• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (IC)

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Route 4
The Slow Pokémon Strikes Back!

As the wild Slowpoke's health was sapped by Leech Seed, Harley felt a certain energy boost, as a regular human after a cup of coffee in the morning. His blue-haired trainer told him to use Vine Whip, however, the wild opponent counterattacked with a Yawn. As silly as that may have sounded, after the Slowpoke yawned a big pink bubble came out of its mouth and burst upon touching Harley's Vine Whips. That feeling of replenished energy was replaced by drowsiness. Danica Chandler knew that she had to attack before Harley would fall asleep. Since the physical move was interrupted, Danica had to try with a more ranged alternative: Razor Leaf.

"Harley, use Razor Leaf!"

With a yawn the goat-like Pokémon fired a barrage of sharp leaves at his pink opponent, apparently hurting it pretty badly due to the type disadvantage. The wild Slowpoke retaliated with a move that Danica was familiar with, given that she had used it before: Confusion. The goat-like Pokémon was slightly hurled backwards with a slight dizziness temporarily overcoming his body. Danica tried shouting out another command, however, her Pokémon could not take it anymore and fell asleep. The wild Slowpoke used Tackle, however, with more energy being drained because of Leech Seed, it appared to have dealt little damage.

"Harley, wake up! Use Razor Leaf again!"

But it was in vain. Harley was fast asleep. The wild Slowpoke attacked again with Confusion, and this time it appeared to have dealt considerable damage. Danica had to think, how could she get Harley to attack the wild Pokémon without Sleep Talk at his disposal and without an Awakening or Full Heal with her? Note to self: buy more status healers. I think that if I strike once more, maybe I can catch that Slowpoke. But if Harley's out of commission, I won't have any Pokémon to fight back!

Pretty much the same thing happened again: Danica told Harley to use Razor Leaf, Harley was fast asleep, and Slowpoke attacked with Tackle instead of Confusion. It's no good! I have to try to catch it now! I believe Leech Seed has drained quite a lot of energy from it, right? she thought as she reached for a Pokéball, Well, here goes nothing! She hurled the Pokéball at the dopey foe, who didn't even notice as she was hit by the device and sent inside. The ball began to shake, and shake, and shake. And Danica could do nothing but wait for a click that would signal not only a successful capture, but also moving on to Cerulean City at last!

Last edited:

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Capri
077MS.png
315MS.png

"I'm about to Brock your world!"

The outside appearance of the Pewter City Gym was phenomenal. It appeared that the entire building was made out of rock. The words "Pewter City Gym" were engraved at the top right corner of the structure. Capri took a deep breathe and began to make her way through the entrance of the gym. She could just feel the Butterfree fluttering around in her stomach, but she still managed to have a huge grin on her face even though she was completely overwhelmed!

"Hiya!" A slim man waved at Capri as she entered the building. He was wearing a white collared shirt layered with a green button up blazer with a pair of matching dress pants.

"Howdy!" Capri waved back cheerfully. "This is my first gym battle!"

"Oh it is? Well, I can tell you one thing. You sure look like a Pokemon champ to me!" The man's enthusiasm was contagious.

Capri blush. "Oh, well I am working hard to become one! That's for sure!"

Capri noticed Brock meditating on a rock by the battle area. This must be how he stays so cool and collected. After saying her goodbyes to the gym greeter she made her way over to Brock.

"Hey, Stranger! Sorry I'm late. I had to catch myself another pokemon!" Brock opened his eyes and smiled at the charismatic girl.

"So, this is your first gym battle huh?"

Capri nodded her head. "It sure is! Well.... Actually... This is my first real battle with a trainer." Capri's common sense left a lot to be desired. Sure she had battled wild Pokemon and used her vivid imagination to pretend to battle other trainers when she was just a child, but she had not actually had a real battle against a real trainer before.

"Interesting. I would advise you to battle more trainers in the future though. Gym battles are slightly different than regular battles. The match that we are about to have is for Pokemon League Authorization. You have two Pokemon correct?"

"Yessir, I sure do!" She nodded her head.

"Very well than. I will use two Pokemon as well. " Brock proceeded to walk to the battle area of the gym. He pointed to a small white rectangle that was drawn with chalk on the ground. "You stand on that side of the gym." Capri nodded and skipped over to her side. She was about to participate in her first gym battle! So exciting!

Once Capri was safely standing in her spot, a rocky terrain began to rise up from the bottom of the gym. Now that was cool.

Brock smiled as he tossed out his pokeball. "Let the match begin!" An interesting floating rock with large eyes and bulky arms emerged from the ball.

Spr_4d_074.png

found in fields and mountains. Mistaking them for boulders, people often step or trip on them.

"Okay, Crim! I believe in you!" The Ponyta was released from her pokeball and emerged onto the field. A small nicker escaped from her mouth as she saw Geodude. Yipee! We are finally at the gym!

"You do realize that your Ponyta is at a terrible disadvantage?" Way to point out the obvious Brock.

Capri just chuckled. "I might be a new trainer, but I'm no dummy! Crim may be at the disadvantage here, but she makes up for it with her heart and passion to win!" Dat's right!

Brock just smiled. "Good enough. It's nice to see a trainer think so highly of their Pokemon. Enough chit chat though! Geodude! Use Tackle!" Geodude hovered over towards Crim at a quick pace for a levitating rock.

"Stomp!" The Ponyta was able to evade the attack by jumping onto a small boulder, just out of Geodude's way. She then proceeded to leap off of the boulder and used her front right hoof to make an indent into the Rock Pokemon's hard body. Unfortunately, it did hardly any damage.

"Okay, Geodude time to use Rock Throw. Geodude scooped up a handful of rocks in both of his hands and began to pelt them towards Crim's direction. Crim tried her hardest to dodge the rocks, but she just couldn't miss them all. A few decent size rocks managed to hit the side of her rib cage. Capri cringed when her poor teammate cried out in pain.

"Come on Crim! You got this!" Capri started to try to think outside of the box. She was obviously not gonna win at this pace, she needed to try a different approach.

"Use Charm!" Crim locked eyes with Geodude. Geodude couldn't look away from this adorable Pokemon. Crim began to bat her large brown eyes at Brock's Pokemon. She swished her small inferno of a tail from side to side and she slowly walked closer towards her opponent. Geodude couldn't help but blush.

"Geodude, use Rock Throw again." But Geodude just crossed his arms. "Geodude, I said use Rock Throw!" Geodude turned around to his trainer and frowned. "You're kidding me right?" A light smile appeared on Brocks face. His Geodude had instantly fallen in love with Crim. "I'm gonna tell you one more time. Rock Throw!" Geodude opened his arms out wide. At the point Crim just squeezed her eyes shut, if Geodude was to attack her at this close of a distance she would be a goner. What happened next was not exactly expected. Geodude did lift his arms up, but not to throw rocks at his opponent, instead he wrapped his arms around Crim and gave her a nice big hug.

Capri busted out laughing. "Aw shucks! Looks like my Ponyta is just irresistible!" Crim sighed in relief when it was clear that Geodude was not going to attack her. Now she had another issue. She couldn't get Geodude unattached to her body. Hey, um, this is very flattering and all, but we are suppose to be battling.

I love you.

Brock shook his head. This was a lost cause. He pulled out Geodude's pokeball and returned his Pokemon. Crim let out another sigh of relief now that the obsessive living rock was finally away. One Pokemon down. One to go.

"Onix! Your turn!" Pure fear covered Crim's face as Brock's next pokemon was revealed. A HUMONGOUS rock serpent looked down at Ponyta.

Spr_3f_095.png

Onix, the Rock Snake Pokémon. It tunnels through the ground which shakes when it raises its thunderous roar. It can move the ground at fifty miles per hour.

"Oh golly." Capri eyes widen. It was clear to see poor Crim wouldn't stand a chance against this beast, but Capri knew that Crim would refuse to give up.

"Crim start with double team!" Crim began trotting around the rocky terrain, another image of her self appeared with each step she took. Onix had other ideas though, he dug straight down into the ground, causing the entire gym arena to violently shake. It didn't take much to cause Crim to lose her balance and stumble to the ground. Onix was able to sense were the Ponyta was and rose up directly from the ground below her. Capri's poor Pokemon went soaring through the air as Onix hit her from below. Crim landed back on the ground with a large thud. I'm sorry trainer. I'm not strong enough.

Capri gasped. "Gosh dang it!" Her poor Ponyta hit the ground so hard. She was definitely down for the count. Capri sent her pokemon back into her ball to rest and called out Roselia!

The rose pokemon stood confidently in front of the Onix. Capri couldn't help but laugh at the size difference. On one side there was a teenie tiny flower and on the other side there was a giant behemoth of a stone snake. Capri noticed Brock couldn't help but chuckle either. This will be a fun battle!

"Onix, use Rock Smash!" Onix slammed his tail onto a pile of rocks near Roselia. Causing small rock fragments to fly every where. Capri, Brock and Roselia all had to shield their eyes from the debris caused by Onix.

"Otay, Roselia! Use Leech Seed!" Roselia shot out a small seed from her red rose. It stuck onto one of the sections of Onix's boulder of a body. "This will help us in the long run!" Capri smiled. She was glad Roselia was obeying so well considering she had literally just caught the Pokemon. You're lucky I don't like to lose, lady.

"Iron Tail, Onix!" Onix let out a loud bellow as his tail began to light up and head towards Roselia.

"Magical Leaf!" Roselia was able to shoot out about a dozen sharp, glowing leaves as Onix hurled his tail towards her. Roselia jumped back, only to be grazed by the tail. She could feel her body healing from the leech seed attached to Onix's body. The Leech seed was slowly sucking energy out from Onix and sending it into Roselia's.

"Rock Throw!" Onix rapped up a huge boulder and chucked it at Roselia. She tried to dodge to rock, but it was just to large. The hit caused her to skid through the dirt at a fast rate.

"Roselia! Are you alright!" Capri gasped. That was a rough hit! But Roselia seemed tough and looked at her trainer and nodded. She was not going down with out a fight. Capri smiled at the Rose Pokemon and her determination to win.

"Absorb!" Roselia's two roses began to glow as she pointed them directly towards Onix. He groaned out in pain as more and more energy was being drained from his body.

"Dig!" Onix regained his composure and shot back underground. The ground began to violently shake yet again. Onix could not be seen, but Roselia could feel where he was because of the Leech Seed. She could feel where the source of the energy was directly coming from. "Use Magic Leaf when ya can!" Capri shouted!

Roselia could feel Onix coming closer and closer at an impressive speed for such a large Pokemon. She could feel the ground become light from underneath her. She hurried to the nearest boulder and waited to make her move. Suddenly, Onix smashed his way through the ground and sent Roselia soaring towards the ceiling. She shot out as many leaves as she could. A cloud of dust and rock particles began to swarm the gym and the level of visibility became very low. Brock and Capri could hear the commotion of the two pokemon, but it was still too dusty to see. Suddenly a loud crash could be heard. The only thing the trainers could do was to wait patiently for the dust to settle.

Finally, the air began to clear out and the battle could finally be seen again. Both Brock and Capri let out a "Wha?" as they saw the aftermath of what had happened during this dust bowl. Both Pokemon were laying motionless on the ground....

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Entering Cerulean City
Cerulean City! New Threat?

Click!

The ball stopped moving. The formerly-wild Slowpoke resignated herself to continuing her life as a travelling trainer's Pokémon and gave in the struggle against the device. She was Danica's Pokémon now. The blue-haired girl picked up the Pokéball. "I think I'll call you... Quinn. Would you like that?" she said. From inside the Pokéball, the Slowpoke shrugged, stating that she didn't mind. "Good. Now, time to go on, and rest." She put her Pokéball away in her hoodie's pocket, and continued to walk. In a matter of minutes she was in Cerulean City.

The sun was beginning to set, and the sky was turning into a darker blue. Lights were beginning to turn on, and the reflection on the bodies of water nearby were a lovely sight to behold. Danica was amazed for a second, but quickly remembered that her Pokémon needed healing and resting, and went back to looking for the building with the red roof. It wasn't particularly hard to find, given that it was the only red-coloured building in town, so she quickly headed there.

Once her Pokémon was in the nurse's care, Danica took the time to plan things. The local Gym was the main objective, but she didn't really feel up for it at that moment. She checked her map app; she could go north to Cerulean Cape where she could train her Pokémon to make the Gym battle easier, she figured. Even though she had a type advantage -two Pokémon with Grass-type moves at her disposal- the Gym Leader's signature Starmie was known to be quite the pain to defeat, and it was said that many challengers took that Pokémon for granted and ended up losing. She was not going to do that, however.

Her train of analysis was interrupted by the nurse, saying that her Pokémon were fighting fit, and that they hoped to see her again. Without thinking how the nurse travelled from Pewter to Mt. Moon to Cerulean so fast, or why they "hoped to see her again", she exited the Pokémon Center, with her Pokémon all ready to go. Her next destination: Cerulean Cape, north of Cerulean.

As she was walking through the bridge to reach the cape, two people stopped her in her tracks. One of them was a young teenage boy with a yellow T-shirt and a blue cap, and the other was a young, pretty girl with a white blouse and a blue miniskirt. Danica tried to walk past them, but they refused to let her walk by.

"Whoa, whoa, where do ya think you're going?" the boy said, in a heavy, mobster-like accent that was obviously faked.

"Yeah. Hold it." the girl said, "You want to go past, there's a fee you have to pay."

"...What?" Danica said, her face beginning to show annoyance.

"Yeah. This here, ya see, is our turf." the boy said, "Nothing personal, doll-face." His partner glared at him.

"Okay, enough! This gangster thing... is getting so annoying! Cut it out!" she scolded him, and the boy just looked down and said nothing. The girl then turned to Danica. "Look, we're the Nugget Bridge Gang!"

Danica just stared at them. Her eyes showed both confusion and irritation. Who did these guys think they were? Why didn't people do anything about it? She was certainly not going to pay these nobodies to go train! She attempted to ignore them and push them aside, but they did not budge, which only contributed to Danica's aggravation. "Move." she said rudely.

