• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

User Anon 1848

a good ol' fashioned DCC!

gotta love the discourse in my country <3

Years
  • Doing good ty!

I had a crazily busy week, and that's continued into today, but I'm gonna listen to some Asian music and do some poetry tonight, so hopefully I'll finally chill out a little :)

I hope you, and everyone else, is having a spectacularly good weekend :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    When voting only takes 5 minutes in total; it's the benefits of having voting day on Sunday and you get there right when the voting booths open up. Funny enough: most of the time I spend was me getting a pen. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    When voting only takes 5 minutes in total; it's the benefits of having voting day on Sunday and you get there right when the voting booths open up. Funny enough: most of the time I spend was me getting a pen. xD
    This is the case for us here also haha. Voting always is in a place very close to you, they have hundreds of places in every city I should think, and it's always on a Sunday - but also it's open the whole week before iirc so that you can really go there and vote whenever you happen to have time before the actual voting day. It's real nifty and easy to do. And all Swedish citizens are registered with the tax authorities so we're automatically in the list the poll workers at our assigned poll place have and they just tick us off in their list when we leave our ballot in the box. No registration needed; i always found that strange when americans talked about needing to register somehow or else apparently they lose their right to vote? Or don't have a right to begin with? is this really a democracy, idgi

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    i always found that strange when americans talked about needing to register somehow or else apparently they lose their right to vote? Or don't have a right to begin with? is this really a democracy, idgi
    The US isn't really a democracy, it's an imperalist plutocracy masquerading as a democracy. Gerrymandering and voter suppression have long been problems here, as neither Democrats or Republicans give a shit about anything other than remaining in power, nor do they care about anyone except the uber-wealthy. Having to register yourself to vote instead of being automatically added is just a small part of that.

Years
  • Here in the UK, we have to register in the first place, then "confirm our details" at regular intervals...

Our system is broken in so many ways that I just don't wanna go into tbh. It's a mess.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    The US Government is absolute crap. One side does something and the other side goes bat shit insane. Like no one wants to TRULY fix anything.

Years
  • I.....don't get into politics as I feel I don't know enough to do so. Plus our government is pretty messed up.

Anyway! Hi all! How we doing?

Years
  • I didn't have to register, I was just automatically sent the voter's ID. You can vote even if you don't have one if you provide ID, proof of residency and are 18+

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • We're automatically assigned an ID here since our birth is registered and automatically become elegible to vote upon turning 18

But I guess having your ID data in the state/country's database is too communist and liberty-infringing for imperialist US to deal with

Also what in the fuck has this forum turned into I don't recognise literally anything

Years
  • I had a different username last time you were here, but I recognize you!

And it's just as Nah said, their policies are there to basically make sure underprivileged people don't/can't vote. I use twitter fairly often and see things like "New [state] law requires people to jump through a hoop of fire before they can vote!"

As for me, I missed my country's federal election because I fell asleep.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Our local stores have began halloween stuff.

Many times they ignore these holidays and start with christmas. I understand why, since christmas is way more marketable.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I get tired of stores putting decorations out way to early. I want to enjoy one month and holiday at a time.

Years
  • i looked in the seasonal section at target the other day and could not believe what i saw

i love christmas but its still far too early

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I've even seen some christmas ads on TV already…… it's happening ladies

Back