• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♫ Telepathic Melodies ♫ - Psychic Pokemon Club

Would you like to see competitions implemented into the club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    mmm, maybe Xatu

Xatu.jpg

Because it takes its time to think and its a bit serious most of the time. Also, it looks really majestic and that's pretty cool.

Then, Alakazam might be interesting too, I value intelligence and this monster outsmarts a super computer. That's something.
    pokemans_065.gif

Lately, I should not discard the chance of becoming:
    Slowbro
    xbaa07.gif

Because, I'm not the fastest person out there, and I've always liked Slowpoke's line. It looks so stupid and (in some unexplainable way) clever at the same time. It looks like it doesn't give a damn about anything, and I'm like that sometimes.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    While I do think staying as human-like as possible would be ideal, we'd probably have new powers and abilities to adjust to anyway. Learning a new body structure wouldn't be that bad, right?

In any case, Reuniculus would probably be my choice if given the opportunity. For one, it's a shapeshifting blob. And secondly, it floats. I know it was never mentioned that Reuniculus could contort its body shape but its sort of implied through design and possibly even in the anime. Regardless, I'd love to be a floating mass of goo that's able to change form at will and happily float around. I think what really gets me though is the ability to levitate freely in the air. Sure its not a rare occurence for pokemon to be floating or flying but Reuniculus can also use its huge hands to grip things or help out trainers and pokemon alike. There's a lot of great things packed into this one goo so yeah. Not a bad pokemon to be! :]

If we're talking about what psychic type we'd be based on our similarities and traits to them, I'd probably be amongst the Slowpokes of the universe. For one, it'd be an understatement to say I like lazing around and sleeping. I'd also like to think that I don't really worry about the world or give much thought to things. I would care if someone came around selling my poor tail for 5,000,000 pokedollars though. :(

And mm, Alakazam's a cool choice. Not only does it have a humanoid body, it also combines intellectual ability and kitchen utensils to make for a deadly opponent. I'm actually already pretty impressed by the fact that it's even using spoons in its arsenal so props for the choice. Same goes for Delphox!

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I find it interesting. In these sorts of discussions about what Pokemon you would be, a lot of people go with Slowpoke/Snorlax in that sort of self-depreciate-y way. I'd like to think that there would be less of those in this world. I mean, we all like to sleep, and we're all lazy at times. I know I'm capable of great laziness. But if you're posting on this here forum and giving it so much thought to what Pokemon you'd be, perhaps you're a bit less lazy than you thought.

If I were to turn myself into any psychic-type Pokémon, one option would probably have to be Espeon.

First and foremost is that a lot of people find this particular Pokémon to be rather adorable, and so do I; with its looks, I don't believe I wouldn't have much trouble making human friends and acquaintances (or finding myself a decent trainer). In terms of battling and whatnot, most Espeon seem to have Magic Bounce ability, and I would likely be carrying it as well; with this, things would be slightly more easy, as I could throw back any non-damaging moves opponents throw at me without much hassle.

My move-set would be consisting of Reflect, Light Screen, Morning Sun (or is it Moonlight?), and Psycho Shock. With former two, I would be raising defenses for entirety of my team, helping them to endure a couple of extra hits, Morning Sun would give me chance to recover health any time I'm low on it, and with Psycho Shock, I'd be able to cause some damage to the opponent.
    Ooh, I like how you took it to that extra dimension and thought of what kind of battle strategy you'd use as an Espeon. Also, that reasoning... being a Pokemon that humans prefer would certainly get you far in that world. I can't say that I wouldn't totally just catch a cute Espeon if it walked right up to me. <3

Espeon gets Morning Sun, I believe.

