• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    obviously, she's on her way to you by train, with a shovel, to go gardening with you! =D
    The malfunctioning printer is to dispense some ink so you can make a nice welcome sign =)

Sadly no, the state of things here is bad, you can't see another doctor if you have one.

dang... so she's stuck with one that basically doesn't give a flip.... 😭

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Does he not realize there are diseases you can get despite that? Like cancer doesn't discriminate, type 1 diabetes is something you're born with. There's many illnesses and disabilities you have no control over. Taking better care of ones self won't get rid of, say, cystic fibrosis.
    He never had to deal with severe health issues and the ones he had he always got rid of. He's also heavily into doing sports. So you can imagine that he's very healthy overall. He also never bothers with problems until they come up.

Interestingly enough, before I started working there, they had another employee who had been around since the beginning. He had some insane programming skills and wrote stuff that I still don't know what they are supposed to do, despite me being around for a couple years now. On the flip side: they had severe (and I mean severe) issues both socially and other. While I've never met him, what I've gathered very much seems like he was (and still is) autistic. However, when we talk about him at work his behavior is mostly just disregarded as some sort of weird quirks.

Years
    I'd hope he'd expand his horizons then :c If one can't get the healthcare, they can't get rid of or treat their illness.

There isn't treatment for autism, it's more like you can attend skills workshops or whatever to gain skills.
    As for me, I had the stupidity of only trying to get better after COVID started, so the progress I've made is minimal if any so I'm just pushing myself rn.

EDIT: And yes, she is, she's suffering and we can't do anything. I hate seeing her in pain.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    There isn't treatment for autism, it's more like you can attend skills workshops or whatever to gain skills.
    As for me, I had the stupidity of only trying to get better after COVID started, so the progress I've made is minimal if any so I'm just pushing myself rn.

EDIT: And yes, she is, she's suffering and we can't do anything. I hate seeing her in pain.
    I think I can somewhat relate? Still don't what I have, though. But yeah, COVID around makes improvements quite a bit slow. I can reassure you, however, that you are making progress, at least in terms of how you are being perceived on PC. ^-^

First your stepfather and now your mother...nobody should be forced to having to go through these hardships. I hope things turn out well for her! <_<

Years
    Ty! I help her all I can, too, so she doesn't have to strain herself.
    But she's so stubborn. I tell her that perhaps using a cane or crutches could help and she gets upset I'd even suggest that.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Discussions at work are always a treat.

That one person: "People nowadays are a lot more stupid!"
    Literally everyone: "Yes, because <insert random anecdote>"

pkmin3033

Well, you know what they say...even if you don't neccessarily know who "they" are, or why they supposedly said it.

Years
    Ty! I help her all I can, too, so she doesn't have to strain herself.
    But she's so stubborn. I tell her that perhaps using a cane or crutches could help and she gets upset I'd even suggest that.

Been trying to type a decent reply for a bit, but I seem to be rather scatterbrained atm.
    Anyway,
    People will often not like such suggestions, as it makes them feel lesser or as admitting that they can no longer go without such aids.
    Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it till she accepts/is ready for that sort of help.

At any rate, best wishes to your mother <3

Hopefully the doctor will see the light at some point too....
    ... or perhaps some Voodoo.... =p

Years
    I keep telling her to be harsh or get the doctor to put in writing that she denied treatment so if something happens down the road, lawsuit.
    And they have to do it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Well, you know what they say...even if you don't neccessarily know who "they" are, or why they supposedly said it.
    I think it's more of a matter of how things are said. One coworker (the one in question) is basically just spending his day complaining about basically everything. Usually my boss is good at deescalating stuff like that. However, since he's on vacation, there's no stopping it.

Years
    I think it's more of a matter of how things are said. One coworker (the one in question) is basically just spending his day complaining about basically everything. Usually my boss is good at deescalating stuff like that. However, since he's on vacation, there's no stopping it.

That must be so draining but try not to let it get to you. Those are his issues and your wellbeing is more important.
    I'd just report it to your boss when he returns.

Years
    Don't suppose your allowed to put on some earphones?
    problem solved 😂

Alternatively, if you don't mind confrontation, you could just ask him to stop complaining so much. Could even ask around if anyone else is bothered by it.
    If he complains so much I guess there's no way he's not aware he's doing it, right? =p

I work outside and have very limited interaction with coworkers luckily xD
    mainly saying luckily because 1 of them tends to be whiny too...

Years
    ^ feel better <3

This is the third week I've been back in school, and I really wish my old habits of procrastination would just die the fuck down. I managed to hold up well during the first two weeks, but now this week feels a bit like a struggle ;;

Years
    Ty! the sweating and chills just tired me right out. I eventually couldn't move.
    I think it may be something I ate.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Ty! the sweating and chills just tired me right out. I eventually couldn't move.
    I think it may be something I ate.
    Something similar happened to me a couple weeks ago, except in my case all the water in my body decided to come out of all holes imaginable. A night I won't forget for quite a while. ^^"

It's an awful feeling and I hope you'll get better very soon! ^-^

Years
    Count me as a passenger on the sick train too..

I have been feeling weak, drained and run down lately. I got a vaccination for covid near the end of last month, and initially attributed my symptoms to side effects, and I think some of it was definitely that. I had muscle pain in my arm right after the shot, and as the days went by fever, chills, stomach problems, headache, fatigue, which are common side effects, and nothing necessarily to be alarmed by initially, though these symptoms seem to be lasting longer. I experienced this for about a week before it felt like I was back to normal at the beginning of this week, but Friday night/Saturday morning I started feeling messed up again, hot flashes, headache, feeling very weak, no appetite and it's been like that like that all weekend. Even the arm pain came back. What's worse is that not long after I got the vaccine I started feeling congested, sore throat, having a runny nose, coughing spells, sneezing, wheezing, numbed taste. I had hoped it might be a bad attack of allergies, but just to be certain I'm going to have a test for covid done, just in case I caught it either before or some time after my first vaccine. I typically don't get allergic reactions this severe. I feel like I have a cold/ flu. I just want to lay in bed all day, it's a struggle to find the energy to do the simplest of things like walk.

Last edited:
    Back