• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • What about Snatch Steal? Konami finally realized that it was a horrible idea to even unban it in the first place. xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I didn't mind Snatch Steal all that much haha. Been mostly playing Yosenju and Ritual Beasts. It didn't do much against Rit Beasts since they could tag out (I think? Idr anyone playing it against me so I don't know the ruling). And Yosenju are never on the field. Plus Yosenju is literally the most salt-inducing deck ever, I was trying out triple Cylinder, triple Dimension Wall, Creature Swap and Snatch Steal which was overkill lol.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • Username: Alloute
    Favorite Card: Slifer the Sky Dragon

I don't play competitively, but I duel my siblings occasionally and I watch the various anime series and collect the cards. I just haven't bought any this past month since I'm saving up for the World Superstars set.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah people were really upset that Dark Matter was released like a day before the list came out, which saw a significant price drop since Drulers were banned. And all those poor people that bought holo Snatch Steals for one format haha.

And welcome to the club Alloute! World Superstars is definitely going to be an interesting set. A lot of people are looking forward to those Korean Lovecraft exclusives (Noden, Nyarla, etc.), but there's really no indication they're even going to be included.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Now why they limit something that merely weak, but kinda annoyance.
    I'm glad snatch was ban now, but some rulers is now unlimited while big threats are banned

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Now why they limit something that merely weak, but kinda annoyance.
    I'm glad snatch was ban now, but some rulers is now unlimited while big threats are banned
    I'm assuming you're referring to Vanity's Emptiness? Sure it was annoying, but I don't think it was broken. I'm just wondering why it took them so long to hit it.

And yeah, the chibi rulers shouldn't be doing anything without the big guys around.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I was referring to Sinister Serpent. This list should drastically change ruler playstyle

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Oh my bad. Yeah Serpent's not going to be doing anything at 3, let alone 1. And Rulers aren't going to exist anymore lol.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I'm just glad the rulers are over now. Anyway I can duel anytime now

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've had a busy couple of days, but after tonight I should be able to duel anytime.

Meadow

Years
  • Same here. I've been having it rough for a while, but I should be able to start dueling again soon!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Not sure how I feel about the banlist, Snatch Steal is good, I guess Vanity's and Skill Drain is too, I was highly annoyed by Skill Drain. I will kinda miss the Dragon Rulers as archetype support, maybe with a erreta since Konami seems to be doing those a bunch, and more than just fixing typo's, like "You can only control one 'Dragon Ruler' monster at a time."

My brother and I picked up some boosters before our trip, a small box of boosters (like 4?) of Secrets of Eternity, and a single booster of the New Challengers. Regarding the price, I could've picked up two of the packs to make it more equal with me and my brother getting a gift, but I decided to not be greedy. Got some performapal card for my performapal deck, then I got a Smarfon (Morphtronic), the rest were stuff we didn't care so much about, I guess some Super Heavy's if we build them.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've heard Performapals are actually pretty good, haven't looked too much into them though.

Speaking of packs though, I picked up some Return of the Bling. Nothing stellar, but I pulled a Cat Shark which I wanted to use in Raccoons, and a piece of Exodia, which I traded for some pretty decent stuff actually.

countryemo

Years
  • I've heard Performapals are actually pretty good, haven't looked too much into them though.

Speaking of packs though, I picked up some Return of the Bling. Nothing stellar, but I pulled a Cat Shark which I wanted to use in Raccoons, and a piece of Exodia, which I traded for some pretty decent stuff actually.

Yeah probably the best anime protag. deck so far (Sorry Revise :P). I mean I love DM and Classic Heroes, but in terms of actual playability today. I pulled some in some thing, maybe my brothers shaddoll box, before I started the anime and I thought they looked ok, the looks were goofy but got me interested. I messed with them a little bit on YgoPro.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Some ygopro cards still in their japanese images, not the international release.
    There's something eerie why international release are different than Japan.

Meadow

Years
  • Yeah probably the best anime protag. deck so far (Sorry Revise :P).

I dunno, haha. Other than today's HERO decks (which bear no resemblance to Anime!Judai's deck), it's almost impossible to tell if there's a best "protag" deck out there, as it all comes down to how much faith (to the anime) that you want in your deck. I mean, Yuma's Gagaga stuff doesn't seem that powerful, but ZW's are so darn annoying that it's not even funny, haha. And Junk Doppel decks that tech in a few Plants can usually whip out three Quasars in one turn, and the more Yusei-focused builds can also find some decent consistency in bringing out multiple Quasars. As for Yugi, don't forget that he was the one who used Gadgets! Gadgets aren't the strongest, but they certainly are playable (although Gadget decks honestly have the least faith to their respective anime owner).

And I'm assuming that Performpals received major buffs in real life? Because they were absolutely awful in the anime... but hey, it's just the anime haha.

countryemo

Years
  • I dunno, haha. Other than today's HERO decks (which bear no resemblance to Anime!Judai's deck), it's almost impossible to tell if there's a best "protag" deck out there, as it all comes down to how much faith (to the anime) that you want in your deck. I mean, Yuma's Gagaga stuff doesn't seem that powerful, but ZW's are so darn annoying that it's not even funny, haha. And Junk Doppel decks that tech in a few Plants can usually whip out three Quasars in one turn, and the more Yusei-focused builds can also find some decent consistency in bringing out multiple Quasars. As for Yugi, don't forget that he was the one who used Gadgets! Gadgets aren't the strongest, but they certainly are playable (although Gadget decks honestly have the least faith to their respective anime owner).

And I'm assuming that Performpals received major buffs in real life? Because they were absolutely awful in the anime... but hey, it's just the anime haha.

Yeah Idrk. Heroes were good, Junks were, well I only watched 2-3 episodes of 5Ds. Didn't get to the part of Zexal where ZW's came in, I think I only like on ep 9? Though I like Gagaga's as kind of a new Dark Magician. Yugi used Gadgets? I know Dark Magician, Legendary Knights/Dragons, Poker Knights, and Exodia, and the gods or one of them.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah iirc he only used them in the duel against Yami/Atem? Gadgets aren't especially good though imo, especially with all the other random crap Yugi uses lol.

Back