• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♫ Telepathic Melodies ♫ - Psychic Pokemon Club

Would you like to see competitions implemented into the club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Current Topic: If you could use one Psychic-type move in real life, which would it be? Why?

Teleport is the first thing that came to my mind for obvious reasons. It's one of the most practical powers ever. You are arriving late somewhere? No problem. You want to meet your family that is living abroad? There you go. You forgot to bring something with you? Just a moment. The posibilities are infinite.
    However, if teleport worked like in the game, it would lose most of its use, teleporting you ONLY to the last hospital/house you visited isn't the coolest power.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you could use one Psychic-type move in real life, which would it be? Why?
    This certainly is a nice topic, haha.

There are many psychic-type moves out there that I wish I were able to utilize in real life, but from top of my head, one of them would likely have to be Psychic. This allows us to read minds, I believe, as well as carry objects around from here to there without physically touching. That's pretty cool, isn't it? Plus, it's also got a decent attack power (even though I probably won't be using it to precisely hurt anybody).

Aside from that, I believe Teleport would also be rather sweet, due to similar reasons as above; being able to get from one place to another without much physical effort sounds very nifty, at least to me. Teleporting also takes seconds to get done, which is a major advantage in my eyes.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Rest all the time.

Teleport would be fantastic, yay for no more traffic in the mornings and evenings and anywhere. Telekinesis would be cool to have too so I don't have to move long distances to get things and also for lifting heavy objects easier.

Years
  • If you could use one Psychic-type move in real life, which would it be? Why?
    Ooooh, this is a fun one. I think I would go with Telekinesis, a move that lets the user lift the foe into the air. This would make moving things so much easier, and also more fun to do. Teleport has been mentioned by a few users here too so i'll give that a pass for the same reasons.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    If you could use one Psychic-type move in real life, which would it be? Why?

Definitely Teleport. I'd love to be able to get up late, teleport to school and go straight back home. Same goes for grocery shopping, getting stuck outside in a thunderstorm or other various real life situations. Having Teleport would help nullify all those problems and also be convenient for transportation and saving time.

If we also consider the fact that there's no teleportation limit, then you also gain the ability to travel overseas. Free holidays, anybody?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • If you could use one Psychic-type move in real life, which would it be? Why?
    Probably Psychic, because making objects float with your mind seems very cool to me. I can't really think of much situations it's practical, with exception of things like moving that very heavy piano to the second floor. Still, it sounds awesome!

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Since we're on the topic, what do you think these attacks would do in real life? :
    Ally Switch (change places with another person?)
    Amnesia (forget stuff? :P)
    Calm Mind
    Cosmic Power
    Gravity
    Guard Split
    Guard Swap
    Heal Block
    Imprison
    Magic Coat
    Magic Room
    Miracle Eye
    Mirror Coat
    Power Split
    Power Swap
    Power Trick
    Psycho shift
    Role Play
    Skill Swap
    Synchronoise
    Trick
    Trick Room
    Wonder Room

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Hello! I would like to join as well :D

Username: Saronai
    Partner Pokemon: Meloetta
    648.png

Why You Want to Join the Club: I like most of the psychic types and think the idea of psychic abilities is rather cool in general. Also, you have a really fun topic under discussion right now and I thought maybe I should stop ghosting responses and finally come up with my own :D
    Thoughts on Current Topic: Hm...teleport would be really super useful...
    But I'm gonna have to go with Heal pulse, I think. Especially since Doctors in the real world are incredibly expensive where I am, even with insurance (that's incidently so expensive we can seldom afford copays anyway). Would be nice to just do a little bit of healing my loved ones each day until I run out of PP. Then again...they'd probably just work to restore our energy for the day and any physical injuries, not illnesses, which would likely count as status effects? Still, a little bit of healing magic would be nice, even if it was limited.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Heya Saronai, welcome! Heal Pulse's a great choice of a move, actually. If people were to practice the technique, eventually it'd reach a point where it'd make a huge impact on the medical industry. What if lots of doctors or medics had access to this move by some chance? It'd be great for helping out the sick, saving money and even future cures or treatements. Overall, it'd be a wonderful thing to have in real life so I'd probably want to have it more than Teleport. While the former's much more convenient and cooler, the latter would help with rising medical funds and such.

Glad you came to join us then! It's a pretty fun topic to talk about, I agree. And could you imagine if different people had different psychic moves at their disposal? Who knows how that'd affect our quality of life or the things we could do? Constructing houses, reading minds, all of that stuff is made easier with the help of these moves.

