• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Username: idlephantom
    Pokémon: Electabuzz
    Challenge: Single
    Game: gold

Username: idlephantom
    Pokémon: Jynx

Pokémon: Entei

Pokémon: Suicune

Pokémon: Raikou

Years
  • Completed Emolga solo run on Black 2 - This took longer than I expected mainly because I forgot how long and slow cutscenes can be in BW1 and 2. Anyways, it was easier than I expected it to be - at least after I got lucky egg because she was painful to level up in the beginning x.x

The hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final team:

Ekaterina|Female|Lonely Nature|Static|Lvl 90|@Magnet
    Thunderbolt
    Return
    Electro Ball
    Acrobatics​

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #2: Charizard - Platinum
    I stupidly forgot to teach Charizard Earthquake after he finally evolved. So I only got some use out of it in Victory Road and the League.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Jason the Naughty Charizard (M) @ Lv.87
    Ability: Blaze
    Dragon Pulse
    Earthquake
    Air Slash
    Flamethrower

Next sign-up:
    Username: Buzz Buzz
    Pokémon: Swampert
    Game: Fire Red

Years
  • Completed Magcargo solo on Crystal- The only battle I had problems with was VS. Red- His Blastoise was soo annoying to beat >_> Luckily I had 99 revives and a noctowl so I could revive-stall him out of surfs >_>

Anyways:

Spoiler:

Final stats:

Bob|Male|Lvl 84|@Leftovers
    Strength
    Flamethrower
    Curse
    Rock Slide​

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Username: DyingWillFlareon
    Pokemon of ChoicePartner: Sableye
    ChallengeDifficult of Mission: Ultimate
    GamesRegion of Missions: FireRed, HeartGold, Sapphire, Pearl, White
    The Journey Begins Now

TheUnit684

Heedrim
    Years
  • I did get everything sorted out and I am officially starting this, thanks Buzz Buzz for the Mareep egg!

Username: TheUnit684
    Pokemon of Choice: Flaaffy
    Game(s): Y

Last edited:
    Years
  • Completed Aggron solo run on Ruby :3 This was fun! Although Wallace did give me a little bit of trouble and so did Steven D:

The hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final team:

Arthur|Male|Adamant Nature|Rock Head|Lvl 63|@Lax Incense
    Iron Tail
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt​

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #1: Swampert - Fire Red

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Finn the Relaxed Swampert (M) @ Lv.47
    Ability: Torrent
    Brick Break
    Mud Shot
    Take Down
    Muddy Water

HM Slave(s):
    Spoiler:

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
    Years
  • So finally got my solo runs completed!! I have no screenshots this time since they got lost, sadly.

Ratz the Raticate, lvl. 73
    Hyper Fang - Bubblebeam - Ice Beam - Thunderbolt

Spoiler:

Peckers the Fearow, lvl. 78
    Fly - Drill Peck - Toxic - Hyper Beam
    Spoiler:

Snape the Arbok, lvl. 74
    Mega Drain - Earthquake - Strength - Toxic
    Spoiler:

Cheese the Raichu, lvl. 77
    Thunderbolt - Thunder - Submission - Body Slam
    Spoiler:

Armadillo the Sandslash, lvl. 72
    Slash - Earthquake - Rock Slide - Seismic Toss
    Spoiler:

Elisabeth the Nidoqueen, lvl. 74
    Ice Beam - Earthquake - Thunderbolt - Surf
    Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And again a new sign-up for next 6 Mon´s:

Username: Hippowtom (Former Lehtot)
    Pokemon of Choice: Nidoking, Clefable, Ninetales, Wigglytuff, Golbat, Vileplume
    Game: Blue

Years
  • A while ago I signed up for this challenge, completed Leaf Green and kinda forgot about it xD. After that a few months later I completed it on Soul Silver I borrowed from my friend... and forgot about this challenge again xD. Lately I started to really enjoy doing challenges and finished the rest of the games ^^. I also completed Unova one on White 2 accidentally, because I took the wrong ROM, I hope you don't mind.
    Here are the final stats + proofs:

