• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Mother of Arceus, this was an ordeal. I got to Lv. 29 before beating Bugsy, and once I got the Sun Stone and beat Whitney, part of the nightmare was over. Sunflora's still a total scrub, though.

192.gif

Scrubflora (Sunflora) Lv. 77 @ Miracle Seed
Moves: Petal Dance, Growth, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb

A tip of advice for anyone planning to do a Sunkern/Sunflora solo on Gen 2 games. Get the Sun Stone before Lv. 31. Sunflora learns Petal Dance at Lv. 31, but Sunkern does not. You're better off evolving it before that point to get a better STAB move.

Anyway, for now, I'm gonna take a long break from Grass type solos after this nightmare. I might go around to getting Amphy or Seaking done on Gen 3, but not right away.

Years
Completed Articuno solo on FR - I got this one via randomizer and I was like: "Meh a legendary.. This should be easy..." - Nope- Gary's Arcanine was so freaking annoying! Crits and burns everywhere so I almost ran out of Full Restores while I was trying to stall him out of his Flamethrower .-. Oh and Lorelei? and her ice types were super annoying too D:

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

144.gif

Iceland|Genderless|Adamant Nature|Pressure|Lvl 63
Fly
Ice Beam
Steel Wing
Water Pulse​

*Sighs* I forgot about the lack of moves in gen 2 games D:

Completed Corsola solo run in Crystal -and Red was a challenge for once - that venusaur gave me a lot of troubles and it took me a ton of revives+full restores to beat it D: [Yes I was forced to have Drowzee with me because I still cannot get around Mt. Silver without Flash :(

Hall of fame:

Spoiler:

Final stats:

222.gif

Asana|Female|Lvl 83|@Focus Band
Headbutt
AncientPower
Surf
Recover​

Last edited:
Years
After a year of school I'm returning doing challenges :D
Machamp Solo on Pokemon Blue
-Brock 2/5
This was a little tricky because of Karate Chop being a Normal-Type attack
-Misty 0/5
Machop just evolved and Machoke 3HKOed her
-Surge 0/5
3HKO him
-Erika 0/5
also easy :D
-Koga 0/5
-Sabrina 0/5
-Blaine 0/5
-Giovanni 0/5
-E4 0/5
-Blue 0/5

I guess this was the easiest run I've ever done :D I've decided to avoid every optional trainer battle from now on making it lowest level possible since it would become so easy

Machamp_13.png

Tauros is the next one always on Blue

Tauros Solo on Blue
-Brock 2/5
I started this with Struggle because it was stronger than Tackle, I've only lost once
-Misty 0/5
Stomped her easily
-Surge 0/5
Stomped him easily
-Erika 0/5
Froze her even if Vileplume put Tauros at 7 HP
-Koga 0/5
Earthquake
-Sabrina 0/5
Body Slam
-Blaine 0/5
Earthquake
-Giovanni 0/5
Earthquake and Ice Beam
-E4 0/5
Body Slam to keep PPs on the others :D
-Blue 0/5
Tauros made it a lot easier than Machamp

Tauros_09.png

Also avoiding almost everyone was easy but anyway I'll keep doing like this even if I take more or less an hour to finish this game ahah next one is Cloyster always on Blue

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Abomasnow - Black
Snover/Abomasnow is not that fun to solo with. Its typing causes a 4x weakness to Fire and that's really annoying.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
snover.png

Hugo the Brave Snover (M) @ Lv.36
Ability: Snow Warning
Item: Eviolite
Ice Shard
GrassWhistle
Razor Leaf
Wood Hammer

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I'm have 2 badges in my Hoopa solo and I've finished Chandelure in White.

I'm going to do one more before I continue the Hoopa one. And sign-up for three more.