But hmm, I don't think running out of PP is actually an issue in real life. Instead of a PP up, I imagine healing or any other form of magic would just use up energy. And that itself is pretty easy to restore with just a night's rest or some food.

Also Meloetta's a really interesting pokemon, haha. What made you choose it as your partner? I think it's cool having a singer around, makes for quite the interesting moves and ideas that could be done for it.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Also Meloetta's a really interesting pokemon, haha. What made you choose it as your partner? I think it's cool having a singer around, makes for quite the interesting moves and ideas that could be done for it.

I love Meloetta so much that I broke my slow climb through the games, insisting I didn't need the new ones while I was still all the way back enjoying my Emerald playthrough. As soon as I saw her I caught up in the games to my son and husband (who were on B/W/B2/W2 at the time. Fortunately it was shortly after our tax returns so I could afford to. I actually already had Pearl and I skipped HG and SS at the time because I didn't like Lyra's design (my son gave me his copy of SS later anyway).

Anyway, she's adorable, and when you click over to her and she does her little song, even more so. In my opinion, out of all the pokemon, she has the most pleasant (and cutest) "cry." Also...it doesn't hurt that I love music and enjoy singing probably as much as Meloetta does :D

As to the topic at hand, yeah, teleport would be fun and flashier, help me affordably see the world and such, but heal pulse is just...far too necessary in this world for me to pass up. Perhaps if it existed, health centers around the world would be free like a pokecenter for people, and the perks might include really nice, designated housing to allow them to stay rent and bill free.

Yeah, we're already living in a fantasy world so why not say all these people would have to worry for in their lives is showing up for their shift and improving their skills in harmony with science and education. Those in charge see fit they are otherwise comfortably taken care of for all they do for the community. This way everyone gets free health care and those providing it get much-deserved perks.

Not that I would insist on such a thing if I was one with heal pulse. I just want it because I hate seeing people in pain, especially those close to me. It does get me thinking about our real, hidden potentials in areas we dismiss as mere fantasy though. Starting with our body's extra ability at healing itself when the placebo effect activates. Who knows, maybe some sort of heal pulse is hidden in there, using the mind to trick the body into serious repair mode.

I'll stop rambling now lol.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Current Topic: If you could use one Psychic-type move in real life, which would it be? Why?

Hmmm hard question!
    Doesnt psychic and telekinesis do the same thing? Psychic allows u to move things around with your mind and lift them and hurt them in such and so does telekinesis lol. Well for me i would have to say Future Sight because its basically looking into the future. i can cheat everything in life! XD but i could stop disasters see myself and the choices i should and shouldnt make and really what could it not help u with? It would just be so awesome to know the future. Also id love to say IM PSYCHIC FOR REALZ PEOPLE! Lol u could also do that and become famous. Or be locked up for being a freak XD
    Oh and sorry for not chipping in on the last topic been busy with life battling and my clubs lol
    Psychic and Telekinesis DO seem to do the same thing... but that's if you're going by the anime's interpretation. If you're going by the game's, Psychic only really does damage and would cause mass destruction. Future Sight is a really interesting choice though. You could be one of those TV psychics!

Ha ha, it's no problem. We're active when we have something to say. This club's for fun, there's no need to stress it.

Since we're on the topic, what do you think these attacks would do in real life? :
    Ally Switch (change places with another person?)
    Amnesia (forget stuff? :P)
    Calm Mind
    Cosmic Power
    Gravity
    Guard Split
    Guard Swap
    Heal Block
    Imprison
    Magic Coat
    Magic Room
    Miracle Eye
    Mirror Coat
    Power Split
    Power Swap
    Power Trick
    Psycho shift
    Role Play
    Skill Swap
    Synchronoise
    Trick
    Trick Room
    Wonder Room
    Interesting question! Let me think about some of these.

I imagine Amnesia would be useful if you want to block something from your brain that was traumatic or horrible. And if you could somehow use it on others... the potential...

Calm Mind would probably just be something that powers up your Psychic abilities if we're saying they exist in this world. Or perhaps it is a kind of relaxation technique that eliminates stress from your mind and allows you to concentrate. Similar to real world methods, but more... instantly effective. Wow, if I think about it like that... I'd love to have that one.

Gravity seems like it'd be pretty obvious. Imagine using that on an airplane. O_O

Imprison would have a much much more useful application in the real world. Preventing people from using ANY sort of tools? You could be a superhero. They'd be unable to use guns and other harmful weapons. Of course... if a bad person got ahold of this... it wouldn't be good for medical equipment.

