• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    People must've been abusing that Dark Matter Dragon I've been hearing about with the Dragon Rulers? I didn't think they were doing much by themselves. And I guess you were right about Shaddolls, they're definitely not doing as well in the TCG and I'd be pretty stunned to see anything hit for them over here. Saqlifice and Scout anywhere on the list is nice (not sure what their previous positions were) and I hope that's something that carries over to the TCG. Vanity's is a tossup. I could care less what happens to it in the TCG, half the decks I run main it, and half of them get crippled by it lol.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • People must've been abusing that Dark Matter Dragon I've been hearing about with the Dragon Rulers?

Wait, but aren't most Galaxy-Eyes Xyz monsters Rank 8? The Dragon Rulers are Level 7, so there's gotta be some crazy level manipulation going on if that were the case.

___
    Also, here's the final list of cards that are gonna be included in "Return of the Bling": (I still don't get the pun. Someone explain it plz?)

Spoiler:

Whoops, almost forgot the spoiler tag, eheh.

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    That's why Dragon Ravine was banned due to Dragon Ruler fodder.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Name: Squirrel
    Favourite Card: Rodenut, it's adorable!

Hi guys! I mostly play the game but have watched the older anime series, am a big fan of Spirit Beasts right now and am really excited for the upcoming Red-Eyes support leaked today - they were always one of my favourite decks but never really got a chance to shine. Also the new Aroma-themed deck looks very interesting; a deck that gains life points for offensive reasons sounds very unique indeed, I'm looking forward to playing them.

Oh golly, already hard hits on Nekroz and Shaddolls, at least my Spirit Beasts will be fine! Shame to lose Tempest though, so much synergy with the deck :(

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Is it worth to download duel carnival? All yugioh are gimmicky to me

Meadow

Years
  • Name: Squirrel
    Favourite Card: Rodenut, it's adorable!

Hi guys! I mostly play the game but have watched the older anime series, am a big fan of Spirit Beasts right now and am really excited for the upcoming Red-Eyes support leaked today - they were always one of my favourite decks but never really got a chance to shine. Also the new Aroma-themed deck looks very interesting; a deck that gains life points for offensive reasons sounds very unique indeed, I'm looking forward to playing them.

Oh golly, already hard hits on Nekroz and Shaddolls, at least my Spirit Beasts will be fine! Shame to lose Tempest though, so much synergy with the deck :(

Hey, if it isn't Squirrel! Looks like you found my home on PC (other than Pokémon Trivia). xD

I wonder how something as cute and tiny as Rodenut could destroy monsters with its effect. Those are indeed some interesting decks (and Spirit Beasts are getting pretty popular lol), but I'm a bit worried if my rogue decks could keep up with the ever-increasing speed of the game. I'm currently trying to revamp my 3-year old Quillbolt Loop deck with the new Synchron support, but I honestly think Synchrons are better off summoning Quasar, haha. (It's weird, but I have like 10 different variants of my Synchron deck, because repeatedly summoning Quasar gets boring after a while. xD)

I don't think Nekroz and Shaddolls have been hit too hard in the TCG yet (as the OCG does things very differently), but only time will tell.

And the Rulers getting banned saddens me, honestly. Think it'll happen here?

Hmm, while they are definitely really splashable, I don't think they're enough of a threat to warrant being banned. The OCG is sooo different that we can't even look at it as the same game anymore, haha (besides the fundamentals, of course).

Is it worth to download duel carnival? All yugioh are gimmicky to me

Nah, the international release was pretty bad (they removed about 70% of the original content). In addition, it's severely outdated, so your best bet would probably be YGOPro.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Oh gosh so much new info.

- Premium Gold stuff is so random like why do we need more Goyo and Armades reprints lol. Cat Shark is adorable though and a decent OTK enabler in Racoons lol.
    - The Aroma(ges?) sounds like a really cute archetype. The lp abuse is pretty dang innovative, so I might have to give that another look when more stuff comes out.
    - Now that you mention it, idk how Dark Matter Dragon hits the field in Rulers, the effect helps dump them though. Nekroz not likely to get hit though, they just got released in TCG.
    - Toons tier zero now, Kingdom is busted

And welcome Squirrel to the club! Spirit Beasts are my main deck irl right now so I of course love them. Really takes a lot of mental effort imo haha, but still holds its own against the meta.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Wow 70% content. guess I'm stick with DN or Ygopro anyway :P
    I wonder Satellarknight would get hit, I mean Altair Abuse can be annoying

Meadow

Years
  • - Cat Shark

I still can't get over the fact that Konami didn't make it Rank 4, haha. Now it's pretty much useless to Sharks, even though it was used by Shark in the manga to help support the Sharks. xD

(At least it seems they learned their lesson with Kaiser Sea Snake... I hope).

- Toons tier zero now

Wait, really?! I honestly haven't been keeping track of Toons, so I dunno what they're capable of, but are they really that broken? If so, what the heck Konami? (lol)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Nah I was joking, but the Field Spell is quite good.

@Yeyinde: ygopro is pretty good, plus you can join Revise and I! Also, Satellars could very well get hit if Konami stays away from Nekroz. Altair or Deneb would be the obvious choices. Given what's happened though and Satellars falling out of favor, I think they're safe for now. Who knows though, once Rhongomiant(spelling?) hits the TCG they could see a revival.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I'm using Satellarknight and I don't like Altair getting hit, but I careless for deneb. but they're safe now

I used Ygopro, but that's on my lappy there.

Meadow

Years
  • I'm up for doing a tag duel if people are wanting to!

Awesome, have you ever used YGOPro before? It seems a bit intimidating to download, but it's actually really neat!

(And I believe it's currently the only way to do tag duels as well, besides in real life of course. xD)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Awesome, have you ever used YGOPro before? It seems a bit intimidating to download, but it's actually really neat!

(And I believe it's currently the only way to do tag duels as well, besides in real life of course. xD)
    Sure have, I use it all the time with my boyfriend, we play against each other a lot. We only use random usernames to find each other in the lobby though so I'm not sure how you actually go about finding people haha. Tips? :D

Meadow

Years
  • Holy cow this announcement made me so happy:

YGOrganization said:
    "Dragons of Legend 2″
    July 7th, 2015
    An all foil fan based Set based around cards from Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic up to Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal!
    All aboard that hype train! =D

Sure have, I use it all the time with my boyfriend, we play against each other a lot. We only use random usernames to find each other in the lobby though so I'm not sure how you actually go about finding people haha. Tips? :D

Oh, cool! It's actually pretty easy. See where I circled in red? That usually helps a LOT. (Though the participants should always first let each other know via VM or through the club... the latter being recommended for tag duels.)

Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    DN being manual is off-putting for me, even though it's probably better for learning the nuances of the game mechanics and stuff.

But I'm all for a tag duel (or singles like me and Revise have been doing) on ygopro, idk how we want to coordinate it though.

Back