• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
  • Oh you mean THAT uterus monthly curse. Ugh! I'm having it now, And boy have I been there done that. Feel better fellow ladies.

Anyway, for those of you that have been keeping up with the mental health club.......yeah........it's me. I feel like posting here than there because happiness has returned to my soul. Today I went back to my old program, and we were banging the drums like we did in the old marching band (unfortunately, there won't be any gigs for at least a year and a half but hey whatever). And I said to myself.....what is this feeling.....is this happiness? IS THIS HAPPINESS?!?!! I'm SO GLAD to be behind an instrument again, even if it is a drum and not a keyboard. The class only lasted an hour, but flooded memories came back. The program anyway as I walking around it looked the same but different. Hard to explain. Some classrooms had a semi circle layout with the chairs. One classroom doubled in size because I guess government reasons. And I saw so many people I haven't seen in ages. I was so happy. So now I go there every Monday for the drum class. Viva la revolution. The Drum Corps will come back. Just you wait.

Also, I finally had a date with my boyfriend in the park. It only lasted an hour cause his dad was watching us like a hawk and wanted to leave early, but hey I got an awesome promise ring out of it. It's like granite? graphite? I don't know but it's COOL! We just sat on a bench and played with his iphone in all honesty. Nothing happened...literally. But we do zoom a lot so that's a thing.

Uh....yeah, so for those of you who are sick, feel better ok? Luv ya all. *makes a heart with hands for everyone*

Years
  • Has anyone got any father's day gift ideas?

I'm trying to figure out what to get my dad. I've done clothes, golf balls, movies and books all relatively recently, and trying to think of something fresh.

He mentioned on one point that he just wanted to spend some together after quarantine, and that if I felt like it we could take a drive through the mountains. I said sure, maybe I could cook some food and I could make a picnic out of it. The thing is the weather is not looking so good in the weeks ahead with constant storming coming up, so I'm thinking again that a material gift is needed on standby in case we have to take a rain check.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Mine asked for a vacation with the whole family this year, because we all got vaxxed and we are ready to finally see each other again. I think quality time is a better gift than an actual gift (because time with your dad is a valuable gift, tbh).

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Has anyone got any father's day gift ideas?
    Father's Day is one of these days where I feel like it's not necessarily about spending money on a gift. This may sound incredibly cliche, but: why not do something creative and personal? Like drawing a picture or folding an intriguing origami piece. You can just pour all your love into it. Even if you don't need it because your original plans worked out you can give it to him, anyway. It doesn't even matter how skilled you are at it as long as it comes from the heart. ^-^

Years
  • My father has all but admitted he favors my brother over me. I get him cards at Christmas and his birthday but that's it.

Years
  • My dad lives in the western part of the country and since I spent all last month with him, that was his father's day gift. I'm going to call him definitely on that day though.
    I'm probably going to my mom's house on father's day to spend time with my step-dad.
    *shrug*

Years
    • Seen today
    We decorated my dad's tombstone with small messages and trinkets. (For example: we set out some measuring tape because he loved to build things). Everytime we come back, we find stuff has been stolen.

Years
  • Stealing from a grave is just the lowest of low. It's obvious the person is still loved and missed and stealing things is just spitting on your family's love for your father. I'm so sorry that's happening.

Years
    • Seen today
    Sadly people just see it as free stuff, usually using the reasoning of 'this person is dead so it's not like they need it' to justify it for themselves.
    It's horrible.

Yep this is correct. I still find solace in visiting (because it's the closest I can be with my dad). So it means getting the chance to redecorate with new things. We stopped placing anything too expensive, since that often goes missing within a week. He liked gardening so we left some flowers and gardening tools. Those haven't been taken. Although we placed real flowers, and it can be hard keeping up with them.

@Sandalphon @AshKetchup, thanks for the condolences.

Years
  • That's probably best, unfortunately. People destroy graves so its sadly not a shock that they do this.
    We cremated my step father and kept the ashes.

Years
  • Yep this is correct. I still find solace in visiting (because it's the closest I can be with my dad). So it means getting the chance to redecorate with new things. We stopped placing anything too expensive, since that often goes missing within a week. He liked gardening so we left some flowers and gardening tools. Those haven't been taken. Although we placed real flowers, and it can be hard keeping up with them.

@Sandalphon @AshKetchup, thanks for the condolences.

People stealing from grave spots depresses me beyond belief. :( I'll be sure to be careful with what I place down when I visit family graves in the near future.

I've never visited my grandparents' graves since they passed away in Russia (where I'm from) and I've not been able to visit since then. But hopefully sometime in the future, pretty sure I'm the only one from my family who hasn't at least gone to see them yet. v_v

Years
    • Seen today
    People stealing from grave spots depresses me beyond belief. :( I'll be sure to be careful with what I place down when I visit family graves in the near future.

I've never visited my grandparents' graves since they passed away in Russia (where I'm from) and I've not been able to visit since then. But hopefully sometime in the future, pretty sure I'm the only one from my family who hasn't at least gone to see them yet. v_v

My condolences for your grandparents, and @Sandalphon my condolences for your step father. My first major loss was my dad, although I've lost all of my grandparents since then, with the last passing away in 2017. Despite being quite young, it was the most profound thing I've witnessed in my life. In the hospital bed, she couldn't speak anymore, eyes had shut down, and was on the brink of death. In her final moments, she grabbed our hands one by one and tightly squeezed. Her mental clarity had lived, and allowed us a comforting goodbye. @Sheep I hope you get the chance to visit in Russia. I know it must be hard being too far for a visit.

Back