"Not so fast, doll-face!" the boy said, "You see, we don't take kindly to people like you, wanting to go through OUR turf just like that! If you're looking for trouble-" The girl punched him in the gut suddenly, and growled.

"I said cut it out, Timmy! Gosh!" she said, "This is how it goes. There are two ways to walk through here. Either you give us five grand and everything is cool, or you can try to defeat us all in a row." She chuckled, "Think you can take it?"

Danica glared at this girl with a look of determination and fury. "Bring it on!" she said.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years

"Pewter City - Pokémon Center"
~ Between a Brock and a Harden Phase! ~

"Kaku Kaku Kaku!"

Jun sat with a depressed stare plastered on his face, his eyes were directed at his ovular Kakuna whom was rolling happily back and forth along the tiled pokémon center ground. It had just fainted again in Viridian forest, to be perfectly honest Jun was amazed as to how the damned thing had been able to actually live in the location before Jun had found him without being eaten or something. Regardless, every time the small bug type was healed up Jun would let it out of its pokéball and it would proceed to roll around the floor with the most determined look he had ever seen a cocoon pokémon manage to muster. Kakuna really did mean well, but it's sheer incompetence made Jun sigh in exasperation every time he got his hopes up.

Honedge was sitting peacefully in his bag, her eye and hilt poking out to watch Kakuna happily. The two pokémon at least seemed to get along swimmingly, even if Jun wasn't as keen. Honedge didn't say a word, mostly due to the fact that she was a sword. She could talk using somewhat telepathic cries and by cutting messages into the dirt, but other than that she usually preferred to remain silent and use gestures to communicate. Something Jun much preferred over-

"Kakuuuuuuuu- Kak!"

The damnable thing had used harden and tried to roll through the front door again. Kakuna seemed to think that making itself tougher using harden would make it do more damage when he collided with things. This of course went against almost every rule of battle logic and while Jun appreciated the innovation, if it didn't work it didn't work. He had tried explaining this to kakuna over their time together, but the cocoon pokémon obviously hadn't evolved proper hearing yet... or at least a decent amount of intelligence.

With another sad sigh, Jun gently picked Kakuna off of the ground and looked him in his beedy bug eyes.

"For the last time, nobody finds harden impressive... it does nothing except maybe preventing you from a first turn KO."

"K-Kaku Kak- mmph!"

Jun quickly shoved Kakuna in his pocket and made his way to the front door of the pokémon center. The sliding doors parted and Honedge stretched its sash as it levitated out of its trainers bag and opted to float alongside him as they exited the center and moved into the fairly calm streets of Pewter city.

***​

He could see the gym in the distance... a fairly impressive place dedicated to the training of rock type pokémon. Not the kind of place that Jun wanted to bring a little bug like Kakuna. Jun was confident he could maybe win without Kakuna, Honedge was strong, swift and reliable. But Jun was still not one hundred percent sure that he could pull off a victory with only one pokémon, he wanted to get the badge on his first attempt to cement a nice feeling of victory and confidence into his stride.

Plus beedrill were pretty cool looking pokémon. Intimidating too. Having one on his team would be nice.

But Kakuna was just so (dare he say it), worthless. Unless specifically instructed to do otherwise, all the little shell ever did was use harden. Harden, harden, harden. What was he, a metapod? Well technically he was the golden "more aggressive" equivalent but still. If nothing else Jun couldn't stand the thought of disappointing the poor little guy, Kakuna really wanted to be a benefit and while Jun was finding him difficult to train he still didn't want to send Kakuna into a fit of depression.

He groaned lightly under his breath before turning away from the street leading to the gym and heading back in the direction of Viridian forest. For now at least, it was back to the old grind.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Capri
077MS.png
315MS.png

"HOORAY FOR NOT LOOOSING!"

As the dust finally settled, it was clear to see that both pokemon had fainted. It was a tough battle for sure, but Brock's Onix proved to be a very powerful contender despite his type disadvantage. Capri couldn't have been more proud of Roselia. For her first battle as Capri's Pokemon, she showed just how much dedication she had.

"Both our Pokemon are unable to battle. Even though we are both out of pokemon to use, I declare you the winner due to the fact that you defeated my Geodude as well." Brock announced as he returned his Onix to his pokeball.

A huge smile appeared on Capri's face. She had done it. She had won her first gym battle! She also returned her fainted Pokemon and headed over to Brock.

"I really enjoyed our battle Capri. Continue your training and you will become a force to be reckoned with!"

Capri blushed. "Oh my! Thank you so much!"

"I award you… The Boulder Badge!" Brock displayed a quarter sized badge that was a nice shiny silver. It was very basic looking, which was understandable considering most rocks are rather simple.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Capri received the badge and gave Brock a tight hug. When Capri began her journey, a kind old lady that she had met right before she made it to Viridian Forest had given her a hand-made box to use to hold her badges. Inside the box was eight small compartments to hold the eight gym badges.

"So, uh, I hear you are an awesome cook. Ya think maybe you could make me, a young traveling trainer that is low on money and also just defeated you in a battle, a nice meal before I continue my journey?"

Brock chuckled. "Well of course! You can join my family and me for dinner!"

Brock had a large family. A large, very energetic family. This was something that fascinated Capri very much
considering she practically lived her entire life as an only child. Capri counted all the small children happily slurping up some stew that Brock had made. Nine. He had nine brothers and sisters!

"So you beat my older brother huh?" One of his sisters asked.

Capri giggled. "Not exactly! Both our pokemon fainted in the end, so it was more of a tie. But I did beat his Geodude!" She winked at Brock.

Brock laughed. "That's because my Geodude thought her Ponyta was too cute to fight."

All the children giggled.

Not only was Brock an excellent cook for people, he also made wonderful food for Pokemon! He had made Crim and Roselia some special pokemon food to help fuel them up before they head out to Route 3. Geodude hovered next to Crim, munching on his own bowl of food. He would attempt to hand Crim bits of his food but she rejected him each time. Brock had also let his other pokemon out to eat. A large purple bat was perched on a small wooden structure to eat his food peacefully, He was a Crobat. Brock also had an adorable baby Pokemon called a Bonsley, who was too busy running around the dining room with the youngest children because they all were too wound up to eat! Onix respectfully ate his food outside, considering he could not fit in the house.

"So, I take it you are going to head out to Cerulean City next?" Brock asked.

"Yessir! I sure am going to go there to take on my next gym battle with Misty. If Roselia keeps up the hard work, it should be a breeze!"

One of the older boys whispered something to Brock. Brock looked at his brother for a moment and then turned his attention back to Capri. He got up from his chair and motioned Capri to come into another room, away from all the kids, so he could speak to her.

"My brother, Forrest, wants to know if he could tag along with you until you reach Cruelean City. I have never been able to take him to any other place due to the fact that I am rather busy with the gym and caring for our eight other siblings. He is rather shy though, but I feel like this will be a great learning experience for him."

Capri just chuckled. "I would absolutely love to have a little traveling buddy to assist me on my journey!" The thought of not being alone made her one jolly girl.

Once dinner was over, all the tummies were full and content and the dishes were washed. Capri made her way out of Brocks house. Her two companions were to her right, happily waddling with full bellies, and to her left was Forrest, Brock's shy younger brother. Hovering next to Forrest was Brock's loyal companion, Geodude. Brock decided to let Forrest borrow Geodude so Forrest could help Capri with any battle and also to help teach Forrest how to battle! It was obvious Crim was not pleased with this decision.

Brock and his family said their goodbyes to the duo as they left the house and started to make their way towards Route 3.

"Don't you worry, kiddo! We are gonna have a rootin' tootin' good time out here!" Capri hooked her arm around the young boys neck.

What have I gotten myself into? Forrest contemplated turning around and going back home, but it was too late. Capri had sucked him in with her endless amount of enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Years
8RsK8Hk.png

Tasman Bailey ft. Gelius Emerald
Showdown on Nugget Bridge
418.png
017.png
033.png
403.png

Tasman walked north from the pokemon centre, his thoughts on what lay ahead of him later in the day. He was eager to watch his new rival in her gym battle, but he was also looking forward to his own.
But who do I use... Dalair has the type advantage but he can't use any electric moves besides Charge. Oh well, worrying about things is just boring. I'll just relax at the cape and make up my mind when the time comes.

Tasman continued to stride through the town, the river and Nugget bridge coming into view soon enough. In only a few more minutes, Tasman was walking onto the bridge - which was when the punk-looking guy spoke up.
"Oh like hell am I letting you of all people through." the guy was taller than Tasman, dressed in leather and had a colourful mohawk adorning his head.
This is the guy I beat in the competition earlier... no wonder Clarity told me to watch to for thugs near the bridge
"The way I see it" Tasman said in his politest voice "You don't really get to choose whether I cross or not." The thug leaned over towards Tasman with a wicked grin
"Oh but I do, you can only get across if you pay the toll or beat all three of us in battles."
"Battles? Well you should have said so, I'll just beat you again" Tasman smiled pleasantly
"What?! You are in for it now you shit" the two other gang member had moved over to enjoy the commotion now, both gripping pokeballs.

Gelius just walked to the bridge. He saw Gary Clark being cheered by many people for his win. While he... They just threw him garbage.

"How do i defeat Misty or Lt. Surge if i can't defeat Gary Clark?" He sighed. He thought visiting Bill would be good to cheer up.

He saw a boy being attacked by a gang. He was about to ignore but a Herdier growled at him.

"You ain't pass unless you pay us!" A boy yelled.

"I do not have money. I lost all to my rival..." Gelius sais.

"Pay me." He insists.

"I would not either pay to you." Gelius said.

"Pay. Me." He insists again.

"No." Gelius said.

"P-A-Y. M-E. Pay me." He says.

"N-O. No." Gelius said, confident that the boy was not harmful.

"Well then... PAY ME!" He says.

"Once again, i won't change my answer. No." Gelius said.

"Fine." He says. "If you don't pay me..." Gelius interrupted.

"Then i cross the bridge." Gelius said pushing the boy.

"Oh you dare to push me!? Herdier, lets see if he gets scared."

Gelius looked to Herdier's eyes. Then he walks away and says:

"Wow... That's sooo... Pathetic. No i'm not scared and No i won't pay you." Gelius said.

"Fine. YO GUYS!" He yells. "We got one more idiot!"

Gelius grabs his Nuzleaf, Leaf's pokeball and throws the pokeball.. "Oh no you don't! Leaf time to show your skills!" Leaf the Nuzleaf comes in.

Tasman watched as the new arrival showed up and started making a scene
"Well I guess it's two against three now. Shouldn't be too hard really." Tasman looked over his opponents, one with a Herider two who had yet to send anything out.
Well, this should be interesting
"Lance, let's help out!" Tasman released the purple form of his Nidorino from the confines of his pokeball.

"Hitmonlee!" the punk-thug called, once again sending out the fighting-type
"Linoone!" the third of the nugget bridge gang called, the normal-type also appearing in a flash of light. Tasman grinned, looking at the stranger on his side
"Nice to meet you, my name's Tasman. Pleasure to work with you" he laughed "Lance, Posion Jab on that Herdier!"

Lance's horn glowed a sinister shade of purple as he ran forwards towards the Herdier and slamming into the side of the bridge, jabbing him with the sharp point of his horn.
"Htomonlee, Jump Kick!" the punk-thug called

"You know what? I would like to help. Plus, no one messes with my hometown."

"Herdier use Shadow Ball!" The boy said.

"Come on! Using Ghost against Dark? Leaf show your power! Leaf Blade!" Gelius said,

Leaf struck with his Leaf Blade, evading the Shadow Ball, hitting Herdier.

"No Fair. My rules are: Only i can win; I am the best; Etc..." The boy said.

"These rules are pathetic." Gelius said.

"No way i will let you pass!" The boy said.

"Lance, Double Kick to counter it!" Tasman called to his Nidorino, the pokemon instantly kicking its legs up to deflect the Hitmonlee's attack before suddenly flailing into a second kick that smacked the fighting-type into the other side of the bridge. Tasman and Lance didn't get a reprieve though
"Lance, go help that Nuzleaf ou-"
"Don't forget me idiot! Linoone use Headbutt!" The Linoone sped in towards Lance, passed the battling Nuzleaf and Herdier, but tactics like that weren't going to beat Tasman or his pokemon with ease.
"Lance, Double Kick Again!" Twice in quick succession Lance lashed out with his back legs, launching the Linoone into the Herdier that was struggling back to its feet just as the Hitmonlee again jumped up to attack Lance.

Gelius tried to figure a way to defeat the thugs. They had advantage on him.

"Leaf go for a Leaf Blade on Hitmonlee!"

"Oh no you don't! Hitmonlee! Go for a Brick Break!" The thug said.

Leaf tried to hit Hitmonlee but the fighting pokemon used his feet to smash Leaf to the ground.

"Now Blaze Kick!" The thug said. Hitmonlee kicked Leaf with his Blazing Feet, throwing him back.

"This is way hard." Then Gelius remember. "Leaf you ready? When I say catch this." Gelius said showing the Leaf Stone.

Leaf nodded.

"Horn Attack!" Tasman called, Lance's horn shining a fluorescent white as he slammed the Herdier into the side of the bridge "Double Kick on the Linonne!" Lance looked to be on a roll, easily knocking the Linoone well back with two powerful kicks of his hind legs. Tasman grinned, feeling full of confidence
Although I owe this guy for giving us the opening by distracting that Hitmonl-" Tasman's thought was cut short by his ally's Nuzleaf being hit by a nasty Blaze kick. Tasman's shock was further compounded though, when his teammate pulled out a leaf stone.
"Well that's a surprise..."

"Leaf now!" Gelius threw the stone. Leaf rushed to it and jumped. When Leaf caught the Leaf Stone, the Nuzleaf started to shine bright. When the light subsided and Gelius could see again, Leaf the Nuzleaf was no longer a Nuzleaf.

Leaf the Nuzleaf evolved to a Shiftry!

Gelius was surprised. Even though he expected that Nuzleaf would evolve, he was surprised to see the aspect of his newly evolved pokemon.

"Alright Leaf time to finish them!" Leaf knew that it was time to Razor Wind. He started spinning, creating some wind. Then a little tornado was created.