SoulSilver:
    Spoiler:
    Emerald:
    Spoiler:
    Platinum:
    Spoiler:
    White 2:
    Spoiler:
    X:
    Spoiler:

Also sometimes when I'm extremely bored I do random solos on Crystal that seem hard enough. This way I completed solo Sunkern and solo Caterpie:
    Sunkern:
    Spoiler:

Caterpie:
    Spoiler:

I didn't sign up for them though. Can I be added to champions list?

I'm also posting a new sign-up. Wanted to do Octillery at first, but decided that it would be too easy:

Username: Kostucha
    Pokemon of Choice: Dustox
    Challenge: Ultimate
    Games: Leaf Green, Liquid Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, White 2, X

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I'm going to start a new solo on X. Necrum traded me some Dream Radar Legendaries (thanks again btw), and I'm going to do one of those.

Pokemon: Ho-Oh
    Game: X

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Took me like 3 stinkin' days but I beat the FireRed Sableye run. -.-

I chose Sableye in place of Squirtle, my character was female and named Flare while my rival was named Lee.

End results:

Sableye
    Fantasma Female Level 86
    Bold Keen Eye
    @BlackGlasses
    Aerial Ace
    Fake Out
    Faint Attack(took out everything in 1-2 hits since the SS Anne XD)
    Shadow Ball(although I shouls have gotten rid of that for something Ice or Fighting type.... Still very useful.)

Lorelei- She was a joke thanks to Faint Attack.
    Bruno- A little harder than Lorelei but we Ace'd our way through(get it....?).
    Agatha- I thought she'd be easier thanks to Faint Attack but Golbat was harsh. Everything else died in one or two hits.
    Lance: I had to be careful for Outrage but she lived through 2 wuth one more hit so I just spammed Hyper Potion until he got confused. X3 Easy peezy fairy cheesey.
    Lee- Was WAY harder than I thought he'd be, main threats were Gyarados and Arcanine. His Venusaur set up Solar Beam, we healed, he hit, we used Aerial Ace, he set up Solar Beam, we crit hit killed him. XD

Sorry I don't know how to upload pics. :/

Other Pokes:
    Fly the Pidgeotto(fly slave)
    Cut the Paras(Cut and rock smash)
    Snorlax the... Snorlax(Surf and Strength)
    I didn't want to catch more Pokemon just for Flash so I messed with A-Map and changed Rock Tunnel from dark into light with ash/snow(Fallabor stuff) I hope that's ok. :<

Also... Is it ok if I skip johto and go to Hoenn? Because I'm getting a SoulSilver game soon and wanted to play through that with a specific team but this challenge would ruin the surprises in it gor me.... If not I'll just wait until I'm done with that other SS game frst to continue. :/

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • A while ago I signed up for this challenge, completed Leaf Green and kinda forgot about it xD. After that a few months later I completed it on Soul Silver I borrowed from my friend... and forgot about this challenge again xD. Lately I started to really enjoy doing challenges and finished the rest of the games ^^. I also completed Unova one on White 2 accidentally, because I took the wrong ROM, I hope you don't mind.
    Here are the final stats + proofs:

SoulSilver:
    Spoiler:
    Emerald:
    Spoiler:
    Platinum:
    Spoiler:
    White 2:
    Spoiler:
    X:
    Spoiler:

Because of OR/AS being released unfortunately I cannot count this as an ultimate because your Emerald run was done using Togetic and not Togekiss, As a result I haven't added them to the OP in case you wanted to complete it on OR/AS to make it an official ultimate or if not I can just add them as individual challenges.

Oh man, how have I not looked for something like this on this site sooner! I've been doing these for years now!

Alright, I think I'll just dump all my runs for your enjoyment?

