• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 3] Aron the World part 1: Hoenn Throw Down -- Emerald

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
Years
  • Chapter 9 - Grave Con '23

f32yQQd.png

Forgot to take my pre-chapter stats. Job, use CUT for no reason!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Couple of spoilers if you want them:
    Spoiler:

You're waaayyy ahead of me again now, I haven't played in a few days - doing co-op stuff on Switch games instead - but you're really tempting me to tear up my teambuilding plan and add an Aron. Its so cute!

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Feedback: I'll refrain from spoilers now seeing as this is the part of the playthrough I will go unaided until I reach Champion. Thanks for the continued support of my journal! It'd be an honour to include an Aron in there but it's entirely up to you. I found mine to stand up to its own very well, for about 95% of the time so far.

Hello, weekend

Chapter 10 - Agent 304

xn6qWeh.png

We last left our heroes on Route 123 following the hot tracks of Team Magma as they took off with one of the orbs stolen from Mt. Pyre. How did it go?

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 11 - Angry Monsters

aRHAxHz.png

I have the Dive HM but no means to use it on my party. What to do, what to do...? Right. One thing for it - I needed another buddy to use it for me. Making use of the Good Rod I got a long way back and some water in Petalburg City, I had just the Pokémon in mind. Based on my pre-planning for this challenge, I needed a...

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh you're in simultaneously the best worst part of the game, imo. I absolutely love the Dive areas - so chill - but even I, a Gen III baby, have to admit there's maybe too much on the surface

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • FEEDBACK TIME: as for this part of the game being the best/worst part ever, I've had no strong opinions towards it. I mean, if anyone had complained about the land count - being the land dwelling creatures we are - then Hoenn would've turn into Waterworld by now:

3YxG0eI.png

Chapter 12 - Not Enough Strong

TvPE0Bf.png

And so ends one share of action - onto the next one! Rayquaza's arrival and resolve of the legendary Pokémon saw leaders of Team Aqua and Magma leave the site with their tails between their legs and returning the orbs to Mt. Pyre. Let's see if they actually did that.

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Before I reveal this chapter, here's something I want to share. Not being satisfied with any spreadsheets I was looking for online for tracking my solo challenge led me to make one myself. It's limited and, dare I say primitive, compared to the polished sheets I passed over and it focuses only on Hoenn in gens 3 and 6 but for now, it tells me enough of what Pokémon I need to beat on Emerald before starting over on another Gen 3 title. I'm going to guess Kanto will be next after this and skip Ruby/Sapphire as it will feel like retreading the same steps as Emerald, only for that starter and one of the Eon Twins. I did my research.

Spoiler:

Chapter 13 - Birth of a Legend Hunter

K4eWMZ3.png

We last left off the chapter learning my final HM Flash for Guffin the Castform at Granite Cave. Not yet ready to explore the Victory Road, I took a detour looking for bigger fish to fry - lacking an appropriate expression. So, off to Waterworld!

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 14 - Da doo ron-ron-ron, Da doo ron-ron

That is the sound a singing Aron makes.

2TDv52d.png

The Pokémon League was in sight, I could almost taste it. Conversely, I haven't lost sight on the real purpose of this challenge to defeat every Pokémon species with a solo team in my first ever playthrough of Emerald, so the next logical step was to take on the Titans following Rayquaza's defeat at the hands of one Aron. Even if I had to include two voluntary witnesses to the fray - the next task.

Oh, let's get to the point. I need a Relicanth and a Wailord, found respectively in Routes 124/125 (underwater) and Route 129.

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 15 - The Lead-Headed League

4vmAVMB.png
    Meanwhile, in Victory Road...

8jKMelm.png
    1N0h58b.png

A grinding session helped my Solo reach level 98. Why not 100? The suspence...

LTM6KMX.png
    Lairon: Scram!

Here's something that I did in preperation for the League. I actually took on the Elite Four and the Champion a week earlier behind the scenes, and won after 5 tries. This was done to take notes of the opponent's teams and their levels. As I congratulated myself with an earl grey tea, my conscience ebbed in to tell it like it was: "nice work, SteC. Now do it again with one Pokémon. ONE. You know who." I knew then that my team of HM buddies weren't going to cut it for my personal goal otherwise they will take the undeserving credit in the Hall of Fame only for reviving Solo. That's not what I am going to show you. This is a series of battles that only Aron can do alone, and with this battle plan in mind, I am ready to face the League.

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 16 - The Species List

lCn1loV.png

The last chapter saw me and Solo take over the League, the Champion, and the former Champion in a high profile series of battles to show the region who's #1. What some of you call the 'postgame' is what I call 'winding down' in my goal of beating all the Pokémon species with my sole partner. It sounds like I did most of the work getting to the postgame, which is certainly true, but believe me when I say it's a different kind of work in a progressively harder sort of way. By the end of this travel log, you'll understand what I mean.

MlFUSWF.png
    No more gloating, let's get back to work.