"Alright Leaf! Razor Wind on Herdier!" Gelius commanded. Leaf threw the tornado at Herdier, making the pokemon being thrown back. After that, Herdier fainted.

"Well I can't say that wasn't impressive" Tasman chuckled "Lance, use Poison Jab on the Linoone!" Tasman's Nidorino's horn glowed it's usually vibrant purple as he ran forwards and jabbed it hard against the Linoon's side, flinging it into the side of the bridge and knocking it out once more. Tasman looked over at the other guy
"You want to take the Hitmonlee down? I already got to earlier so I don't mind."

"I don't mind. Now that Leaf is faster i might be able to counter it. Leaf go for Razor Leaf!" Gelius said. Leaf started to throw several sharp leaves at Hitmonlee like Arrows.

"Hitmonlee use Blaze Kick to throw them back!" The thug said. Gelius knew his plan:

If Hitmonlee manages to throw the sharp leaves back to Leaf, it will count as Leaf making damage to himself. Plus, the leaves would catch fire from the foot, and it would be a made up move, Fire Type one and a kind of... Blazing Leaf?

Well what it would be does not matter, what could happen it's the main trouble. This made up move can make this battle in a total defeat.

Hitmonlee threw back the leaves, and the leaves ignite. Gelius had all planed.

"Leaf use your fans to make wind, so you can throwback the leaves to Hitmonlee!" Gelius commanded. Leaf did what his trainer commanded. By swinging his fans, he made the leaves being thrown back to Hitmonlee, since the burning leaves are light in weight. Plus, the Oxygen would make the flame stronger. The sharp burning leaves hit Hitmonlee, knocking him out.

"I guess we'll be passing then" Tasman chimed "well done Lance, and Leaf too what an evolution" he said as he returned his Nidorino. Tasman was about to continue walking when he realised than Gelius was still standing there.
"Oh, yeah. I'm Tasman, thanks for the backup."

"I'm Gelius, and in fact... I just passed by but once i saw these goons messing with you, I thought they were Gang of Bugs and were messing with Cerulean Folks again. You know, I don't like when someone messes with my hometown." Gelius said, while returning his Shiftry. Only Bubbles the Poliwhirl was seen next to him. "By the way, if you are going to Cerulean Cape, I know the owner of the house there, he is a friend of mine and works with my dad. I kinda wanna talk with him." Gelius said.

"Gang of bugs? Shouldn't there be a bit more control over groups like that?" Tasman asked before shrugging "Well they don't seem particularly dangerous, just irritating. I am going to the Cape, I've heard it's really pretty there. Might as well head that way with you for now." It was with that the pair left Nugget Bridge and begun to traverse the small route towards Cerulean Cape.

"OK. Follow me. You might not want to step their territory. I know a way to evade it." Geius said. When he tried to lead the way, he saw a sign saying: 'Road Under Construction.'

"OK... This was the only shortcut i knew. So yeah... There might be as well another shortcuts, but i only know this one." Gelius said. "We better look for another shortcut... I don't wanna go through another fight..." He said
"Shortcut to where?" a snooty sounding voice rang out from behind the pair of trainers, the duo turning to see a group of young trainers all with outrageous hair-do's and all with a bug-typed pokemon following them.
"I don't suppose that's them is it?" Tasman said to Gelius, sighing at the arrival of this other group. Honestly, the majority of them had Kakuna's and Metapod's with them so they didn't look to be much of a threat to anybody, even less so than the Nugget Bridge guys.

"Yes its them." Gelius said. "And by using pokemon like Kakuna and Matapod, it means that their leader is around and wanna give him priority to fight the trespassers. I heard that who loses to them will suffer and who wins against them... That those people would pay for defeating them. Pay but not on financial means." Gelius said. "These are rumors. Honestly i use to go by the shortcut. I never confronted them. And i was hoping to not find them. Neither their leader, Josh. Their leader is said to be born on Viridian Forest. This is all that the people know..."

"LEADER!" A young boy yelled. "The trespassers!"

"Better turn back and look for a another shortcut right?" Gelius whispered to Tasman. The boys were glaring at them.

Tasman nodded at Gelius
"Yeah, I can't be bothered battling a gang again. Doing the same thing over and over is boring. Maybe I'll see you at Cerulean Cape?" With that, Tasman walked off - right passed the astounded Gang of Bugs thugs - in the direction of Cerulean Cape.
Hopefully I'll find a route that's not crawling with more of these guys.
"Bye Gelius!"

"See ya!" As Gelius finished to say good bye to Tasman, Gary Clark showed up.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Cerulean City - Nugget Bridge
The Nugget Bridge Gang! Vs. Timmy!

"I got this, Ali!" the boy with the blue cap stepped up, Pokéball in hand. "Rattata, go!"

"Quinn, you got this!" Danica said, and sent out her newly-caught Slowpoke. This was the perfect opportunity to try out her skills.

Youngster Timmy's Rattata attacked first with a defensive move, Tail Whip. Danica tried to get Quinn to use Yawn, so that the battle would be easier, but it appeared that the Slowpoke had not taken a liking to her trainer yet, and instead used Tackle, sending the small mouse Pokémon flying after colliding. The Rattata retaliated with Hyper Fang, and the pain from the move left Quinn immobilized for a few moments.

"Quinn, use Yawn! Or he'll do that again!" Danica shouted.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Quinn replied, and used another anger-fuelled Tackle that not only sent the Rattata flying, but it also knocked it out after it hit the side of the bridge. Timmy gasped, not expecting his Pokémon to have gone down that easily. But he wasn't going to give up. He was going to defeat this girl. Perhaps Ali would grow to respect him after that... Shaking those distracting thoughts from his head, he grabbed his other Pokéball and threew it in the air.

"Sandshrew, finish her! Start with Defense Curl!"

"We got this, Quinn! Water Gun!" Danica exclaimed. But Quinn ignored her orders and turned away.

"Now, Scratch!"

Timmy's Sandshrew charged at the idle Slowpoke and scratched her. Quinn heard her trainer telling her to use Water Gun, but once again she opted to ignore her and took a nap. This is no use... she said to herself, I have to find a way to make her listen to me...

"Alright, Quinn, that's enough, return." Danica said, keeping her emotionless face on, "Curtis, you got it! Use Magical Leaf!"

The attack worked like a charm. Curtis did not hesitate to use the move, which drained the foe Sandshrew of half his energy. Timmy's next command was a Rollout, and Sandshrew curled up into a ball and began to roll over to strike Curtis as if he was a bowling pin. Danica told Curtis to use another Magical Leaf attack, and even though Sandshrew managed to attack, the second barrage of magical leaves was more than enough to leave that Pokémon unable to keep on battling. Danica had defeated Timmy, but it wasn't like she could go on her way... Not yet.

"Humph! You and your stupid goon attitude!" Ali said, "I'm up next! And I tell you, it won't be easy!"

Meanwhile, a young boy with dark green hair was taking a stroll around Cerulean City, proudly showing off a newly-obtained Cascade Badge, when his attention was drawn by something. Some teenage kids were fighting a blue-haired girl with a purple hoodie at the Nugget Bridge. He couldn't help but think that he had seen this girl somewhere before, but right at the moment he had something more important to do. He would pay the Pokémon Center a visit to rest his Pokémon. Then, maybe, he'd stop by the bridge again and see how things would turn out.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Zakk Steuermann ¦ Chapter 3 ¦ A Trail of Breadcrumbs

Zakk's current team:
371.png

"Wait a moment please!" The receptionist scuttled away, in a very similar fashion to a Krabby. Zakk tapped his finger on the desk with Bagon shuffling around his feet. The short, older woman observed Zakk over her large, round glasses. "Officer Jenny will be right with you, please take a seat. Zakk did as he was told, and sat one on of the seats at the edge of the foyer. Looking around the light, open Police Station Zakk could see a variety of paintings, none of which he recognised of course. After not too long spent waiting, Officer Jenny walked out to greet Zakk. She stood tall despite being quite a bit shorter than Zakk, and sported a blue officer's suit, blue skirt, a black messenger bag and a blue officer's cap. Zakk stood to greet her politely.

"I'm Zakk," He began. "And this is my partner Bagon. Officer Jenny shook his hand and introduced herself in return. She lead Zakk through a side door and into her own small office. There the two sat down, Zakk in the visitor's chair and her behind her desk. She withdrew a notepad and pen, and sat back.

"We have a lot to discuss. Or maybe we don't, as far as I'm told your situation goes. How are you, first of all?" Officer Jenny started. Zakk was already slightly uncomfortable, knowing that Officer Jenny probably knew more than he did about himself. He answered anyway.
"Physically I feel fine. I haven't noticed anything unusual, though I don't remember what usual is. I know something happened, and that is all." Bagon sat a scratched his head, not really interested in the conversation as of yet. "I can't remember anything past the mundane occurrences of my childhood. Can you tell me anything about how I got here, my condition, Bagon's condition, and who may have abandoned us here?" Zakk looked hopefully at the Officer, who scrutinised him for a moment, before reaching across the desk and placing a file in front of Zakk.
"That's the case file for this, or should I say your case." Zakk immediately went to reach for the file. "The isn't much in there," Jenny warned. "We haven't made much progress, there isn't a lot to go on I'm afraid." Zakk opened the file and looked at some of the eyewitness reports. He skim-read them quickly, and moved on to the concept sketch of the man seen at the scene. It lacked detail, but the sketch showed a man, approximately in his forties, with glasses and a small goatee. Zakk looked at the picture carefully.
Zakks head pounded fiercely, and images flashed before him. Zakk was stuck in a room, unable to move, while the man in the sketch walked towards him wearing a white lab coat. He spoke to Zakk slowly, in a language that seemed familar, yet Zakk couldn't understand him.
"Und jetzt kommt der Ergebnis von unserer Forschung!" The man held a syringe full of blue luminous liquid that Zakk didn't want any part of, but couldn't move to get away from it. The man came close and held the syringe up to Zakk's neck. Then he felt a hand on his should and Zakk snapped his head up to see Jenny looking at him funny.
"Are you ok Zakk?" She asked. Zakk nodded, but he could feel the sweat on his forehead. Just what on earth was that I saw? Zakk thought to himself. He stood up and thanked officer Jenny for her help. She moved over to Zakk and held out something to him. It was a Holo Caster.
"We had one spare, and you don't yet have one, so please take this. It already has our numbers in it, and your case has been passed throughout the region. If we discover anything, one of our officers will contact you, and of course, if you discover anything please let us know. Thank you for taking the time to talk to me, though this is a very puzzling case indeed." Bagon pulled at Zakk's trousers and Zakk looked down at him and nodded.
"Thank you very much. I should go now, I guess I have to go find my answers out in the world." Officer Jenny nodded and also pointed him towards Brock's gym. Zakk agreed, having already been suggested to talk to the gym leader.
Zakk left the police station with a copy of the man's picture. What he'd seen when he looked at the picture had seemed so real, it was almost like a memory returning to him. But if it was, then what was in the syringe? Zakk's head still ached a little, but he ignored it and began to make his way to the Pokémon Gym.
--------------------
Zakk arrived outside the gym as the sky had begun to dim. Zakk entered, and looked around. Inside was a large open area for trainers to wait and prepare themselves before Brock battled them. It was covered in rocks and stones and one wall was actually a climbing wall for Pokémon to use. Bagon saw it and rushed over, scrambling up the wall despite his short arms and legs. Zakk laughed and looked around, but no one else was here, except a tall man wearing an orange pullover and rugged green utility trousers. He wore sturdy brown boots on his feet and had messy brown hair. The man walked over to Zakk after seeing Bagon rush over to the climbing wall.
"Seems your little guy is quite the climber, and very strong. His stamina is something else to be able to go up and down that wall so many times so quickly. What's your name son?" He smiled at Zakk through slanted slitted eyes. His expression was soft and caring, but had a strength behind it that could hold you up even when nothing else could.
"I'm Zakk. Are you Brock?" Zakk responded. Brock nodded.
"Indeed, and I guess you're here because you want to challenge me? If so you're just in time; you'll be my last challenger today." Zakk simply nodded. Brock lead them through to a large arena for Pokémon battles, which had many large rocky features in it, and sand and gravel coating the floor. Two panels were in place for the trainers to stand upon and a path ran around the edge of the arena. "You're very quiet, Zakk. Perhaps this battle will tell me a little about yourself." Brock moved over to a panel on the wall, and a drawer slid open when he pressed on it. The drawer contained six Pokéballs. "How many badges do you have Zakk?"
"None yet, I'm just starting anew." Zakk called over to him, taking a look at the arena. Brock then picked out two Pokéballs and moved back over to the arena.
"These two will do for now then." Zakk took his position, and Bagon ran over at his call. Brock stood firm, and threw one Pokéball into the air. A red beam shot out and materialised into a Geodude, a Pokémon which appeared to be a rock with arms. Bagon stood in front of Zakk and readied itself. Zakk leant down and whispered to Bagon, "Use the rock formations as I guide you to them. You're going against two Pokémon buddy, save your energy where possible. We can do this!" Zakk stood up once again and nodded at Brock, ready. A large screen on the wall to Zakk's right and Brock's left lit up displaying the remaining energy of the two Pokémon battling. Brock returned the nod and waited a moment, to see if Zakk would move first. When he didn't, Brock began the battle.
"Geodude, use Rock Throw!" The Geodude picked up a rock and hurled it in one fluid motion, aimed straight for Bagon.
"Bagon, dodge it to the left." Bagon jumped to the left behind a smaller rock pillar and the rock missed. Zakk signalled to Bagon to climb a little. "Use Dragon Dance there Bagon!" Zakk called when Bagon reached a small platform to stand on. Bagon reached its arms up and pumped itself up, increasing its strength and speed.
"Geodude, use Rock Polish!" Geodude rolled on some of the small pebbles on the ground, smoothing off its sharp edges and increasing its speed. It moved over towards the pillar where Bagon was standing. Zakk motioned for Bagon to move to the top, which he did.
"Bagon, use Headbutt now!" Zakk called the minute Bagon was at the top. Bagon leaped, pulling its head back as it flew towards Geodude, and slamming hard into it with his head. The Geodude recoiled backwards and Bagon landed solidly. "Now follow with ember, then move right." Bagon did so, and Geodude covered itself with its arms to shield a little from the ember, which didn't seem to have much effect. Geodude's energy bar on the screen decreased by forty percent.
"Geodude, follow Bagon and hit it with a Tackle!" Geodude quickly caught Bagon and slammed into him. Bagon lost a little under a quarter of his energy on the screen. Bagon fell away from the Geodude, and quickly picked himself up again.
"Bagon get close to it again with Headbutt!" Bagon jumped towards the Geodude thrusting his head forward.
"Dodge it Geodude, move right!" Geodude moved and Bagon ended the attack stood right next to Geodude.
"Now Bagon!" Zakk called, and Bagon knew to attack. Bagon released a stream of fiery pellets into Geodude, who had no room to escape. Geodude took the full extent of the attack, losing a further fifteen percent of its energy.
"Geodude, use Rock Throw now!" Brock called and Geodude did exactly that, hitting Bagon in the leg with its shot. Bagon's energy decreased to a little above half. I need to give Bagon the momentum of this battle Zakk thought to himself.
"Bagon use Headbutt again, and run back!" Bagon executed the command and also began to climb the rock formation behind him. Geodude's remaining energy decreased further, leaving it with only twenty percent remaining.
"Geodude, use Rock Throw then follow up with Tackle!" Brock called.
"Bagon, use Dragon Dance now, then follow with Headbutt!" Zakk shouted at the same time. Bagon did so, and jumped at Geodude just in time to dodge the Rock Throw attack. Bagon's Headbutt overpowered Geodude's Tackle and Bagon's attack went through, knocking Geodude back, and landing upright. Geodude's energy hit zero, and thus was knocked out. Brock held out its Pokéball and the red beam recalled Geodude.
"I'm beginning to see what kind of person you are Zakk. You care very much for your Bagon here. Every time Geodude scored a hit, you'd get Bagon to move in such a way that would put distance between them, so you could re-evaluate how you could engage him again without further harm. You have a very strategical mind, utilising the surroundings to gain an advantage against Geodude, who would normally have the upper hand in this arena. But you lack a motive, a clear goal. Right now, you are simply jumping around the arena, and using the closest landscape to try and push an advantage. You're not looking for the most optimal advantage. And some trainers will easily pick apart your strategy here and defeat you because of it. Pokémon battles, like anything in life, require a goal, and I don't simply mean defeating your opponent. I mean strategically finding a way to out manoeuvre your opponent to push the strongest advantage you can, not a weak upper hand you gain in one particular moment. Let's see if you can show me what you're really about Zakk. Go Onix!" Brock threw his second Pokéball into the air to release the giant Rock-Snake Pokémon, which slittered easily through the rocky formations, but also could see over some of the smaller ones. Zakk motioned at Bagon to move to a hidden position. Brock smiled. "That won't work this time. Go Onix! Iron Tail!" Onix's tail glowed silver and Onix slammed the rock pillar Bagon was climbing, shattering it and knocking Bagon to the ground. Bagon lost a big chunk of energy, lowered to forty percent remaining.
"Quick Bagon, use Headbutt!" Bagon rushed towards the rock snake and slammed it hard, reducing its energy by twenty percent, but Onix barely even flinched. Zakk scoured the landscape for something he could give to Bagon to gain a good advantage over the opposing Onix. "Bagon Ember and move left around the rocks, make it move!" Bagon ran after releasing the Ember attack, which barely reduced the Onix's energy by five percent.
"Onix, follow it and hit Bagon with a Rock Blast!" Onix slid around the rocks easily, and fired a rock it had picked up in its mouth. The rock hit Bagon square in the back, and Bagon fell. It had only five percent energy left.
"Headbutt it Bagon, then double back and keep going!" Bagon did just that managing to dodge a Tackle in retaliation. Bagon weaved in and out of the rocks. Bagon ended up on a low plateau and turned to the Onix.
"Onix, use Rock Tomb!" Brock called out.
"Bagon, duck!" Zakk shouted out. Onix threw rocks which imprisoned Bagon, and then the last landed on top, which would squash Bagon and defeat it...