I suppose all of these would be Single and not Ultimate challenges.

Oh god, I haven't added any of these challenges to the OP yet, not because there is anything wrong with them mainly because at the lack of time I have to update the OP today and I really wanted it updated as much as I could before I lost control of it. Maybe next weekend I will have them all added for you.

OP updated to 2794, I haven't added or taken down any "Challenges" yet because of my lack of time in updating the OP, If anyone sees anything wrong other than that please feel free to PM/VM me and I will get it fixed as soon as possible.

Also an important note:
    Anyone who has changed their name can you please either PM/VM your previous name and new name so that I can update the OP accordingly.

Years
  • Because of OR/AS being released unfortunately I cannot count this as an ultimate because your Emerald run was done using Togetic and not Togekiss, As a result I haven't added them to the OP in case you wanted to complete it on OR/AS to make it an official ultimate or if not I can just add them as individual challenges.

Oh, that's bad :(. My sign up for this was accepted, so I thought it's all right, but oh well... what can I do. My AS is currently in unreplayable state (living dex and stuff), so count them as single challenges. When I finish what I started, could I just complete solo Togekiss on AS and count it as ultimate?

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Oh, that's bad :(. My sign up for this was accepted, so I thought it's all right, but oh well... what can I do. My AS is currently in unreplayable state (living dex and stuff), so count them as single challenges. When I finish what I started, could I just complete solo Togekiss on AS and count it as ultimate?
    Yeah, it should count as an ultimate then. It's what I'm doing too, because I'm doing loads of single challenges and I keep a record of which ones I did, so when I eventually complete all games required for an ultimate run I just put them together to make an ultimate. You've already completed generations 2-4-5-6, so as soon as you complete 3 (AS), it's an ultimate (if they don't make gen 7 before you complete that :)).

Update #2: Swampert - Fire Red

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Finn the Relaxed Swampert (M) @ Lv.90
    Ability: Torrent
    Brick Break
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Surf

Next sign-up:
    Pokémon: Houndoom
    Game: Leaf Green

Last edited:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • Oh, that's bad :(. My sign up for this was accepted, so I thought it's all right, but oh well... what can I do. My AS is currently in unreplayable state (living dex and stuff), so count them as single challenges. When I finish what I started, could I just complete solo Togekiss on AS and count it as ultimate?

I would have said that I could count it as ultimate if you signed up before ORAS came out but I cannot find your sign up for the ultimate challenge, also the fact that you own a copy of ORAS puts me at a point where I say you would have to do Togekiss on it to get the ultimate to count.

Years
  • I would have said that I could count it as ultimate if you signed up before ORAS came out but I cannot find your sign up for the ultimate challenge, also the fact that you own a copy of ORAS puts me at a point where I say you would have to do Togekiss on it to get the ultimate to count.

Yeah, as I said, I signed up for it long ago, somewhere in March. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8147110&postcount=2367
    But don't worry, I'll have 2 weeks off in a few days, so I hope to get done with large chunk of that living dex done (or at least some part of it) and after I finally finish that I'll put the dex in Bank and restart the game. Moreover it would be completing a next game with favourite pokemon ^^, so don't worry, I'll get to it sooner or later.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • *raises hand hesitantly*
    My name was put under Singles Champions, but I signed up for Ultimate and haven't finished yet.... I know you said you were running short on time but I just thought I should say something.
    please excuse me I have no courage when it comes to pointing things out

Years
  • Completed Claydol solo on Ruby :3 The only problems I had were with Brendan's Shroomish at the very start and with Glacia's Walrein that was keep hitting blizzard and getting max damage on it D:

Hall of fame:
    Spoiler:

Final team:

Beyblade|Genderless|Naive Nature|Levitate|Lvl 68|@Soft Sand
    Psybeam
    Shadow Ball
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam​

Psychic would be so much better but guess what? It unobtainable in Ruby and Sapphire yay >.<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back