• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I'm definatly lookikng forward to setting a solo record on the New NZ map
    Pity they removed the single player boards...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Totally. Definitely need to see at least one new small map. I enjoy the two we already have... but I gotta say I'm getting sick and tired of playing Firing Range. It pops up in the playlist so much, at least for TDM. I wish they'd balance out Nuketown in the mix. I'm fine with the price too, especially considering there's no "old-new maps" included. I think they're cool, but if you're going to release them, either do so for free or with a good number of other ones too.
    I do good on Firing Range so I don't have a prob with it. XD
    I can do good on Nuketown (most of the time), but the map itself is just a bad map.
    The reason why didn't have a prob with the old maps in the MW2 map pack was because I liked them maps in CoD4, it was nice to play on Crash or Overgrown again. I know lots of people had probs with it, said it was stupid, but since I loved the maps in CoD4... yea. XD

If its allowed in game, then it really shouldn't matter.I mean,you can't get mad if a gun allows ou to kill someone that way.If you die from that,then luck wasn't on your side,tough crap to deal with I know,but that the way the game is played.How do you think people in REAL war would have to deal with it?You are trying to kill alot of people but then your clip runs out so you die.Its just tough stuff that happens.You can get mad but you really can't blame no one else and just clap it up to the guy who got the kill on you.Thts what I do.And you know why?Cause its a game that is meant for everyone to enjoy.So while your there cursing your game out,the other guy is happily enjoy his game.That what everyone should do.People honestly take games too seriously.If you don't like it ,just turn it off;they were made to be played leisurely.
    All I can do is shake my head. -_-

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    The price is justifiable seeing as how we're getting more content than in MW2. People who complain about that either need to get a job, or don't play the game enough to get their moneys worth of the DLC.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • The map pack sounds like its going to have 4 rushed multiplayer maps and only 1 good zombie map. Treyarch isnt that great with map making unless its for their zombie mode, and even then some of their maps like five are just too tight and probably shouldve had more room. But more then likely Im not going to purchase the map pack because I dont like the BO multiplayer too much and all I would really play is the zombie mode. I just dont think 15 dollars would be a justifiable even for 5 new maps that shouldve already been in the game to begin with.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I'll definitely buy the map pack. Doesn't seem unreasonable for 5 maps.
    Anyways, I've been running a Scorpion Dual Wield, Ghost, Steady Aim, Marathon with Jammer and having quite good success. Basically flanking the enemies the entire game and setting up Jammer within close quarters and when the guys running hacker come in to take out the Jammer, you obliterate them. :P

Years
  • I'll definitely buy the map pack. Doesn't seem unreasonable for 5 maps.
    Anyways, I've been running a Scorpion Dual Wield, Ghost, Steady Aim, Marathon with Jammer and having quite good success. Basically flanking the enemies the entire game and setting up Jammer within close quarters and when the guys running hacker come in to take out the Jammer, you obliterate them. :P
    Scorpion w/Dual Wield annoys the heck out of me. When I'm playing Gun Game with my friends, I usually spend the most time on that. The only thing in this game I Dual Wield are the Python and the M1911.

Speaking of Custom Classes, I've been running an old class I loved to use for fun in MW2. M60 w/ Infared Scope and Grip. I never do good with it here or there, but it is so fun to use and rewarding when you get a kill. I also found that the M16 w/IR actually gets an accuracy boost, so I've been using that to limited success.

Now, I was playing Kino Zombies solo a few hours ago. It was the end of round 5, and as the rounds were switching, I turned on the power and linked the first part of the teleporter. Well, it skipped over Round 6 and went to dogs on Round 7. I don't know why this happened, I just wanted to share this with you guys.

Finally, since I noticed that Arcanine is co-hosting the Video Game section of the New Years Get Together, I was wondering if a Black Ops zombies or multiplayer could be one of the games played. Just wondering as all.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Scorpion w/Dual Wield annoys the heck out of me. When I'm playing Gun Game with my friends, I usually spend the most time on that. The only thing in this game I Dual Wield are the Python and the M1911.

