• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone here play any music instruments?

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
    Years
    I can play the piano. BEAUTIFULLY.
    Not that I'm here to show off, but it is one of the few things that I'm proud of myself.
    Also, since our voice is a instrument too, I play it x]]
    For 5 years.
    AND I DON'T LIKE IT.
    Piano is waaaaay much better u.ú

Seniwac

AMAZING
    Years
    well, the only instruments i play now are the french horn and the piano

in fact, i'm playing a piano concert this weekend!

wish me luck~

TheFire's[Inside]

Too. Damn. Smexy.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    G'luck.

I hate the viola.
    Drooped it. Took it for credits. >> Still first chair.

I wanna learn Bass guitar, ftw. FTW.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
    My main instrument is guitar. I play a Strat, but I really want the Schuldiner Tribute Stealth. I guess you can say I'm moderately skilled - I can play alot of pretty technical **** when I get going, and I know how to read music, but I'm simply not a good improviser. Given time I can come up with cool riffs and all - and I intend to make that into a living. I'm just a solo learner.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Wowee, loadsa peeps have much talent!

I play guitar, but not to any great level because I'm mostly a singer songwriter guitarist who is lazy :P Been playing guitar seriously for about a year to two years now, and yes I suck at anything but my own thing lol I had a few lessons earlier this year but had get some coursework done.

So right now I'm just doing my own thing like I say. Many people say that I should have a right big ego off what I can do, when really I don't see it as great. It's only a whisker of what I want to achieve so I don't rate it highly. I have a music myspace, y'all can have a see if you want. But I'll have to message it you, so let me know if you want to check it out... ;)

It is a dream of mine to become a proffessional musician, though I'd probably be considered more of an artist due to my lack of musical theory mind :knockedou I would one day like to be famous in a band. For me I see it that I will improve greatly once I'm in a band and I'll also eventually develop as I need to play what I wish. One day I'm actually going to get off my numb ass and do something about it...!

One thing I suck at; I'm terrible at power chords! I'm thinking maybe I should play them as if I was playing a barr chord but play the required strings... it would sure improve my barr chord playing also. Neat!

Years
    I play the following instruments
    Guitar- 2 1/2 years Taught by Clay Ray
    Violin- 10 months Taught by strings teacher
    Piano- Self Taught
    vocals- 6 years Self taught/ taught in various programs

I can play the following songs on guitar
    Smoke on the Water
    Yellow Submarine by The Beatles
    She loves You by The Beatles
    Please Please me by The Beatles
    I am the Walrus by The Beatles
    Hey Jude by The Beatles
    Speed Racer theme
    Fat by Weird Al
    Eat It by Weird Al
    Inspector Gadget theme
    MST3K theme
    SMB theme
    Brick in the Wall by Pimk Flyod
    Hit me With your Best Shot

I've written the following songs

Tubby Cat
    Pokemon Hanover Theme
    I'm still Suck in the Drive-Thru (parody of Take me out to the Ball Game)
    and more

I plan to play guitar as a living

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I played Violin for 2 years, clarinet for 9 years, tenor sax for 4 years, and drums for about a year now. I can play a little flute and piccolo, but I have studied it.
    I catch on pretty fast, and was top chair clarinet for years and top tenor in jazz band. I solo learned flute, and I'm solo learning drumset, though I was taught concert and marching drums. But the rest was classes and lessons.
    I also do colorguard in the marching band have been doing it for 7 years. I love it. I also dance. I love anything that has to do with music, though I don't think that I could ever be a music major.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    I play the trombone, have been for 3 years.
    I used to be able to play the piano, but my piano teacher quit piano-ing, so the trombone is now my one true love. XD
    I'm not all that great at piano anymore, and all I can play is funkytown and a couple others.

Does FL Studio or Finale count?
    I do a bit of composing, but that's a different topic.

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    I started playin guitar(acoustic) 6 weeks ago nd i can play a bit of Green Day,Simple Plan,Yellowcard...

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    lol guitar hero count? lol jk I play acoustic guitar for a while about a year. I've been teaching myself then my brothers friend began helping me, then he moved to Washington, so I've kinda been teaching myself for a bit.

I used to play flute when I lived in NY, and when I was in 4th grade, I was lucky enough to get chosen to play drums. Worst band concert of my life! The other 2 drum players got sick so i had to learn how to play their drums PLUS play my own!! lol

Saruboy

Closet pokemon fan
    Years
    Yeah, I've been playing piano for over 15 years. I also sing. I can also beatbox pretty good, which is weird because I'm as painfully white as they come.....

I haven't had a lot of bands, but I recently formed a black metal band, which hopefully is going to gig around Halloween, which would be hella cool.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    I play bass guitar. It's simply awesome. I've been playing longer than I can remember, but I'm pretty good. I mostly play metal on bass, sometimes some funk.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    I used to play the saxophone since I was .. 10 ? 8D
    But this year, I'm going to learn how to play the piano, it seems like fun to me ^^.

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
    Hmm. Well, my Dad is teaching my guitar. I've only been playing for about a month or so. I'm learning mainly for fun. I'm starting with acoustic, then moving to electric. >D

Years
    I can play Violin, Drums <3, Guitar, & I've picked up Bass for a little bit on my fiance's old Ibanez.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    Yeah... I'm going to Calarts as a music major. I tried out for clarinet, because it's may best instrument. I like to play Jazz, funk, classical, and pretty much anything. If it's like a simple tune that I hear on my Ipod, or radio, I can play it on my instrument. YA so I've been in all of the bands at my high school. WOOOO bandos... :)

Anyways here's list of the instruments that I play

Clarinet: 7 years
    Alto Sax: 4 years
    Tenor Sax: 2 years
    Baritone:1 year
    Bass Clarinet:1 year
    Piano: 2 years

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I play violin >_>, piano and I sing.