What kind of moveset would I have? Hmm. As a Delphox… I think I'd have Psychic, Overheat, Wish, and Light Screen. Not really the most competitively viable or usable in a game, but more so based on my personality. My primary move would probably be Psychic, as I would enjoy using my mental abilities more so than my fire abilities. Especially since I'd probably go all out a lot with my fire, explaining the use of Overheat. It'd be something I'd use in a pinch, and something that would happen if I got particularly enraged, I think. It's interesting, that duality of a Fire/Psychic-type. The collected calmness of the mental, with the fiery passion of the Fire-type. I think it perfectly represents me as well.

The other half of my moveset is supportive due to the fact that I tend to play that sort of role in life and in a few video games as well. I don't like to be on the front lines fighting so much. I'd rather provide healing and buffs. And Wish is great for me because I often have a lot of desires and wishes, and things I'm not satisfied with constantly. Whenever I'm in a tough situation, I often think: "I wish I could just magically fix this." That kind of would be perfect. As for Light Screen, I would be more resistant to special moves, and would be better equipped to defend against those.

What psychic type would I be?

As much as i don't like it, Wobbuffet. It may be easy to get around but it is such a troll.
    Ooh, that's a unique one. And it would certainly be kind of convenient. You wouldn't have to initiate anything. A Wobbuffet could just sit there to its heart's content, throwing attacks back at enemies. And most people would likely leave you alone because they'd know about it. Just hope you're not a female Wobbuffet, unless you love lipstick.

hello psychic clubmates :) ..i just wanna say a happy merry christmas to us ^_^ ..i know u happily u too spent the xmas hehe :)
    Merry Christmas to you too! And to all of the members in the club. Hope you enjoy your holidays!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I didn't consider that, haha. I suppose we're all lazy at times but Slowpoke was the first to jump to mind. Though I get what you're getting at so if I thought about my choice more carefully then I'd probably say something like an Espeon or Wobbuffet would be more fitting.

I'm actually surprised that people can so easily identify themselves with a psychic type personality-wise though. Slowpoke came to mind first because I knew I enjoyed sleeping and lazing around even if it was a common human trait. Looking at the other ones, I find it weird trying to compare myself as a person to them. Sure most, if not all psychic types are intelligent but it's not really a main trait of mine if that makes sense.

Regardless, I think I'd also be a part of the Wobbuffet club. As a person, I avoid picking fights and Wobbuffet's anime appearances remind me of myself in some ways. With Espeon, I can only really say that I love cats so it's not too valid of a reason with which one I'm most similar to.

Oh and the moveset idea's cool enough! I think I'd find Psychic / Recover / Light Screen / Thunderbolt the most useful in a real life situation. Psychic would be my main offensive move as its reliable in accuracy while also having high damage. Recover and Light Screen would help for staying healthy and increasing endurability during tough fights while Thunderbolt's there for a bit of type coverage. :]

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
    Years
  • Hello clubmates! Hows our psychic club ?? XD its so quite huh ..anyway the new year is coming so advance happy new year everyone ^_^ ..be strong and good example other here haha .. well whats are new topic ?? :) see yah around~ *teleport*

Years
  • If I could be a psychic type Pokemon I'd be tempted to say Mewtwo because of it's raw power and I love how it looks but I also quite like Lugia because of the film Pokemon The Movie 2000, besides who doesn't want to be a psychic type and the King Of The Sea?

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    If I could be a psychic type Pokemon I'd be tempted to say Mewtwo because of it's raw power and I love how it looks but I also quite like Lugia because of the film Pokemon The Movie 2000, besides who doesn't want to be a psychic type and the King Of The Sea?
    Lugia is such a strange Pokemon, isn't it? It's King of the Sea, but has no Water-typing! I guess you get the awesomeness of a Water-type whilst being a Psychic-type instead. And Mewtwo? Well, if you were Mewtwo, you're basically king of the Pokemon World. Particularly if you could Mega Evolve... that would be pretty interesting, wouldn't it? I wonder what it would feel like.

If I could be any psychic Pokemon?

Meowstic, because I love scarves and cats. I fell in love with it when I first saw it.
    Meowstic. <3 I love scarves and cats too. Excellent choice, and adorable.