The fearsome Seviper building above meant one thing - I returned to the Battle Frontier to mark off some fairly elusive Pokémon in this run, and then some.

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 17 - Game B for 'Battle'

lCn1loV.png

This is a short part that happened between the playthrough on the previous chapter. Most importantly, it also details the moment that made me rewrite the rulebook on my challenge.

Remember the bit about me hanging around the Battle Frontier to find Sudowoodo and friends? It was that moment when I tried out a couple of facilities for curiosity's sake. I chose the Battle Tower first because a guy with glasses told me to.

Spoiler:

Days
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    This might be my favorite thing that I've found on the entire site so far. You my friend are way too dang funny! I've only read through chapter one so far (as well as the latest chapter because I was curious hehe) but I'm definitely going to be going through the whole thing! I love the way you have aron talk smack about every pokemon he faces lmao. My favorite line so far is, "You blend in nicely in the foliage where no one will notice your shameful face" poor treecko...

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 18 - Beebies and Rock-Head

xxhGDND.png

Hot off the heels of knocking out Latias, two goals were on my mind. If I want to include the Battle Frontier as part of my 'gotta beat 'em all' challenge, then I need to do it right. At the same time, I still had many more Pokémon left unchecked in Hoenn. This was where the Match Call system on the Pokénav came in handy. First, some feedback for Romhack Gaming ~

It's been a fun series - well, the first of many more to come - and allows me to pay homage to my favourite guy and many of its friends from the generation I overlooked. The insults are meant in jest and are not taken too seriously, with some minor exceptions if one can read between the lines.

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 19 - Four Moves of Doom

UxZp9wg.png
    VBHOTKA.png

Thank you, thank you very much.

This was the moment I've been training up towards. Trying out all seven features of the Battle Frontier to plan my next moves to 'beat 'em all' with Aron. More than one Aron, mind you. What I've done here was I attempted one run at each place; the Tower, Dome, Pike, Palace, Arena, Pyramid and Factory with my team of three. The first three buildings were logged last Sunday while the rest were done on Friday on my week off from work in the summer holidays. Hence this will be shown in seven mini-parts to keep you amused as of today, I will be taking a three day vacation to Mie until Wednesday. For some reason I like saying 'day.'

Open the spoiler to see its full contents. :>

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Favorite insult from chapter 2, "So your skill is teleporting? Mine is hitting you very hard." I can tell you love aron the most but do you also like his evolutions?

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 20 - Dandy Beatings

Feedback time for Romhack Gaming. Glad to know you're enjoying the series and thank you very much for the question. I love Aron's evolutions equally and I'd have liked to use them in this challenge. I don't think it's so bad now that I'm in the postgame, but the reliance on HM 'buddies' and keeping a low Dex count prevented me from using Lairon and Aggron to assist Aron. In fact I never thought about them until you mentioned it.

xRDaOVA.png

Well, look-ie here, I DO have a save state from the Pokémon League. I would have to pick the blue orb this time... which I didn't do immediately, because if I did, you'd be reading something like 'Foe LATIOS fainted!' by now. No, my friends, this will have to happen another time. Let's hope that load slot will still be there in XX weeks time. Looking back on my victorious run in the Battle Frontier, I made a point to get through the Battle Arena some more with the naive feeling that I could pick up some easy wins while taking names of the unbeaten Pokémon.

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 21? - Stuck at the Crossroads

Yes, you've read the title right. This is no ordinary chapter as you'll find out below.

I'm clearly stuck on the remaining part of my solo challenge with Aron. Looking back at the previous 2 chapters will give you an idea of what I've been working up til now. If, on the other hand, you took a wild guess and screamed 'BATTLE FRONTIER' at the top of your lungs, then you're correct and can relate to the headaches I've been having with the breeding and competing mechanics which I had no choice but to dive in deep with all its intricities.

Deep breath

So... as this series based challenge has been my big pet project on the forum, the Emerald Battle Frontier to beat the remaining 30 Hoenn Pokémon with my solo runs the risk of becoming yet another pet project, and a timely one at that. Two months since the last post and I have recently dove back in to breeding a handful of the best teams for the job including Aron (best IVs) and currently Bagon (not perfect yet), and... what can I say? It's quite a slog, and I hate to keep everybody including myself waiting for the next installment on the same game or on another system.

Here's the deal. I want to let the community decide wether I should continue with the Emerald BF training above, or begin my next game for the Aron vs The World challenge on FireRed/LeafGreen while keeping Emerald open on the interim. I have reasons for this;

• I don't wish to abandon Emerald over the BF as I will make a commitment to breed and battle as I have done this week
    • FireRed/LeafGreen don't have a Battle Frontier to invest 20 years to *lol*
    • It gives me something to do around the winter holidays.

Over to you, PokéCommunity. I'd like to know what you think of my next step forward. It's a great reason to be trying things out and I refuse to let it fade away.

Back