• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola Forms

Years
  • I don't know why that riddler would think Fearow won't get an Alola Form. It's got no post-1st Gen final stage or Mega, which is usually what I take into account to rule out an Alola Form.

Starmie having an Alola Form wouldn't make any sense anyway, since I can't imagine what alternate design would work for it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I don't know why that riddler would think Fearow won't get an Alola Form. It's got no post-1st Gen final stage or Mega, which is usually what I take into account to rule out an Alola Form.

I think it's because we've seen a Fearow in its regular form from one of the previous trailers.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I don't really think this is surprising; most Alolan Forms and Mega Evolutions were given to Pokémon that lack a third evolutionary stage. Still, it's nice to have a list of what we can hope for. I suppose I've given up on the dream of non-Kanto Alolan Forms at this point. You know what on that list would be cool? Alolan Starmie.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If you looked at every revealed alolan pokemon so far you will notice a pattern. Every Alolan pokemon with the exception of Raichu are all two stage pokemon. Even Raichu can be argued for that he is a two stage pokemon if you only consider the Kanto (gen 1) pokemon. The reveal of Alolan Grimer just helps solidify this argument even further. So far we haven't seen any three stage all Kanto native pokemon get an Alolan form. I've made a list with potential alolan pokemon, wether it be the final evolution only or the full evolution stage, that meet the requirements under these conditions. This is heavy speculations ofcourse:

Hey there! I went ahead and merged your thread with this one as we already have a discussion regarding Alola forms.

Years
  • One thing we have to keep an eye on in upcoming trailers is if a Pokemon on the suspect list is shown in regular form in a trailer because if it is, it's likely ruled out from getting an Alola Form.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm wondering if Scyther going to receive an Alolan form .
    I really like to see an Alolan Scizor that can actually FLY.

Does this mean Gen II and III pokemon will get Alolan form ?

I think it just means that Pokemon we've seen a while ago. But hmm, I'm not sure. I guess it makes sense to focus on gen 1 Pokemon with all the hype, and that Alolan forms for other Pokemon are just going to have to be found in the game.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There's nothing stopping them from continuing the form trend for future games. I wouldn't be surprised if in the Sinnoh remakes we got Sinnoh variants or something along those lines. That way it wouldn't restrict them to just Kanto Pokemon and they could still make an additional storyline as to how they came about.

Years
  • It'll definitely be interesting to see whether more forms are made after Sun and Moon, at this rate it looks like we'll only get Alolan forms for Kanto Pokemon so I really wonder whether Game Freak will want to re-imagine Pokemon for every new game.

Years
  • Like Angelica and Luna said, it's very much safely assumed that Alola Forms will be for 1st Gen Pokemon only. It kinda makes sense when you consider this year as Pokemon's 20th anniversary and these forms as an attempt to get people who have fallen out of favour over the years back into the games.

Hopefully we get a similar idea used for future games, so that more Pokemon can get revamps of their own.

Years
  • I would like to see some new haircuts for furrfrou and possible new forms of Gastrodon.

Suggested Furrfrou Cuts:
    Mermaid (Fur shaped like a tail, crusted with scale like diamonds. Flowy hair)
    Pirate (Eye-patch, captains hat, Jacket with coat tails)
    Luao (Decorated with colorful florals ad skirt)
    Rainbow (Fur shaped like clouds with rainbow tassels).
    Goddess (Fur cut like a Grecian toga/dress, jeweled gold
    Carnival ( Fur cut like a lion's mane and a red spherical nose) -

Gastrodon - East/West/South/North (1 per island)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well , Now I know that there will not be any Alolan Scyther.
    I just hope that there will be an Alolan Scizor.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • C'mon, Pokémon company. You give Muk and Grimer both an underwhelming Alolan form, but still no love for li'l Cubone (when you already gave Marowak a cool one)? You'd think Cubone would be easily enough to palette swap like its Alolan Marowak counterpart.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well.... the next Alolan Form, I am more so confused than I am annoyed.

Spoiler:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well.... the next Alolan Form, I am more so confused than I am annoyed.

Spoiler:

I find it hilarious. It was shown by the water so I wonder if it might be Ground/Water.

Back