Pokémon: Volcanion (Of course it's going to be hacked at level 5, with it's level 5 moves, but it's only use will be for the challenge)
Challenge: Single
Game: Omega Ruby

Pokémon: Meganium/Tyhplosion/Feraligatr (all level 1, Shiny with HA and 4 Egg Moves, bred on my finished OR save)
Challenge: Single x3
Game: Y
-------------------------------------------------
Lots of pictures in order (32 to be exact):
Spoiler:

609.gif

Level 69
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Minimize
- Shadow Ball

I wouldn't be able to do this if it wasn't for Minimize and Will-O-Wisp. Minimize basically made me invincible while Will-O-Wisp broke down their health, and healing whenever they did hit me.

Years
Did a quick little Azumarill solo on Ruby- I thought that I'd make it more challenging by starting with Azurill rather than starting with Marill - but it evolved right after the first gym and it evolved again as soon as it gained another level and as soon as it became Azumarill the game became super easy - He cleared everything in his way! I skipped most of the trainers and yet he was still super powerful :3

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

184.gif

Marilland|Male|Docile Nature|Thick Fat|Lvl 67|@Mystic Water
Rain Dance
Ice Beam
Surf
Return​

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Volcanion Update #1: Omega Ruby 3/8
I used the PKHeX to hack in a Volcanion at Level 5, with it's level 5 moves.
And yes, I do use this, but to be clear: I will never trade anything that I create on here, it's only use will be for doing Solo Challenges to use non-breedable Pokemon like Legendaries.

Here is each battle with the Gym Leaders:
Spoiler:

volcanion.gif

Volcanion/Genderless/Mild/Water Absorb/Lvl 23/@No Item
Steam Eruption
Flare Blitz
Take Down
Mist​

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
If some of you didn't know there is a new glitch that was fount for X/Y and ORAS which means you can basically get any pokemon you want, For obvious reason I won't leave a link but if you google it I'm sure you will find it. Anyway this means that until it's patched people will be able to do X/Y & ORAS solos with any pokemon they want.

On a side note the OP will be updated sometime this week if not then definitely next week.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
In my quest to do more Water type solo runs on Gen 1, I came to Kingler. Let me just say, it was over once I got Vicegrip. Bubble just wasn't cutting it due to it's ultra low Special stat.

099.png

Mr. Krabs (Kingler) Lv. 77
Moves: Guillotine, Body Slam, Crabhammer, Stomp​

Kept Guillotine for fun. Thought it would be funny to use it :P

Years
Completed Haxorus solo run on White :3 This one was fun after it evolved to Fraxure but as an axew... It was super hard to level him up and it was super annoying because I couldn't surpass gym leaders in levels at all :(

I defeated Ghetsis! [Yeah two dragon dances and it was over xD]
Spoiler:

Final team:

612.gif

Orion|Male|Naughty Nature|Mold Breaker|Lvl 66|@Amulet Coin
Dragon Dance
X-Scissor
Dragon Claw
Shadow Claw

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Abomasnow - Black
I stand by my previous statement: Abomasnow is absolutely not one of my favourite Pokémon. Usually once I solo with a Pokémon, I tend to like it a bit more (even though I've never used it before), but Abomasnow just causes me so much trouble. Nevertheless I'll finish this even if I have to train it up insanely to defeat Alder (I know it's technically already finished, but I like to get the Hall of Fame).

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
460.png

Hugo the Brave Abomasnow (M) @ Lv.71
Item: Spell Tag
Ice Shard
Rock Tomb
Razor Leaf
Shadow Ball

Years
Completed Alakazam Solo Run on FireRed- I actually started this one a while ago but I didn't get around to finish it until now because let me just say that abra is painful to train - that pidgey that I caught as hm slave nearly evolved before abra finally evolved into kadabra and learned confusion >_> But after that it was just sweeping through the game - until final champion battle and Alakazam- I set up with two calm minds in the very beginning of the battle - and that thing used psychic - getting special defense drop on first try while I never got it despite using Psychic almost all the time and when it hit for the second time it got a crit - leaving me in red zone and almost killing my Alakazam - Do I ever get crits when I need them? No. AI seems to get crits all the time though >_>