Speaking of Custom Classes, I've been running an old class I loved to use for fun in MW2. M60 w/ Infared Scope and Grip. I never do good with it here or there, but it is so fun to use and rewarding when you get a kill. I also found that the M16 w/IR actually gets an accuracy boost, so I've been using that to limited success.

The Scorpion by itself annoys me haha. I tried using it with different attachments so many times... but it's just not a fun weapon for me. In Gun Game I do just fine with it though, but in general... I hate it. Odd since I did enjoy it in CoD4.

And wait a minuuuute. M60 or M16? There was no M60 in MW2 multiplayer lolz.

Years
  • The Scorpion by itself annoys me haha. I tried using it with different attachments so many times... but it's just not a fun weapon for me. In Gun Game I do just fine with it though, but in general... I hate it. Odd since I did enjoy it in CoD4.

And wait a minuuuute. M60 or M16? There was no M60 in MW2 multiplayer lolz.
    My Mistake. I meant the MG4. Speaking of that gun, what was the difference between it and the M240? I realized none and I used them both somewhat.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I honestly couldn't tell you. I would hardly ever use either of those two. As a matter of fact, I hardly ever used that weapon class at all haha. Granted, I liked the MW2 LMG's better than the ones we have in Black Ops. The only LMG I ever use in BO is the Stoner, I can't stand any of the other ones.

Years
  • I honestly couldn't tell you. I would hardly ever use either of those two. As a matter of fact, I hardly ever used that weapon class at all haha. Granted, I liked the MW2 LMG's better than the ones we have in Black Ops. The only LMG I ever use in BO is the Stoner, I can't stand any of the other ones.
    I can stand them all except the RPK. It has to much recoil and you can't even burst fire with it. I love using the Stoner, but I wished it had Dual Mags. I would probably use it more. I enjoyed MW2's LMGs more than Black Ops.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Christmas noobs are everywhere now and I love it. My K/D has taken a huge spike since Xmas. I've gotten some crazy-good games in TDM playing against these people, one TDM I even went 55-3 which is my record for most TDM kills in any CoD now. Even got a a 53-1 earlier, and at one point in that game I was 50-0 but I finally died.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • I've been dying to take advantage of the christmas n00bs hardcore. But my ****** ISP back at my parents house has decided that 2Mbps is an acceptable rate to give us at night when we pay for a quoted rate of 16+, as such my connection bounces between 2-3 bars and if I'm lucky I get a game with 4 bars when my connection actually manages to make it to 7Mbps +. :(

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011

Now, I was playing Kino Zombies solo a few hours ago. It was the end of round 5, and as the rounds were switching, I turned on the power and linked the first part of the teleporter. Well, it skipped over Round 6 and went to dogs on Round 7. I don't know why this happened, I just wanted to share this with you guys.

Finally, since I noticed that Arcanine is co-hosting the Video Game section of the New Years Get Together, I was wondering if a Black Ops zombies or multiplayer could be one of the games played. Just wondering as all.

I've had that glitch happen to me a couple of times, it's annoying if you have the Bowie Knife, cause you miss out on an entire round of 1hit knife kills.
    BTW how do you use the IR scope on a full auto gun, I've had no luck.

The map pack sounds like its going to have 4 rushed multiplayer maps and only 1 good zombie map. Treyarch isnt that great with map making unless its for their zombie mode, and even then some of their maps like five are just too tight and probably shouldve had more room. But more then likely Im not going to purchase the map pack because I dont like the BO multiplayer too much and all I would really play is the zombie mode. I just dont think 15 dollars would be a justifiable even for 5 new maps that shouldve already been in the game to begin with.