Mirror Coat I imagine would make it so that whatever powers another person tries to use on you bounces off. Assuming this imaginary universe where everyone has one Psychic-type move exists, it would be very useful.

Trick Room... that'd be good for getting through traffic! Ha. I imagine it makes things that are moving really slow just zip right on by quickly, whilst Role Play would make you into the Kirby of this strange reality. Use other peoples' powers! That one's OP. :O

And just plan Trick... hee. That one would just work the way it does in the games. If someone has some kind of tool or item, you just switch it right on up with them! It'd be less detrimental than Imprison, but would be fun for a party trick. Or a Magician.

Skill Swap would probably just let you switch a Psychic-move power with someone else.

Hello! I would like to join as well :D

648.png

Why You Want to Join the Club: I like most of the psychic types and think the idea of psychic abilities is rather cool in general. Also, you have a really fun topic under discussion right now and I thought maybe I should stop ghosting responses and finally come up with my own :D
    But I'm gonna have to go with Heal pulse, I think. Especially since Doctors in the real world are incredibly expensive where I am, even with insurance (that's incidently so expensive we can seldom afford copays anyway). Would be nice to just do a little bit of healing my loved ones each day until I run out of PP. Then again...they'd probably just work to restore our energy for the day and any physical injuries, not illnesses, which would likely count as status effects? Still, a little bit of healing magic would be nice, even if it was limited.

I love Meloetta so much that I broke my slow climb through the games, insisting I didn't need the new ones while I was still all the way back enjoying my Emerald playthrough. As soon as I saw her I caught up in the games to my son and husband (who were on B/W/B2/W2 at the time. Fortunately it was shortly after our tax returns so I could afford to. I actually already had Pearl and I skipped HG and SS at the time because I didn't like Lyra's design (my son gave me his copy of SS later anyway).

Anyway, she's adorable, and when you click over to her and she does her little song, even more so. In my opinion, out of all the pokemon, she has the most pleasant (and cutest) "cry." Also...it doesn't hurt that I love music and enjoy singing probably as much as Meloetta does :D

As to the topic at hand, yeah, teleport would be fun and flashier, help me affordably see the world and such, but heal pulse is just...far too necessary in this world for me to pass up. Perhaps if it existed, health centers around the world would be free like a pokecenter for people, and the perks might include really nice, designated housing to allow them to stay rent and bill free.

Yeah, we're already living in a fantasy world so why not say all these people would have to worry for in their lives is showing up for their shift and improving their skills in harmony with science and education. Those in charge see fit they are otherwise comfortably taken care of for all they do for the community. This way everyone gets free health care and those providing it get much-deserved perks.

Not that I would insist on such a thing if I was one with heal pulse. I just want it because I hate seeing people in pain, especially those close to me. It does get me thinking about our real, hidden potentials in areas we dismiss as mere fantasy though. Starting with our body's extra ability at healing itself when the placebo effect activates. Who knows, maybe some sort of heal pulse is hidden in there, using the mind to trick the body into serious repair mode.

I'll stop rambling now lol.

Welcome! You have been added to the list. Aaah, that's quite a nice answer. I do wish myself that doctors weren't so ridiculously expensive. I got a hospital bill of $800 just for being neglected by a doctor and a nurse for four hours when I had the flu, and was then given an over-the-counter medicine that I could've bought for much cheaper which removed my fever and sent away. A few Heal Pulsers in our world would certainly help out in moments like that, even if it'd only just get rid of physical injuries. The less injuries and less tired we are, the more illnesses we'd be able to prevent.

It's also interesting to think about the difference between a person who would have Recover and one who would have Heal Pulse. Heal yourself, or heal only others? I'd go with the latter, because I'd rather not live if the people I cared about couldn't be saved. Besides, you could just find a fellow Heal Pulser to help you out.

Meloetta is also a very nice choice. I am partial to the pretty feminine humanoid Pokemon myself, and I love her flowing green hair. Thumbs up on that reasoning there, and a Pokemon being so awesome that it inspired you to play more of the games.