But Bagon ducked at the last second. Zakk smiled and Brock looked surprised. The plateau had a small dip in it which allowed Bagon to squash himself down and avoid the attack. Bagon stood up.
"Bagon end this battle!" Zakk called, nodding at him.
"Onix, Iron Tail now!" Brock called. Onix made to attack but its tail got stuck on the rock formations Bagon had led it through. Bagon breathed in deeply for a moment, and then unleashed a torrent of water that formed the Hydro Pump attack which slammed into Onix full force, slamming Onix backwards through the rock formations and shattering them. The attack ended with Onix curled on the floor with its energy depleted. Bagon stood over the Onix, exhausted, but victorious.

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years

"Viridian Forest"
~ The Spinarak Solution! ~

Running, running, running! How on Earth had they managed to get themselves into such a horrible situation?

Jun was holding the exhausted Honedge tightly in his arms as he ran, she had fought bravely but even she wasn't enough to face the threat that they had stumbled upon. Upon exploring the Viridian forest further, Jun had hoped to find some weaker pokémon to train against and by his own logic he thought that the smaller and weaker pokémon would hide from human eyes off the beaten forest trail. With that in mind he had moved off course and proceeded to explore many hidden alcoves and areas that he had never before seen.

It was in one of these areas however, that Jun encountered a tiny Spinarak, looked to be very young and easy to take out... a small amount of experience like that might give Kakuna an edge, so he instructed the small pokémon to watch as he sent Honedge in to deal with the pokémon quickly. It was after that first attack however when everything went wrong...

As the smaller pokémon had been attacked, various Spinarak of various sizes burst out from all angles to protect their young. Valiantly, Jun and Honedge had managed to take out a large chunk of them, but Honedge couldn't withstand so many attacks from so many angles and so in a moment of fear for Jun, the sword pokémon had fallen to the ground. In a panic Jun managed to quickly grab her and take off in the opposite direction. But he didn't know this area of the forest! He was lost, alone and without hope... and the three Spinarak still following him were slowly gaining face.

Quicker in fact, than even he had imagined. A string shot latched around his leg and Jun fell forward into the grass in front of him. Was this... it? He had been preparing for his journey for this long... was it really just going to end like this? One of the Spinarak leaped into the air above Jun and the trainer covered his face and shut his eyes expecting the worst.

"KAAAA.... KUUUU!"

When Jun felt no attack connect he opened his eyes, only to stare in disbelief. The Spinarak was violently shaking its now grounded body. Covered in a sticky web, it was unable to move as a small brown cocoon like thing was flailed around at the end of the thread.

"K-Kakuna! Wh-what are you?"

Jun realized quickly that he didn't have time to ask questions, Kakuna was his only hope in this situation and Jun had to think quickly. What? What could Kakuna do? Kakunas main problem was mobility, he couldn't damn well make it to the pokémon he was supposed to attack most of the time. But, while attached by his string shot...

"Kakuna! Retract your webbing! Quickly!"

Without any hesitation, Kakuna quickly pulled the string shot back into its cocoon, however due to the weight and amount of web stuck to the Spinarak Kakuna ended up being pulled forward! With a light thud, Kakuna smacked right onto the opposing Spinaraks back.

"Now's your chance! Kakuna! Use bug bite to latch on!"

"KAKU! MMPH!"

The Spinarak cried in surprise and pain and began to roll around as Kakuna continued to bite into it viciously. The opponent bug type seemed to be trying to squish Kakuna under his weight. But Jun knew exactly what to do about that.

"Not on our watch! Kakuna! Use Harden and follow it up with as many poison stings as you can muster!"

Closing its eyes tightly and focusing, Kakuna shimmered momentarily before obtaining a new glossy sheen over his body, as if some new, tough enamel was covering his body. Suddenly the Spinaraks attempts to crush Kakuna under its own weight were pointless.

"KA-KUUU!"

Kakuna pulled it's tail back quickly where a long and purple needle began to form, once it had grown to full length, Kakuna quickly began to jab it into the Spinarak. The move wasn't very effective, but the repeated usage quickly began to take its toll on the Spinarak until eventually...

"Sp-Spinar...ak..."

Jun could only watch in genuine awe as Kakuna plopped onto the ground exhausted and the large Spinarak curled up onto its back. A perfect KO. The other two Spinarak following were much smaller than their leader and as they finally arrived to see him knocked out, all they could do was squeal and run in the opposite direction. Kakuna slowly rolled and bumped into the still grounded Jun.

"Kaku, Kaku?"

Jun grinned widely and stood up only to pick up the small cocoon before tossing him into the air and catching him in his hands with glee.

"Ha! Haha! You did it Kakuna! You saved us! That was incredible!"

"Kaku! Kaku!"

A bit adjacent to the left, Honedge, whom had been dropped as Jun was knocked off his feet, smiled gently (well as best a sword could smile) at the two as she floated over and slowly lowered herself into Jun's bag. Jun quickly slid Kakuna into his pocket where the small bug got cozy with newly found pride and satisfaction.

After a few moments to collect himself, Jun began to wander the forest looking for a way back to Pewter city. He had decided then, that he didn't need a Beedrill just yet... maybe that was what Kakuna and Honedge had known all along. He was now confident that with the pokémon he had, as they were, he could earn his first badge.

So with a new strategy in mind and a determination to win set as his goal, Jun resolved to challenge Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader!

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
The Nugget Bridge Gang! Vs. Ali!

The battle began with Danica keeping Curtis out in battle against Ali's Pidgey. This time there were no type advantages that Danica could use to her advantage, or that she should watch out for, it was all a matter of using any moves possible until one of them went out. Curtis started out using a Double Team attack, while Pidgey counterattacked with Sand Attack. Both parties' accuracy had been compromised, but Danica did not appear to care, and shouted out another Double Team attack. Ali caught on quick to Danica's game and told her Pidgey to use Sand Attack move. If she was going to have trouble hitting the foe, she might as well give the opponent the same disadvantage. However, there was something she was unaware of - Curtis' movepool. Among the small Emotion Pokémon's moves was Disarming Voice, a Fairy-type move that would hit no matter how much sand there was in Curtis' eyes.

"Curtis, Disarming Voice!"

Ali was shocked to see that moved strike, but assumed it was just luck and told Pidgey to conuterattack with a Tackle. The move missed, and Ali immedately told her Pidgey to use Quick Attack, and this time it hit. Danica repeated her command, and now the foe was down to half of his health. Ali attempted another Quick Attack that failed, while Curtis once again attacked with Disarming Voice. Then she managed to land a Gust attack on Ralts before her Pidgey went down to yet another Disarming Voice.

"Humph. Guess luck's on your side... Or is it?" Ali said, "Nidoran, go get'm!"

Danica let out a yelp when she saw the next opponent. The same Pokémon she dreaded after the events near Mt. Moon was before her eyes, and she had to win in order to be able to go past the bridge and train up north (while teaching these kids a lesson, of course). Her mind began to go into overdrive as memories rushed past her eyes. She decided to take it down as fast as possible, with the only super-effective move she could use at the time: Confusion. However, the attack missed, and the Nidoran ♀ attacked with Fury Swipes, to Danica's dismay. Danica attempted another Confusion, but missed again, and another Fury Swipes was enough to put Curtis out of commission.

"Doesn't feel so good, does it?" Ali said, "See? This is why you don't cross us, the Nugget Bridge Gang!"

"...Curtis, come back." she said, almost keeping her deadpan stance save for a slight twitch in her left eye. "Harley, you go!"

Ali laughed. "Nidoran, Double Kick!" she commanded.

"Harley, Tackle!" Danica shouted in response.

Both Pokémon engaged in a small brawl, with the Nidoran ♀ kicking Harley and the latter charging at the foe and the latter tackling it. Ali told her Nidoran to attack with Poison Sting, which was no good news for Danica. Danica told Harley to attack with another Tackle, and he managed to strike after enduring the venomous move. This is no good... I need to strike, and fast! Put it out! I know!

"Harley, charge and attack again! And give it all you got!"

Ali chuckled, however her smile wore off after seeing the goat-like Pokémon charge at Nidoran as if he was in a reckless frenzy, and hit the small blue Pokémon with the horns, sending it flying off the bridge and into the water.

"Unbelievable!" she said, recalling her Pokémon "That's not fair!"

Ali was out of usable Pokémon. Danica had won this battle. "Now. Move." she demanded, however someone appeared from behind them.

"Having some trouble, guys?" he said. He looked almost like a boy-scout, except that his clothes were all messy and ragged. The newcomer turned to Danica. "Wow... Impressive. You managed to beat Ali!"

"Hey!" Timmy exclained, looking at his gang-mate angrily.

"Let me finish! You managed to beat Ali AND Timmy in a row. You must be a good trainer!" he said.

"..."

"But you ain't getting past thr bridge unless you defeat ME in a battle." he said, "I'm a lot tougher than these guys over here."

"Shut up and battle already, Ethan!" Ali barked. Ethan smirked.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road! Psyduck, go!"

"Harley, you're up!" Danica said. However, to her dismay, Harley was not in a very good condition to battle. The reckless attack had given him some recoil damage, and, what was worse, he was poisoned. She had the type advantage over the foe, but the foe was at full health! Who will win? Find out in the next epi-I mean post!

HARLEY learned TAKE DOWN!

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Cerulean Cape
cerlcape_zpsxkosdq5h.png

Spoiler:

To the north of Nugget Bridge lies a rough mountain range, so historically most travelers choose to go on Eastwards. There is a windy, grassy path leading down to the sea and Cerulean Cape. It is the northeastern-most point in the region of Kanto. The awesome mansion called the Sea Cottage is home to the famous pokémon collector simply known as Bill, and the big lighthouse is considered the most well crafted and beautiful old building in Kanto. There is also a pokémon center, a few tourist shops and restaurants, as it is a popular spot for Trainers and tourists alike. Many couples consider it a prime dating spot and the beach is always well visited in the warmer months.

Trainers usually encountered here include swimmers (on the beach), collectors and tourists.