Treyarch always deliver on the Zombies maps, however, as you stated the multiplayer maps usually don't deliever as well as they should. But there have been some good maps, I think, in the WaW map packs, like Nightfire. And come on, they can't do worse than CoD4's map pack, or MW2's first one.

Christmas noobs are everywhere now and I love it. My K/D has taken a huge spike since Xmas. I've gotten some crazy-good games in TDM playing against these people, one TDM I even went 55-3 which is my record for most TDM kills in any CoD now. Even got a a 53-1 earlier, and at one point in that game I was 50-0 but I finally died.

It really is wonderful, getting into a lobby with people who don't know the game, I've also seen a spike in my KD, boasting a .9 (I'm more of an objective guy), up from my dismal .53. It's also brought seasoned Zombies players in, which is great, as nearly every lobby (With the exception of last nights) was filled with people who went down on round five.

----------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to pose a question to all you Black Operators.

1. What is your favorite class set up?
    2. Highest N**i Zombie level?
    3. Will you/Have you prestiged yet?

Years
  • Christmas noobs are everywhere now and I love it. My K/D has taken a huge spike since Xmas. I've gotten some crazy-good games in TDM playing against these people, one TDM I even went 55-3 which is my record for most TDM kills in any CoD now. Even got a a 53-1 earlier, and at one point in that game I was 50-0 but I finally died.
    I know what you mean. I got two back to back flawless Free for Alls, and those were my first two flawless games I've gotten on BO. My KD has gone up about .10 so far, and I hope this continues.

1. M60 w/Grip and IR
    2. 28.
    3. Yes. First Prestige and I'm about to prestige again.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Finally, since I noticed that Arcanine is co-hosting the Video Game section of the New Years Get Together, I was wondering if a Black Ops zombies or multiplayer could be one of the games played. Just wondering as all.
    I might... the 360 players kind of got ripped off in the BO gaming event last month (the matchmaking was soooooo bad for the first week, and then the week after no one showed up), so it might be a chance for them to have another try at it.

Treyarch always deliver on the Zombies maps, however, as you stated the multiplayer maps usually don't deliever as well as they should. But there have been some good maps, I think, in the WaW map packs, like Nightfire. And come on, they can't do worse than CoD4's map pack, or MW2's first one.
    I loved CoD4's map pack, as well as MW2. I've always been a fan of IW's maps, where Treyarch... as I'm typing this post I can really think of only one boxed map, and 2 from the map packs.

I'd like to pose a question to all you Black Operators.

1. What is your favorite class set up?
    2. Highest N**i Zombie level?
    3. Will you/Have you prestiged yet?
    1:
    Primary: Galil + Dual Mag
    Secondary: M1911 + Upgraded Iron Sights (but as soon as I see another primary the 1911 goes bye bye)
    Equipment: Frag, Concussion, Motion Sensor
    Perks: Hardline Pro, Slight of Hand Pro, Ninja Pro

2: 26 on Kino der Toten
    3: Yea... 7 times. As you can see by the emblems here I'm on the suit of armor. Personally I don't like the icon for the 6th or 7th prestige.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Haven't been able to play cod since the xmas noobs got the game. I got my new HD PVR but the connector for xbox is different, so I am waiting for it to be delivered by the end of the week so I can start playing that. If we do any events I can record them on xbox if anyone is interested.

Years
  • 3: Yea... 7 times. As you can see by the emblems here I'm on the suit of armor. Personally I don't like the icon for the 6th or 7th prestige.
    You don't like Prestige 6? From what I here, that is the most popular one. I personally think all of them look pretty nice, with 2, 6, and 10 being my favorites.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Wow I've never seen an image like that showing the emblems close up, they are actually quite nice, all of them are decent I guess.
    11 looks soo badass. :P

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm not huge on 7 and 14, but 2 and 11 are definitely my favorites. I gotta give it to Treyarch for making much more creative emblems this time around though. All the previous CoD emblems were cool and actually realistic... but they were sorta boring if you ask me.

Back