When i was heading for the elite 4 for the second time in pokemon platinum, i found a shiny geodude in the victory road. I am having a hard time catching it, not because its too powerful, but because its too weak to survive an attack from any of my team member. I've still not used my master ball, and i dont want to waste it on such a weak pokemon. Thanks to myself for saving the game just after i encountered it(coz i usually forget doing so). Any suggestions on what to do now?

lol keep throwing Pokéballs at it. Maybe you can catch it by luck.

For me, when i played HG for the first time, I encountered a Shiny Raikou... I don't even know how. But i deleted that save :'(

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • lol keep throwing Pokéballs at it. Maybe you can catch it by luck.

For me, when i played HG for the first time, I encountered a Shiny Raikou... I don't even know how. But i deleted that save :'(

Till now, i've tried exactly 32 ultra balls on it, but it won't get caught. Enough dude, i think i'll let go of it. And yeah, sorry for speaking about platinum since this thread was only about HGSS.

Back