Wild pokémon:
043.png
044.png
069.png
070.png
063.png

048.png
060.png
098.png
669.png
415.png

287.png
427.png
627.png
120.png

Special pokémon:
Once you have resurrected a fossil pokémon (one from Mt Moon), you can come back here and trade one with Bill for an Eevee.
133.png

Circuit

Years
Zakk Steuermann ¦ Chapter 4 ¦ The Journey Begins

Zakk's current team:
371.png

Zakk ran over to Bagon and pulled him up grinning.
"You were amazing Bagon! Good job!" Zakk hugged Bagon who also seemed pleased, in a very tired manner. Brock walked over to Zakk, smiling.

"You both fought very well. It was good to see you develop your skills during battle Zakk, and I very much enjoyed seeing how you and Bagon work together as a team, anticipating each other and putting your full trust in one another. That is how it should be between and trainer and their Pokémon, and your bond together overcame the bond I share with my Pokémon." Brock put his hand on Zakk's shoulder. "You have what it takes to go a long way, perhaps even to the Pokémon Indigo League. There is something I see in you, or perhaps I would be better saying that I don't see. You lack a predetermined style, something that clearly defines who you are. Obviously you and your Bagon have a close history together, but you don't know it, am I right?" Brock asked, a serious but kind tone in his voice. Zakk nodded.

"I lost my memories, and am a long way from home. I came from the Hoenn region, and I can't remember anything about my past since I was really young." Zakk explained. Brocked nodded in understanding, as if this only confired what he'd already suspected. His response uplifted Zakk and gave him a new sense of direction that he'd sorely craved since waking.

"This land is large, and it holds many secrets to those with the eye and wit to find them. You have both, I believe. Travel from here to Cerulean City, and make haste. Once you get there, talk to the gym leader there, Misty. There has recently been a few problems involving a gang of criminals called Team Rocket. You are the one who was found unconscious, correct?" Again Zakk nodded. "Then they may have something to do with your appearance here. Almost every crime involves them somehow." Zakk nodded again, filled with determination knowing that someone may have the answers he longed for. Brock wasn't finished, but now spoke with more vigour.

"Zakk! In our battle you not only demonstrated how you are willing to improve and become stronger yourself, but also showed me the strength of the bond you are capable of between you and your Pokémon. I want you to have this, the Boulder Badge!" Brock held out a box containing a hexagonal grey badge, along with seven more empty slots. "That badge shows that you have the strength to endure life's hardships, and that you and your Pokémon are able to come out on top, even when things look bad. And also take this!" He pulled out a TM case and display which contained a single cd, or TM. "That is a Technical Machine, or TM for short. You can use it to teach your Pokémon a new move. The TM I give to you is Rock Tomb. It entraps the opponent in a wall of rock and crushes them, which also slows them down a bit. There is space for you to stay with me tonight, since it is now late, and you shouldn't travel alone in the dark when wild Pokémon are sleeping."

Zakk followed Brock to his home. Brock showed him to a spare room, gave Zakk food and drink and headed to bed, already exhausted and needing to be ready for challenges the following day. Zakk ate, giving some of his food to Bagon who seemed hungrier than Zakk felt. Also feeling very drained Still buzzing about his victory earlier, Zakk's mind wandered towards the flashback he'd had upon seeing the man's face. It had definitely been a memory, of that Zakk was certain. Zakk remembered the Syringe, and worried about what it contained. Suddenly, Zakk's head pounded and he curled up in pain, another image flashing before him.

Bagon was locked in a cage, and the man in the white coat held the same blue syringe. Bagon cried out in fear and struggled to get out, but to no avail. The man in white coat reached out to Bagon, before Zakk snapped back to his room. He was panting, and covered in sweat. He laid back and breathed out heavily. Bagon was still curled asleep, oblivious. Wanting to cool down, Zakk mvoed quietly to the bathroom. Looking into the mirror, his eyes were a strange colour. They remained the usual bright green, but now there were light blue streaks, the same colour as the liquid, tracing the veins in his eyes. They also extended into and through his irises. Zakk suddenly felt very cold and afraid. The injections must have had some effect, for this to happen when he remembered them. Zakk hurried back to bed, eager to move on to quickly solve this mystery and find out exactly what had happened to him and Bagon.

The next morning, Zakk awoke and readied himself for his upcoming journey. Bagon seemed eager to move on too, having been motivated by defeating Brock the day before. Upon entering the kitchen, Zakk found a small note left by Brock for him.
Zakk, I wish you well on your adventure. As a gym leader it is my duty to look out for all trainers who may need my help, so I have left my Holo Caster details for you. Take care, and I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
Zakk smiled and wrote a small 'Thank You' note in return, after adding Brock's number to his Holo Caster. Zakk hoisted his rucksack and left Brock's, heading towards Route 3. On the way, Zakk saw people running about their daily lives, each with their own set of memories and personalities, something Zakk craved. Zakk reached the edge of Pewter City, and looked down at Bagon, who hopped from foot to foot, eager to be out in the open again. Zakk adjusted his rucksack and stepped forwards, heading towards both his future and his past.

The route was very forested and felt refreshing. Zakk smiled as Bagon ran off ahead to play in the grass and climb trees. The pair had been walking for about an hour and the sun was creeping higher into the sky. Bagon jumped into a slightly longer patch of grass, and let out a cry as he stumbled across a bunch of wild Shinx. Zakk rushed over, to see that a group of five Shinx were fighting one another. But one Shinx was smaller than the others, and was particularly picked on. Bagon and Zakk instinctively moved together.
"Bagon. Ember." And Bagon moved to cover the smaller Shinx, scaring away the bigger four. The smaller Shinx turned to Zakk and Bagon, realising it wasn't being attacked. But instead of becoming friendly, it instantly attacked Bagon trying to defend itself. Shinx attacked by shooting a barrage of small stars towards Bagon. Bagon cried out and tried to cover itself. Zakk realised that he and Bagon would have to battle to get through to the Shinx that they were friends.

A coordinated pair against a frightened wild Shinx. This battle would be a lot easier than the battle against Brock had been, but Zakk wasn't trying to simply defeat the poor Shinx. Zakk waited until Shinx attacked Bagon again.
"Bagon, respond with Ember!" And Bagon did so, immediately understanding the plan Zakk had. Bagon held back his Ember, only attacking to push the Shinx's attack away. Shinx kept on attacking and Bagon kept holding back. This continued until Shinx no longer seemed frightened of Bagon, but more confused by it's less aggressive battle style. But Zakk and Bagon didn't stop, Zakk needed Shinx to understand that they wouldn't hurt it. To do this, Zakk switched strategy.
"Bagon, when Shinx next attacks, hit it softer with a Headbutt." Bagon did just that, and Shinx looked at Bagon funny, then at Zakk. It attacked again, and Bagon hit it softer still. This continued until Zakk noticed Shinx's stance changed, become more open, more inquisitive. It jumped backwards, and Bagon knew without being told this was the time to battle for real. Shinx attacked with Swift, and Bagon responded upon Zakk's command with a full power Ember. Shinx was surprised by the power, but continued regardless. Shinx charged at Bagon, electrifying itself, the Spark attack charging up.
"Bagon, Headbutt." The two clashed head-on, and Shinx was knocked backwards more than Bagon. Shinx began to pant, but it had an eager look in its eye, that wanted to keep battling. So they did, until Shinx began to struggle to stand up. "Bagon, that's enough." Bagon stepped backwards and Zakk pulled a Pokéball from his rucksack. He threw it towards Shinx, and a red beam extended around Shinx, pulling it into the ball.

The Pokéball rocked once. Twice. Thrice...

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
No Time pt1

Delta
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Delta's feet had never carried him so fast in his life. He had made it from his Hotel to Nugget bridge in a matter of seconds, but know he was stood frozen in place as he stared at the scene in front of him. "You'll have to battle us if you want through!" The trainers on the bridge were grinning. I don't have time! Delta pouted pulling a Pokéballs from his belt. "Pigeotto Go!" The first trainer shouted, a blue and red Pokéball Delta recognized as a great ball flying from his hands. The ball snapped open and released the Pokémon which seemed to sneer at Delta.

Hope! Come out and use Thundershock! Delta growled, releasing the little blue feline. The bird keeper chuckled. "Don't think a type advantage will secure you a win. Pigeotto Whirlwind!" The bird flapped it's wings and Hope flew back into her Pokéball. Out of nowhere Riley's Pokéball snapped open and the examination Pokémon was released. "Whirlwind switches your opponents Pokémon, akin to roar. Now Pigeotto! Use wing attack!" The bird keeper exclained. Riley! Dodge it and use Dragon Pulse! Delta exclaimed. The speedy blue Pokémon skillfully avoided the razor sharp feathers that the Pidgeotto delivered, then let out a scream that manifested itself into a beam of purplish energy that smashed into the bird mid-flight. "Pidgeotto!" The bird keeper gasped as his Pokémon began to descend rapidly. The wooden bridge shuddered from the impact. "Pigeotto?!!" The trainer asked once again, the bird keepers voice wavering. Suddenly in a blur of feathers the Pokémon was back in the air. "Allright!" The trainer cheered happily. Not bad... Haha! Alright Riley, Come back! Delta exclaimed. In a flash of light Riley was replaced by the recently obtained Slowpoke. "Slooooow?" The Pokémon yawned. "Acrobatics!" The trainer replied. Stop it with Confusion! Delta ordered. The Pidgeotto flew towards the Slowpoke at near incomprehensible speeds, but before it could touch the dopey pink Pokémon, it began to convulse in the air. This caused it to fall to the ground in a writhing pile of feathers. "Okay! Okay! You won..."

Circuit

Years
Zakk Steuermann ¦ Chapter 5 ¦ Ancient Pokémon Part 1

Zakk's current team:
371.png
403.png

The Pokéball clicked shut! Zakk punched the air in success and Bagon let out a small cry of success. Moving over to the Pokéball, Zakk picked it up and held it to his chest. After a moment, Zakk threw the Pokéball in the air, the Pokéball releasing the newly befriended Shinx through it's red beam. Shinx shook itself, but still seemed wobbly, still tired from the battle. Zakk knelt down to Shinx and patted its head. Shinx still seemed a litte unsure, so Zakk pulled a potion and sprayed it upon the Shinx's wounds. Bagon trotted over to say hello as well. When Shinx was refreshed, Zakk stroked Shinx again. He picked it up and checked the Shinx to ensure it was healthy. Upon closer examination Zakk found that the Shinx was female, which was a little surprising. Zakk had presumed she would be a male, due to the fact that she was being bullied. It was rare that a female Pokémon should be bullied. Zakk plopped Shinx down, who didn't seem to happy being handled yet. Zakk pet her head again and smiled. "Hey there little Shinx. I'm Zakk, and this here is Bagon, my first partner since long ago. You'll have to keep an eye on him, he's a little thick-headed sometimes." Bagon promptly gave Zakk a sharp Headbutt. Zakk rubbed his arm, grinning. Standing, Zakk looked down at the two Pokémon at his feet. Bagon ran off ahead, giving little cries that seemed to goad Shinx into chasing him. She did, and Zakk strolled along after them, taking in the slights this road gave.

It was some time before the scenery changed, but when it did the grass began to thin, and the trees became more and more sparse. Ahead loomed a mountain, Mt. Moon Zakk remembered from the map. Although it was now visible, the size of the mountain distorted Zakk's perception, and it took a day of the wooded road becoming a jagged valley to finally reach a small clearing, in which stood a lone Pokémon Center. Bagon and Shinx reached the wall of the Pokémon Center first, and both sank down, exhausted. Zakk walked up to the doors, his feet also sore from a day of trekking through a wood and a valley. Zakk looked up to the sky, admiring the stars which shone brightly with no light pollution to distort them. Zakk motioned to the pair to come inside. The Pokémon Center was the same inside as the previous, but the people inside were different; others who had also taken this path or come through the mountain, and now needed to rest. Zakk walked up to the Nurse Joy at the main desk. She looked up and smiled at him.
"Will you be needing a spare room tonight as well?" She asked politely. Zakk shook his head before responding.
"No, thank you, but these two," Zakk motioned to Bagon and Shinx, "are exhausted, and I'd like to give them a little food more substantial than what I currently have." Zakk explained. The Nurse Joy nodded and shuffled through a door behind her chair. She came back promptly with two bowls of steaming Pokémon food. Zakk thought it looked quite tasty, then remembered his own hunger. He thanked the Nurse Joy, took the bowls of food and walked back outside. It wasn't cold, and the air was still. Zakk quickly set up his tent and sat down with the two Pokémon. They were happily munching on their food, and Zakk needed to give himself something to eat as well. He pulled out a fire-starter kit from his rucksack, which he'd bought back in the Pokémart. He started a small fire following the instructions, and pulled out a small pan. He added water, some vegetables and Tofu, and boiled them all together. After a few minutes, Zakk added a few spices, some salt and pepper, and left the stew to simmer until it began to smell good. By this point the Pokémon had finished their food and lent against one another, their bellies bulging slightly. Zakk poured some stew into a bowl and began to eat, finally.

In the distance Zakk could see Pewter City glimmering faintly above the trees. He finished and re-filled his bowl, looking up to the sky whilst he ate. One of the Pokémon shuffled a little with a small grumble, and then Zakk noticed they were both asleep. It was understandable why, when the fire was such a comfortable warmth and the air so still. Zakk felt like sleeping too, so he picked up both Pokémon, which was a struggle, and carried them inside the tent. Zakk put the fire out, collected his things and retreated to the tent.

The next morning Zakk awoke to the scuffling of the tent cover, and found Shinx pawing at the entrance. Zakk unzipped it and she bounded out, scurrying off. Zakk had a good idea why. Bagon was already awake too, but still sleepy faced and tired. Zakk stretched and dressed. He stepped outside and folded up his tent and packed away his things. Ready to move on, Zakk returned the bowls to the Pokémon Center and walked towards a cave entrance in the side of Mt. Moon. But outside the cave entrance Zakk noticed a man advertising something. Upon closer inspection the man was selling a Magikarp. Zakk became angry, and the emotions of Shinx and Bagon matched his own. Zakk stormed up to the man, who turned to him.
"Why hello there sir, may I interest you in this fine specimen of a-" Zakk cut him off before he could finish.
"NO! And you release those Pokémon right now! They are not items to be bought and sold! They have an immeasurable amount of intelligence and understanding, and you're selling them like plastic dolls!" The man looked shocked, and beneath his moustache he frowned a little. Then he smirked, looking down at Zakk's Pokémon.
"How's about you battle me then? If you win I'll release these Pokémon, and if I win, I get your Pokémon to sell." Zakk scowled, looking down at Bagon and Shinx. Shinx pawed Zakk's leg, angry. Zakk nodded.
"Fine by us, we won't lose."