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

065.gif

Lena|Female|Impish Nature|Inner Focus|Lvl 64
Psychic
Iron Tail
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball

I also competed Xatu solo on Crystal which was also a fun run to do :D I had no problem except for Jasmine [Took me forever to beat her >_> ] and for Red's snorlax- seriously that thing gave me problems in every. single. challenge. I did on second gen games >_>

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

178.gif

Psy|Male|Lvl 78
Peck
Fly
Night Shade
Psychic

Completed Miltank solo on Gold - this one was really fast - I had no problems with either of the gym leaders so I started it few hours ago and I finished it just now lol First solo run I completed this fast :o

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

241.gif

Milka|Female|Lvl 69
Strength
Milk Drink
Surf
Body Slam

Last edited:
Years
Completed Heracross solo on Silver - This one was very very easy until Red- Charizard and Espeon were super annoying and it took a lot of save state resetting and stalling before I finally took them both down D:

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

214.gif

Hercules|Male|Lvl 70
Strength
Megahorn
Horn Attack
Rock Smash

Completed Rampardos solo run on Pearl - This thing was a monter :o It was so worth waiting until level 33 to evolve him - That Zen Headbutt was amazing! I was deciding between having Rock Head on him and having Rock Slide- I chose Rock slide because I hate that super-low PP on Rock Head and Recoil is annoying aswell.

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

409.gif

Chomper|Male|Bold Nature|Mold Breaker|Lvl 83
Rock Slide
Zen Headbutt
Avalanche
Iron Tail

This solo.. This solo.. Was amaaaaaaazing O.O I used random pokemon generator and got Ledian and I was like: Whyy? This will be so painful x.x And slow x.x Nope - Finished it in less than a day because it was so easy and so much fun :o

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

166.gif

Lucky|Male|Lvl 81
Giga Drain
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch
Swift

Completed Slowking solo on Gold :3

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

199.gif

Yami|Male|Lvl 75|@Mystic Water
Ice Punch
Strength
Psychic
Surf

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

234.gif

Zoey|Female|Lvl 69
Take Down
Mud-Slap
Hypnosis
Stomp

Last edited:
Years
Finished Ultimate Solo Dustox :D

I've started off with Liquid Crystal, as hacks seem to be harder than original games and I wasn't mistaken xD. A lot of in-game trainers have strong teams with items like Leftovers, so Toxic became my best friend pretty fast. It was actually pretty annoying that I had to rematch the whole E4 just to battle with Red. Rematch teams actually required some Revives to beat, as I couldn't come up with a good strategy that would allow me to beat E4 for the second time without fainting. >.>

The rest of the challenges were pretty easy compared to that and I don't remember if I encountered any minor problems. Overall I've got to admit that I really enjoyed using this moth and I might use him more from now on. : )

Final Stats:

Leaf Green:
Spoiler:

Liquid Crystal:
Spoiler:

Sapphire:
Spoiler:

Platinum:
Spoiler:

White 2:
Spoiler:

X:
Spoiler:

I'm also signing up for a new Ultimate Solo :D

Name: Kostucha
Pokemon: Remoraid
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: Leaf Green, Crystal, Ruby, Platinum, White 2, X

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #3: Abomasnow - Black
Nope, Abomasnow will definitly not join my favorite Pokémon, at least for solo runs it won't. In my opinion a fully evolved Pokémon should OHKO every Pokémon that's 20 or more levels below their own. If they can't accomplish that, they should at least have a high enough defense to take most hits. Abomasnow fills neither of those 'requirements', so I'm at least going to give it another shot in a monotype, but it'll probably be a while before I do another solo with it.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
460.png

Hugo the Brave Abomasnow (M) @ Lv.93
Item: I switched it around a lot (Spell Tag, Nevermeltice, etc.)
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball

Next sign-up:
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Vaporeon
Challenge: Single
Game: Platinum

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years

smeargle.gif

eulrwj.png

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION

LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!

