• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (IC)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
BENNY - VII
Mt. Moon

Benny's Team
Spr_5b_190_f.png
Spr_5b_131.png

Efa's Team
Spr_5b_007.png
Spr_5b_035.png

Benny woke up to the smell of bacon and beans. He opened his eyes. He was laying on the couch and looked towards the fireplace where Norway was standing over some sizzling pans. Benny rubbed his eyes and sat up. It was just the two of them in the cabin. He yawned and stretched. Norway looked up, smiled, then handed a plate towards him.

Benny sat up and thanked the large man. He felt surprisingly rested for sleeping on the couch. Especially falling asleep next to Efa. He looked around as he munched on a piece of bacon and asked, "Where's Efa gone to?" Norway turned to him with a rather sad look on his face.

"She's gone, boy," said Norway. He turned back to the beans over the fire, stirring them. Benny jumped up, choking on his food. Norway ran over and slapped his back. The bacon flung from his throat and into the fire. Norway was laughing loudly. Benny was gasping for breath and couldn't believe that she would leave. Why would she...?

Norway looked like he was about to burst with laughter. "Just kiddin' ya, boy! Har!" His booming laugh filled the cabin and suddenly Efa walked out of the bathroom. Her hair was damp and she was dressed in clean clothing. Benny sat down feeling like an idiot.

"He told me you left!" said Benny in mock-anger. Norway laughed even harder and Efa giggled as well. Benny couldn't help but smile. She sat down next to him and grabbed a piece of bacon off his plate, smirking at him. He felt his face turn bright red and scooped some beans into his mouth. Norway sat and ate as well, only much faster than either of them could. He put his plate aside, then got his boots on.

"Alright kids. I'm going to finish getting ready and gather up some Pokemon to take. You two get ready. Your Pokemon are out back now eating with all of my critters, so I'll bring them with me when you come out." The giant man stomped outside, hollering out at his Pokemon. Benny looked at Efa confused.

"What did he mean by that?" he asked her. She munched on her bacon, taking her time to answer.

She swallowed a bite and said, "He's taking us through Mt. Moon. He's spent so much time out here that he knows a path where we can even look at some fossils and evolution stones! I'm going to evolve Zen!"

Benny was impressed. Norway was definitely going out of his way for them. He finished his beans, put his plate in a bucket of water to soak, then got himself ready.

Half an hour later, Benny and Efa were stepping out into the early morning sun. It was barely past dawn and the fog in the forest looked simply stunning. It was the kind of weather Benny loved. He took in a breath of fresh air and enjoyed the moment briefly before a whack to the head told him Rillo had arrived. She was cheerful and had crumbs all along her face. He brushed them off and gave her a hug. She nestled into his backpack and closed her eyes for a little extra shut-eye.

Norway was rounding the corner, being followed by four Pokemon. He had a hand full of Pokeballs, tossing two to Efa and one to Benny. Indigo had enjoyed a morning swim in the pond and had been fed as well. Efa clipped her Pokeballs into her belt as Benny hooked Indigo's ball on his bag. Norway then introduced them to Combusken, Gurdurr, Boufalant, and Gliscor.

Spr_5b_256_m.png
Spr_5b_533.png
Spr_5b_626.png
Spr_5b_472_s.png

Benny was impressed. Norway was definitely a strong trainer and he had the Pokemon to prove it. Benny was sure that he had only seen a small fraction of the amount of Pokemon Norway possessed. Efa ran up and hugged the Boufalant. He did look nice and fuzzy. Norway lifted her up and placed her on its back. She squealed with excitement. He grabbed Benny and threw him on the giant beast's back as well. Norway told him to hold on to Efa in front of him, giving him a nudge and a wink.

Benny's face turned redder than Gurdurr's nose. He place each hand on her sides. She giggled, whipping him in the face with her hair, which smelled better than ever, as she looked about the forested mountains.

It had been about an hour's worth of walking, but Benny and Efa got to relax and enjoy the view from atop the Boufalant. Norway walked beside them talking on and on about his adventures and experiences. Benny was unfocused on his words as he took in the beauty of Route 3 and Mt. Moon, which inched nearer and nearer the longer they went. Efa asked Norway thousands of questions, patting the Boufalant on the head and tickling Rillo, who had switched from Benny's bag to the puffy haired head of her fellow Pokemon.

Soon enough, they reached the mouth of a cave. Norway helped them off their ride, feeding the Boufalant some cookies before returning it to a ball. He instructed Gliscor to help them through the cave and it swooped around cheerfully, pleased it could help. Its keen eyesight would assist them in the dense darkness. Norway lit a match so he could ignite a gas lamp placed by the mouth of the cave.

"Well kiddos. Let's go," he said as he squeezed into the cave. Efa locked hands with Benny as she liked to do when afraid. He followed Norway, Rillo now back in his bag and nervously hiding herself.

The cave was spooky and running water could be heard echoing off the walls. They heard the sound of voices in the distance as well. Other people passing through the main tunnels of Mt. Moon perhaps. Rocks crunched underfoot as they moved along, Benny occasionally slipping on the damp cave floor. Efa breathed kept up with Benny, but Norway trudged along at a smooth pace. He had walked this path many times, whereas they were quite inexperienced as to its footing.

There was a crumbling of rocks ahead as Norway stopped. Benny could barely see and bumped into the large man. He was squinting into the darkness to see what approached. Loud thumping ringed in their ears, but the noise dissipated before long. Benny was anxious and on edge, but grateful nothing had jumped out at them.

They moved along the path at a good pace for such deep darkness and Gliscor helped when it could. Benny suddenly lost his footing as something beneath his foot made him slip. He fell face-first into the rocky cave floor and barely avoided breaking his nose. Efa shrieked which sent a family of bats fluttering from a hole in the rock and back out the mouth of the cave.

Spr_5b_041_m.png
Spr_5b_042_m.png
Spr_5b_041_m.png
Spr_5b_041_m.png
Spr_5b_042_m.png

Norway bent over and helped Benny up, then bent down to pick up the rock he had slipped on. He chuckled and rubbed off some dirt before saying, "My, oh, my..."

"What?" Benny asked, rubbing his palms which were scratched and slightly bloody. Norway stuck his massive hand out and showed them the stone. It almost looked...

Bag_Cover_Fossil_Sprite.png

"It's a Pokemon, kiddos," he said smiling. "I'll be damned if it ain't a Cover Fossil even." He grabbed Benny's hand and stuck it in his palm, which stung slightly from being forced open. "You keep that, boy. Someday they'll be able to revive fossilized Pokemon and you'll have first ticket to the rarest damn Pokemon this world may ever see. Aside from the ones in folk stories. Har!"

They trudged along for about a half hour more when Norway stopped and picked up another stone. He turned and faced Efa this time. "Guess it's your turn, sweetheart." He handed her a glowing stone and she gasped. She hugged Norway, then grabbed for her Pokeball. She released Zen and bent down.

"Zen, my little angel... are you ready?" she asked, petting the smiling Clefairy on the head. Zen jumped up and down as Efa handed her the stone. Benny realized it was a Moon Stone as Zen glowed brightly. She was evolving! Before long, a Clefairy no longer stood in front of them. A Clefable was now standing before them, but there was no mistaking it as Zen.

Spr_5b_036.png

Ω I II III IV V VI VII

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Mt. Moon
Fighting Fear, Part One! Vs. Super Nerd!

Curtis leaped from Danica's back into the battlefield. He could sense his trainer's distress, and put on a serious, determined face. He was going to give his all to make Danica win the battle, take a Fossil, and prevent her from having a weird playdate with this strange fellow who almost badly harmed the girl and stole a perfect catch from her. On the other side of the battlefield, the Grimer had a vacant look in the eyes but appeared to be more than ready for battle. The battle ahead looked like it was going to be a very action-packed one, as the trainers both had an enormous desire to win.

But it was not going to be easy for Danica. You see, as you may have noticed, she strongly dislikes Poison-type Pokémon. And despite having a Pokémon with a type advantage, she has a very hard time thinking straight when she has to face one in battle; just like back at Pewter City against the trainer with the Beedrill, and a mentioned incident at Viridian Forest. Anyway, before I get carried further away, she would have to put all her focus on defeating the Super Nerd. Otherwise, if she lost to his Poison-type Pokémon, not only she'd have to go on a date with the guy, she would ahve to spend time with his Pokémon as well. She cringed at the very thought of that.

"Grimer, use Pound!" the Super Nerd commanded.

"Curtis, Confusion, NOW!" Danica said.

As the slimy Pokémon collided with Curtis, the latter used his psychic powers to send him back some steps. While it was a somewhat weak attack, the type advantage had certainly paid off and the Grimer appeared to be drained of about a third of its energy. Great. Now, all I have to do is spam this move until that yucky Grimer faints!

"Curtis, Confusion, one more time! Give it all you got!" Danica exclaimed.

The Super Nerd chuckled, "Grimer, Sludge!" he said.

Grimer managed to hurl Sludge out of its mouth before being knocked over again. Now both Pokémon appeared to be horribly hurt by those moves. Danica couldn't understand why that was happening. And she was beginning to get nervous. I don't know what's his other Pokémon. But I need to beat this Grimer fast. Harley's a Grass-type, and Sludge will mess him up pretty bad!

"Fufufu..." the Super Nerd says, "While a Psychic-type move may work well on my Grimer, your Ralts is Fairy-typed. So Poison-typed moves will deal a lot of damage to them!"

"N-No..." Danica said, "Th-that can't be..."

"Oh, but it is!" the Super Nerd said, "Now look at the bright side! We'll both go and find Fossils together!"

"In your dreams! Curtis, Double Team!" she shouted.

"Grimer, Pound!"

Grimer leaped forward to strike, but upon hitting Curtis, he faded. It was one of the illusory copies! Now if Danica continued to do that, Curtis would be untouchable! She would say hello to that Fossil and goodbye to that creepy Super Nerd. However, after she told Curtis to use Double Team again, the Super Nerd did something unexpected. He took out a Pokéball and recalled Grimer. Then, he sent out a Koffing. YUCK! ANOTHER ONE! No worries... C-Curtis will handle that one too!

"Curtis, Confusion!"

"Fufufu... Prepare yourself..." the Super Nerd said, "Koffing! SELFDESTRUCT!"

The eyes of the Super Nerd looked as if he was possessed by some sort of strange entity. He smiled somewhat mischievously as his Koffing inflated and then blew up. A huge cloud of dust went flying towards Danica and she was forced to close her eyes. When that subsided, she opened them to find something that made her skin turn pale: all illusory copies of Curtis were gone and Curtis himself was lying on the rocky ground, unconscious. He was unable to keep going. Danica grabbed his Pokéball and sent him inside to rest. Koffing was unable to battle as well, so the Super Nerd sent Grimer back out again. The blue-haired girl looked as if she was in the verge of a nervous breakdown.

"H-Harley, come out!"

"Ah, Skiddo. A Grass-type." he said and giggled, "This should be a walk in the park."

Danica was now more put off by this guy. He was, to her eyes, a creep from the very start; but now he was adopting this supervillain-kind-of personality, and, in a way, was being kind of a bully. He had to be stopped. Not only because she wanted the Fossil, not only because if she lost, she'd have to go on a date with him, but now it was more of a personal matter. He had to be taught a lesson. Her face full of fear turned into one full of anger, and she finally spoke up.