The pair found a suitable spot, but Zakk quickly noticed this was becoming a new form of advertising as people travelling in and out of the mountain gathered round. Zakk suddenly felt anxious, but pushed it down, his angry at the man taking over again. Zakk looked at Shinx, who stepped forwards.
"Go Magikarp!" The man cried with glee. "Watch closely folks, and get a first hand view of what these babies can do!" Zakk felt himself turning red, but he understood typings, and this man was crazy if he thought he could win.

Needless to say, upon the third Magikarp's defeat, the crowd began to boo the man, and Zakk called Shinx back.
"Release those Pokémon now!" Zakk yelled. The crowd took Zakk's side and the man panicked. He threw his Pokéballs in the air, releasing three Magikarp to flop around on the ground and let the balls smash.
"See ya sucker!" He shouted and as he fled, Zakk noticed his back t-shirt and the big red 'R' in the middle. Zakk wondered if that could be a member of the criminal group Brock mentioned. The Magikarp were rescued by three people from the built up crowd. Zakk thanked each of them and made his way towards Mt. Moon. A man approached Zakk before he could enter. He wore sunglasses and his face was mostly covered, so Zakk could barely see his face. The man simply whispered in Zakk's ear.
"Be careful which path you choose to follow. People are watching you with great... Interest." Before Zakk could react the man was gone, like dust in the wind. Who was watching him? And why should he be careful, what could happen? Zakk moved on quickly, taking his mind away from the ominous passing man and onto the cave and the journey before him.

Inside the cave was dark and damp, and Zakk could hear many wild Pokémon inside. After lighting a lantern, Zakk began to move forwards, but the cave seemed quite empty, compared to what he'd expected. He withdrew Shinx and Bagon into their Pokéballs, afraid of losing them, and journeyed deeper. Deep within the cave however was just as empty as the shallower part. Despite the emptiness, Zakk could still hear many wild Pokémon fluttering around above his head, and scuffling along the floor. Underground streams flowed around Zakk, causing a cold humidity that he wasn't overly fond of. The ground rumbled occasionally, like something very large was moving deep beneath him. Zakk shuddered. The thought of something so big was unnerving. The signs in the mountain directed Zakk easily through the mountain, and he would be glad to get out.

Then suddenly a loud explosion erupted through the mountain, shaking the floor and ceiling. Rocks began to fall from the ceiling, and as Zakk looked up, he could see a large one falling straight towards him.

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
The Nugget Bridge Gang! Vs. Ethan!

Previously, Danica had defeated two trainers from a certain Nugget Bridge Gang. The battles were not particularly easy, and as she faced the third Trainer, she was down to two Pokémon; furthermore, one Pokémon was poisoned and worn out from the previous battle, and the other one was a bit of a rebel. But she had to beat this guy if she was to continue north to Cerulean Cape, where she would train to defeat the local Gym Leader.

Danica started off with a Razor Leaf from Harley, while Ethan's Psyduck countered with Disable. Now unable to use that move again, and with Harley's health dwindling due to poison, Danica called out for a drastic measure: Leech Seed. While it hit the foe and drained a little bit of energy, a Scratch from Psyduck left Harley in a more critical condition. Danica commanded a Vine Whip, however Psyduck managed to dodge it and land another Scratch attack, overcoming the type disafvantage and leaving Danica with her last Pokémon: Quinn.

Taking a deep breath, Danica recalled her Pokémon, and sent out Quinn, who just sort of... relaxed. She looked at her trainer vacantly, to the blue-haired girl's dismay. Ethan smirked. "You know, it's not too late to back down and pay the toll. And for trying to mess with us, the price will be $7,500!" he said, "And that's because you're tough! Otherwise you'd be paying up ten grand! It's a bargain!"

"..." Danica said, glaring at the boy.

"Oh, so you're gonna be that way anyway. Okay." he said, "You lose, and it's ten grand! Psyduck, Fury Swipes!"

"Quinn, use Confusion!"

The Slowpoke didn't seem to even feel the Psyduck's claws against her skin, and instead yawned, burping out a pink bubble that popped against the foe's beak, making it drowsy. More energy was sapped from the yellow duck, and Quinn felt as if nothing had happened. Ethan, however, managed to land a powerful Scratch on Quinn's face before it fell asleep, and Quinn then got angry. With a Confusion, she hurled Psyduck against the side of the bridge violently, effectively knocking it out. Impressed by the Slowpoke's power, Ethan recalled his fianted Pokémon and sent out a Mankey.

"One last chance! Just give us seven grand and we'll let you go quietly!"

"...Quinn. Use Confusion." Danica replied, coldly.

But the Slowpoke ignored her orders and just shrugged of the rage she was feeling and stood idly. Ethan smirked. "Ten grand it is, then! Hahaha! Mankey, use Seismic Toss!"

Mankey grabbed Slowpoke and leaped forward in the air. After the seemingly impossible feat considering both Pokémon's sizes and weight, Mankey began to spin cin circles as gravity did its work, and both Pokémon collided against the bridge, with Slowpoke taking the full force of the impact. The floor of the bridge was damaged, but the structure luckily was strong enough to keep it from sinking into the river. Now Quinn was about to go into another blind rage. Why? Was it too much to ask for a little time to relax? First this weird blue-haired girl interrupts her leisure time, then she forces her to come along, then she makes her battle and now these foes do these kinds of things?

Her eyes began to glow as she used Confusion again on Mankey, and violently slammed it against both sides of the bridge. The tired Mankey managed to endure everything, but went on a blind rage as well. Completely ignoring its trainer's commands, it used Fury Swipes on Quinn, while a Tackle from Quinn sent it back some steps. Then, as it leaped forward to attack with Scratch, Quinn used another Confusion to hurl it up in the air, and the small Pig Monkey Pokémon managed to land on the side of the bridge, clinging into it with its arm to avoid falling into the river.

"Tch! Fine! You win!" Ethan said, "But this isn't over! Guys, let's roll!"

Both Alice and Timmy followed Ethan up north, without saying a word to the blue-haired girl. With a sigh and rolling her eyes, she sent Quinn inside her Pokéball. Glad that's over with... She didn't have time to think what to do next when a shady man came from out of nowhere, clapping. Jeez... What now?

"Bravo. You did an incredible thing here." the man said. He had a black beret, a pair of ripped jeans, a black shirt with a brown leather jacket over it, and had a cigarette on his mouth that he had apparently just lit up. "You're a strong trainer, no doubt. And we could use more people like you!"

"...Excuse me?"

"Yes. The Nugget Bridge Gang could use some strong people like you! With your abilities, you could become one of the leaders there, no doubt!" he said and chuckled, "And perhaps you could be a part of something even bigger! You'll be rich, what do you say?"

"...No, thanks." she said coldly, "Now, I gotta go."

"Not so fast, lass!" the man said, "One does not simply turn down an offer like this! I'm telling you to join us!"

"I said no." Danica said, her deadpan voice gaining a hint of irritation, "Now. Let me go!"

"Well, seems like you need a little bit of convincing!" he said, taking out two Pokéballs, "Now, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse! Zubat! Drowzee! Come out!"

Danica's eyes opened wide and she began to turn pale. Out in the distance, a boy with dark green hair was passing by when he saw this man harassing the blue-haired girl from before. His Pokémon had just been healed, and he figured it was time to go and be a hero, but he would wait until it was absolutely certain that this girl could not handle the thug.

Years
8RsK8Hk.png

Tasman Bailey
A Pleasant Day by the Sea
418.png
017.png
033.png
403.png

Tasman moved forward out of the small, grassy route joining Cerulean City with the nearby cape with a smile on his face. The rest of his walk had been pleasant without a single gang of any description showing their faces and the sight that greeted him as he left the route was a beautiful one. The uppermost part of the cape was covered in soft and luscious grass with resorts, restaurants and the like standing close to one another – further up the large a cape a large house and lighthouse stood apart from the commercialised part of the cape, relics of an age passed. The lower part of the cape was a pristine beach, waves from the calm sea splashing onto the soft golden sand as children and adults alike enjoyed their time in the sun. Pokemon of varying shapes, sizes and types could be seen frolicking in areas apart from the resorts.

"No wonder this place is so popular, it incredible" Tasman said to himself, eyeing of the buildings on the edge of the cape "I just hope it doesn't get any more popular… if another of those big hotels pops up it will be one too many."

Tasman, noting a rumbling in his stomach, immediately chose to eat at a small café close to the beach. The little building was a lot more quaint and inviting than the larger establishments and had a pleasant atmosphere.
"Can I help you, sir?" a young woman in the café's uniform said to Tasman in a voice that surprisingly sounded genuinely polite
"I don't know about sir, but I'll have the custap tea and one of those brownies" Tasman said, grinning at the waitress.

It wasn't long until Tasman was sitting at a table overlooking the beach, watching a group of children play with what he was fairly sure was an unusually friendly wild Krabby as he enjoyed his lunch.
"I suppose they're used to all the people here" Tasman said to himself as he sipped at the sweet tea he ordered. Watching the water-type made him consider looking for more pokemon, but that wasn't really his style. If he saw a pokemon he wanted to catch he'd do so, but he was perfectly content with the friends he already had with him and didn't see any reason to go hunting for no reason.

It was shaping up to be a really good day for Tasman, he'd made a great new friend, won a tournament, was having a pleasant day at the cape and had Clarity's and his gym battles to look forward to in the afternoon. Despite that though, the numerous couples filling out the café and burying their faces into things that were not their food was getting to be a bit much so he decided to make the change and move onto the beach to write down some more ideas in his notepad.

"This place is great for inspiration…" Tasman yawned, soaking up the sun as he wrote, his pokemon now gallivanting about around him bar Dalair who was sleeping at his feet. Five minutes later he'd fallen asleep….

Tasman awoke about two hours later to a hard jab to his chest, his eyes flying open with shock and Majesta flapping her wings quickly to avoid being knocked into the sand.
"What the…. Oh no" the tide was starting to move in as the sun moved through the sky. It seemed Majesta had woken him up and with good reasons. Tasman apologised and quickly returned his pokemon to the confines of their pokeballs.
I'll be lucky not to miss Clarity's battle! Not good!"

Bag_Plume_Fossil_Sprite.png

Circuit

Years
Zakk Steuermann ¦ Chapter 6 ¦ Ancient Pokémon Part 2

Zakk's current team:
371.png
403.png

Zakk ducked down and turned away from the rock. It seemed this was as far as he could get.
"Onix, Rock Smash!" A voice called out behind Zakk. The giant rock snake Pokémon reared up and shattered the boulder falling towards Zakk. Zakk quickly looked around and found a small alcove, where the man he'd heard previously stood. The man recalled his Onix as Zakk scurried over, his head beneath his hands. Zakk stood to catch his breath for a moment, before offering his thanks to the man, who simply shook his head modestly.
"Don't mention it. I'm Ace, by the way." The man said, and held out his hand. Zakk had to catch his breath for a few moments more before shaking it.
"Zakk" His voice shakily let out. The two stood for a few more seconds until the avalanche settled down.
"What do you suppose could have caused that?" Ace asked, scratching his head. Zakk shrugged, creeping out from the alcove, and looked around. Zakk came to the edge of a cliff that extended a long way down. There was a light down there, but Zakk couldn't make out anything, other than something very large standing quite still.
"Over here." Zakk called to Ace, who trotted over.
"Woah dude, that's a long way down!" Zakk nodded in agreement, then looked at Ace.
"We should do something and find out what that is. That is very dangerous." Zakk suggested. Ace turned to Zakk as if he was mad.
"Sorry buddy, but I have to see my relatives in Pewter City! I'm not going to risk following a stranger into a dangerous place. Good luck if you go though!" And with that, Ace walked off, Zakk watching his back disappear. Zakk waited a few moments, then began to search for a way down towards the lights. It wasn't hard to find a ladder that took him down. As Zakk descended, he noticed that the cave gradually became colder, and walls increasingly damp.

Upon reaching the bottom of the ladder, Zakk found himself among some narrow passageways that circled around each other and looked as though someone had been mining the walls for something. Zakk turned a corner and almost crashed into two men shady figures walking the other way.
"Hey!" Called the first.
"Watch it mate!" Called the second. Zakk scratched his head in embarrassment, before noticing the large red 'R' on their uniforms. The two men observed Zakk for a second, before realising he wasn't one of them. The two men were quite weedy in appearance, and seemed almost rodent like in demeanour. "Hey, this guy isn't Team Rocket! He's a lost little birdy, fallen from the nest." The second grunt sneered. Zakk felt his temper rising.
"What are you doing down here?" Zakk asked. The grunts laughed.
"We could ask you the same! Besides, we don't have to tell you nothing!" The first one jabbed. Zakk tilted his head slightly.
"So you have to tell me something then." Zakk remarked. The grunts looked puzzled, and then angry.
"Alright kid, we've had just about enough of you. Prepare to feel pain!" The second one growled and pulled a Pokéball from his waist. He threw it in the air and out came a small rat Pokémon; Ratata. Zakk called out Shinx, sensing the perfect opportunity for more practise.

It didn't take long for Shinx to defeat both Rocket grunts, as both only had a weak Ratata which matched their appearances. Zakk stepped up to the now intimidated grunts.
"What are doing down here?" Zakk asked, the anger in his voice very present.
"We-we're mining fossils!" The first called.
"Why?" Zakk leaned in slightly closer.
"We need them to add to Team Rocket's-" The first began to answer again, before the second cut him off.
"We can't tell him that, we need to get to Proton and tell him about this brat!" The two then proceeded to scuttle off down the narrow passageway, before Zakk could interrogate them further. It seemed to Zakk then, that the only option was to move forward and find out what was going on on first hand.

