• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 151 - 251 - 386 - 493 - ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
  • I wondered how many old pokemon would be in the Isshu pokedex, so I did some math. I didn't use the Kanto or Johto Pokedexes because both of those had every pokemon up to that point.

DISCLAIMER: THESE FOLLOWING FORMULAS ARE NOT TO GUESS NINTENDO/GAME FREAK'S METHODS. THEY ARE JUST TO SHOW A ROUGH ESTIMATE OF HOW MANY NEW POKEMON WILL BE IN THE GAMES INSTEAD OF JUST A RANDOM NUMBER GUESS (AKA EDUCATED GUESS). THESE FORMULAS PROBABLY WON'T WORK WITH THE 5th GEN BUT I AM USING THEM TO GIVE A GENERAL IDEA OF WHAT WE COULD SEE HAPPEN.

There are 68 old pokemon in the Hoenn Pokedex. There are a total of 202 pokemon in the Hoenn Pokedex. There are a total of 134 new pokemon in the Hoenn Pokedex (A.K.A. Hoenn Pokemon).

202 - 68 = 134 (total Hoenn pokemon in 3rd gen dex - total non hoenn pokemon in 3rd gen dex)

134 / 202 ~ .6634 (amount of new divided by total)

68 / 202 ~ .34 (amount of old divided by total)

So far we know that Tsutarja/Tsutaaja is number 1, Pokabu is number 4 and Mijumaru is number 7 in the Isshu Pokedex. We also know that Chiraamii is number 78.

.6634 * 78 ~ 52 (percent new times total known thus far)

.34 * 78 ~ 26 (percent old times total known thus far)

If we take the number of pokemon that we know of so far and apply the ratio we get 52 new pokemon to 26 old pokemon.

I did the math for the previous generations to see how many pokemon they added for each generation. This is total pokemon, not just new pokemon:

They added 151 pokemon in Kanto.
    They added 100 pokemon from Kanto to Jhoto.
    They added 135 pokemon from Jhoto to Hoenn.
    They added 107 pokemon from Hoenn to Sinnoh.

If you add these numbers together you get 616 pokemon.
    If you average these numbers together you get a little over 123 pokemon.

.6634 * 123 ~ 82 (percent new times estimated guess)

.34 * 123 ~ 41 (percent old times estimated guess)

If there are 123 pokemon in the Isshu Pokedex, 41 of them will be old and 82 of them will be new. This isn't much and I hope that the ratio decreases.

The ratio is from one game and one game only. This means that the ratio is probably too large compared to what will happen in the Isshu pokedex. If we get lucky there may be 20 old pokemon.

There was a rumor spreading around on Pokebeach that this one guy seems to know insider info about the 5th Generation Pokemon games. He claimed that there would be 157 pokemon in the Isshu pokedex, which would bring the total pokemon to 650.

From Pokebeach.com (https://pokebeach.com/2010/06/possible-black-and-white-spoilers-unconfirmed):
    Spoiler:

If this turns out to be true:

.6634 * 157 ~ 104 (percent new times rumored total)

.34 * 157 ~ 53 (percent old times rumored total)

This would mean we would get 104 new pokemon, 4 more than we got in Johto. This would be fine by me, but I doubt that this guy is speaking the truth. Most rumors are fake.

We will find out the true total sometime around August I am guessing.

As long as there are at least 100 new 5th gen pokemon I will be happy.

What do you guys think? How many pokemon do you want to be added? How many new pokemon do you want? Do you wish they would just add all new pokemon instead of some old ones? Do you want less new pokemon? Tell me!

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I personally think we sill be seeing maybe a total of 648 or something like that, I like the looks of that number! ^_^

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    I dunno, all I know is that I'm looking forward to the 5th generation. :D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I may be imagining it, but I thought it was announced a while back that it was 110, which would put the total up to 603

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I may be imagining it, but I thought it was announced a while back that it was 110, which would put the total up to 603

I don't recall hearing that.

I'd like it to be a big number. New Pokémon are nice. x3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I could swear I saw it on Bulbapedia on the day B/W were announced...maybe it was taken down as just a rumor. XP

Personally, I'd like to see something in the neighborhood of 135-150...make the total just short of 666. XD

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • They added 151 pokemon in Kanto.
    They added 100 pokemon from Kanto to Jhoto.
    They added 135 pokemon from Jhoto to Hoenn.
    They added 107 pokemon from Hoenn to Sinnoh.

If you average these three numbers together you get a little over 123 pokemon.

This would bring the total to of 616!!!

Keep in mind that there are thousands upon thousands of pokemon already pre-drawn, and more and more are coming. Who knows how many they will add!

I hope that they go beyond 700, but its highly unlikely.

How many pokemon do you hope they add?

I could swear I saw it on Bulbapedia on the day B/W were announced...maybe it was taken down as just a rumor. XP

Personally, I'd like to see something in the neighborhood of 135-150...make the total just short of 666. XD

Little known fact or maybe I should say highly ignored fact. As of 05 or 06 (can't remember) an older copy of Book of Relevations was found that suggests that 616 is actually the original number of the beast.

I think 107 again is a safe bet though part of me kind of hopes they add 58 or 158 Pokemon to bring the total to 551 or 651. Preferably 651.

But I must say Haza 648 is a daaaaamn sexy number. ;)

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • put it up to 9001
    I'd go with 648 or 656. More pokemon makes me more hyped and no new pokemon at all makes me bored. :(

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Dosnt matter how many little fail pokemon we get, as long as we get at least 10 good ones I'm k. Who serriosly caught Skitty?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • put it up to 9001
    I'd go with 648 or 656. More pokemon makes me more hyped and no new pokemon at all makes me bored. :(
    A range of 155-163 new Pokémon? I can see that. Plus, the PokéDex number at 648 or 656 do look pretty good. If I had to make another guess, I'd say about 632 Pokémon in total (139 new Pokémon for the Isshu Region).

Who serriosly caught Skitty?
    I did, 'kay thanks - and I trained it as well. =]

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Whatever amount it is, we can be sure the total will be over 600. I'd like a larger number myself though, maybe around 648 lol.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I would prefer a smaller addition. If they wanted to keep adding Pokémon each gen, they should've started only adding 50-75 each time instead of 100+. D: I think once it passes 500 Pokémon, it'll officially be ridiculous and since we're already at 498... >_>;

I really, really don't want any more than 600. That's too high a number to remember. :( I do agree that if the Isshu region is so far away, it should have newer, more exotic Pokémon but I really, really don't want to remember that many.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Well seeing as they originally designed 1000 pokemon in hopes that it would become popular its safe to say that we still have a long way to go before the end :D I for one am happy about that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back