"We'll just s-see about that!" she said, "Harley, use Tackle!"

"Fufufu... Grimer, right after the attack, use Disable!"

As soon as the goat-like Pokémon touched the gooey body of Grimer, he felt like an odd wave of electricity go though his body. Although it dealt no damage, the move Tackle was now sealed! Now Danica had only one choice- to use the not-very-effective Grass-type moves! And the Super Nerd had super-effective Poison-type moves at his disposal! Will Danica find a way to win the battle? Or will she have to look for fossils with this creepy Super Nerd? Find out in the next issue!

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023

trainercard-Gabrielle_zpsi2jyuvmn.png

First Milestone​

Route 3
*Appropriate BGM*

Brock approached Gabrielle, who was crouched beside her Chansey, the two looking up at the Gym Leader. He loomed over them, his arms crossed, before he smiled.

He reached out a hand to her and took her dainty but practiced hands in his rough ones. Pulling her up, he turned her hand around and placed a pin on the palm of her hand.

"You've impressed me with your dedication and perseverance, Gabrielle." He said, a hand on her shoulder. "Your bond with your Pokemon is evident, and I see that you're going to go far chasing your dream."

"The World of Pokemon is vast, and there are many kinds of trainers out there. You are quite unique, I can tell. You will chase your dream far and wide, and you'll see the world for what it is." Brock resumed his lesson. "You shouldn't forget the dedication you've shown in our match, and I'm sure you'll do well, and someday you will make your dreams come true."

Gabrielle nodded, taking the Gym Leader's words to heart.

"You're still young, and have many more things to learn. If I may make a suggestion, you should visit Cerulean City, where the next Gym is located. If you take your Pokemon Training seriously, I'm sure that the Gym there would test your abilities even further. The Leader there is a friend of mine." Brock finished. "Now go, Gabrielle. I hope that the next time I see you, you're even closer to have achieved your dream."

For a moment, Gabrielle just stared at the Gym Leader in stunned surprise. Then, what Brock said registered in her mind, and she began to shake in excitement. She twisted in place raising the Boulder Badge above her.

"Boulder Badge, get!" She joyfully said.

"Chansey!" Euphy chirped from beside her, before flopping on her back, exhausted.

"He was so cool, wasn't he Euphy?" Gabrielle asked her Chansey, who was walking beside her on the path to Mt. Moon. It was the morning after the fateful Gym Match, a very early morning if you ask any other person. It's actually 5:00 AM, and waking up really early, exercised, bathed, and gotten dressed in a new outfit, Gabrielle and her Pokemon set out from Pewter so that they can start making their way to Cerulean City.

She found it impractical to wear a skirt when she plans on climbing a mountain, even if she wears cycling shorts underneath it, so instead she's wearing khaki shorts, plain sky-blue dress shirt, and a pith helmet.

The girl is also skating slowly, using the attachable inline strapped to her boots.

Euphy the Chansey shrugged, the backpack she was carrying shaking a little at the motion. Truth be told, the Chansey thought that all the Gym Leaders have a degree of coolness to them. She may not have been Gabrielle's Pokemon for long, but she does know about the Pokemon League. It must take a lot to become a Gym Leader after all.

"What's the matter?" Gabrielle turned around, skating backward as she looked at Euphy. The Chansey shook her head and pointed forward, trying to tell her trainer to look ahead of the road.

Gabrielle giggled, pivoted on a foot and dashed forward, the still rising sun illuminating the road just enough for her to see where she was going. A Hoot-hoot flew over her head, roosting on an alcove located somewhere in the tall cliffs that dominated one side of the path.

Truth be told, she felt like she's on top of the world. She just finished her first Gym Battle, she met a new friend who she was able to share her skills with, and most importantly, she's one step closer to achieving her dream.

She absolutely won't forget this day.

A cliff came up on the path, and instead of taking the ramp circling around to the left, she rode it out, jumping at the right time in a twirl. She didn't see the boy walking on the lower path though.

The boy, alerted by the noise, look behind and above him, and nearly stumbled back in surprise. "Woah-!"

Gabrielle shifted her weight in the air and landed delicately, a few inches before she would have hit him, greeting the boy. "Oh, morning!"

"Hey, you watch where-... Gabrielle?!" The boy started, only to exclaim in surprise when she finally saw who almost crashed into him.

"Hi Ezio, long time no see!" She said.

The brown-haired boy blinked, rubbed her eyes, then pinched the girl's cheeks to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

"Ouch!" She slapped his hand away, glaring at him. "What was that for?"

"I was making sure I wasn't dreaming." He said, still unbelieving. He shook his head and pointed at her. "Anyway, what are you doing here?!"

"Shouldn't you be pinching yourself?" She muttered to nobody in particular, before smiling. "I'm on my Pokemon Journey. I'm planning on obtaining eight of the Kanto Badges and participate in the Quarts- er, Indigo League while doing Contests."

"Oh? A Trainer and a Coordinator? Are you sure you're the Gabrielle I know?" Ezio regained his bearings, giving a rather sly smile at the girl. "Last time I saw you, you got lost on a one-way street. That takes special talent, one Coordinators and Gym Challengers are better off without."

"And last time I saw you, your special talent earned you that scar on your lip." Quipped Gabrielle, smiling good-naturedly. "So, you know why I'm here. What about you, why are you here?"

"I'm heading north to Cameron." He told her. "What about you?"

"Cerulean." She informed him. "I'm going to pass through Mt. Moon to get there."

"Oh, really? You wouldn't mind if we traveled together a bit? It's on the way anyway, and I don't have to go north until we reach Mt. Moon." Ezio asked.

"I don't mind at all." She grinned, before a cry from her Chansey, who just managed to make her way down the slope, brought her attention back to her Pokemon. "Oh, wait. Let me introduce you to my Pokemon. This is Euphy, she's been helping me a lot with my training."

"Oho~ A Chansey?" Ezio peered closer to Chansey, who leaned away at the attention. "She's helpful, I take it?"

"Of course!" Gabrielle agreed, and started skating forward, prompting the others to follow her lead. "She won my the Boulder Badge after taking out Leader Brock's Aron and Onix."

"Heh~ Aren't you reliable." Ezio patted the Chansey on the top of her head, earning him a slight purring from the Normal-type. "Ah, speaking of which."

He moved ahead of Gabrielle, taking the lead.

"I'll be the one telling us where to go. Who knows where we'll end up if we follow you."

"Chansey~" Euphy agreed.

"Mou~ You two..." Gabrielle pouted, but was defeated at the laugh the two shared. And so, the two friends and their Pokemon caught up with one another in their stories, the journey passing by in peaceful tranquility.

"Hey, what's that?"

Gabrielle turned to look that Ezio was pointing at a Pokemon grazing in the grass. It was a quadruped Pokemon with a bushy mane and horns. It was also rather large, maybe coming up to above half her height.

"Oh, I know. Those are Skiddo." She thought about those she saw running around in Kalos. "I saw them all the time back in Kalos. A lot of people use them as transportation, beasts-of-burden, and farm animals."

"Heh~ How neat." Ezio hummed.

"They're also usually seen in Kalos though... I wonder what its doing all the way out here in Kanto?" She told him, before nodding to herself. "I'm going to catch it."

"Oh, I've got to see this!" Ezio sat on a nearby rock as Chansey placed her pack beside him, walking to her trainer.

"Hey Skiddo~" The Pâtissière sang, stepping into the tall grass. The Mount Pokemon turned to look at her. "I'm going to try and catch you."

From behind her, she could hear the distinctive sound of hand meeting face.

Ezio couldn't believe his friend. Did she just walk up to a Wild Pokemon and challenge it, saying that she was going to catch it? Yes, yes she did. He moaned into his hands. Won't the Pokemon just run away?

To his surprise however, the Skiddo acknowledged her.

"Okay, good! Go, Sweets!" The Meringue Pokemon appeared with a cry, displacing the grass as it landed.

The two Pokemon stared at each other for a moment, analyzing their opponent before fully committing themselves to their attacks.

With a 'baa', Skiddo pawed the grass before charging.

"Slow him down with Cotton Spore!" Slurpuff nodded at the order, puffing out cottons that floated towards the wild Pokemon. It connected, but merely bounced off. Then, a green aura began to emit from its grass mane. "Wait, what? Is that- That's Sap Sipper! Oh no!"

The Grass Type move was not only ineffective in slowing down the charge of the Wild Pokemon, it also increased its attack, which is bad news for Sweets the Slurpuff.

The Mount Pokemon lowered its horns and tackled the Fairy-Type, sending it flying back.

"What am I doing?" She asked herself, "Cotton Spore doesn't even work on Grass-types."

Sweets hopped to stand, glaring at the offending Pokemon for its attack.

"Sweets, Draining Kiss!" Gabrielle told the Slurpuff, who kicked off the grass towards the Skiddo.

The Skiddo turned around, lowered its horns again, and prepared for the attack. Sweets, undeterred, continued its attack. That was Sweet's mistake.

Skiddo's horns glowed green, and as soon as Sweets was in range, the Skiddo hooked Sweets from under it and hoisted it up with its horns. The Gabrielle's partner tumbled in the air, unable to control its flight and crashed into the ground with a dull thud.

"What was that attack?" Ezio asked, curious and not the least bit worried about his friends' Pokemon.

"That was Horn Leech." Gabrielle stated, observing the light that came from Sweets and went into the wild Skiddo. "It's a Grass-type move that works like Giga Drain."

"Ho~ What are you going to do then?" Ezio leaned his head on his palm, watching the battle develop. In the meantime, the Skiddo stood up straighter, a green glow of Aura surrounding it. "That looks like Growth."

"Can you still battle Sweets?" Her Pokemon nodded. "Okay, use Draining Kiss again."

"That didn't work the first time, what makes you think it's going to work on the next?" Ezio told her.

"Just watch." Gabrielle told him. Sweets ran up to the Skiddo, who lowered his horn again to use another Horn Leech. Just as Sweets was about to connect, and the Skiddo hooked it for a throw, Gabrielle gave another command. "Jump!"

Sweets jumped towards the Skiddo, using the Mount Pokemon's head as a jumping board. The Skiddo tried to hit it with its horn by quickly raising its head. Instead of hitting, Sweets was propelled directly above into the air by the force.

"Now, Fairy Wind!"

Sweets pirouetted in mid-air, sending several harsh gusts of wind slamming into the wild Skiddo, who had to brace itself or it would be blown away.

"Connect with Endeavoring Kiss!"

Sweets twisted forward in a somersault, glowing orange and pink as it did so. Landing on the back of the Wild Skiddo, it flinched when the Endeavor hit its mark, before Sweets kissed it with a Draining Kiss.

The Skiddo charged, trying to get the Slurpuff off it. Gabrielle had to dodge out of the way when it went towards her, and Ezio yelled in fright when the two battling Pokemon ran at him.

Thankfully for Ezio, he was able to jump to the side before the Pokemon hit him. Instead, the Skiddo was able to smash the rock he was sitting on just a while ago.

"That's one strong Skiddo." Ezio said shakily.

The Skiddo turned around and aimed its charge at Gabrielle, who saw what the Pokemon was doing and skated away.

