• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

9/11/2001 - 9/11/2011 - Tenth Anniversary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I understand people died, but still I can't bring myself to actually care about this...so yeah, sorry victims of 9/11, but I've got nothing else to say. God Bless America? Yeah, whatever America.

I'm sorry, but this post disgusts me.

Anyways, I remember the day well. I was in school, and suddenly students were being called down to go home. I was one of them. My mom picked me up, and I kept asking why she picked me up. She didn't say anything. I remember getting home and my family was gathering around the TV watching the news about it. I don't remember understanding what was happening, I was only 8. That's all I remember.

My heart goes out to all that have lost a love one due to this tragic event. RIP.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    "Never forget" is really detrimental to our whole society. You know? This is the sort of thing that should be forgotten. Live and forget. Yes, of course it is that horrible people died. But look at where we are now, in yet another senseless war. *sigh* And now I'm going to get some comment about how I don't love my country or something, but think of it this way. The terrorists who flew the planes are, well, terrorists. We are America. We are supposed to be better. Our response has been childish. What happened to the efficiency of Desert Storm? We need to move on in the world. Remembering will only hold us back. I sort of hate to say it, but not really, Aljazeera has it right.

Anyway … The worst thing about 9/11 is the way that first responders are being treated.

EDIT:

I don't remember what happened that day, all I know is it made my life hellish being a Muslim and all.

Look I'm not trying to be inconsiderate, but I just..don't care. I was 5 when it happened, so it didn't affect me right away, but later in my life (and my family's) it appears to have developed Islamophobia (still think that word is hilariously bad) for pretty much all Muslims.

I understand people died, but still I can't bring myself to actually care about this...so yeah, sorry victims of 9/11, but I've got nothing else to say. God Bless America? Yeah, whatever America.
    I sympathize with your anger, but you are angry at the wrong people. Do not be angry at the ones who have died, be angry at the politicians who made your life a living Hell.

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • I recognise that some of you will take what I have to say next as a soulless, callous rant. So as a prerequisite I state that I'm also a little sad that some terrorists killed a lot of people ten years ago.

To me, there are two 11/9/2001 events.

1) a day in which some fanatics kill many civilians on ideological grounds. A significant tragedy, but no more so than recent earthquakes. And you won't see a tenth anniversary of the Japanese tsunami crisis.

2) a day in which politicians see an excuse to war against A Tangentially Related Middle-Eastern State. In doing so, they inadvertently kill many civilians on ideological grounds.

Of course, those other civilian deaths are de-emphasised, whereas ten years later... ten years... these are glorified. There won't be a ten year anniversary for the victims of any terrorist attacks after that. I guess they weren't half as important. They didn't provide an excuse for making an illegal war I suppose.

I am upset that people were killed by terrorists ten years ago, but I'm also a little upset that the only reason to promote it above natural disasters with similar death tolls is to remind the Western population "Remember that bad thing the Middle East did? Unforgivable, right? Let's kill some more people in turbans to teach them a jolly good lesson about 'mercan lives on 'mercan soil."

EDIT: On a positive note, I'm glad that the entire thread isn't filled with insane conspiracy theories that make no sense, and that they're only hinted at instead. It's a nice change from similar 11/9/2001 discussions.
    I know all to well not to bring my "theories" into here because it's not about who did it. It's about mourning. Glad you relized they were hinted at though! :D

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    I'm sorry for every innocent person that was killed. It's a thing that saddens me, along with the fact that the people, that still suffer because of the air pollution caused by the 9/11 events, are ignored by the gov and are rarely mentioned in these memorial days.

What saddens me even more is this:
    On a positive note, I'm glad that the entire thread isn't filled with insane conspiracy theories that make no sense, and that they're only hinted at instead. It's a nice change from similar 11/9/2001 discussions.
    So many people keep believing blindly to what they get passed per truth and, instead, refuse to accept the facts (and not theories that make no sense). Just a small part of the facts:
    - some explosions happened at lower floors than the one where the planes collided;
    - the tower imploded vertically exactly the same way of the controlled demolitions;
    - the way the towers were built (project sheets still are there) prevented that they could collapse because of a 747 collision or even less because of a conflagration (in fact the condition the steel columns were found after the event showed the result of a plastic explosion placed on the column, and not the result of the collision of a plane, even if explosive itself);

Just make a search on Google "9 11 truth" (or check THIS, directly), unless your country censores the free flow of information; you'll be surprised by how evident the facts are.

