• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone here play any music instruments?

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I played violin for a good 5-6 years and drums for about 3. I also played a bit of recorder and guitar in between but could never get used to them. :\

I really wanna learn how to play the piano though. *w*

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
    Well I am mainly a singer and was in the Australian Boys Choir and the school Choir for about 6 years now.
    But I have also played;
    Keyboard - 1 year
    Trumpet - 1, 1/2 years
    Trombone - 2 years
    Piano - 30 minutes (I had one lesson but decided it wasn't worth it considering I self taught myself a few songs including Tetris Theme, Pirates of the Caribbean Theme, Crazy Frog)

I want to learn possibly guitar of some sort to accompany my singing.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    I can play multiple types of woodwind instruments, but my specialty is the alto saxophone.
    I've been playing since I was in the 7th grade... so that's about 6 years...
    I don't think i'll go pro... I just play for fun.
    I was in band for 4 years before high school, so that's where I learned the basics, but I just improvise mostly now that I just play in my spare time. I buy the occasional song book, but playing some jazz and improvising while i play is better than just reading music off of a page.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2008
    I've been playing bass for roundabout 9 years now and it's my most proficient and favourite.
    I dabble around making electronic music with FruityLoops, too! I'm on myspace under the name synthisized sleep. (i would post a link but i'm a new member so i can't yet)
    I've been playing the trumpet for about 10-11 years, although I've been out of practice since I graduated high school.
    I've been making music with my gameboy camera, too! I'm on myspace under the name chip.sleep (again, I'm a new member so I can't post links yet). I've just started this, though, so I'm not the best yet.

I'm VERY interested in all types of music, although electronica is my favourite. Any band that exhibits talent in what they do interest me.

I'm so happy to see this thread! :)

PikachuEX

A Rare Pikachu Lover
    Years
    I play the clarinet in Middle School Band, but I only started this school year. I'm only a sixth grader. If you consider the squeaky recorder an instrument, I played that for two years in fourth and fifth grade for music class. I want to learn how to play the piano.

Cid

Years
    Well, I know how to play the guitar, drums and piano.

I've played the guitar for maybe 2 years? I started to play the drums 7 months ago. And I've played the piano for 5 years already.

Though usually, I'm not much of an instrument playing guy and prefer to listen instead.

dylandutra

Cap'n Jazz
    Years
    I've been playing guitar and bass guitar for around 5 years now but I'm nowhere near as good as I should be...

I've always wanted to learn piano.

Yeah I've been playing guitar for over 3 years but never practice, so I'm probably not where I should be as far as technique. As far as theory and composition goes, I'm way ahead, so that's cool.

Tomothy

You lookin' at meh?
    Years
    I can play:
    -Mainly, Clarinet. Played the Clarinet for 3 years, and I'm on grade 2 (going on grade 3 in November)

-And a bit of Piano (for music lessons in my school)

Chairzard

Professor oak finished chair
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2008
    I play musical chairs
    Learned how to in the 4th grade
    I might go pro
    I dunno if school counts as lessons

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Aha! I love music. Maybe I don't play as many instruments as Hazuki, but I do play:

1) Drums
    2) Guitar
    3) Piano
    4) Tenor Sax
    5) Alto Sax (I guess both the Saxes would count as one?)
    6) Xylophone
    7) Trumpet (<-- just started recently)

Except for the Trumpet and Xylophone, I'm really good at all of them (if I do say so myself xD)
    My goal in life is to open up my own recording studio, so I gotta know my notes!

I'm into digital music too; ever heard of Fruit Loops? Yeah, I use that, too. xD I also use CEP v2 to make some pretty cool hip hop/rap beats.

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
    Can't wait to start taking-up bass, gotta wait til' this Friday though, gotta finish a big school project.

Anyone here play any music instruments?

That thing is just BEGGING to be played, damnit!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    not to brag, but i play a mean trumpet. im a freshman and im 3rd chair in the junior/senior band. WOOT!

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I've played the keyboard for 1 year. I'm planning to go pro. I actuly haave a band WHOO.anyone who has a keyboard/paino teaches me

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've been playing classical guitar for about three years. So far I've had three exams and I've got 89%, 86% and 74% in order of my oldest exams to newest. Hey, it's not my fault they get harder along the way.

MOON~DANCER

All I've got is insane.
    Years
    I dont know if I already posted, But I play, Guitar, Bass, Piano, Drums, Harmonicas, French Horn, I can play a bit of Saxophone, and others.. Including a recorder..haha

I play Guitar, Bass, and Piano mostly.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I play piano. Yezz. I play another instrument too, and I'm capable of playing many, but piano is my favorite now so I'll only mention it :]

Back