"This isn't how you do a Pokemon battle!" She shouted, trying to keep the distance between her and the Wild Pokemon. "Use Fairy Wind and try to slow it down!"

Sweets, seeing its trainer in trouble, hurriedly used the attack. the Pink-tinged wind buffeted the wild Pokemon.

Gabrielle thought of a few ideas on how to defeat the wild Skiddo. Though the Fairy Wind is doing its job and whittling down the Wild Pokemon's health, it looks like it'll still strong enough to handle several blows from it

Then, she saw the cliff face, and she smiled, preparing a vacant ball in hand.

"Sweets, cut off the Fairy Wind!"

"What?" exclaimed Ezio. Sweets echoed his confusion. Why stop? But the Slurpuff is trained, and trusts Gabrielle, so it did what it was told and stopped attacking.

The Wild Skiddo immediately sped up, Sweets still on its back and holding on for dear life.

Gabrielle moved perpendicular to the Cliff Wall, the Skiddo following after her. Before she hit the wall, she jumped, skating very briefly up the wall. Just before gravity got a hold of her again, she pushed off, just barely above the Skiddo and Slurpuff.

The Pâtissière reached out, grabbing Sweets with both hands, and back-flipped over the Wild Pokemon.

The Skiddo crashed into the cliff face, and the Mount Pokemon wobbled from the hit.

"Time for a catch!"

Holding Sweets in one arm, Gabrielle turned around in the air and threw a Premier Ball at the disoriented Pokemon. It sucked the Mount Pokemon inside, and then it closed with a click. It landed on the grass at the same time as Gabrielle did on her feet, and began rocking.​

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

conflict.gif

Kiya Bonham
Route 3: Champion's Frustration, And a New Disciple?
Time: Afternoon → Night

Kiya walked up to Champion and patted him on the shoulder. When the Hitmonchan didn't respond, she picked him up and threw him over her shoulder. Then she turned to Brock and held out her hand. "A loss is a loss, I guess our training just wasn't enough. Thanks for the match. But I'll be back, and next time we won't lose!"

"Wait." Brock didn't shake Kiya's hand, instead grabbing the back of it and turning it upright. Then he placed something into it, on her palm. It was cold and metallic, and once Brock moved his hand away, Kiya saw that it was the Boulder Badge. Kiya's brow furrowed. "You and your pokemon are both very passionate and very strong, and you have an even stronger bond. It's clear that you've been training together for a long time. If you'd known about type matchups, there's no way you wouldn't have beaten me. That's why I think you deserve it."

The girl stared at the badge in her hand for a moment, unsure of what to say. She had lost the battle and didn't feel like she deserved it, but at the same time, she didn't want to disrespect the wishes of a strong opponent. She thought about it a few more seconds before making her decision. "Alright, I'll accept this badge. But I'm still coming back for a rematch. If what you said is true, then I hope you train hard for when I finally come back. I won't let you get away with losing easily!" With those words, she punched forward at Brock and shouted. He seemed to flinch at the sudden motion before smiling at her. "Uh…" started Kiya. "You're supposed to bump your fist against mine. Does nobody else outside the dojo do that?"

"What?" Asked Brock, a bit surprised. "Oh! Sorry, it's just that in my experience, fist-bumps usually aren't so violent." He then lifted his fist and bumped it against Kiya's. "How long have you two been together?"

"Hmm…" Kiya had to think about that for a bit, never having bothered to keep track. "I think Master Kiyo gave Champion to me 10 years ago. No, 11 maybe? Somewhere around there."

Brock's eyebrows raised in surprise. "In that case, it's no surprise that you two are so strong. But I have to warn you, one pokemon won't be enough to conquer the gym challenge. There is always a pokemon that yours matches badly against, and it'll need support. However, you've spent so long with your Hitmonchan that I think it might be difficult for you to synchronize with any other pokemon. Just keep that in mind during your travels, and work at bonding with any other pokemon you catch."

Kiya wasn't sure how to respond. She disagreed that one pokemon couldn't beat all the gyms because she believed that with enough training anything was possible, but on the other hand she had always planned on catching other pokemon anyway, mostly as sparring partners for herself and Champion but also to have others to share the beauty of martial arts with. Well, besides not training enough it seemed that things were going well for her so she figured she'd just keep doing things the way she had been.

"Thanks, but there's nothing Champion and I can't beat with enough training," answered Kiya before bowing to Brock and walking out of the gym with Champion hung over her shoulder.

***​

The sun had long disappeared below the edges of the distant Mount Moon by the time Kiya finally made it to Route 3. Many things had happened since leaving Pewter Gym, most notably an incident in the Pokemon Center that resulted in her nearly getting thrown in jail even though according to her she did nothing wrong (while she did manage to avoid imprisonment, she was still placed on a watch list), but she had overcome those obstacles and was now back on track in her quest to strip Sabrina of her title.

Champion walked alongside Kiya as they traversed through the route, fully healed but in a particularly bad mood after losing not only to Brock's Aerodactyl, but also to a Gardevoir belonging to the police. He walked at a brisk pace, though it wasn't difficult for Kiya to match. She frowned. The girl wasn't very fond of Champion when he was in a bad mood, as it tended to make him difficult to deal with. Fortunately, this wasn't anything she hadn't handled before.

After punching him on the shoulder, Kiya smiled and said, "Come on, let's have a race. Hopefully it'll get you to stop pouting about a loss or two. Take it from me, it's not that big a deal." Champion gave her an annoyed look that probably meant he didn't believe her. "Do you even remember your win/loss against me? I know a thing or two about losses." With a pat on his back, Kiya took off running. "Now enough talking, I wanna run!" It wasn't very long before Champion came running after her.

While Champion had the fastest fists of anyone Kiya had ever seen, man or mon, his legs were a different story. That wasn't to say that he was slow, but a footrace was one thing that Kiya managed to rival and occasionally exceed Champion in, depending on whether or not one of the two had been slacking on their training. At the moment the two were neck and neck, taking an instant to glance at each other with a grin before pushing themselves to go a bit faster. There were other trainers and pokemon walking along Route 3 doing various things, and a few of them might have even challenged Kiya and Champion to a battle, but at the time it was like there was nothing else in the world other than the two of them and the road ahead.

Kiya had taken the lead, her breathing ragged from the strain. They'd been going at it for a while, long enough that even Kiya's well-conditioned legs were beginning to burn, and she loved it. Route 3 was perfect for a run because it was astoundingly uneven and there were tons of rocks and boulders one needed to watch out for to avoid tripping or crashing. Mindless running on an even track or treadmill was good and all for the body, but a martial artist needed more than just a strong body to be successful.

Champion managed to push his way ahead of Kiya once more, but eventually he began to slow down as a consequence of his low stamina and Kiya was able to retake her lead. The pokemon center at end of the route was visible far in the distance so she felt confident about her victory at this point, despite the fact that she'd been struggling with the obstacles on the road in her exhaustion. Her solution to that was to simply concentrate better. However, her increased focus on the rocks meant that she was able to concentrate less on the other things occupying the route, and as such, she failed to notice a little Mankey who had taken it upon itself to cross the road right in front of her. Kiya tried to slow down, but she'd been going too fast and was unable to stop herself immediately, barreling right into the furry little pokemon.

After crashing into it, Kiya and the Mankey slid a good distance along the ground before stopping. She got up and rubbed her arm, which hurt after landing on it like that. Then Kiya looked at the pokemon who'd stopped her with a frustrated stare. She was surprised that such a little thing didn't just get pushed aside, being surprisingly heavy, but that just meant that it was probably dense with muscle like her. What she found stranger still was that she was quite familiar with her dad's Primeape, and though it was maybe three times bigger, it didn't weigh much more than this Mankey. Either way, the Mankey could very well have cost her the race.

The Mankey didn't seem too thrilled about what had just happened either, as it began screeching and flailing its arms around as soon as it got up off the ground. It then pulled its leg back for what was obviously a kick, so when its foot went flying towards Kiya's legs she was ready and she smoothly leapt over the little pokemon to dodge the move. This seemed to make the creature even angrier. Looking at the pokemon actually reminded Kiya of herself when she was just a little girl, whining about not being able to beat the adults but continuing to challenge them regardless. She decided she should probably catch the little guy. It wouldn't hurt to have a bigger team, and she could take the Mankey on as a student as well, teaching it karate!

As she was making her decision, Champion came upon the scene, having been watching the events from behind. "Good timing!" Kiya piped as she dodged another Low Kick from the Mankey. "I wanna catch this guy. Can you keep him busy while I get some pokeballs out?" Champion examined the Mankey for a moment before narrowing his eyes and saying something to it. Suddenly the Mankey stopped attacking Kiya and turned to the Hitmonchan. It screeched something in reply and lunged at him, delivering a scratch to his chest. Champion didn't even blink at the attack, and proceeded to drive a Mach Punch straight into the Mankey's face, sending it flying into a nearby tree where it hit the tree so hard it actually bounced back. Kiya whistled as she searched through her bag, impressed. "Wow, definitely a critical hit! If he gets back up from that I'll really want him!"

The Mankey lied face-down at Champion's feet for several seconds before leaping back to its feet, looking significantly angrier and more belligerent than before despite the deep indent in the fur on its face marking the force of Champion's punch. However, Champion simply turned his back on the creature. Apparently he had judged this Mankey as not worth his time. This appeared to be the last straw for the Mankey. With a loud shriek, it threw its whole body into an attack powered by its pent up frustration that hit Champion right in the back. He made no moves to dodge it, the pathetic attempt at a scratch attack still fresh in his mind, but surprisingly, this attack hurled Champion forward. His face hit the ground and he slid several feet, to which the Mankey cried victoriously.

Both Kiya and Champion were shocked at the Mankey's sudden burst of strength. How come it couldn't even put a scratch on Champion before, but now it could knock him around like a ragdoll? Kiya's hand had come in contact with a pokeball, but now she reached for her pokedex instead. Pointing it at the Mankey revealed some information about it that at this point Kiya already knew, like the fact that it was quick to anger, but it also revealed some interesting things. Firstly, that what Kiya had been addressing as "he" was actually a "she", but more importantly, that it possessed the "Anger Point" ability, which greatly increased its strength when it was hit by a powerful move. Kiya liked the idea of such an ability, and it was even something she could relate to. She would definitely be catching this Mankey, no matter what!

Champion heard the pokedex as it read the entry aloud and got up, patting the dirt off himself. He then gave the Mankey a nasty glare. Mankey was feeling quite confident at this point, though, and didn't falter. It flung itself at Champion like before, knowing now that is attacks could actually hurt the veteran fighter. Unfortunately, the Mankey's attack didn't connect this time. Before it could hit, Champion slammed down on the little furball with another Mach Punch and smashed it into the ground. The attack was brutal, but even so, the Mankey tried to get up again. Champion loomed over it menacingly, and when it defied him with a shriek, he hammered it into the ground once again.

This happened one more time before the Mankey stopped trying to get up. Champion looked greatly disappointed. At that point, Kiya figured that it was over and threw a ball at the Mankey, who was still lying face-down on the ground. "We're going to have a lot of work to do once you're my student," said Kiya as the Mankey was enveloped in a red light and pulled inside the pokeball. It began to shake, and Kiya grabbed another ball so she would be ready if it ended up popping open again. This Mankey was a fighter, and maybe a moment's break was all it would need to be ready to challenge them again. She was excited at the thought of having such a tenacious disciple!

