• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    • Seen today
    I was handpicked for an alternative school program. Basically it was for kids with troubled backgrounds who weren't necessarily 'trouble makers'. Yet still carried weights such as problems with motivation, fitting in, etc.

The 'normal' highschool kids didn't like us and I had a couple of bad run ins. We didn't do anything to them. But being different can be a crime I suppose. Especially to kids.

Years
  • Old man energy? Jeez, I'm young.

😅

Enjoy it!!! Trust us pensioners, make the most of every second ☺️

I have autism too! It's nice finding other people here who have it!

*wave*

Definitely makes you feel less alone.
    I grew up in a small town. Only kid with autism, they didn't know what it was and just said I was a bad kid.

I had that too. I often think about how life might have been different if I had been diagnosed even a little earlier, or if autism was actually understood at all when I was growing up.

Years
  • I remember when my elementary school sent me to this institution three times a week to try and make me more 'normal'.
    Let's just say I initially tried to cooperate, but within a couple weeks realized they'd never be satisfied until I was fully 'like the other kids'. And I did not want to go any further than what I was at at that point.

I flat out stopped cooperating, which had them contact my parents, which had them come over and... back me up... take that institution people :sneaky:
    Never had to go there again =D

Kinda hope that sort of thing no longer happens nowadays.

Years
  • Sadly, institutions like that still exist. You get punished until you act their version of "good" which changes all the time. Good on your parents to help.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Right!! I hate this cold. And we all have the flu in this house!
    I got the flu for Christmas. Had a fever of 102, a wicked ass cough that made me cough so hard I'm surprised I didn't crack a rib and my ears felt like they were plugged up. I had to have the TV volume up to 100 just to hear it...sorta. I finally got one side to pop and now I'm waiting for the other side to pop...damn near a month later. I've had this happen before with my ears but it has only been one side and only lasts a week.

Years
  • Wishing you a speedy recovery Lucy. Good vibes your way.

Well I finally got the courage to come back here on PC. I don't know why I was so scared to come back but here I am. I think I am getting better mentally. I blame the increase in one of my psych meds. I mean, it's bad for weight and other physical stuff but I just want to be...fine. Is that so much to ask?

I had the most uneventful boring life plan meeting ever (on Valentines Day to boot). Nothing happened, but that's okay, cause I used to come out of those meetings crying. Now I don't. I was like "hey, this happened, oh well." Like I said, things are becoming okay for me.

Pokemon Day is coming up. My expectations aren't very high. Lol.

Years
  • Yeah, I'm a bit better but I still have a cough + chest pains.
    Thankfully, I got over the vomiting and fatigue.

Back