So I have decided that I want to take part in a challenge run through Pokémon Omega Ruby, but I wanted to to be both challenging, fun, and as interesting as possible. I have decided that I would like my Pokémon to be none other than Smeargle! His ability to Sketch moves allows an very interesting dynamic in that it allows me to Sketch moves that give me type advantages in combat, which somewhat diminishes the challenge in many ways - as it allows me to be far more flexible than a Pokémon that is restricted to moves that are within its typing. The disadvantage here is that I am locked into that move type until I can Sketch another move in 10 levels and I am still bound to the initial Sketch move typing that leaves me vulnerable to any immunity and resistances of every encounter within those 10 levels.

For added challenge I will be implementing a Hardcore rule, in which if Smeargle faints my run will be over and I will have considered the challenge a failure.

Stay tuned for update logs!

smeargle.gif

Smeargle ¤ Lv.5
Jolly - Moody
Sketch | EMPTY | EMPTY | EMPTY

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I already got every legendary for a solo challenge for XYORAS, at level 5 with their level 5 moves. I will be doing most, if not all of them, so be ready for it. :p
I did it before I updated my 3DS because these solo runs were the only use for me using the hacking thing.

And an update for my Volcanion Challenge. I also started a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum on X yesterday, but I'll wait until I get a bit more into the game to update.
I bred it with Sturdy, with it's moves being Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Poison Fang, and Dragon Dance. I also kept breeding until I got one with the Shiny ID that I'm playing it on, because shiny Tyrunt is awesome. :)

Volcanion Solo Challenge Update #2:
Omega Ruby 6/8:

Not many details, just to say I'm in Lilycove and I just steamrolling through everything. :D

Here is my stats:

volcanion.gif

Volcanion/Genderless/Mild/Water Absorb/Lvl 41/@Wide Lens
Steam Eruption
Focus Blast
Fire Blast
Scald​

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years

smeargle.gif

eulrwj.png

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION

UPDATE #1

We started our journey just after the sun had set and our goal was to reach Rustboro City before finding a place to stay for the night. With Smeargle and his sketchpad at the ready, we bumped into a wild Wingull how was careful not to get too aggressive against Smeargle and I. After attempting to use Oran Berries over and over, it was only a matter of time until the Wingull was baited into using Water Gun on Smeargle to allow him to Sketch a masterpiece! We quickly dashed away from the encounter and head into the Petalburg woods to begin training a bit and continuing our journey to Rustboro City.

Once reaching Rustboro City, Smeargle and I did a bit of sight seeing and enjoyed the lights of the beautiful city before heading north to Route 116 and immediately being challenged by a player named Joey. The youngster led the battle off with his Zigzagoon whom attempted to soften Smeargle up with it's cute charm by using Tail Whip and its cute Growl. After Smeargle put Zigzagoon in its place, Joey sent out his Machomp to put a stop to Smeargle and I. Machop led off with a crippling Karate Chop leaving Smeargle at a mere 4 HP. Fortunately, Smeargle's mood had been dictating that he was feeling evasive for the battle leading up to this point. After 3 consecutive misses on Machop's Karate Chops, Smeargle had managed to bring the battle to a victorious end so that we may set up camp for the night.

This morning has started off with some excitement. After being woken up by a Lass named Janice, who had stumbled across our path, we were quickly challenged to a battle. Janice and her Marill proved to be a challenging match, as Water Gun was not effective at all. After running out of PP, Smeargle was forced to use Sketch and copy a Rollout and wrap the battle up with a big ol' W.

There is a long day ahead of us as we continue to train and prepare to challenge the Rustboro City gym leader!

Stay tuned for more update logs!

smeargle.gif

Smeargle ¤ Lv.12
Jolly - Moody
Water Gun | Rollout | EMPTY | EMPTY

Years
Completed Arbok solo on FireRed :3

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

024.gif

Cleopatra|Female|Gentle Nature|Shed Skin|Lvl 64