Last edited:
Years
8RsK8Hk.png

Tasman Bailey
Intensity - Part One: Gati vs Sylvia
418.png
016.png
033.png
403.png

Gati flew past the usually non-missing stream of golden stars, able to avoid the projectiles because of the superior speed provided by his priority Aqua Jet. In a violent spray of water Gati collided with Sylvia the Sylveon and sent her rolling across the ground towards Clarity.
"It will take more than that to stop us!" Clarity exclaimed with fiery determination that Tasman found infectious. Clarity was very different from the easy wins he'd experienced against the two fighting type users before her, she wasn't just good but she was passionate and enthusiastic. She was going to be a real challenge for him and challenges were what made battling so much fun.
"Disarming Voice!" Sylvia let out a sudden, loud but almost musical cry that seemed to fill the air with a bizarre power – a power that stunned Gati and blasted him back.
"Follow it up with Fairy Wind!" as the sound faded and Sylvia climbed back to her feet she unleashed a pink-tinged gust that further flung Gati back, Tasman's Buizel skidding back to his feet by his trainer with a fierce look in his eye. Like his trainer Gati was getting fired up by the battle.
"We can take more than that too, right Gati?!"
"Bui!"
"Aqua Jet!" Tasman called, hoping to get ahead of Sylvia with speed again and keep her trainer wondering about what other attacks Gati might possess. Gati cloaked himself in a torrent of water and blasted forward towards his Sylveon opponent.

"Quick Attack!" Sylvia was suddenly a blur of movement as she launched forward and collided with Gati with a crash and shower of water droplets. The two priority attacks had met with equal speed sending both pokemon flying backwards. It was clear however, that Gati possessed greater physical power than Sylvia as she landed on her side, skidding to a halt before Clarity, Gati tumbled along the ground but was ultimately able to land on his feet.
"Whilst she's down, Power-Up Punch!" Tasman instructed, Gati's fist glowing a powerful orange colour as he hurtled towards the fairy-type as she was struggling to her feet.
"Disarming Voice!" even as Sylvia was forcing her self to her feet she cried out again, the attack stunning Gati just before he could land a hit "Now Swift!" a shower of shining stars blasted Gati and sent him flying backwards again, this time he landed hard on his side.
"I'm not going to be lulled into a false sense of security just because that attack won't do much to a fairy like Sylvia" Clarity grinned at Tasman "I know exactly what it will do and your Buizel is plenty tough enough already"
"He appreciates the compliment trust me, but flattery will get you nowhere" Tasman laughed, smiling himself "Try and stop us. Gati, Aqua Jet!" Gati sprung to his feet before careening towards Sylvia once more.

"Not a chance! Quick Attack!" Sylvia sprung forwards in a momentous blur slamming into Gati half-way across the battlefield. Both pokemon hit the floor hard but immediately sprung back up.
"Swift!" Clarity commanded
"Use Double Hit to send them into each other!" Gati's fists glowed violet as he hit two of the stars, causing a chain reaction that resulted in star after star colliding and exploding into a shower of shimmering fragments
"Pretty" Clarity remarked as the glittering pieces of her deflected attack fell over the battlefield to the "oos" and "ahhs" of the spectators.
"Agreed" Tasman chuckled "but now isn't the time to be distracted, Aqua Jet!" Clarity caught herself, recovering quickly
"Fairy Wind!" she was too slow to react for the priority move however and even as the pink wind begun to form Gati slammed into Sylvia knocking her down.
"Gati, follow that up with a Power-Up Punch!" Gati's orange-glowing fit smashed into the downed fairy-type not doing a huge amount of damage considering the type disadvantage, but achieving a different goal in boosting Gati's physical power.
"Disarming Voice!"
"Again!" Gati was quicker once more, delivering a second Power-Up Punch, this one doing more damage than the last whilst simultaneously increasing his power "One last time!"
"Yawn!" that move caught Tasman by surprise, Sylvia opening her mouth wide and breathing what seemed to be a yellowish cloud over Gati's face. The change was instantaneous, Gati's attack halted and he began to stagger drowsily "Now get him out of the way with a Fairy Wind so he can take his nap out of our space!" a pink-tinged wind whipped up instantly and blew Gati back to the centre of the battlefield, although by some miracle he was still standing Gati's eyes dropped shut and it was obvious he was afflicted by sleep.

"Game over I guess" Clarity grinned "Hit him with Quick Attack repeatedly!" Syvia responded instantly, bounding forth in a barely visible flurry of motion. The first hit slammed Gati to the ground, but the barrage continued with each attack causing him more harm. Over and over Gati took hits from the Sylveon, the referee getting closer to calling the match with every collision. Tasman began to feel the tension of an impending loss, he was never the most competitive person but something had been coming over him in intense battles like those against Brock and Clarity, he got caught up in the heat of the moment and he grew a powerful desire for victory. The referee opened his mouth, the first few syllables rolling off his tongue, Gati's eyes shot open stopping him in his tracks and making Tasman grin vividly once more.
"Aqua Jet!" Gati suddenly launched forward in a torrent of water, intercepting Sylvia and sending her hurtling into the ground with a crash and a spray of dirt and dust. When the air cleared it revealed a barely standing Gati and Sylvia laying at his feet unable to battle. The crowd and referee looked astonished – honestly so did Tasman and Clarity.
"The first round goes to Tasman and his Buizel, Gati!" the crowed clapped and cheered as Clarty congratulated Sylvia on her effort and returned her and Tasman recalled Gati
"Heal yourself up with an Aqua Ring and then have a nice rest for the next round. I'll take you straight to the pokemon centre after." Gati performed the Aqua Ring before flopping down to sit at Tasman's feet and watch the next battle.

"I guess that wasn't game over after all. Gati is really strong to pull of a win like that, you must be quite the trainer." Clarity called to Tasman from the other side of the battlefield "I'm not going to let you get another win though." Tasman replied
"I was just thinking you and Sylvia are pretty amazing too. I don't even think battling Brock was this crazy. I'm afraid that I'll have to take that win though."
"Just try it" Clarity said with a fiery expression. With that both trainers simultaneously sent forth their next competitors
"Dalair, your turn!"
"You're on Poli!"

Bag_Plume_Fossil_Sprite.png

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Emerald - Cerulean City - The real battle! V.S Kadabra​

"Alright! If it's pain what you want, then you will get it! Leaf you are next!" Leaf comes in.

"A Nuzleaf? I must admit, that pokemon is rare... But it wont stop Kadabra!" Gary Clark states.

"Leaf time to preform a Razor Leaf!" I said.

"Teleport away and then Shock Wave!" Gary Clark stated.

Kadabra evaded the Razor Leaf, teleported to Leaf's back and used Shock Wave. Leaf was unlucky to get caught on this wave of electricity.

"Oh no way we will lose to you! Leaf go for a Feint Attack!" Leaf did not gave time and glowed black, hitting Kadabra. "Now Leaf Blade!" Leaf's leaf glowed green and then Leaf hits Kadabra with the leaf. "This is how its done. Leaf prepare yourself." Leaf knew it was time to preform Razor Wind. He started to charge.

"No time to preparations. Kadabra make your left hand an Fire Punch and the right hand an Ice Punch and go for multiple hits!" Kadabra teleported and then went to Leaf's back. Multiple hits were made and then Kadabra goes to front of Leaf and throws the Nuzleaf back. Leaf goes right to my face and i fell. Then Leaf does a last thing. He glows Black again and then strikes right on Kadabra. Kadabra was out. "Return! Pidgeotto! Teach this idiot boy about Type Matchups! Wing Attack!"

Pidgeotto strikes on Leaf and Leaf faints. I was up to only one pokemon. "OK now i won't play! Bubbles you are next!" Bubbles came out of the pokeball. If Bubbles gets knocked out i will be so humiliated...

Years
8RsK8Hk.png

Tasman Bailey
Intensity - Part Two: Dalair vs Poli
418.png
016.png
033.png
403.png

Dalair looked at the Poliwhirl that was standing in front of him, then looked back over at Tasman with wide eyes. Dalair wanted to be strong, Tasman had figured that out easily enough – but as always the young Shinx was something of a coward.
"It's okay Dalair, I won't let anything bad happen." Tasman said, offering that and several more phrases of encouragement to the little pokemon, eventually persuading it to turn back to face Poli.
"Are you sure he should be battling yet?" Clarity asked, surprising Tasman because she seemed genuinely concerned about facing an opponent that wasn't ready
"He's a bit timid, but when he puts his mind to it he can hold his own."
"I hope so" was the girl's reply

"Begin!" the referee called loudly, prompting the trainers and their companions into battle.
"Poli, use Double Slap!"
"Baby-Doll Eyes, Dalair!" As the Poliwhirl moved to attack Dalair, Tasman's Shinx shifted it's expression to it's cutest possible, a pink shimmer in his typically yellow eyes. The attack didn't halt Poli though, the tadpole pokemon slapping Dalair twice and sending him rolling back several feet before he leapt back to his feet with a look of determination.
"Smart move, making a tougher opponent weaker" Clarity observed "and your Dalair seems a lot feistier now."
"Like I said, he brings it when it counts. Dalair, let's use Tackle!"
"I'm not going to let you!" Clarity said, as determined as when the battle begun herself "Mud Shot!"
Oh no…

Poli unleashed a concussive torrent of mud directly at Dalair, who had already jumped forward to tackle the opposing Poliwhirl and was in no position to dodge. Clarity's super-effective attack hit Dalair head on and sent him flying back to Tasman's feet where he struggled to stand back up.
"Ready to continue, Dalair?" Tasman asked, concerned but also sure that even if Dalair didn't know it, he had plenty of fight in him. The little Shinx glanced back at Tasman before gulping and nodding his head.
"Don't give them time to recover, Double Slap!" Poli ran forwards towards Dalair, but this time Tasman was determined to get the upper-hand.
"Dalair, use Flash!" As Poli was about to land his attack, a sudden burst of light erupted from the star on Dalair's tail temporarily blinding the water-type and stunning him into stopping his attack "excellent! Follow through with Tackle!"

At the command, Dalair rushed forward and rammed hard into Poli's body, sending the stronger pokemon skidding backwards but not taking him down. However, Poli still couldn't see properly so Tasman pressed his advantage.
"Tackle again!" Once more Dalair rammed into Poli, this time bringing his foe down onto one of his knees "One last time!" Dalair launched himself furiously towards Poli, Clarity had regained her senses though and called her attack when Dalair was too close to avoid the incoming attack and Poli couldn't miss even with his sight impaired.
"Bubblebeam!" Poli launched the attack immediately, a widely dispersed spray of pressurised bubble blasting Dalair back and leaving him open to a follow-up attack "Now, Mud Shot!"

Once more Poli blasted Dalair with a torrent of thick mud, knocking him down and sending him flying back towards Tasman's feet where Gati managed to catch his unconscious form.
"Once he get's over his fear he has quite the fighting spirit, I like him" Clarity chimed "It's a shame that fighting spirit won't help you if the only damaging move you have is Tackle."
"I guess it was kind of obvious after all" Tasman laughed "I guess when I kept calling for a Tackle and not an electric move anyone could have realised they didn't have anything to fear from the type match-up. Either way though, just wait until he learns some electric attacks and we'll have to have a rematch."
"We definitely will, until then onto round three."

