• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A HUGE HG/SS QUESTION

Years
  • I actually doubt that the time machine will be used like the Pal Park
    simply because the DSi dosent have a gba-slot

If anything, im guessing that the time machine will be used to trade with D/P/Pt. Kinda like how you had to do those missions in FR/LG to trade with R/S/E. So you will probably have to fix the time machine after the E4

Im just guessing...

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • If the time machine does make a comeback, then I can't see a possible chance of seeing Pal Park in this game.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I would rather see the time machine in this remake rather than Pal Park. Pal Park seems like a D/P/P thing anyway.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't really want a Pal Park in this remake and I don't think they will put it. It's more likely they will make the pokemon catchable instead.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Pal park?
    The game dosnt really need a pal Park as it is a D/P/Pt feature.
    But maybe as rumored a "Time Machine"

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If they put these Pokemon in HG/SS, there would be no need for Pal park:

-------------------------------------------------------
    Palpark only Pokemon:
    -Bulbasaur
    -Ivysaur
    -Venusaur
    -Charmander
    -Charmeleon
    -Charizard
    -Squirtle
    -Wartortle
    -Blastoise
    -Mewtwo
    -Celebi*
    -Treeko
    -Grovyle
    -Sceptile
    -Torchic
    -Combusken
    -Blaziken
    -Mudkip
    -Marshtomp
    -Swampert
    -Latias
    -Latios
    -Kyogre
    -Groudon
    -Rayquaza

*Celebi is the only Gen 1-3 Event Legendary without a 4th Gen Event (There's already Cherish Mew, Jirachi, and Deoxys). Seeing how Celebi is a 2nd Gen Pokemon, it is likely an event will be available.

Ruby/Sapphire Dualslot Pokemon:
    -Lotad
    -Lombre
    -Ludicolo
    -Seedot
    -Nuzleaf
    -Shiftry
    -Sableye
    -Mawile
    -Zangoose
    -Seviper
    -Lunatone
    -Solrock

FR/LG/E dualslot Pokemon are Kanto/Johto Pokemon, so there's no need to list them as they're most likely available in HG/SS
    -------------------------------------------------------

If all of these are available, there will be no need for any 3rd Gen Connectivity at all. Or even using it in D/P/P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Alternatively, they might include the functionality on the off-chance they end up deciding to release Generation III on DSiware or whatever. :/ Then you could just port Pokemon in from your save file and it'd promote the DSi all at once. It's really the only thing I can think of since I can't imagine they'd include Pal Park functionality. They are trying to move people to buy their new system so it would be ridiculous to assume they'd want a feature of one of their big games rendered completely useless on their shiny (well, matte) new consoles.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
  • The way Pal Park works was stupid enough as it is. Time Capsules were good though. You could trade things back and forth.

Still, I doubt it would return.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Seeing as this game might have some DSi compatibilites, and that the DSi does not include a GBA slot, then adding a Pal Park to the new remake might not be so likely. Just because Nintendo would want their fans to buy the DSi so they can bring in more money. Having the Time Machine again, it would take a great function of it, and yeah still keep some originality for the game as well.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would like for the time machine to come back, but if not it wouldn't bother me. Although I would like it back so it'll feel more like a remake.

Like a few people said it's equivalant to Pal Park and instead of Pal Park again this might be what they'll use.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they keep the time machine, and stivk to more DSi features for the remake then no, I don't see them adding in the Pal Park again. If they did, then where would they place it, in the Sevii Islands perhaps?

Though, Nintendo is looking for more money and with the DSi out and no GBA slot, then it kind of decreases the chances of getting the Pal Park in HG/SS.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I don't think the time capsule will come back.
    I mean they're already moving on :/

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    There's a possibility, but I read what Hiroshi said earlier and he makes a really good point about it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I forget, did the previous 3rd Generation games have data for accepting Pokemon from Johto? If so, then the Time Machine might return as HeartGold/SoulSilver's version of Pal Park, only allowing for actual trading between the two Generations. As Lightning suggested, it might also be a hint towards re-releasing those GBA games as DSiWare, in which case they would also be compatible. If not, then the original Pal Park will most likely take over, probably in the same area as the Bug-Catching Contests.

edit: …hey wait, I just remembered. The point of the Time Machine not accepting Pokémon was that it could not accept Pokémon that aren't known to exist or else "the PC system would break down". Thing is, by bringing the games into the fourth generation, all 493 Pokémon should be assumed to be known through at least some of the regions, no?

Remember, though, that the determination is made based upon the older of the two connecting Generations. So, if the feature is indeed added in for connecting to the GBA games, then that reasoning can still be excused as keeping 4th Generation Pokemon and moves away from 3rd Generation games.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well maybe they will just bring the Time Machine back in the G/S remake instead of Pal Park. The time machine would also be more of the remake than Pal Park.

Years
  • I don't think the Time Machine will make a comeback. The only reason it was needed in G2 was because G2 technically took place 3 years after G1, so they wanted to make it possible to trade with G1. HGSS is supposed to be taking place concurrently with DPPt, right? There would be no need for a time machine to trade with someone in the same time period as you, and the only games that aren't in the same time period aren't able to be "traded" to G4 anyway.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The post above lists a noticable fact. I mean there is no Pokémon game currently for the DS that takes place 3 years before or after the Johto now like there was before. So, either they create something new to replace it just to keep away the Pal Park, or...They add the Pal Park in HGSS as well.

Back