• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Years
  • This just occurs to me - how is the "Musical Instrument" skill handled?
    Should we just assume that we have said instrument in our inventory if we took the skill, or do we have to go out and obtain one?

Minor details, I know. :P

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • This just occurs to me - how is the "Musical Instrument" skill handled?
    Should we just assume that we have said instrument in our inventory if we took the skill, or do we have to go out and obtain one?

Minor details, I know. :P
    They're items, so even if you have the skill you'll either have to find one or buy one.

Though you could assume that your character had one prior to the RP's start, but that's totally up to you.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • I posted guys~

Machomuu I didn't know how to end my post so I sorta bunnied Godot a little without your permission Bad GM! Against the rules!. If you mind, tell me ^^ I'll just change my post.

Oh and I can't keep this to me any longer so...

This RP, Sword Art Online: Sanctuary, will be alive for 2 years next month!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I posted guys~

Machomuu I didn't know how to end my post so I sorta bunnied Godot a little without your permission Bad GM! Against the rules!. If you mind, tell me ^^ I'll just change my post.

Oh and I can't keep this to me any longer so...

This RP, Sword Art Online: Sanctuary, will be alive for 2 years next month!
    Congrats, Saph!

Oh, and I read the post, it's fine.

Also, Linkarus submitted an SU a few posts up that you might want to take a look at.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Congrats, Saph!

Also, Linkarus submitted an SU a few posts up that you might want to take a look at.

Thank you! SD and I couldn't have done it without you all tho ;v;

I read it, I'll discuss it with SD soon. I personally think the character's personality is a lot like Kirito and with that also a bit like SD's Robin and if I'm right also like Nagi's Wisp.

I like the sword arts though. They're different, powerful... yet dangerous to the user.

Years
  • Hi, I'm working on a sign-up at the moment. I'm still deciding on my character's skills. I saw that I was able to choose familiar recovery as a skill, but have no access to a familiar. Would I be able to take the skill and find a familiar relatively soon after joining the rp?

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • This RP, Sword Art Online: Sanctuary, will be alive for 2 years next month!

Congratulations indeed Sapphire, that's an impressive lifespan for an RP indeed. It's certainly something to be proud of, let us try to keep it alive even further into the future.

Also, Vanish post is up. Our friendly neighborhood psychopath is dealing with the perplexing obsession he is developing for Lacy... but while doing so he receives a message from a user whos name has been mysteriously removed from the sent message. In this message is an objective that will surely set a new event in motion for all involved with the boss fight to come.

Pssst. Sapphire, initiate phase one of the super secret Vanish plan.

I tried to make the sword arts a bit fair, since I picture Shin not being able to handle the speed and power of his sword skills and then ending up exhausted or just tired.

Hi, I'm working on a sign-up at the moment. I'm still deciding on my character's skills. I saw that I was able to choose familiar recovery as a skill, but have no access to a familiar. Would I be able to take the skill and find a familiar relatively soon after joining the rp?

It's great to see new interest in the RP. ^^ I can't wait to see you guys' potential murder vict- I mean, characters.

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
  • Oh yeah, 2 questions.
    1st question is, when we join the RP, where do we start? Do we start at the 1st Floor or get to the 4th Floor already? Or is it for us it decide?
    2nd question is, Since I see that this RP has already advanced, are we allowed to have our own gear now or are we supposed to still have the Starter Items?

Oh and last question.
    After we join, do we either wait for further instructions, or do we just post?

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Oh yeah, 2 questions.
    1st question is, when we join the RP, where do we start? Do we start at the 1st Floor or get to the 4th Floor already? Or is it for us it decide?
    2nd question is, Since I see that this RP has already advanced, are we allowed to have our own gear now or are we supposed to still have the Starter Items?

Oh and last question.
    After we join, do we either wait for further instructions, or do we just post?
    1. You can start wherever, really. The RP assumes that you've been in the game since the beginning (well, unless you joined later, but that's up to you and your character).
    2. Gear is also up to you, though there will be higher scrutiny by us GMs so that your character isn't overpowered.
    3. Nope, no instructions. Once you're approved you can pretty much do what you want.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Hi, I'm working on a sign-up at the moment. I'm still deciding on my character's skills. I saw that I was able to choose familiar recovery as a skill, but have no access to a familiar. Would I be able to take the skill and find a familiar relatively soon after joining the rp?

Nope. You can get the familiar recovery skill but the GM decides who gets a familiar and who doesn't. I'm going to start this discussion with them soon.

Pushing us into giving you one will lower your chances c: just warning.

Also, don't mind Deceptio. He's our friendly neighbour psychopath.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Nope. You can get the familiar recovery skill but the GM decides who gets a familiar and who doesn't. I'm going to start this discussion with them soon.

Pushing us into giving you one will lower your chances c: just warning.

Also, don't mind Deceptio. He's our friendly neighbour psychopath.

Neh, Sapphire, don't tell them that. You'll scare them away!

I'm not a psychopath! My character is! Don't worry, if your characters don't cross him then he more than likely won't try to kill them! He's nice like that, if you back down easily and don't get in his way then he'll most likely find you too boring to kill! That's our Vanish for ya.

So just to clarify:

Vanish - Dangerous psychopath hell bent on killing for his amusement. Likes hot chocolate.

Deceptio - Wonderful fellow with only a few psychopathic tendencies. Also likes hot chocolate.

I hope we all get along. ~ <3

Years
  • Do characters from the show or novel exist? ex: Sachi or Agil

Also, what was the boss on floor 3?

I'm not a GM, but I'm pretty sure that the canon characters don't exist in this game as a general rule (besides Kayaba Akihiko the game designer, of course). If they did, we likely would have heard from them by now.

I know for certain that there was no boss on the third floor.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • *is back*
    *has no clue where we are And neglected to look at the IC*
    Well, crap. Sorry for disappearing again. Apparently I'm a good magician. If you fine fellows and felines wouldn't be offended, I'd like to come back. And maybe make a third character.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
  • I'm not a GM, but I'm pretty sure that the canon characters don't exist in this game as a general rule (besides Kayaba Akihiko the game designer, of course). If they did, we likely would have heard from them by now.

I know for certain that there was no boss on the third floor.

Well in that case, if Kayaba exists then Heathcliff should exist.

Did floor 4 have a boss?

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    after a quick search of this thread, i found out that canon characters such as Kirito and Asuna indeed do not exist c: and well... Kayaba exists as he created the game, but even then it cannot be said that Heathcliff exists because in this iteration of the SAO universe he may not have decided to put himself in the game, technically. but if he does exist, maybe the GMs still have a plot involving him in mind for the future or something. c:

also i can confirm that floor 3 had no boss, or at least we didn't battle it because of the timeskip.
    floor 4 does have a boss, however: that's the one we're about to fight, haha!

Back