Tasman recalled Dalair, thanking him for his hard work.
"Majesta, show her what you've got!"
"Arrow, let's finish this!" In two flashes of white light, a pair of bird pokemon appeared on the battlefield. On Tasman's side was his Pidgey, whilst Clarity had called forth a flying-type of a similar size – a Spearow.
"Well this will definitely be interesting" Tasman said, his blood pumping with anticipation
"It certainly will. I won't be letting you win though"
"Who said anything about letting me win?" Tasman chuckled before the referee spoke
"The final round will determine which trainer wins the bike!" his voice boomed to the enthusiasm of the spectators "It will be a battle of the birds, Tasman's Pidgey against Clarity's Spearow. Ready?"

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Emerald - Cerulean City - Hard Target, Harder aiming! V.S Pidgeotto!​

I throw Bubbles' pokeball. He comes in.

"Bubbles go for Bubblebeam!" I said.

"Pidgeotto try to evade!" Gary Clark said. Pidgeotto evaded. "Now Wing Attack!"

"Wait for it..." Pidgeotto was getting near Bubbles. Then it came the right time. "Quick! Evade and use Hypnosis!" Bubbles evaded and then used Hypnosis. Pidgeotto fell asleep on the floor. "Now Body Slam!" Bubbles jumped on Pidgeotto with so much force, that the poor bird woke up with loud voice. Then Pidgeotto escapes from Body Slam.

"Pidgeotto use Quick Attack!" Gary Clark stated.

Pidgeotto strikes on Bubbles with a big speed, that throws Bubbles back.

"Now Tackle all the times you can! Don't let that chubby Poliwhirl get you!" Gary Clark commanded.

"How do you dare to call Bubbles "chubby"? Water Gun!" I said.

Pidgeotto flew towards Bubbles. Bubbles tried to shoot water to Pidgeotto but the bird always evaded. Then Pidgeotto hits Bubbles. Bubbles still stood on.

"Come on! You can do it!" I said. Then Bubbles glows light blue. Then a light blue beam is shot. Then it hits Pidgeotto, making the bird faint.

Bubbles learned Ice Beam

"Wow that was an Ice Beam!" I said.

Gary Clark retrieves Pidgeotto. "Lets finish this! Croconaw!" The pokeball revealed Croconaw inside. This was Starter V.S. Starter.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Mt. Moon
Fighting Fear, Part Two! Vs. Super Nerd!

In the previous issue, we left off with Danica having only her newly-caught Skiddo, Harley, to fend off against the Super Nerd's Grimer. While the slimy blob of a Pokémon had been weakened by Curtis, Danica's Ralts who had been knocked out by a Koffing in the same battle, Harley had only Grass-type moves to use against Grimer, given that Tackle had been disabled. Danica was feeling a lot of pressure, given that if she lost, she'd had to spend who-knows-how-long on a date with the Super Nerd, who she wasn't particularly friendly to (but, then again, who IS Danica Chandler friendly to?)

Anyway, it's high time I resume telling the story of how the battle concluded. Like I said, Danica and Harley were in quite a tight spot. And the Super Nerd was looking at Danica with creepy, sparkling eyes. Danica would have to turn to a more defensive, sneaky tactic. She tried that against Brock and it didn't quite work out as planned, however, it's not like she had an actual choice. She knew of a move Harley could use that could slowly take energy from Grimer and give it to the young goat-like Pokémon. That's right: I'm talking about Leech Seed. Under the blue-haired girl's command, Harley hurled some seeds at the sludgey Pokémon. In the blink of an eye, vines emerged from them and wrapped around Grimer tightly, and began to drain its energy. However, the Super Nerd also had a trick up his sleeve. His next command filled Danica Chandler with dread, and the next thing she saw was the Grimer emitting a purple cloud of gas. She quickly told Harley to try to run from the cloud, while using Vine Whip to strike the yucky opponent.

"Fufufu... Grimer... Keep up using Poison Gas!" the Super Nerd said and chuckled.

"Harley, keep running and try to keep attacking him with Vine Whip!"

Harley ran for his life while moving around the Vine Whips to strike at Grimer form as far as he could. And while the Leech Seed attack from before was very helpful with weakening the foe, it wasn't long before both would be on an even ground. The cloud of Poison Gas had grown bigger and thicker and after two strikes from Vine Whip it had caught up with the Skiddo and inflicted with the special condition Danica despised the most... POISON! ACK! HE'S POISONED! she thought, This can't be happening to me! I can't go on a date with this weirdo!

"T-Time to seal the deal now!" the Super Nerd exclaimed, "Grimer, use Sludge!"

While he cringed in pain because of his poisoned status, Harley was hit by a super-effective attack from Grimer. Now both Pokémon were at about the same energy level, with Skiddo being just a tad more energic due to the Leech Seed attack. Danica knew that one more Sludge and it would be all over. She closed her eyes and silently wished for something to happen while keeping an expression of pure horror and disgust in her face. And then, just in time, a miracle occured. Harley felt another wave of electricity going through his body. It felt slightly painful, however, it was something benign. The effect of Disable was not a permanent one, and now it had gone away! Harley charged at Grimer and Tackled it in retaliation for the previous Sludge attack.

Danica was more than pleased. She didn't know if it was the Mt. Moon magic atmosphere or if it was just a plain coincidence and a whole lot of luck, but it appeared that the battle was soon to come to an end. With all her drive, she shouted out her next command. The Super Nerd, well aware of what had happened, was getting tense and nervous, adn saw his chances of going on a date with this girl slowly slipping away. Pretty much like when Danica fought the blonde guy with a Beedrill back in Pewter City, the nerdy trainer panicked and shouted out his next command in desperation.

"Harley, Tackle! Finish him!"

"G-Grimer, P-Pound!"

Yes. Even I facepalmed at what this guy just did. What a way to throw away a battle when you were just one attack away from winning. But whatever. Anyway, both Pokémon collided in the air and fell backwards. They struggled to stay standing. Harley was hurt by Poison and appared to be on the verge of fainting. But the Grimer's health was sapped by Leech Seed and some of it replenished Harley's. And it was the last bit of health that the Grimer had, which meant it fainted and Danica had won the battle. She couldn't contain her feelings and leaped for joy, which made her defeated opponent even feel even worse.

"I... I..." the Super Nerd said, and recalled his Grimer, "You know... I let you win. So, you know..."

"SHUT IT!" Danica shouted, and recalled Harley. "Enough. Now. Fossil. Hand it over."

"Y-Yes..." the Super nerd replied, feeling as humiliated as he could feel. He showed her his Fossils again and told Danica to pick one. She was drawn immediately to the spiraly one, the Helix Fossil. "I'll take that one." Danica said.

DANICA obtained a HELIX FOSSIL!

"By the way... um... Keep going through there..." the Nerd said, pointing at a small passageway, "Go that way and you'll be in Cerulean City in no time. And nice battle, by the way."

"Yeah, whatever. Thanks for the Fossil." Danica said. She was already back to her rude, unfriendly self. "Bye."

She sprinted towards that direction, wanting to get out of Mt. Moon as soon as possible. She moved like a purple ninja through the rocks and stones, and soon she had reached the exit. However, the stress from the battle and the exhaustion from the sprint had taken a toll on her. After taking a few steps in the open air, she suddenly collapsed and lost consciousness.

Years
8RsK8Hk.png

Tasman Bailey
Intensity - Part Three: Majesta vs Arrow
418.png
016.png
033.png
403.png

"Arrow is a tad impatient, so let's start things of. Arial Ace!" the Spearow cawed before flapping its wings hard and climbing in altitude quickly. Majesta immediately started beating her own wings, determined not to give Arrow the advantage of height. It was as Majesta ascended though that Arrow closed his wings and suddenly streaked forwards towards her.

"Majesta, Air Slash!" Tasman called in response, Majesta opening her wings before thrusting them forwards, producing a blade of shining, compressed air that launched towards the rapidly approaching Spearow.
"Dodge it!" Clarity instructed, Arrow abandoning his attack and spiralling away before flaring his wings to Majesta's left "Quick Attack!" Arrow was suddenly a blur as he launched forwards towards Majesta, Tasman responding the only way he could to counter the priority move
"You too, Majesta!" Like Arrow, Majesta was barely visible as she darted forwards meeting Arrow in a furious crash.

In the aftermath of the collision Arrow, who had been somewhat above Majesta, was flung back in an upwardly-skewed trajectory whilst Majesta pelted downwards to slam hard into the ground with a loud shriek.
"That looked like it hurt" Clairty said from the other side of the field, Arrow righting himself in the air.
"Don't count Majesta out, you've never seen fighting spirit like hers" Even as Tasman finished his sentence, Majesta sprung back into the air with an angry caw, she looked determined to repay Arrow.
"Arrow, Steel Wing!" Using his greater altitude to enhance his attack, Arrow flew towards Majesta with silver wings.
"Dodge it and use Sand Attack!" Tasman called to Majesta, who looked like she didn't even need the instruction. The Pidgey through her body back until she was on her back, and as Arrow flew over her she flung her wings forward hard launching sand trapped in her feathers from her fall into the face of her opponent.

Arrow screeched at the sand in his eyes and begun veering in crazy direction, flapping madly and blinking like crazy in an effort to clear his stinging eyes.
"Majesta, he doesn't seem to know where to go. Let's help him stay aloft shell we?" Clarity looked confused at this until she heard Tasman's command "Twister!" As Majesta beat het wings a spiralling gust formed, soon becoming a rotating vortex of wind on the battlefield. The tornado moved forwards towards Arrow, who with his temporarily impaired vision flew directly into it. The Twister pulled Arrow inside, throwing him around in brutal rotations before fading as it through him out towards Majesta.
"Now's your chance, Brave Bird!" Tasman called, Majesta flapped her wings a few times for extra altitude before snapping them shut and hurtling towards the disoriented Arrow, a red aura blazing around her. Clarity opened her mouth in shock, surprised that Majesta knew the powerful move, which was very rare for a Pidgey. As Majesta neared her target Clarity's worry was evident, and yet she still spluttered an instruction just as Arrow was about to be hit
"Barrel roll and use Steel Wing!"

In the split second before Majesta hit him, Arrow suddenly closed his own wings and barrel-rolled in the air. Majesta narrowly missing her fellow flier, however as she passed over the top of arrow, he opened a single wing – a wing that shimmered a metallic silver – and using his rotation slammed it onto the top of Majesta. Majesta, still coated in the aura of her attack, streaked towards the ground and collided with it in an explosion of dust and dirt.
"The power of her own attack must have made that worse" Clarity said, breathing surprisingly deeply given that she had been holding her breath only a short while during the aerial skirmish. Majesta cawed weekly, stumbling forward on her feet before giving a fierce battle cry, and shakily at first, taking to the sky again.
"Air Slash!" Tasman called, impressed as always by Majesta's determination, Clarity was having none of that though
"Quick Attack!" Arrow dodged the blade of air, and using his rapid momentum slammed into Majesta sending her towards the ground, however before she crashed she launched a second Air Slash, this attack catching Arrow by surprise and sending him flying into the side of the bike shop with a loud thump, Arrow slid to the ground slowly even as Majesta pushed herself to her feet, flexing her wings to check for damage. Soon, Arrow was doing the same thing until the two birds caught each others' eyes anyway.
"I guess they won't preen forever" Clarity said across the battlefield, Tasman chuckling at the comment
"I guess not, shall we?" both trainers grinned determinedly at each other as their pokemon took to the sky, simultaneously calling their attacks
"Quick Attack!" both trainers called, in a flurry of motion their pokemon diving for each other.

