• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Have you found any Shinies?

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    I accidently got a Shiny Chimchar.... Greatest feeling, first play...

Grotesque

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    Only the Red Gyarados, but that doesn't really count since he's a guaranteed shiny.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ONE TIME I was doing this challenge in SoulSilver and found a shiny Ekans, but I couldn't use Ekans for that challenge, so I caught it and named her Pants and I traded her to HeartGold and used her on my team there and I still have her and yeah. /run on

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Beside the red gyarados in hg/ss I got a shiny corsola in the sea route from olivine city to cianwood city.
    And in DP, I got a shiny geodude in oreburgh city mine

Years
  • Several:
    A Sentret, now a level 63 Furret named GOLDY.
    A Chansey, now a level 50 Blissey named Luk.
    A Mareep, who I didn't train yet...(Didn't want to lose that pink wool XD)
    And the red Gyarados whom I named RAGE and is currently at level 65.

Years
  • Sadly enough, nope. ;_; I'd crossed my fingers that I would find one via random encounter when playing but in the end luck was not on my side. Would've been pretty awesome to get a shiny in the Johto region as my very first shiny was originally found in Crystal as well. Ah well.

Years
  • Sadly enough, nope. ;_; I'd crossed my fingers that I would find one via random encounter when playing but in the end luck was not on my side. Would've been pretty awesome to get a shiny in the Johto region as my very first shiny was originally found in Crystal as well. Ah well.

Never found a shiny on any Gen IV games, I feel left out :(

The best way to make people feel better when they feel down about not getting a shiny in a certain a game is to tell them a story of me getting a wild shiny.
    Here's how it goes:
    THE END

Oh crap, it didnt even start! That's right, almost 10 YEARS OF TRAINING, 100's of hours on all the generations (1-4) and the number of wild shinies I saw equals to ZERO. Lol

Come on, this has to make you feel better xD

For this reason, I give myself right to brag about my awesome chaining skills ^^ (Poochyena, Electrikes, and oh so many shiny Beldums), but that's Platinum, so it's offtopic :D

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • At the Skills Development Center's rec center ( a place I go to, because I have autism) in their copy of Heart Gold, I caught a shiny female Hothot, I named Tori from the TV show Victorious.

Years
  • Playing SS, I found a shiny Tentacool shortly after beating Red for the first time. I have played since Red and Blue versions and this is the first shiny I have ever found in the wild. Wish it was a more exciting one, but it is still neat ^^. Not sure if I will leave it in SS or trade it up as I progress through the generations.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • When I owned Pokemon SoulSilver when it first came it out in 2010.

I found a Shiny Rattata In Union Cave!
    I had no clue what it was, so i deleted my save data. ;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    No matter how hard I looked in HeartGold I could not find a shiny Pokemon for the life of me! I managed to find 3 in Pokemon Diamond upon randomness and breeding but no luck in HG besides red gyarados.

Raburesu

Technology is incredible!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I find it strange that I'm not the only one here to report Shiny Graveler sightings... o_o I've actually seen three! Two in Pearl, that blew up in my face, atomising my glory, and one in Platinum which I did manage to catch. I traded it over to my Soul Silver before I erased my file. Yay, shiny Golem!

The first Shiny I ever encountered that wasn't a special freebie was a Shiny Unown... Seriously. One of the worst possible Shiny Pokémon ever!

The only other one I've seen and caught since, in any Generation, was my Shiny blue Psyduck in Diamond. I love it! :)

Back