After a short walk through the damp, dark passageway Zakk stumbled into a wide, open area, shaped like a dome. It was incredibly large, a path circling around the edge sloping down the bottom, a long way down. Zakk could see many figures moving about, some wearing black Team Rocket uniforms, and some in white outfits that he presumed to be scientists of some sort. Zakk began to walk down the slope towards the bottom taking note of the holes in the wall, and the incredibly large drill in the centre of the pit. As Zakk got lower Zakk could make out a group of scientists standing by the drill, looking at a computer screen and discussing something avidly amongst themselves, whilst the Team Rocket grunts scurried around, carrying what looked like Pokémon bones to and fro. In the centre of the pit Zakk could see the two grunts from before talking to a Team Rocket member in a black uniform, with knee high white boots, and long white gloves. He was clearly the one in charge of this operation. Zakk didn't take long to put two and two together, and stormed up to the boss, who was already watching him with an amused expression on his face.
"What have we here? A lone ant that has lost its way. I presume you didn't see the signs saying keep away?" The boss said, quite sarcastically.
"No, I managed to miss those." Zakk replied, nonchalantly. "What exactly do you think you're doing here? This is a danger to the people trying to pass the mountain above you, and is disturbing all the Pokémon that call this mountain home!" Zakk became louder and louder as he shouted at the boss, who simply raised an eyebrow at Zakk.
"Why do I get the feeling I know you from somewhere?" He asked, absent-mindedly. "No matter. My name is Proton, and you appear to be an ant who has strayed too far from the nest. So, let me show you what happens to ants who stray too far away, and disobey their queen's orders! Go Zubat!" Proton cried, and out of a Pokéball whipped into the air came a purple bat-like Pokémon.
"Fine. Come on out, Shinx!" Shinx appeared eager to fight, sensing Zakk's frustration and anger. Although Shinx has a type advantage, we must be careful. Zubat can fly around and out-manoeuvre us. Zakk thought. He looked around quickly, and found a stack of crates that could be used to get up high, and attack Zubat from there. "Alright Shinx start with Swift!" Zakk called, and Shinx obeyed, using the move to batter the Zubat with stars. But it was tough, and took the attack lightly. Zakk could see this being a tough match.
"Zubat, use Wing Attack!" Proton called, and Zubat flew in, attempting to batter Shinx with its wings.
"Dodge left Shinx!" Shinx did so, barely avoiding the Zubat's attack.
"Now Zubat use Leech Life!" Zubat bit down on Shinx, absorbing some of Shinx's energy.
"Shinx, Spark!" Shinx charged herself, and attempted to batter the Zubat, but it flew high, causing Shinx's attack to miss. "Shinx, run around to those crates!" Zakk called. Shinx did so, dodging another attack from Zubat along the way.
"Zubat, hit it with Wing Attack now!" Proton called. Zubat battered Shinx again, who responded with a Tail Whip, followed by a Tackle. Shinx then managed to climb the crates, before Zubat responded. "Zubat, Supersonic!" Called Proton. The Zubat screeched a strange, disorientating tone that confused Shinx.
"Shinx, Spark!" Zakked called out, realising what was happening too late. Shinx tried to use the move, but fell off the crates instead, hurting itself. Proton smirked, and Zakk cursed. Shinx wobbled trying to stand, and Zubat battered her with another Wing Attack. Shinx looked very tired, but Zakk knew that with the type advantage Shinx held, it would only take one strong hit with Spark to end it. He had to snap Shinx out of her confusion. Zakk threw her Pokéball and recalled Shinx, barely avoiding the Zubat's attack, before sending her back out in front of him. The Zubat charged at Shinx, and Zakk commanded her to use Spark. She did so, and hit the Zubat full on, knocking it backwards and out of the battle. Proton growled, recalling Zubat, and sent out Koffing to replace it. Zakk recalled Shinx after petting her and congratulating her, and sent out Bagon in her place. Bagon was also eager to fight, and began the fight without a command from Zakk. He tried to attack with a Headbutt to start but when Koffing rose above him to avoid it, he turned and blasted Koffing with an Ember. Koffing responded with a Smokescreen.
"Now Koffing, use Poison Gas." Proton called out, and a heavy purple gas mixed with the black Smokescreen which would surely poison Bagon.
"Bagon, Hydro Pump!" Zakk called in response, and Bagon did so, blasting away the smoke, and hitting Koffing too. Koffing used Tackle, and Bagon recoiled, and returned the hit with a well-placed Headbutt which knocked out the Koffing. Zakk congratulated Bagon, before Proton sent out his final Pokémon, Archen.
"Time to see what these fossils can actually do for Team Rocket. Archen, use Wing Attack!" Proton began. The ancient bird Pokémon moved quickly, and hit Bagon before he could respond, knocking him backwards. He got up, and fired an Ember attack at Archen, who dodged it with ease. "Archen, now use Ancient Power!" Proton ordered, angry at Zakk's success so far. Archen did so, but Bagon managed to avoid it, before the thrown rocks hit him.
"Bagon, try another Ember!" Zakk called. Bagon did so, but again the Archen dodged with ease. Archen then used Scary Face as Bagon was repositioning and slowed him down. It then took the opportunity to hit him with a Rock Throw. Bagon was beginning to get more and more out-matched, panting harder and harder with each new development. Zakk cursed. They couldn't lose here, it wasn't an option.

Archen flew in for another Wing Attack, landing it spot on, sending Bagon flying back. He struggled to get up again. Zakk saw the Archen flying in for what appeared to be a finishing blow. He couldn't let that happen. Not here, not now. The Archen got closer and closer, and Zakk panicked and cried out.
"Bagon!"

Zakk jumped forwards and used Headbutt, knocking the Archen backwards, stopping its attack. While it recovered, Zakk used a Dragon Dance to gain some extra power and speed, and dashed around the Archen, towards the drill. Upon reaching the drill, Zakk noticed the Archen had recovered, and quickly began to climb the drill. The Archen tried to use Ancient Power against him, but Zakk was too high, the rocks just missing his stumpy legs. Zakk climbed a little more, then turned and charged a Hydro Pump, releasing the torrent of water from his wide jaws. In his field of view Zakk's big grey nose stuck out, but he could still see the Archen blasted by the torrent of water. Another Dragon Dance followed to quickly power Zakk up some more. As Archen tried once more to attack Zakk, Zakk jumped, spinning in mid air charging a Headbutt and slamming the Archen hard on the way down. The Archen crashed heavily into the floor, and Zakk landed on his feet, before collapsing, tired.

Zakk suddenly returned to his own body and shook his head, dizzy. What the hell was that? He thought, his head pounding. Proton was staring at him, his eyes wide with shock.
"Yes... I remember where I've seen you before. You were in the Rocket Labs... You were the test subject we had to abandon!" Proton let out, astounded. "What a coincidence we should battle here. I can now inform Giovanni of these developments. He will be pleased! I'll leave here, we've collected enough fossils anyway. Team Rocket has plenty of new Pokémon to use and sell. Pack it up boys!" Zakk was too confused to even realise what was going on as Team Rocket packed away their equipment and began to head out of the mountain. They left a different way to the way Zakk had entered however. As Proton began to leave, Zakk called after him.
"Hey! You know about me... Tell me, what am I?" He asked, his head still pounding, still confused. Proton's lip curled into a smile.
"You're a huge success." And with that, he left.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

conflict.gif

Kiya Bonham
Route 3: A New Ally! Tension in Team Kiya?
Time: Night → Morning

The ball gave a "ping" noise, officially marking the Mankey's capture. Kiya put down the second ball she'd been holding and walked over to pick up the one now containing Mankey, which Champion was still staring down. She immediately held it forward and let out the Mankey. The red beam materialized the Pig Monkey Pokemon onto the ground in between the two, and after a moment of lying on the ground she got up. She glared at Champion, who glared right back, but it looked like it was done with the screeching and throwing herself at him. They stared each other down for about half a minute until Champion turned his back on her.

The Mankey didn't like this and attempted a Frustration attack again, but, like the first Scratch attack, it looked like Champion didn't even feel it. The Hitmonchan then simply began walking away, continuing towards Mt. Moon on his own. Finally, the tenacious little Mankey slumped over in defeat. Kiya crouched down and put her hand on its head. "I know. He seems almost unreachable in strength. But we'll train, and someday we'll get strong enough to beat him." The Mankey looked up at Kiya. "We can train together! Champion's my rival, but I don't see why you can't be his rival too. Actually, that's a good name for you, Rival! And hey, you can be my rival too!"

For a moment, Rival the Mankey's anger seemed to fade and she looked at Kiya with an expression the girl found rather hard to read. However, Rival then immediately delivered a Low Kick straight at Kiya's legs. The Mankey was too close for Kiya to notice the attack in time to dodge, and with a "Wah!" she tripped and landed on her back. Rival shouted victoriously. Kiya wasn't having any of that, though, and leaped right back to her feet to give Rival a kick of her own that knocked the Mankey aside and into the same tree she had hit before. "Hah! You've still got a long way to go before you can beat even me!" she shouted triumphantly with her hands proudly on her hips. "Now come on, we can't let Champion get too far ahead!"

With that, Kiya started running after Champion without bothering to look back and make sure Rival was following. She didn't need to, though, because Rival was shrieking constantly as she chased after Kiya, ready for another fight despite the savage beating she'd already taken at the hands of Champion. With that Low Kick, Rival believed she had a chance for victory against Kiya, and no matter how small, if there was any chance for victory she would not back down. Kiya was happy to be seen as a worthy opponent, and would gladly fight Rival once they reached the pokemon center. It didn't take them long to catch up to Champion, who had abandoned the race and was walking, and after returning Rival to her pokeball (Kiya didn't think Rival would be able to put up a fair fight in her current state), they continued walking along Route 3.

***​

Kiya woke up early the next morning with her legs a bit sore from the race yesterday, but she'd grown to cherish soreness as a sign of her becoming stronger so she didn't mind it. Looking around her room at the pokemon center, she noticed it was empty despite the fact that Champion had been outside his ball beside her the night before. Rival's ball was missing as well, although Kiya knew it was probably still with the nurse. The Mankey would have to stay inside the ball until it learned enough discipline to stop challenging everything that moved. Champion's disappearance wasn't exactly an abnormality either, however, Kiya instantly got on her guard.

Master Kiyo once explained that even a martial artist was vulnerable to surprise attacks, but he also said that it was nothing that couldn't be solved with more training. Ever since that day, Kiya and Champion have been doing a training method where whichever one of them wakes up first goes and hides. At some point in the day, they are supposed to leap out and attack the other, taking them by surprise. In doing that, they condition themselves into adapting to an unexpected situation faster and thus being better at dealing with surprise attacks. It was actually something Kiya's father suggested.

After searching the entire second floor of the pokemon center and finding nothing, Kiya went down to the first where she was informed that Rival was fully healed. The nurses seemed a bit less wary of her than they did when she walked in the previous night, although they still gave her looks. That was probably because they'd been told of what happened in the Pewter pokemon center, but it didn't bother Kiya. She retrieved Rival and, after taking a quick look around the first floor of the pokemon center and seeing nothing, left.

She went on back to Route 3 and stood along the side of the road, waiting. It was a route, so it was obvious that there would be people going back and forth along it. Kiya was determined to find a challenger, and she decided that those travellers would be as good an opponent as any considering that she didn't know any of them. She adjusted the badge pinned to her top before pulling a pair of hand grips out of her bag so that the wait wasn't a waste of time.

Soon enough, a dark-skinned kid in shorts and a button-up shirt with messy hair walked past her on his way from Mt. Moon to Pewter. "You!" shouted Kiya with a finger pointed right at him. "I challenge you to a battle!" The kid glanced at the badge on Kiya's chest and his eyes grew wide.

"Uh... I'm kind of in a hurry. My pokemon are all badly hurt. Yeah, I need to get to the pokemon center and heal them quickly." He started talking a bit faster, and Kiya noticed that he was inching away as he talked. "As much as I'd love to battle you, I've gotta go so bye!" He took off running, but Kiya wasn't going to let him get away. She dropped the grips and took off after him, catching up to him in no time and grabbing him by the collar with an unshakable grip.

"I'm not that smart but even I know that there's a pokemon center like right over there!" Kiya shouted, pointing in the direction of Mt. Moon. "Now fight me!"

"Gah! Let me go, you bully! I'm a new trainer fresh out of Cerulean, I can't beat someone who took down a gym leader!" He flailed his limbs about in a vain attempt to get free. Kiya frowned at this.

"Come on, why not! If you don't fight stronger opponents, you'll never get stronger either! And either way, Champion's still missing and I just caught Rival. C'mon, you can use as many pokemon as you want, I don't care. I just want to fight!"

"Ugh, fine! Whatever, let's battle. Just let me go!" As asked, Kiya let the boy go. However, he immediately took off running again. Kiya could have caught him again easily, but she decided to ignore him this time. She wasn't sure she had the patience for a coward like him. With a sigh, she went back to the spot she'd been waiting and continued working out with the hands grips.

Time passed staggeringly slowly, the next few minutes seeming like hours to the energetic girl. It seemed that it was still too early for there to be much traffic along the route, unfortunately. After a bit, Kiya decided that her hand grips weren't enough for her to feel productive, so she prepared to do some more effective exercises such as push-ups, squats, and pull-ups on a nearby tree to name a few. First, though, she reached into her bag and pulled out the ball containing Rival (which took a few tries to find as all her pokeballs, empty or otherwise, were mixed together).

Immediately after sending her out, Rival looked at Kiya with a glint in her eye that the girl recognized. They were the eyes of someone who wanted to fight! But… "Rival, you should know you're never going to beat me or Champion if you don't do any training. When I beat you, you'll join me for some, alright?" Kiya looked at Rival with a concerned expression while the Mankey looked right back in annoyance. She supposed just fighting things again and again was training in its own way (although it still didn't do much if Rival didn't learn anything from the battles), but Kiya really wanted to teach Karate to her very own disciple and she wasn't going to let Rival ruin that by not listening to her!