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
    Years
  • Hello! I would like to join as well :D

648.png

Hello, welcome to you ! :D (im late again -.- ) haha well we happy u join the psychic club. Nice to know u here ::) ..Hmm nice meloetta a legendary also XD

Years
  • Username: Shadic249
    Partner Pokemon: Gardevior for life
    Why You Want to Join the Club: Psychic types are an amazing type and I would be humbled to join this fine establishment
    Thoughts on Current Topic: Hmm, that's a hard one... Teleport would be nice, get from point A to point B, buuuut rest is nice because if it cures ailments if you got say, the flu take a nap and It's gone. Got malaria? Take a quick nap and Poof gone. Plus who doesn't want more sleep?!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome to psychic-type club, Shadic; we're happy to have you on board!

Gardevior is an excellent Pokémon, at least in its type-group. Its Special Attack stat seems to be generally high, and its Speed is decent, too, making it viable for almost any team that needs a psychic-type member. Alongside, it has access to some pretty interesting moves as well, furthering its legitimacy.

Yep, I would also love to have ability to use Teleport, as I'd stated on my previous post. Being able to travel from place to place without any cost is certainly a high advantage; I could imagine it to save me a lot of money all-together, and same would apply for many other people out there in the world.

Years
  • Gardevoir is good stuff indeed...i've used it in RSE more times than I care to count. xP And while i've never really used its Mega Evolution seriously, except a couple times in the post-game of X since I get its Mega Stone, that might change this generation since Mega Gardevoir's ability is now something to actually take advantage of with Pixilate, since Hyper Voice is now a move tutor.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Doink! Let's rise up again... with the next topic.

Current Topic: Fakemon! If you could create your very own Psychic-type, what kind of creature would it be based on? Why? Feel free to go into as much or little detail as you want.

I'd probably want to create some kind of Psychic-type bird. We already have some Psychic/Flying Pokemon, but they just seem to lack that sort of bird feel. Even Natu and Xatu don't really feel quite birdish. Maybe another parrot Pokemon, but emphasizing the intelligence that they tend to have rather than a gimmick. (People train them to do all sorts of things.) I can easily imagine their speaking skill integrated into telepathy and a psychedelic parrotish coloring fitting well with the Psychic-typing. Or perhaps even a raven of sorts with an abstract design. Some would say it'd fit better in the Dark-typing, so perhaps a Dark/Psychic raven Pokemon that takes snippets of random words from people's minds and puts them together into strange word salad poems. Inspired by Edgar Allen Poe. Or something like that.

Or maybe a Water/Psychic dolphin! These graceful creatures fit very well with the Psychic-typing, having an almost mystical feel to them.

Also, I'd like to see a Psychic-type squirrel. There's no real reasoning for it, other than the fact that I think it'd be cute and pretty awesome. That and the fact that I'd like to see more squirrels than just Pachirisu. Perhaps this squirrel could collect people's thoughts and store them inside of two gems on its cheeks, representing cheek pouches. It would be useful for reminding people of things they forgot, or clearing out people's minds who just have too much in it. I can easily imagine the Pokedex entries saying this.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Username: Oblox
    Partner Pokemon: Mew
    Why You Want to Join the Club: Second only to Charizard, Mew and Mewtwo have always been my favourites since playing red/blue/yellow and really wanting to get mew but never seeing any events. Finally got mine in Soulsilver in the FAL2010 event and have loved him ever since. I'm still hoping they do a new OR/AS Mew event and maybe a mega evolution for him, perhaps he'd become a psychic/fairy typing in his mega with trace as a new ability since he can use every TM why not adapt to any pokemons ability too?

I love the Psychic type and always try and have one on my team from the get go (although really hated munna in white as it just seemed a blob). Gardevoir is my current psychic partner in my team as she has a nice hidden ability and good moves and typing plus looks great (not so keen on her mega though), i've liked her ever since she kept beating me in the elite 4 in soulsilver.

Thoughts on Current Topic: Hmm a new psychic type...I really like the idea above of a Dolphin psychic pokemon but id love to see a good non legendary Dragon Psychic type as this is sorely lacking currently and Ive never liked the Eon duo's design much. Base it on a proper multi headed dragon (more brains for psychic power!) and make it truly fearesome rather than cutesy like dragonite.

Years
  • Me? I think i'd want to make a Psychic-type turtle, as weird as that might be. We've had a couple turtles in the series that were known to be knowledgeable (like the elder Torkoal from the PMD Explorers series), so since they're usually meaty they could make for interestingly made Psychics.

Years
  • UserName: CelestrianGamer
    Favorite Pokemon: Gardevoir
    Why: psychic types are really complex and have a huge part of history in the pokémon series.
    Favorite Psychic legendary: Cresselia, being a pokémon with such grace.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back