Then, again, I reaffirm my complete respect for the innocent people who died. May they rest in peace.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    So many people keep believing blindly to what they get passed per truth and, instead, refuse to accept the facts (and not theories that make no sense). Just a small part of the facts:
    - some explosions happened at lower floors than the one where the planes collided;
    - the tower imploded vertically exactly the same way of the controlled demolitions;
    - the way the towers were built (project sheets still are there) prevented that they could collapse because of a 747 collision or even less because of a conflagration (in fact the condition the steel columns were found after the event showed the result of a plastic explosion placed on the column, and not the result of the collision of a plane, even if explosive itself);

Just make a search on Google "9 11 truth" (or check THIS, directly), unless your country censores the free flow of information; you'll be surprised by how evident the facts are.
    You can't believe everything you read (something I think someone like you can appreciate). Not even Moore thinks like that.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • You can't believe everything you read.
    Nor can you believe everything you're told and or watched. That includes News on the television sets, and even when the Government tells you anything. Because, it's been proven they lie.

However, that site is credible, they provide lots of evidence. In which the Government did not, their official excuse was that jet fuel made the towers collapse. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. ANd people who believe that are even worse.

But I'm going to try and refrain from saying more of anything because it'll turn into a flame war, and we don't want that at all. Bottom line.

People should do a bit of research. Unlock minds.

9/11 victims, rest in peace.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • My school, Stuyvesant High School, is a mere two or three blocks away from where the Twin Towers once stood. While I didn't go to Stuy when the buildings were hit (I was 5, just started Kindergarten), I still feel an emptiness whenever this day comes around and I'm in Stuy. When the attacks happened, Stuy was under risk of collapsing due to the shockwaves the buildings would send, and it was chaos. No one could get home, and they were stuck in downtown Manhattan. After that day, my school's newspaper, The Stuyvesant Spectator published a famous edition of its newspaper, and here is a link directing you to it (I hope this is allowed, and I forgot the code to shorten links) https://www.scribd.com/doc/6099146/The-Stuyvesant-Spectator-911-Edition

As for me personally, I lived in Astoria, Queens, where the towers were visible, albeit across a river. I was in school when this happened, and I never actually saw the towers fall. I actually never knew about it until I got home around 11 (it was a half day for me) and when I got home, everyone was crowded around the TV, in shock, and my father was looking out the window. I'll never forget watching the whole thing unfold on tape (my mom recorded everything that was said on the news) and it was just plain scary. It's hard to believe something so tragic can happen. And then there was that attack on the Pentagon and also the crash on that field in Pennsylvania. Those are things I'll remember until the day I die.

So many lives were lost on this day, and I wish those affected (which should indeed be all of us) to move along this day by honoring the fallen, heroes and innocent victims alike. May you rest in peace.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I remember, I was sitting in my fourth grade class. A teacher had come to the door with a piece of paper, and came in and asked for my teacher to come outside. They were out there for about seven minutes, and we didn't really understand what was going on. She came back in, crying, and explained what had happened. I remember a lot of parents coming to the school to pick up their children and she turned on the TV and we spent the rest of the school day focusing on it. I took the bus home at the end of the day and went home and spent the rest of the day watching the news with my family on what had happened.

I didn't understand what was going on at the time, but I did understand that it was something that shouldn't have and I remember fearing one day that someone would come into our house and execute us. I remember fearing and having nightmares that terrorists would end up running through the streets, destroying everything, and murdering innocent lives.