Hello clubmates! Hows our psychic club ?? XD its so quite huh ..anyway the new year is coming so advance happy new year everyone ^_^ ..be strong and good example other here haha .. well whats are new topic ?? :) see yah around~ *teleport*
    Things are kind of quiet, huh? Well, Happy Almost New Year to you all! I suppose it's about time to introduce a new topic, isn't it?

Current Topic: Which Pokemon would you add the Psychic-type to? Why?

_________

Well, I can say I think it would make a lot of sense to add it to Golduck and Psyduck. They have strange Psychic abilities, but are still ordinary Water-types. Same with Ninetales especially. I can just see Vulpix evolving to have a secondary Psychic-type easily, because of the very spiritual lore of Ninetales easily lending itself to a mystical typing like Psychic. It should have the ability to use the move Psychic as well, as opposed to Extrasensory. And yes, I know we spoke of Mega Evolutions with them before. But I'm just speaking of adding it to them normally, perhaps if you had a say in the upcoming generation to revamp the types.

I have a theory that they didn't give Pokemon like those the Psychic-type due to being vaguely aware of how overpowered it was.

Some less common ones I'd give it to might be Misdreavus/Mismagius. There's no Ghost/Psychic type out there yet, is there? And I've seen the Psychic-type applied to a witchish Pokemon like Delphox and other such magical beings. It seems like a bit of a stretch, but I think it could work.

Honestly, I also think that Lucario would make more sense with a Fighting/Psychic-typing rather than Steel. Yes, the spikes can lend themselves to Steel, but its aura powers seem very mystical... relating to a person's soul and personality, almost. It fits in with the ki-like abilities of Fighting, but I also think a Psychic-type would lend more credence to being an Aura Pokemon.

Speaking of Fighting-types, Mienshao looks like it might lend itself to a Psychic-type as well. It has that sort of gracefulness and coloring of a Psychic-type. And looks like it could be quite brainy and fitting of it easily.

Just a few ideas there. Nothing I expect to see actually happen.

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
    Years
  • Current Topic: Which Pokemon would
    you add the Psychic-type to? Why?

Other pokemon has a 2 type when can evolve or not. For me its CELEBI, grass/psychic type too. Celebi is guardian of the forest am i right? XD and its strong also. I lovely this pokemon, coz its protect the forest :) . Also VICTINI, fire/psychic too. So cute and its strong when around the battles ^_^ . I dont know what its protected.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have always been rather baffled as to why Lugia was the King of The Sea when it's mainly psychic type but that said it's still a pretty kickass Pokemon :)

As to which Pokemon I'd like to be a psychic type I have no clue, the only one I could think of was Mienshao because upon first appearance I instantly thought it was a psychic type.

Years
  • I don't want to sound one-sided with this being my favorite Pokémon, but Lapras, since it's the transport Pokémon, is one that I don't think would be horribly out of place with the Psychic-type, not to mention it can learn Psychic itself. That's one I was able to think of after some thought of what there is and seems Psychic-like.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I don't want to sound one-sided with this being my favorite Pokémon, but Lapras, since it's the transport Pokémon, is one that I don't think would be horribly out of place with the Psychic-type, not to mention it can learn Psychic itself. That's one I was able to think of after some thought of what there is and seems Psychic-like.

Ehhh, it does get Psychic, yes, but I don't think it screams Psychic to me since it doesn't really have any other telepathic powers that have been showcased.

Psyduck/Golduck and Vuplix/Ninetales would be my votes. Both learn Psychic moves and have been displayed using telepathic powers in various ways before.

Years
  • Well when I saw that post, I was just reminded of the Mystery Dungeon: Explorers series, where Lapras floats over the sea of time to get you and your partner to the Hidden Land. That might not benefit to its favor, but it feels psychic with that.