Over and over the two flying-types collided with each other at a furious pace, each trying to outspeed and out fly the other. They seemed closely matched as they repeatedly met with violent force in the centre of the battlefield. Both pokemon performed increasing elaborate manoeuvres as they dodged around attacks and dived for each other, only to clash and be launched away before resuming their frantic battle for superiority. With a loud crash and furious squawks the two birds flung away from each other again.
"This isn't working, Air Slash!" Majesta seemed to agree because she immediately changed tactic, flinging her wings forward and sending her attack careening towards Arrow. Clarity however, didn't seem concerned
"Use Steel Wing!" in an instant Arrows wings were shimmering silver as he spun again, using his hardened wings to knock away the powerful attack, but the Spearow and his trainer weren't done yet "Arial Ace!" Clarity yelled excitedly, Arrow diving suddenly, his wings snapping closed as he streaked down and slammed into Majesta once more. Tasman's Pidgey once again flew hard into the ground with a crashing sound that rarely suggested a hope at a pokemon getting back up any time soon… and yet Majesta did. With a feeble, struggle and rapid flapping of her wings the Pidgey managed to get back to her feet.
"I'm impressed, you weren't kidding about her having unmatched fighting spirit. It's a shame I have to wrap things up. Arrow use – " Clarity's voice stopped cold. Majesta's was glowing a vivid white, her body seeming to grow and shift slightly as she shone. Until with a squawk she suddenly extended her now larger wingspan, the glow shattering with the movement.
"Well that's not good" Clarity said, blinking with surprise
"That's a matter of perspective." Majesta was severely battered and bruised, but both she and Tasman felt their confidence returned now that she'd evolved.

Majesta evolved into a Pidgeotto!

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Route 4
Wakey Wakey, Danica!

The blue-haired girl that had been lying unconscious just outside Mt. Moon for the past two hours slowly regained her senses. She had a vague summary in her mind of her trek through Mt. Moon, however she could not remember certain details, such as what had happened before she passed out. What she felt was a hangover-esque thing, as if her brain had gone into overdrive to get out of the cave and then suddenly shut down. She scratched her head, removing some twigs and small pieces of dust that had clung to her hair while she was out cold.

"Ugh..." she said, "I'm all sore..."

She groggily pulled out her Pokégear, and checked her Map App. The device showed her that she was on Route 4, and that Cerulean city was just a couple miles away. A faint grin made its way to her face, and she carefully stood up. Having been lying on the hard ground for so long was not exactly doing wonders to her back, but she figured she'd take care of that when she got to the city. At the moment, all she wanted was to check in at the Pokémon Center and get her Pokémon rested up. Then she'd worry about accomodation. Given that she was not feeling well, both physically and mentally, she decided she'd postpone her Gym battle for the following day.

Having made sure she had all her belongings with her, Danica Chandler then began to walk east, where Cerulean City awaited for her arrival. As she walked, she could hear a cry coming from one of her Pokéballs. It was Harley, who, still poisoned was crying because of his condition. What the... When did Harley get poisoned? she thought, and immediately checked on Curtis, who had fainted. And how did Curtis faint? Jeez... I gotta get to Cerulean and fast!

But she knew better than to just sprint and suffer the same fate as in Route 3. She took out an Antidote from her bag and removed the condition from her Skiddo. Now that poison was not gonna keep hampering her progress, she continued moving forward. She took a deep breath of the clean mountain air and gazed at the City that stood standing in the horizon. Cerulean City... Here I come!

Years
8RsK8Hk.png

Tasman Bailey
A Rivalry is Born
418.png
017.png
033.png
403.png

"Arrow, you're in the lead. She's still taken more damage than you, we've got this evolution or not. Steel Wing!" The Spearow let lose a fierce battle cry as his wings became a metallic silver. He flapped for a bit of altitude and then streaked towards Majesta. If Majesta could have moved her beak to form an expression, she'd probably have given a confident smirk.
"Majesta, let him get close." Majesta didn't move, not until Arrow was too close to avoid her incoming attack "Air Slash!" she flung her wings forward suddenly, a blade of air, larger than it used to be, launched right into the incoming Spearow.

Arrow was sent flying backwards with a loud bang, now it was his turn to barely struggle to his feet. This would be the last attack, win or lose for either of them.
"Ready Tasman?" Clarity called from across the battlefield
"Let's do it" Tasman replied
"Arial Ace!"
"Brave Bird!"

Both birds flew upwards, then for each other. Arrow, streaked forwards as Majesta launched towards him, a blazing aura bursting into existence around her. Both trainers felt their hearts bating hard, both held their breath. The audience was silent with anticipation. Then there was a clash in the air above them. Majesta was tossed back, but she managed to right her self. Arrow however, went careening into the ground and fainted upon the impact. The crowd erupted into cheering and clapping, both trainers had performed admirably but Tasman had emerged victorious.

"You were amazing Arrow, we'll get 'em next time" Clarity said, her voice suddenly lacking all the energy she had previously displayed. Without another word, she turned and walked away, leaving Tasman stunned.
I haven't known her for longer than this battle really, but that doesn't seem quite right… he couldn't think on it much more though, because he was lost in congratulations from the crowd and the voice of the referee as he handed him a voucher.
"You can use that whenever you want, just bring it in and you can have any bike from our new range."
"Uh… yeah, thank you" Tasman said, taking the voucher he didn't even want and heading away from the bike shop and back over to the neighbouring pokemon centre. Thankfully, there wasn't a long wait and after a few trainers had their pokemon taken by the nurse he was able to hand in his team.
"You're back pretty soon, I guess you took my advice about the bike shop" the nurse laughed
"It was a great idea" Tasman chuckled himself "I won actually… not that I even want a bike."
"Congratulations. Your pokemon will be ready in a little while, there'll be a bit of a wait this time though."

Tasman left the cue and was about to head out of the door towards Nugget Bridge when he stopped suddenly. Clarity was sitting alone in the corner of the pokecentre. Tasman turned back around and went to sit next to the Cerulean trainer.
"That was a great battle" The blonde girl looked around, surprised to see Tasman sitting there. Tasman was surprised to, she looked like she was barely restraining tears.
"Yeah… it was" Clarity responded, her voice lacking even a semblance of her former enthusiasm. Tasman had to restrain a sigh, it wasn't any of his business but he didn't enjoy seeing people upset.
"Why are you so downcast?" he said trying to be as tactful as he could "You don't really seem the type to be this sad at losing a battle, especially after having me on the ropes like you did. Is everything okay?" The girl's expression didn't change even a little; evidently talking about it was something she did not want to do.

Tasman was about to apologise for bothering her and leave when she surprised him by responding.
"I can't go on a journey now." The surprises kept on coming, Tasman's jaw fell open
"What?!?! Why not?"
"My parents are really overprotective of me" Clarity said, her voice quivering in a way that saddened Tasman to his core "but my cousin got them to agree to let me go so long as I had a bike and was good enough to beat Misty. I can't afford a bike, and I couldn't get one any other way but winning, which obviously I didn't. Besides, if I can't even win a stupid bike how am I meant to beat someone as good as Misty?"
"Is she really that good?" Tasman asked
"Easily the best trainer in Cerulean City" Clarity laughed humourlessly "I've seen her beat a trainer without a single of her pokemon fainting or even taking damage, and he even had a Pikachu which could do super-effective damage. What was I thinking?"

Tasman felt an unpleasant knot in his stomach, listening to Clarity was heartbreaking. However, he was well aware that he had the means to fix at least half of the problem.
"I don't even want the bike"
"Do I look like I need you to rub it in?!" Clarity demanded of him "just go"
"That's not what I meant" Tasman pulled the voucher from his pocket "I don't want the bike, you can have it. It's a voucher so you can even choose which one you want." The anger quickly faded from Clarity's face, she stood blankly at Tasman for several moments, stunned by what he said.
"Are you serious?"
"Of course" Tasman grinned "I prefer to move at my own pace, so I don't really need a bike. Besides, I can't have a trainer as good as you stuck here in Cerulean can I?"

Clarity leapt to her feet excitedly and wrapped her arms around the still-sitting Tasman, practically crushing his ribs.
"Thank you! This is great! Thank You! You're the best!" the words spilled from her mouth, Tasman on the other hand was wondering if his face was turning blue from lack of oxygen.
"Suffocation is not the best thank you" he managed to choke out, causing his newfound friend to jump back, her face becoming extremely red as she realised she'd very nearly hugged someone she'd just met to death.
"I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed, falling back into her chair "I barely know you and I randomly hugged you and I insulted you and-"
"Relax" Tasman interjected, grinning "I didn't die so it's all good."
"Are you sure?"
"Very"
"I still have to beat Misty, I couldn't even beat you." Tasman shook his head
"If Majesta hadn't evolved you'd have won. It was just luck on my part… which judging from experience these last couple of days means I'm about due for something horrible to happen."
"What?" Clarity remarked. Tasman laughed, deciding it would be wise to change the subject
"It's a long story, but yes. You could have beaten me if it weren't for luck. So don't use me as a gauge. Besides, you won't know if you can win if you don't even challenge the gym. Why are your parents so overprotective?"

Clarity found herself laughing along with Tasman now, her mood having completely changed. She seemed much more like the girl Tasman had battle now.
"Luck huh? Well I guess you're right. As for my parents, well it's kind of my own fault really." Tasman raised an eyebrow "I did something stupid when I was little and damaged my lungs, so I can't do too much strenuous activity or I might need surgery again. They take it way too far though, I can swim and run for a while and I just have to stop when it starts hurting. I'm lucky I have my cousin, she's an amazing trainer – she's been in leagues and everything – but she's really good at making a point too. So now I just have to beat Misty and it won't matter, I'll be able to go on my journey."

Tasman nodded at the conclusion of Clarity's story; everything made total sense now. He'd never have guessed Clarity would have a health problem like what she described, she seemed so vibrant and healthy. It just went to show you could never judge a book by its cover.
"Glad to see you're feeling more confident. I'm going to challenge her later myself."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah, I'm going to go see the cape first though." Clarity seemed lost in thought for a while before grinning broadly
"Let's meet at the gym this afternoon, we can watch each other's battles."
"An excellent idea" Tasman said, he was looking forward to watching what was sure to be an exciting battle. Clarity gave Tasman a devious look suddenly though
Oh God… now what?
"Do you really think I can win, or were you just trying to make me feel better?"
Ohhhhhhhh
"I admit I wanted to cheer you up, but honestly I don't know if you can win or not. You're really good though, so you've definitely got a chance. Probably better than mine!" Tasman laughed "I know that I intend to make it to the league though, and I'd like to think I'll see my new rival there."
"I don't recall agreeing to be your rival"
"I don't recall asking" Tasman teased causing Clarity to shake her head
"Well if that's the case, we better both win our battles. I'll see you at the gym." Clarity rose to collect her pokemon, the nurse calling for her
"See you then, Clarity"
"Oh yeah two things" she said "Firstly, I prefer Clare. Secondly, don't get messed up by the thugs on Nugget Bridge. Bye!"