Regardless of the conspiracies and beliefs people have of the event, I don't think any of us can disagree in saying that this was an act of evil and to be watching events today and recognizing just how much it has affected so many people, it's really devastating. I kind of which I was older at the time to have understood it more then.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • I remember, I was sitting in my fourth grade class. A teacher had come to the door with a piece of paper, and came in and asked for my teacher to come outside. They were out there for about seven minutes, and we didn't really understand what was going on. She came back in, crying, and explained what had happened. I remember a lot of parents coming to the school to pick up their children and she turned on the TV and we spent the rest of the school day focusing on it. I took the bus home at the end of the day and went home and spent the rest of the day watching the news with my family on what had happened.

I didn't understand what was going on at the time, but I did understand that it was something that shouldn't have and I remember fearing one day that someone would come into our house and execute us. I remember fearing and having nightmares that terrorists would end up running through the streets, destroying everything, and murdering innocent lives.

Regardless of the conspiracies and beliefs people have of the event, I don't think any of us can disagree in saying that this was an act of evil and to be watching events today and recognizing just how much it has affected so many people, it's really devastating. I kind of which I was older at the time to have understood it more then.
    That what folks got to realize. No ones trying to hurt anybodies feelings or bash anyone around. People from both ends of the spectrum mourn the 9/11 victims, so there's no reason why we'd make anything up..

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Could we please leave the conspiranoid talk for this thread? This one is to show respect to the people who died in a criminal act, not to discuss whether the planes were just a massive hallucination or stuff like that.

Thanks.

Ieyasu

This statement is false
    Years
  • We will never forget. I remember it was just like a dream when the news hit. I'll always remember the heroes that died that day.
    More like a nightmare.

I don't remember 9/11 at all, and didn't even know about it for a couple of years after. But the whole incident is perhaps the saddest thing in the world. Why anyone would do anything like that, except in open warfare, is beyond me. All they did was hijack two planes and ram them into two buildings... and kill hundreds of people in the process. If I could go back in time and change the outcome of any event that ever happened, it would be this one.

To all who died from the attacks, may you all rest in a very deep peace.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • More like a nightmare.

I don't remember 9/11 at all, and didn't even know about it for a couple of years after. But the whole incident is perhaps the saddest thing in the world. Why anyone would do anything like that, except in open warfare, is beyond me. All they did was hijack two planes and ram them into two buildings... and kill hundreds of people in the process. If I could go back in time and change the outcome of any event that ever happened, it would be this one.

To all who died from the attacks, may you all rest in a very deep peace.

Actually they hijacked 4 planes.
    3 of the planes hit their intentional targets, while the passengers aboard the 4th tried stopping the hijackers and ended up crashing.
    But, to all who died because of the events of 9/11, may you all rest in peace and never be forgotten.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't really remember much as I was 7 at the time other than being in 2 grade and seeing images of two towers collapsing in a firey explosion. Years later I learned it was caused by a group called Al qaeda and all the sadness involved with what happened that day.I hope those who lost their lives and families are resting in peace 10 long years since their lost.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I was 9 years old in 4th grade. I remember people were checking out of school like crazy, and I didn't even know what the Twin Towers were. So I really didn't understand what was happening on the news. Being me though, I just burst out with "What are the Twin Towers?" and I just so happened to say that while standing behind the one kid in my class that had been to New York and had been to the towers. He gave me the biggest death glare I have ever gotten to this day. Ooops.

But either way, it was tragic. And I can't believe it's already been 10 years. I remember when 1 year passed. Then 5. Now we're at 10. Time flies by. May all the victims RIP, and my condolences to those harmed in any way, by loss or by injury, on 9/11/01.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Nor can you believe everything you're told and or watched. That includes News on the television sets, and even when the Government tells you anything. Because, it's been proven they lie.
    NOWAI! "I am not a crook." ... This was exactly my point.

However, that site is credible, they provide lots of evidence. In which the Government did not, their official excuse was that jet fuel made the towers collapse. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. ANd people who believe that are even worse.
    I'm pretty sure that's not it either. Support beams and what not, yadda-yadda.

But I'm going to try and refrain from saying more of anything because it'll turn into a flame war, and we don't want that at all. Bottom line.
    Not true. >:}

Also, I'm sorry to cause arguments in these circumstances, but how can the world go like this?
    Easily. The world has always been, and will continue to be, ******.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back