And another one i'll mention is Stantler, since its antlers make people lose control of their senses, and distort reality, as stated in its Pokédex entries. We got Girafarig the same generation as it, but Stantler would need something to make it unique.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    I have already commented about this like 2 times, but it doesn't matter ^^, I agree with Ninetales and Golduck, and I'll add another one that just scream psychic:
    noctowl_by_fannyloo-d4xpb6n.png

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    What pokemon would you add psychic type to and why?

Lucario. I feel like we're going to be seeing a load of Ninetales, Golduck and Noctowl answers so I'll leave it to others to explain their thoughts on those three.

Lucario's about as much of a spiritually connected pokemon than it is a fighter. We get shown a movie where Lucario uses auras and telepathy, mentions of it in-game and more. I'm not really sure where the steel type got thrown in (unless they didn't want a second gallade) but I'd say making it a psychic/fighting would be pretty cool! :]

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    What pokemon would you add psychic type to and why?

Lucario. I feel like we're going to be seeing a load of Ninetales, Golduck and Noctowl answers so I'll leave it to others to explain their thoughts on those three.

Lucario's about as much of a spiritually connected pokemon than it is a fighter. We get shown a movie where Lucario uses auras and telepathy, mentions of it in-game and more. I'm not really sure where the steel type got thrown in (unless they didn't want a second gallade) but I'd say making it a psychic/fighting would be pretty cool! :]
    Oh yeah. High five for us thinking the same thing!

I don't want to sound one-sided with this being my favorite Pokémon, but Lapras, since it's the transport Pokémon, is one that I don't think would be horribly out of place with the Psychic-type, not to mention it can learn Psychic itself. That's one I was able to think of after some thought of what there is and seems Psychic-like.
    That's an interesting one! I personally think if it had a typing added, Dragon would make the most sense. But I could see Psychic working. It has this sort of gentle calm nature to it, and radiates the mystique of a Psychic-type. I wouldn't mind seeing it with this typing added or even a Psychic-type Mega. It would certainly catch people as off-guard as Pinsir and Flying-type.

____

Sorry about not being too active here, guys! I've been a bit sick. But let us move forth to the next topic:

Current Topic: If you could use one Psychic-type move in real life, which would it be? Why?

_________

This requires a bit of interpreting what the moves might do in a realistic context, so I'll interpret based on the names.

It's a tough decision for me. There's so many awesome moves I'd want to use! Hypnosis so that I could easily put my poor sleepless fiance to bed (and myself at times), Heal Pulse to get rid of injuries, Agility so that I could go faster at doing basically everything... a lot of these moves are kind of like superpowers. Future Sight would be an interesting one as well, though I honestly wouldn't want the ability to see forward as it would make me more neurotic than I already am. And who could forget Heart Swap? Ooooh, that would be SO interesting switching bodies with people. Though it isn't something that would be very practical.

I think I'd have to go with Telekinesis based on the name and what it does. It basically just lets you make things float around with your mind, and I would love to just have random objects come towards me using only my thoughts. it's a classic and very practical Psychic power, even if it's a bit boring compared to all of the other things you could do. I'm very physically weak as well, so it would be useful for heavier objects. I think my brain could handle the strain much better than my muscles. Though I'd probably become really thin and lazy with moving my actual body if I ever had this power. :P

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Current Topic: If you could use one Psychic-type move in real life, which would it be? Why?

Hmmm hard question!
    Doesnt psychic and telekinesis do the same thing? Psychic allows u to move things around with your mind and lift them and hurt them in such and so does telekinesis lol. Well for me i would have to say Future Sight because its basically looking into the future. i can cheat everything in life! XD but i could stop disasters see myself and the choices i should and shouldnt make and really what could it not help u with? It would just be so awesome to know the future. Also id love to say IM PSYCHIC FOR REALZ PEOPLE! Lol u could also do that and become famous. Or be locked up for being a freak XD
    Oh and sorry for not chipping in on the last topic been busy with life battling and my clubs lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back