With that the two trainers parted, although they'd soon be seeing each other again.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gelius Emerald - Cerulean City - G. Clark's secret weapon on his sleeve! V.S. Croconaw!​

I had already enough troubles.

"Bubbles! Lets finish him with Body Slam!" I said. Bubbles started to run towards Croconaw. Croconaw did not moved. Then Bubbles jumped. Then Gary Clark speaks up:

"Checkmate. Croconaw evade and Brick Break!" He said. For a Croconaw, he was fast to evade a Body Slam. Then Croconaw hits Bubbles and smashes him to the ground. "Now Iron Tail!" Croconaw sweeps his tail and makes my Pokemon to get thrown back to a wall. "Now multiple Ice Punch!" Croconaw moved at a high speed, more than normal, closed his fists and then punched continuously on Bubbles. He might have trained well his Croconaw. "Now Crunch!" Croconaw grabbed Bubbles by his fangs. He manages to go to a roof, and then throws Bubbles to the air.

"Bubbles!" I shouted.

"Croconaw! Now its time for your smashing move! Brick Break!" He said. When Bubbles was at a perfect time and place for Croconaw (When falling), Croconaw punched him downwards, making him to crash to the ground so hard.

I ran towards Bubbles and saw him unconscious. I retrieved him.

"This will teach you to not meddle with me." He said and left along Larry and a lot of cheerleaders.

I ran to the Pokemon Center. The Nurse saw me.

"Oh no! You were defeated by Misty?" She asked.

"No..." I said.

"Nugget Bridge Gang?" She asked.

"No." I said.

"Gang of Bugs?" She asked.

"What?! No!" I said.

"Lt. Surge?" She asked.

"F*** your theories! I lost against Gary Clark." I yelled at her. "Heal my Pokemon please."

She sighs. "Alright. Gary Clark defeated you with Croconaw?"

"You know him?" I asked.

"Of course. Everyone knows Gary Clark. Who are you?" She asked. She gave me the 3 Pokemon.

I face-palmed. She is right. I come by, people wonder who am i, and when i leave, everyone forgets me. Who cares...

I left the Pokemon Center and i went right to the Nugget Bridge.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Route 4
The Slow Pokémon!

Danica was walking towards the city on the horizon when she suddenly felt an odd sensation in her legs. It was like they had suddenly turned to jelly. She figured that whatever had happened at Mt. Moon that she could not remember was to blame, and that it had certainly been a long trek and she could use some minutes to rest. Given that Cerulean City was so close by, she thought, why not? It's not like a couple minutes to rest her tired legs were going to make a big difference, right?

She sat down and sent out Harley, who immediately nuzzled the blue-haired girl. Danica returned her Pokémon's affection by petting her goat-like Pokémon with a smile. It was a quite adorable sight to behold. The sun looked like it had been up in the sky for too long, and it began to make its way to the other side in the world at a slow pace. And speaking of slow pace, there was a like nearby, where a dopey Pokémon with a vacant look was resting. It let out a yawn that drew Danica's attention.

Wait a minute, I know that Pokémon! It's a Slowpoke! she said to herself, Part Water, part Psychic! She quickly went through her travelling bag to check if she had spare Pokéballs, which, to her delight, she had. She turned to Harley.

"Okay, Harley, I know you are very tired, but we're gonna try to catch that Pokémon over there." she said, pointing at the pink, dopey Pokémon that did not change its position, "Are you ready?" Harley yawned and stretched out his body and replied with a nod. With a smirk Danica got up and proceeded to walk over to the Slowpoke, who took no notice of anything.

"Harley, use Leech Seed!" she commanded.

Harley spat out some seeds that enveloped the Slowpoke, who let out a confused cry. It turned to see that a girl and a Skiddo had engaged in battle with it. Sigh... Can't one have a little time to rest? the Slowpoke thought, even though resting was what she had been doing pretty much all her life.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
A r t
235MS.png

viridian forest

The forest was green and alive. An emerald world enveloped Art as she kept walking, stumbling every other step on roots and rocks. She could not believe that she was actually here.

A few days earlier, she had left Vermilion by boat, set for Pallet Town. Traveling alone was something she had never ever done before, despite being twenty years old. She had stayed within her room on the boat for most part of the trip, until seasickness forced her out into the fresh air just in time to see the shores south of Pallet approach.

She hadn't stayed in the tiny town for more than the few minutes it took for her to walk straight through it and find the route north towards Viridian City. Civilization. Not that she particularly enjoyed being around people either, though. Which was why the forest she knew lay beyond entranced her so.

Forest were beautiful, full of life that usually wasn't human... She had painted many forests in her life, but not been inside of them herself very often. And definitely not an ancient one like Viridian Forest. But here she found herself now. And she was utterly and completely lost.

Taking up the pokédex she had picked up in Viridian's pokémon center, she tried to make sense of the map in it. But the signal was weak. She must have wandered further than she thought. Her feet were starting to ache and the cyan cotton shirt she was wearing was starting to feel much warmer than it should.

Feeling alive?

Instantly, she slammed her hands over her ears, but she knew that it wouldn't help. When the voice came, it could not be blocked out.

Stop panicking. You're alive and well in a beautiful place. Can't you see? Can't you hear?

Art closed her eyes, but slowly let her hands fall back to her sides. The world around her was quiet. Though, not completely. Something was moving in the bushes. Branches were creaking above her. Could it be...?

When she opened her eyes, something was looking back at her.

((OOC: just a little something to get me going!))

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Capri
077MS.png

"Gosh, golly!" Capri stood with a map of Pewter city directly in front of her face. "We could go visit the Museum of Science! I bet they have some neat things!" This was the first city Capri had been able to stop and actually get a chance to explore since she started her journey. She was a long way away from her ranch up towards Fuchsia City, which isn't exactly the most admirable city to visit anyways.

Standing next to Capri, was her small pony-like pokemon, Ponyta. The Ponyta went by the name Crim and enjoyed being by her trainer's side. She looked up at her trainer as she continued to observe the map.

"We could also challenge the Gym Leader to a battle!" Capri cheered out as she pointed to the picture of the Pewter Gym. Crim whinnied in agreement. She sure did love to battle.

"All right, partner. First we will go to the museum. And then we will challenge.. and beat... our first gym leader!" The Ponyta seemed less then enthused with having to go to the museum, but she knew that once her trainer finally finished exploring the city they would be battling the gym leader!

Capri's eyes widen as they walked through the doors of the museum. There were fossils on display in glass exhibits all throughout the room.

"Now ain't this a purdy place." Capri gawked in amazement while Crim just yawned. Capri giggled at her pokemon. "Goodness gracious, Crim! Can't you ever be amused by anything besides battles!" The Ponyta just chuckled. Silly trainer, nothing is more amusing than battles.

Two large skeletons captured Capri's eyes.
141_f.png
142_f.png

"Kabutos and Aerodactyl. Shew! Could you imagine battling these monsters!?" Crim shook her head. Challenge accepted. A chuckle could be heard from behind Capri. She turned around to see a dark skinned man with squinted eyes, who was also admiring the fossils.

"I couldn't help but chuckle at your Ponyta. She seems very spirited." He looked down at the Ponyta, who was just beaming with charisma. I'm sorry. I didn't introduce myself. I'm Brock." He pulled out his hand for Capri to shake.

"Well Howdy!" She smiled as she shook his hand. He didn't even need to introduce himself. Capri had recognized him from the map, which had an article all about him!" I know exactly who you are and I am planning on challenging you to a gym battle right after I finish looking at all the fossils in this museum!"

Brock smiled. "Very well then. I will be expecting you at my gym here soon!" He nodded his head at her and continued to look at the fossils for a bit. "I am actually about to head back to my gym now. Feel free to come in the next hour!" He waved goodbye and started to make his way out of the museum.

As the pokemon and trainer duo watched as the gym leader exited, Capri whispered to Crim,"I heard he was a good cook. Ya reckon he would make us a meal after we beat him?"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
A r t
235MS.png

viridian forest

It was a Beedrill. Art didn't have to be an expert on pokémon species to know this one. It stared at her where it sat, completely still, on a branch in the old tree in front of her. Beedrill were dangerous, weren't they? Its long lances and venomous stinger gleamed in what sunlight sailed down between the leaves above. She could run. But it might catch up with her. It likely would. She was stumbling even when walking, running would be suicide.

You are a pokémon trainer now, the voice inside her head said.

"Oh..." Art let out, making the Beedrill's wings twitch in anticipation.

She grabbed the only occupied pokéball at her belt and made it grow to full size in her hand. Smeargle had been inside for her whole journey so far. They hadn't done more than say hello and had one dinner together before Art left Vermilion. Would he fight for her? Regardless, it was her only option now. Unless she would throw an empty pokéball directly at the insect and hope for the best. But that struck her as ridiculous.

"Smeargle," she said and held out the orb, almost stuttering. "Come out!"

The normal type pokémon came out in sparkles of light, and the instant the wild pokémon saw him, it took off into the air above their heads. Smeargle followed it with his eyes for a moment before he turned back to face his trainer. They blinked at each other.

"Hello," Art finally said.

"Smee," her expensive pokémon greeted back, with a nod.

They didn't have time for more, before a buzzing noise became stronger and stronger and made them both look up. Beedrill was charging down at them, lances at the ready! They both jumped aside and managed to narrowly avoid the attack. Beedrill halted its descent a second before it would have hit the soil, and bounced up again, this time readying its tail stinger.

Smeargle gave Art a blaming look, which she interpreted well.

"I don't know what to tell you!" she cried. "I don't know how to battle!"

He rolled his eyes. Luckily, he did.

Suddenly, it was as if his figure became difficult to look at. Art tried to follow his movement between the ferns on the ground, but it was as if he had suddenly split into two. Or three? Beedrill dove again, but missed, instead ramming a particularly large fern and having to twist around a bit to be able to take air again.

You're stressed up. Be logical.

"Shut up!" Art muttered to herself, not looking away from the fight.

Just learn, will you?

Learn. Collect data. Pokédex! She quickly tossed her bag down and grabbed the licence machine from one of the outer pockets, pointing it at the vague shape of Smeargle. 'Double team', the screen stated. A well known move to increase evasiveness. Her pokémon knew how to battle strategically. What more moves did he know? 'Thunderpunch, Icepunch, Firepunch,' she read. 'Mimic, Swift.' She'd better just try something.

"Swift!" she shouted when Beedrill seemed to charge with its lances once more.

She could have sworn that she saw a smile on Smeargle's face as his form returned to one solid and he grabbed his pink tail with one hand. The tip of the tail started glowing white and he swung it towards his enemy in the last second, firing a beam of star shaped rays which stopped the Beedrill's descent and made it flail around in pain in the air.

It's thrown off balance. Now's your chance!

Art didn't even bother to tell the voice to shut up now. Instead she called out: "Firepunch!"

Smeargle clenched his fist until a flame suddenly erupted from it and soon enveloped the whole hand. He lunged upwards and delivered a punch to the wild pokémon's midsection. Singed, Beedrill fell to the ground, legs and wings fluttering around in panic.

