• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a big drinker?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't drink, not because I have any moral qualms with it, but because I don't like the taste of alcohol. Simple as that. Oddly enough, if I must drink anything I'd prefer it to be strong. Dunno why; I guess the warming feeling and the way it hits like a breathful of chlorine deadens one's sense of taste for the moment. I've been meaning to try mead for a long time now (it's made of honey so it might actually be nice, one never knows), but haven't come across any.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I like the taste of most beer, but I don't usually drink. It's just an unnecessary expense to me. I'll get a drink if I'm out for the night with someone and actually am craving a drink, but I'm trying to become more and more frugal and alcohol isn't something I really consider when I think of things I need to buy.

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
  • After I turned 21 I started drinking more often but smaller amounts, as opposed to before 21 when I drank occasionally but usually drank a lot at a time.

Can't pass up $1 whiskey cokes on Saturdays though, I just bring $10 and get a pretty good buzz. Employee discounts help out too, $3.50 for a pint of cider is where it's at.

Years
  • I'm definitely not keen on alcohol at all, but that didn't stop my mother from almost trying to make me drink it. Thank god I refused because I heard how bad you can get from getting drunk and seriously a hangover would be a bad image for me.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I drink from time to time, but.. only in moderation. But these days? I guess it's been rare for me to do so, haha. Not that I don't like the taste of alcohol, it's just, I haven't really found the 'right' alcohol, y'know? They always taste so.. plain and predictable, for me. If that makes any sense. Usually I drink with friends whenever we finish like, a huuuuge project, or if we have more than enough time to relax without anything to worry about? Y'know, the responsible periods~ ouo

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Before and after my 21st birthday, I was a hugeee drinker. It got to the point where on my days off from work, I would drink a 5th of Southern Comfort a day. I called it, "Three Fifths for Three Days". On my birthday 3 days ago, I got reallllly smashed- I danced with this girl in front of her boyfriend quite sexually :P

I recently made the decision to quit drinking to get drunk- now I can enjoy a beer without the intent of drinking more, I can just enjoy it while watching a game, or out at dinner. However, I do still plan on going out to the bars here and there so I can dance- those nights, I'll go hard AND go home. ;)

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Didn't I answer this already? I don't drink too often, but I have a good armful of the stuff in my cabinets:

-Smirnoff Vodka
    -Romania Sambuca both regular and Black
    -Bombay S. Gin
    -A crate of various dark brews
    -Six bottles of wine
    -a small bottle of peppermint Schnapps (no clue)
    -Barcardi Gold Rum
    -Jose Cuarve Silver
    -a bottle of Sake.
    -Two bottles of Noilly Prat vermouth

And probably some other stuff I have laying about somewhere. It goes, sip by sip. I'm not too much a fan of the beer but it's good to have when the buddies come over.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Not a big drinker, but a daily one. Raki, Vodka, and a Rum and Coke if I'm feeling fancy are usually my go to drinks, with conspicuous amounts of Wine and Beer in between. God knows how much I've consumed working in a Kitchen.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    On my birthday 3 days ago, I got reallllly smashed

I recently made the decision to quit drinking to get drunk

So you quit two days ago?

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I don't really drink at all. Nor am I interested in it. To me, it seems like a pointless activity to intentionally lower your inhibitions using what is essentially a drug. The only context I understand it is in the context of depression. Otherwise, doing it for fun is something that doesn't make sense to me. But other people are kind of weird to me, so whatever floats their boat, I suppose.

Also, I take a few medications regularly, so I'd really rather not try and see what disastrous concoction that would result in.

Tek

Years
  • I see I'm in the minority here. I drink at least a couple beers/mixed drinks most nights, and get hammered with friends most weekends. It's a habit, for sure. I've been this way for a few years, though the amounts I drink are less now.

It's generally not a problem aside from cumulative effects on my organs (brain, stomach, liver) that are most likely occurring. And of course, there's always the risk of 'chasing the buzz' instead of being content with the current level of stupor.

I've recently cut smoking out of my life to a large degree, for various reasons. I have a feeling I may do the same with booze in time.

Years
  • I drink on occasion. And by on occasion, it's usually at home on a Friday/Saturday night and I'm super bored. It's not every weekend, maybe once a month, if that.

My problem is when I start drinking, I don't want to stop. Drunk me thinks I'm not drunk enough, and the alcohol hadn't had time to hit me. I got blackout drunk at home sometime in November, I think? Yeah. Not repeating that experience.