"Fine then, come!" Kiya shouted and got into her stance while Rival lunged at her. Kiya easily sidestepped it and delivered a light chop at the Mankey as she did so. "I told you you wouldn't beat me," she said, a bit disappointed that Rival offered her no challenge. Rival tried a low kick this time, but Kiya dodged that as well. The Mankey shrieked in anger and leapt at Kiya's face, arms forward in an attempt to grab onto her. She didn't bother dodging it this time, doing as Champion did before and driving her fist into the pokemon's face before the attack could reach her. Rival hit the ground in the middle of the road, but was back up and ready to fight again in an instant. "You'll need to try something else if you want to get a hit in!"

Rival seemed to ignore Kiya's words, deciding to simply charge at her again. Kiya prepared to dodge, but a rustling in the trees behind her caught her attention. By the time she remembered that she was still in the middle of a fight, Rival was too close for her to dodge or wind her fist for a punch strong enough to counter the full-body attack Rival was so fond of so she held up her arms to guard, taking the hit. Rival was still pretty weak, so it didn't hurt much, but she was more concerned with the rustling.

Just as she had come up with a guess as to what it might be, Champion leapt out of the trees with his arms wide. Kiya stepped back and brought up her guard, but Champion didn't hit her directly. He clapped his hands together hard enough for a shockwave to burst from the impact and hit Kiya's face, making her flinch. Champion didn't let up, hitting her with a Mach Punch right to the gut. She was thrown back, but managed to stay on her feet. Fortunately, she'd managed to react fast enough to harden her ab muscles and resist the blow somewhat. She grinned. It seemed this repeated anti-surprise training was paying off!

Champion followed up with a quick, piston-like series of jabs in the form of Bullet Punch to the same spot, but Kiya was able to act in time to defend the area with her arms. Lowering her arms to guard left Kiya's head more vulnerable, something that Champion tried to exploit, but Kiya saw this coming and crouched down just in time to dodge a punch aimed for the side of Kiya's head. She took this chance to target Champion's weakness: his legs. She spun her leg and managed to sweep Champion's out from under him, dropping him to the ground. She quickly tried to leap onto him and land a punch while he was down, but Champion rolled out of the way and immediately got to his feet. Kiya was right on his tail, though, and unleashed her own onslaught of punches and kicks.

Rival stood on the sidelines, watching as Champion suddenly stole her opponent. She wanted to get in there and force her way back into dominance, or at least relevance, but the ensuing battle between the martial artists was far too intense for her to have any chance to. She couldn't figure out who to target, when, or how. It was a fight unlike any she had ever seen, even among the higher-leveled pokemon on Route 3, and she found herself enthralled.

Champion focused on blocking Kiya's attacks when she suddenly stopped, just for a second. She even went so far as to drop her stance, leaving her helpless in that moment. Before Champion could even think about it, Kiya reached forward and grabbed his arm, twisting it behind his back. As he struggled to shake her off, she twisted it further and began to speak. To his surprise, she sounded absolutely enraged. "What the heck was that? I know you usually go a bit easy on me, but missing such an easy opening like that? It's like you're not even trying!" As she spoke, the force she exerted on Champion's arm grew, bit by bit. "Then you just let me grab you?" Champion was silent, despite the pain. "What's wrong? Do something!"

It seemed he had no choice anymore. He tightened his arm muscles in order to better resist Kiya and began forcing his arm back to his side. Kiya did not make it easy, but eventually he'd managed to get it as far as he needed. He then jerked his body in Kiya's direction to face her and threw a sudden, upward Mach Punch that hit her square in the jaw.

Stars flashed in front of Kiya's eyes as she stumbled back, her head spinning and her vision fading. For a moment, it seemed she was going to fall back, but she planted a foot firmly behind her as support and bent her legs for stability. Champion righted himself and looked down at Kiya who was hunched over and silent, still wobbling slightly in an attempt to get her bearings. After a few seconds, she finally stood straight and looked at Champion with a wide smile. "Now that's more like it!" She turned her head to the side to spit out the bit of blood that had welled up in her mouth. Suddenly, her smile turned into a rather goofy grin. "Hehe, that was your full strength, I know it, and I didn't get knocked out this time!"

Champion stared at Kiya, a number of thoughts floating around in his head as he processed everything that had just happened. Then he stared down at his fist realizing that she was indeed still standing after taking his strongest attack at full force, which was especially shocking considering where it had hit. And then he just laughed, in the strange way pokemon did with their limited vocal ability. Kiya couldn't help but laugh alongside him.

When the two were finished, Kiya looked to Rival, who was surprisingly quiet the whole time. "This is what a fight is supposed to look like. Train with me and I bet you'll be able to go toe to toe with the two of us in no time. Okay?" Rival looked down at the ground, not belligerent for the first time since Kiya had known her. Maybe she was distressed after finally understanding the difference in their power. But when Rival lifted her head, Kiya could see that Rival wouldn't be giving up anytime soon. It was nice to see the fire in those eyes without the screeching and lunging. It looked like Kiya had finally gotten her first student!

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years

Sigurður "Sigur" Gunnarsson
Pewter City
"It's a Rocky Road, Without a Spoon."

"I'm sorry, sir, but I can't let you pass without the Boulder Badge." The man blocking Sigur's entrance to route 3 repeated with a decisive nod, voice just as steady and official as it had been the last five times he'd said pretty much the exact same thing. "It's too dangerous past this point."

"I've got a fucking Gabite!" Sigur spat in protest, one hand stuck to the side to wave towards his dragon companion - who, by the looks of it, wasn't any more amused by the situation than her trainer. "I think I can deal with all the goddamn Pidgey and Rattata out there!"

At least, Sigur assumed that Gabite were a pretty powerful species, if the kids back home constantly cooing over Bál were any indication. That, and as unreliable as her own boasts oftentimes were, she had pulled her own weight in the battles she'd participated so far. So, yeah, she might have been a total, bloodthirsty bitch - but she was a strong, bloodthirsty bitch, as far as he was concerned. He wasn't afraid of whatever oh-so-scary monsters lurked about the grass ahead.

Even so, the guard seemed hardly convinced; he merely shook his head at the teenager's words, voice the slightest bit more apologetic than before. "I'm sorry, but rules are rules. Having a strong Pokémon gives no indication of the actual prowess of the trainer. I need to see some proof that you won't die out there. Mt. Moon's no joke, lad."

Fuck you.

~​

... Is what he'd wanted to tell the guy and just force his way past, but he figured that getting arrested for assault or whatever wouldn't exactly help him out of the city.

So, only a few minutes later, here he was; standing on the opposite side of the battlefield with Brock, the high and mighty Pewter City Gym Leader. Honestly, Sigur didn't really care for this whole badge collecting bullcrap, but at the same time, he did want to get past Mt. Moon and back into what he considered "civilization." There was absolutely nothing out here, and he missed the kind of hotels the larger cities offered. Seriously, the 'room' he was offered in the Pokémon Center last night? A freaking joke. He had to spend half the night throwing a bunch of overeager Weedle out the window. Never. Fucking. Again.

And, well, he'd started this whole journey business, so he might as well finish - maybe then his peers could shut up about the whole trainer business. He wasn't into it, he wasn't good at it, he wanted to do something else. But first, this gym and access to the next city.

Well, at least Bál certainly seemed overjoyed to get a chance to test her claws against something more powerful than Viridian Forest's bugs and psycho rodents; she was staring intently at the dark-skinned trainer across the field, head proudly cocked and something akin to a grin twisting her reptilian features. Yeah, see? He had that with him, and they told him he wasn't ready for one measly mountain. Seriously?

"How many Pokémon would you like to use?" Brock asked, interrupting Sigur's angsty inner monologue. And he instantly knew the answer.

"One," he replied with practiced indifference, eying Bál. Yeah... there was no way he'd let the crazy Pikachu out of its ball anytime soon, and the fewer Pokémon he used, the faster this whole deal was over. Bál would take care of whatever was thrown at her and they'd be on their way in a second.

"Alright, then," Brock confirmed, grabbing a ball from his belt and throwing it out above the rocky arena. A flash of red light and a shout that got drowned out by the cry of the newly materialized Pokémon, and Sigur found himself facing what looked like a large rock with a face. A face and... four arms, all ending in stubby fingers now flexing as if in preparation to grab at Bál. Sigur wasn't all that knowledgeable when it came to Pokémon, so it wasn't until the creature cried out its name that he found out what it was.

"Grave... ler?" Sigur repeated, only to quickly shake his head. Ugh, okay, Gravewhatever was going down. He glanced over at Bál. "A'ight, I choose-"

"Pi-Pikachu!"

"Yeah, Pika- wait," Sigur's eyes narrowed and his head snapped to turn towards the field so fast his neck threatened to crack. Before Bál had so much as managed to take a step forward to indicate her willingness to participate in the battle, the Pikachu inside one of Sigur's Pokéballs had already taken it upon himself to make the decision for him and burst out into the arena.

"-What?!" Sigur wheezed, arms spread and voice angry as he regarded the electric type with scorn and disbelief. Pokémon could do that? Just get out of their balls whenever they felt like it? Then what the hell was the point of catching them in them in the first place?! Ugh! Like that thing hadn't caused him enough trouble already.

"What the fu-"

"The battle between the Gym Leader's Graveler and the challenger's Pikachu," he suddenly heard the referee interrupt, one arm raised.

"No, wai--"

"-- Starts!"

"Shit." This was bad. This was really freaking bad. He'd deliberately chosen to use only one Pokémon to prevent the Pikachu from participating, and now it all bit him back in the ass, and Bál was the one having to sit this one out. She was going to kill him. She was going to kill him, he could practically feel her glare on the back of his head. "It's not... my fault," he hissed with gritted teeth to her, not bothering to turn around and face her wrath head on. He could do that later. Now, he had to figure out what to do with this damn Gym Battle. Suddenly, everything fell on the shoulders of a rodent who likely hated him just as much as he hated it. Great. Amazing.

Guess he had no choice, then.

"Alright, you know what, Ratface," he groaned, nicknaming the Pikachu in passing, "Fine. I won't let you ruin this for me." He raised his arm. "Go, electrocute it!"

The Pikachu glanced behind himself, brows raised as if his trainer was speaking in tongues. Still, much to Sigur's surprise, the rodent did as it was told; body gaining a yellow glow, Ratface launched himself towards the enemy, growling as it finally collided with the Graveler. Sparks flew across the air and a loud cracking sound temporarily deafened all the trainers present. Yeah, that was the way! There was no way the Graveler would be standing after-

"... Huh?"

The dust Ratface's run had left in the air settled, and much to Sigur's shock, the Graveler seemed to be completely unfazed by the head-on attack it had received. If anything, the thing was grinning down at the panting rodent, who in turn glared daggers back up at the larger Pokémon. But how was that... possible? He'd seen how powerful that attack was before when he'd almost ended up its victim, so how was it that this thing didn't have a damn scratch?!

"Electricity is ineffective against ground," Brock informed him as if reading his mind, seemingly just as confused as he was, if for different reasons. "You... didn't know that?"

Sigur decided not to grace that with an answer. He was too busy thinking what else could the Pikachu do to the goddamn rock, if electricity was useless. Seriously, did the rat have anything else? He had no idea what its moves were - or what moves the species could learn in general. Or... you know; what Pokémon moves existed in the first place.

"Tch, fine, then just... be quick and attack it some other way!" He haphazardly instructed, and the Pikachu obeyed. Kicking itself into a run again, it circled around the Graveler blindingly fast before slamming its tail into the rock's side. There was a loud slapping sound upon impact, but although the attack seemed to be more effective than the previous one by the look on the rock type's face, it... still didn't do shit, really. All it did was leave the big fat rock scratching its big fat ass, mildly inconvenienced.

This would take a goddamn eternity.

-------------

Pokémon on Hand
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Thug Trouble! Floyd Pinkman to the Rescue!

"Quinn, use Confusion!" Danica shouted out, but her Slowpoke refused to listen. Instead she walked away and took a nap. Danica grunted, while the thug replied with a chuckle.

"Looks like you have no choice!" he said, "Now, it's time for you to join us! Hahahaha!"

"I'm not joining!" Danica said, while glarind at her sleeping Slowpoke. "Now leave me alone!"

"It's not like you have a choice, kid!" he said, "Guess you'll have to see the hard way! Zubat, Supersonic! Drowzee, Disable!"

Danica began to feel pain and extreme dizziness. What was that guy's deal? Using Pokémon to attack people? Did he even have a conscience? A gust of wind revealed a red R on his black shirt, over where his heart should be. Danica managed to see this before the supersonic waves from Zubat forced her to clsoe her eyes. And Drowzee's Disable left her cringing on the spot, leaving her unable to move. Was that going to be the end of Danica's journey? All of a sudden...

"Mime, Bruce, come out!" a voice said from nearby.

A sharply-dressed boy with green hair appeared from behind Danica, sending out a Mr. Mime and a Cubone. The boy had a confident smile on his face, while his Pokémon looked serious and let out a cry that showed toughness. "Back off!" the boy said, and the thug grunted.

"Scram!" he barked, "This is none of yer business!"

"It is now! Mime, use Confusion on Zubat! Bruce, Bonemerang on Drowzee!"

The Zubat was easily defeated by the Mr. Mime's powerful attack, while Drowzee managed to stay standing. "You got some nerve meddling with me! Drowzee, Hypnosis on that pesky Cubone! Put'm to sleep!"

"Mime, Doubleslap!"

After Bruce was put to sleep, the Drowzee was showered with slaps from the human-like Pokémon. When it stopped, the evil Pokémon fell to the ground, unable to continue battling. "Tch! This isn't over! My associates won't stand for this!" the thug barked as he recalled his Pokémon, "A word of advice, stay out of grown-ups' business! You won't eb so lucky next time!"

He used a small device to let out a blinding flash, and when it faded away, the thug was gone. All that was left was a blue-haired girl cringing on the ground and a napping Slowpoke that didn't seem to care at all.

"It's alright, now." he said to the girl, "That goon is gone, courtesy of Floyd Pinkman here!"

Danica regained her bearings and slowly got up. She wiped off some dust off her clothes and stayed silent. This is so... humiliating... she thought, and blinked back some tears that wanted to escape her eyes. "...Thank you." she muttered.

Back