Art raised her eyebrows and couldn't help but throwing a smile in Smeargle's direction. She felt her heart soar when the eager creature actually smiled back at her.

Don't forget...

"What?"

Oh, are you listening to me now?

"No," Art said, but she had realized what the voice meant as the hurt insect struggled on the ground in front of her.

Loosening an empty pokéball from her belt, she tossed it at the wild pokémon as she had seen trainers do on TV. It worked, and the pokémon was sucked inside. Smeargle carefully walked closer as the ball wiggled from side to side... And finally clicked in place. Art had captured a Beedrill.

Smeargle picked the ball up and returned it to his trainer with an anticipating look.

"Thanks," she said and fastened it on her belt. She felt oddly accomplished now. Granted, she hadn't done much. It was Smeargle who had battled. "Thanks," she repeated, her eyes more directly on his.

"Smee," he said, as if content with that.

So that was what it could be like, to be a pokémon trainer. Battle in the wild, without rules and without safety net. Capture wild creatures. But she also had the gym challenge ahead; that was what the licence was for. Smeargle seemed okay, despite being purchased for her and not having any reason to trust or like her yet. Maybe he had been groomed to like people easily? But Beedrill... Could she battle with that one? She still had much to learn.

At least the voice didn't give her any smart remark when they continued walking through the forest. She was too calm and happy to be insane right now.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Capri
077MS.png

Even though Capri enjoyed visiting the museum, she was practically oozing excitement (ew) to battle Brock! Unfortunately, the only Pokemon Capri had was a fire type. Brock specializes in rock type pokemon. Rock can do some serious damage to Fire. There is no way Capri could defeat Brock with Crim alone.

"You're only lost if you think you are lost." That was Capri's logic as she meandered through Viridian Forest. She was on the hunt for a grass type pokemon. They were pretty effective against rock types. She had placed back in her Pokemon because her silly Ponyta would attempt to pick a fight with any Pokemon that they encountered.

As she ventured deeper into the forest a sweet aroma began to fill the air around her. It was getting stronger and stronger as Capri was getting further and further into the vast forest. A pair of roses, one red and one blue, were sticking out of the dense grass. "I wonder if that sweet smell is coming for those flowers!" She quickly skipped over to flowers. She bent down to sniff the roses only to be startled when she realized that those two roses were attached to a pokemon!

"Holy Miltank!" She hollered as the pokemon sprang up in the air shooting tiny thorns right into the startled girl's face. Capri let out a sharp "OUCH!" as she pulled the painful thorns out of her cheeks. "Gosh dang it, you rotten little stinker." She scolded the flower pokemon, who was now chuckling at the injured trainer. Capri pulled out the handy-dandy Pokedex she had received at the beginning of her journey and pointed it at the Pokemon. She watched as data began to fill the screen.
Spr_4d_315_m.png
"Roselia the thorn Pokemon. Roselia shoots sharp thorns as projectiles at any opponent that tries to steal the flowers on its arms. The aroma of this Pokémon brings serenity to living things."​
"Bless ya heart! I truly didn't mean to touch your flowers!" Capri frowned. "Well I mean, if I knew they were attached to you I wouldn't have done such a thang!" This is not a good start to gaining a good bond with a pokemon. But then again, she is about to call out Crim to battle this Roselia so she can capture it….

The Roselia glared at Capri, ready to battle. "Okay, Crim! Here's what you've been waiting for!" Crim shot out of the pokeball. But once she was aware of her surrounding she seemed awfully confused. Well this is a funny place for a rock gym. The Ponyta lowered her head in disappointment. They were obviously not at the Pewter Gym.

Capri let out an awkward little laugh. "So uh, I need to capture this Roselia, so we have a decent shot on beating Brock." Crim rolled her eyes. Silly trainer, I could demolish Brock's team all by myself.

"Okie dokie! Time to use ember!" Crim spat out small spurts of fire. Roselia quickly avoided the flames and shot out some purple needles towards the Ponyta. Like Roselia, Crim was able to dodge the thistles of the poison sting. Both Pokemon stood across from each other with fury in their eyes. This Roselia seemed like quite the fighter.

"Well darn! It's quicker than I thought! Capri put her hands on her hips as she thought about her next move. "Okay, Crim use double team!" Yay! Yay! Yay! We are still battling. Crim's enthusiasm was through the roof at this point. Crim began to circle around the Thorn Pokemon, as her speed increased it seemed to make more and more figures of the Ponyta appear. You could tell that this was starting to confuse the Roselia. Roselia began to shoot out needles at a rapid pace hitting the figures, causing them to vanish.

"Great! Now use ember!" While Roselia was confusing herself as she was missing the actual target, Crim launched out a stream of embers at Roselia. They all hit the pokemon directly causing her to collapse to the ground. Ponyta then ran up closer to the pokemon to give it a good stomp with her front hoof. Even though she was obviously injured from the ember attack, The Roselia managed to dodge the stomp. Her two roses began to glow a bright white aura and Capri could physically see the energy being taken away from Crim and going in to the Roselia. Crim cried out as the energy drained out of her.

"Jeez!" Capri's reaction was geared more towards Roselia. It was nice seeing how much of a fight this Pokemon was going to put up. She's a perfect match for the team.

"Crim, you're gonna have to try a little bit harder now! Kay?" Don't worry trainer! We got this!

"Time to use flame wheel!" Capri cheered on. Her Ponyta engulfed into an inferno as she galloped straight for Roselia. Roselia tried to leap out of the way, but she was too injured from the ember attack. It was a direct hit! As the fire died down, it was clear to see that the poor Roselia had fainted.

Inside of the left front pocket of Capri's overalls were a handful of pokeballs. Capri grabbed one and threw it towards the Roselia. A red light emerged from the open pokeball and absorbed the Roselia into the ball. The ball then began to wiggle side to side as Capri and Crim patiently waited. "Oh, Crim! This could be our first capture!"

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
Mysterious Caller

Delta
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Delta fell against the soft bed in his hotel room. How long had it been since he'd left Pewter city? 2 Months? In reality it had only been a few days. Either way the young Unovan boy was glad to have showered and changed out of his ruined clothes. He yawned and accidentally knocked over his bag, causing the intriguing stone he had obtained in mount moon to fall out. He had almost forgotten about the stone, completely neglecting to mention it to Jordan before they had parted ways. He also hadn't told Gelius, but the last thing Delta remembered the boy had fallen into the river.

There was a knock on the door, the pizza Delta had ordered had finally arrived. Delta carried the box over to the counter where he began to dish up some of the mouth watering bacon olive and sausage pie onto several silver trimmed white plates. This is why I always book the VIP room! Delta chuckled to his Pokémon who were all sitting around a chessboard. Slow, the Slowpoke from route 4, happened to be very intelligent and had managed to teach Riley the fundamentals of the game. I'd say move your knight to D6 Riley. His Queen's gonna checkmate you otherwise. Delta offered upon eying the board. Riley, agreeing with Delta did as he was told. Slow, upon putting on a curious looking frown that must have been very hard for the Pokémon to make, flipped the table in a gesture of defiance. Save it for the gym Slow. Delta smiled setting the table. The Slowpoke sighed in reply, and at that moment the phone began to rang.

Hello? Cerulean cape. 10PM tonight, the inventor of the Pokémon Storage System, is going to be attacked by team rocket. A very important prototype of a device created by your friend Mr. Stones company is their target. Who is this? Hello?!
Click!

Delta looked at the clock. 8:02PM

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Capri
077MS.png
315MS.png

The pokeball wiggled side to side three times. Click. Roselia had been caught!

"Yee-haw!" Capri clicked the heels of her boots together as she jumped up in the air. Her first capture as a Pokemon trainer. How exciting! Crim reared up with her trainer. Not only did she win her first battle, but she helped her trainer add a new friend to the team! Well.... hopefully Roselia will want to be her friend.

"Well, we should skedaddle out of this here forest and get y'all to a Pokemon Center!" Capri returned her Ponyta back to her pokeball and began her journey out of Viridian Forest. It took a good bit longer to find her way back to Pewter City, but like Capri always said "You're only lost if ya think you're lost!" Great advice.

A pink-haired nurse with the sweetest smile greeted Capri as she entered the Center. Capri handed her the pokeballs containing Crim and her newly captured Roselia. "They will be fully healed in about ten minutes." The nurse said in a soothing voice as she placed the pokeballs in machine and turned the power on. A feint hum could be heard as power could be seen going into the pokeballs.

This gave Capri enough time to eat a good snack before her first battle with Brock! She made her way to the vending machine located in the corner of the center. There was a short line of other trainers purchasing their own snacks. "I wonder what the goals are of these other trainers." She thought to herself.

A boy, who looked a few years younger than Capri was standing right in front of her. He was wearing a yellow hat, white cotton t-shirt that looked a few sizes too large, a pair of yellow shorts, and yellow sneakers with white laces. He was very color coordinated. Capri tapped him on the back of his shoulder with her index finger. "Excuse me, hun." She smiled. He awkwardly turned around and just stared at her. "I was just a wonderin' what ya goals are here!" This poor child seemed puzzled as to why this large green-eyed ginger was randomly asking her questions.

"Well uh, I want.... I want.... to win. I want to win all eight badges." He finally spit the words out.

"Shew-wee! Same here!" Capri raised her hand out for a high five, but the boy just stared at her, still puzzled as to why this girl had so much energy. Does this girl not realize that this is seriously the goal of just about every trainer?

"Um, I'm gonna grab my snack now." By the time Capri and this youngster finished their conversation they had reached the front of the line and the boy had already chosen his snack. He bent down to opening and grabbed his snack of choice, a bag of cheddar Wailord-shaped crackers. They looked yummy.

"Bye." He mumbled.

"See ya around, hawney!" Capri waved(her hand was still up in the air from the reject high-five) as the boy quickly walked away, ready for this awkward confrontation to end.

"Ooh chips.... and a candy bar! and cookies!" Capri awed at all the delicious choices she had. Her eyes scanned the rows of snacks. "Eh. Might as well buy them all." And with that Capri placed enough money into the vending machine and out came her chips, candy bar and cookies. She took a seat on one of the comfy couches that were located inside the center and happily munched on her snacks as she waited for her Pokemon to heal up. She was going to go sit with the youngster, but he had already left by the time she reached the resting area.

With her candy bar in her left hand, a cookie already placed in her mouth and her Pokedex in her right hand, she studied the information of Roselia that was added when the pokemon, who turned out being a female, was captured. She knew six moves: Absorb, Poison Sting, Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Poison Jab, and Return.

"Capri Castillo, Your Pokemon are ready for you." A voice called over the Intercom. Capri stood up, wiping the crums off her face and skipped to her pokemon. "Thank ya, darlin'!" She grinned as nurse joy handed her the two pokeballs.

Once she was outside of the pokemon she released her team out of their pokeballs to give them a pep talk before her match against Brock. Crim happily pranced around and Roselia just stood unhappily with her tiny little flower arms folded across each other.

"All righty, y'all! We are about to have our first gym battle! So, y'all better be on ya A-Game ya hear!?" Crim cheered. Yes, trainer! I will most definitely be on my A-Game! Roselia still stood with her arms crossed. Jeez woman, you just kidnapped me from my home and now you are gonna make me go to this so called gym. I don't even know what that is.

Back