Since then, I've only had Woodchuck at home. I'm not bringing home any hard liquor for mixed drinks anytime soon, if ever. The best way to control myself if no one is around is to keep it a low APV and something already pre-mixed. I got drunk at home last week and it was nowhere near as bad. Plus no hangover in the morning!

Out with other people, it's 10x easier to drink in moderation as long as I don't pre-game too hard. I also don't drink with other people often. I'm a homebody, and drinking out at the bars is kind of expensive.

As for what I drink: hard cider (usually Raspberry Woodchuck), sometime wine (bubbly please!). If I mix, I like screwdrivers, fuzzy navels, and whatever vodka + lemonade is. For awhile I did cherry vodka and lemonade. Don't ask me why, it's not super good. *shrugs*

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    So you quit two days ago?

Yes, it was a very easy choice to do. I couldn't ever drink without the intent of getting hammered, and it even got to the point where I was proud to call myself an alcoholic, I thought I was the life of the party. The errors of my ways made it a very easy decision to choose sobriety, and now I'm ready to live a happy, clean life where I don't have to be toilet-hugging drunk in order to enjoy myself :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    future alcoholic reporting for duty
    I don't see myself as a big drinker, when I get a bottle of wine or something I usually finish it over the course of a week usually. Sometimes two glasses at night. But that's when I need it after a shitty day.

Years
  • I usually don't drink because there's usually nothing to drink around here, sadly enough. That said, even if I do have access to anything alcoholic, I'm not going to drink too much of it. Maybe a small glass or two. Just enough to start feeling relaxed.

I prefer the fruitier wine cooler-type drinks, although I discovered fireball whiskey last time I was at my parents' place, mmm.

I don't even remember when I started trying out drinks, and I certainly don't mind if other people are drinking (as long as they're not drinking enough to get drunk to the point of being annoying).

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I usually don't drink because there's usually nothing to drink around here, sadly enough. That said, even if I do have access to anything alcoholic, I'm not going to drink too much of it. Maybe a small glass or two. Just enough to start feeling relaxed.

I prefer the fruitier wine cooler-type drinks, although I discovered fireball whiskey last time I was at my parents' place, mmm.

I don't even remember when I started trying out drinks, and I certainly don't mind if other people are drinking (as long as they're not drinking enough to get drunk to the point of being annoying).

Fireball was my drink there for a little while! I just loved whiskey in general, but my top2 were Southern Comfort and Fireball. The only bad thing about Fireball was that it would give me killer hangovers, I would drink so much cause of how good it tasted. Definitely don't miss the Fireball hangover!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    My sister just got out of the hospital for being in a car crush. The car rolled 3 times and she flew through the windshield. She cut an artery and has a sprained neck, back and other things. It could have been much much much worse. Please--as a reminder to everyone DO NOT drink and drive, DO NOT get in a vehicle where the driver is drinking drive and ALWAYS wear a seatbelt.

Drinking is perfectly okay if you do it responibly, but you should never get behind the wheel of a car if you have been drinking. Not only is illegal, its dangerous--and not just to you. If you're going out to have fun, please designate a sober driver.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I used to be a cray partying alcohead at uni. Over the last year I have realized, at last, what a huge idiot I am when drunk, so I make sure to not get overly deunk these days. I love the taste of red wine after a long day at work, or together with some nice food. I also love a bit of whiskey in the evening or with friends, and I absolutely adore many kinds of really good beer and often buy expensive ones even for parties.

But I keep myself from getting thoroughly drunk. The worst thing I know, the absolutely worst thing, is getting memory losses, and that has happened too many times now. I sometimes even have nightmares about it. The fear of becoming a complete idiot and forget again, is stronger than the fun of the drunk buzz. I guess I should be lucky I didn't have to go through worse things than that to make me realize that.

To summarize, I love several kinds of alcoholic beverages, but not for the alcohol.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • My favorite adult beverages are beer (the darker, the better), Whiskey (Fireball is my favorite), and rum (Sailer Jerry is the best omg). I really can hold my alcohol pretty well too...though like everyone else has said, moderation is the key.

I drink socially...maybe one night every 2-3 weeks, I'll go hit up the bar with a few friends. The alcohol loosens me up and makes me not-so-timid, so I can actually be confident around the opposite sex.

It'll probably only happen once every 3-6 months that I'll lose control and end up completely shitfaced where I'd have to either spend the night at someone's house or get someone to drive my car home for me.

If I ever drink alone, it's at home after a particularly rough or stressful day, and one or two drinks at the most right before bedtime...just barely enough to feel a buzz.

Last edited:
    Back