• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 151 - 251 - 386 - 493 - ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE THOUSAND! Around 670 would be nice!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Did any of you know that Mijumaru will be pokemon #500? :D

Hoenn has brought the most number of mew pokemon into the pkmn world than any other region other than Kanto (and Kanto has barely a higher amount). I hope b&w does the same. So in my dreams I'd say they add somewhere between 115-135. If we're lucky they they may even add 150 new pokemon. So I expect the final numbers ot be around 608-628. If we get lucky then we'll see 643.

Probably around 110. xD Random guess.

They can only get so creative, Nintendo can. xD

I heard a rumor sometime ago that originally they created over 1,000 pokemon before Green or Red versions came out. Yeah that sounds crazy, and it might be extremely exaggerated since you know how rumors get, but if it's true then say if we get 150 new pkmn and it brings to total to 643 then we'll still have another 357 pokemon to be revealed. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    OVER NINE THOUSAND? XD LOL

Beat me to it, haha.

I reckon it'll be just over 100, to bring us up to 600 - maybe 601 with an event legendary (that I won't ever be able to get... I hate event legendaries, but that's a story for another day).

However I hope we'll get a few more, to bring us up to 650... Or 651, to hark back to RBY/GSC when we had x-hundred-and-fifty-one Pokemon.

P.S. PiPVoda, you really need to change the colour of your post font. It's quite annoying to have to highlight everything you post to be able to read it against the dark background...

Alternatively, is there a way to change the background colour of the forum?

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Beat me to it, haha.

I reckon it'll be just over 100, to bring us up to 600 - maybe 601 with an event legendary (that I won't ever be able to get... I hate event legendaries, but that's a story for another day).

However I hope we'll get a few more, to bring us up to 650... Or 651, to hark back to RBY/GSC when we had x-hundred-and-fifty-one Pokemon.

P.S. PiPVoda, you really need to change the colour of your post font. It's quite annoying to have to highlight everything you post to be able to read it against the dark background...

Alternatively, is there a way to change the background colour of the forum?
    Really? I have good eyesight so it's not hard for me to see. Yes there is a way to change the display used (they have like a zillion of 'em). I'll take it into consideration.

Yeah the x-hundred-and-fifty-one sounds good to me. Though 493 isn't a bad number, neither would 628.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • Another 151 would be nice...start over with no Zubat, no Ratatta..... So, my guess is going to be 644. You never know, I mean, the main character is going to be a few years older than previous versions. The only way to find out is to wait... :D

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Although I personally don't want this many, Gamefreak can't pass up the opportunity to make #666 into a Legendary. They've already broken the god barrier (twice, if Mew counts...), so what's to stop them? It won't be EVIL looking perse, just really, REALLY beastly. So, I'm guessing 666-670 will be the number.

Imagine if Black's mascot Pokemon was indeed good ol' 666..... As if people weren't making a big deal out of these games' supposed controversy enough......

Anyway, the number I want is around 600. However, it's likely not to be the case.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Well according to my research, 616 is the false number..but thats a religious thing, not a Pkmn thing.

Either way, I'm just hoping for any amount with decent Pokemon. Tsutaaja doesn't look too bad, but I'm not looking at being a big fan of the other two. Well see what happens with other Pokemon and evolutions.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Really? I have good eyesight so it's not hard for me to see. Yes there is a way to change the display used (they have like a zillion of 'em). I'll take it into consideration.

Yeah the x-hundred-and-fifty-one sounds good to me. Though 493 isn't a bad number, neither would 628.

Changed it now. Sorry for grumbling, I must have accidentally changed it because the background went dark grey the other day and I couldn't figure out how to switch it back.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I'm hoping the new total will be something like 560. I know that doesn't seem like much, but that's the point. Think about it, the less new pokemon they have to work on, the more time they can put into them, making them better.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    i wonder... they have only shown like 5 pokemon, are they anywhere close to completion, or just keeping us rabid?
    could it be that the other pokemon are too closely linked to some hidden feature...? are most in 3D...?

Cid

Years
  • I'm guessing more or less 616 based on the average.

Still, I want them to add only a hundred or so, that way, they could make the individual Pokemon better. Here's hoping the number becomes 593.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm hoping for 151 new pokemon like in kanto
    9 Starter pokemon
    2 trios (6) one of them being the mascots the other being...just being there...
    1 cute legendary
    and 2 opposing uber legendaries
    3 pseudo legendary pokemon
    and 130 normal pokemon!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • they should do a generation where the fans make up every single pokemon in the generation that'd be something.

....but only if they were actually studied and approved and stuff. It might be pretty cool for the people who get in, but be saddening for the many, many, mostly tantrum-keen, little kids that tried with their fail designs.

If they let anything through, that'd be a horrible, horrible game. You would not believe how much crap, for lack of a better word, there is out there.

I'll say probably around 600 would be fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back