• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I wonder what its ability would be, since it can't really have a weather-inducing one since there isn't really a weather to math it. I guess it could have a weather-cancelling one again, but don't the heavy rain / strong sunlight end when the Primals switch out?

Seeing as Rayquaza is supposed to control Groundon and Kyogre it would make sense for its primal form to have an ability that cancels out Primordial Sea and Desolate Land.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wonder what its ability would be, since it can't really have a weather-inducing one since there isn't really a weather to math it. I guess it could have a weather-cancelling one again, but don't the heavy rain / strong sunlight end when the Primals switch out?
    I am guessing it'll get a stronger version of Air Lock. One that likely will reflect the effects of the abilities like Zygarde's ability. That'll mean that Groudon could become 8x weak to water, and Kyogre 1 x weak to fire or something like that.

Well now that Rayquaza has been introduced into the mix, I'm starting to wonder whether we will get snippets of Emerald in the game. On the ORAS official Pokemon website, for Rayquaza it reads "A Pokémon said to have lived in the ozone layer for hundreds of millions of years, it looks like a shooting star as it flies through the night sky. According to legend, when Groudon and Kyogre clash, Rayquaza descends to the planet's surface."
    So could this mean that we'll see the fight between Groudon and Kyogre with the cutscene of Rayquaza splitting them up?

I noticed that too. Also note the shooting star part. In the cave paintings we see a shooting star with a Triangle. That could mean my theory of that being Rayquaza can be correct.

Also the demo interestingly seems to start in Mossdeep, the space center. In Emerald we got to tag team with Steven against Magma, so the Demo may contain Emerald references that they didn't put into the main games, while the ones they can will appear in the main game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Hold on. "It also states clarifications about the demo version of the game. You will see a Mega Evolution for the first time in this demo, and you can then transfer it, as well as items you collect, over to the main games when they are released. It is also hinted that, if you play the demo every day, something special will happen." -Serebii.
    Now, let's remember that the demo starts in Mossdeep City, the home of a certain space center...
    "In the games, a man by the window will reveal the number of successful launches there have been; the number is an indicator to the number of weeks since the saved game was begun. Because this is a time-based event, the Space Center will cease to launch Rockets when the battery for the internal clock runs dry.
    Many rumors have been spread about this number and its relation to Jirachi and Deoxys. Many believe that if the man reaches a certain number, the player will be able to ride a rocket into space and battle Jirachi or Deoxys." -Bulbapedia's page on the Mossdeep Space Center, under the Rumours section.
    We have a demo with a bonus event if you play for enough days, a demo for the remakes of the first games in the same generation that referenced the Mew Truck rumours. I can totally see Nintendo making it so that in the end, those rumours somehow got the last laugh!

...If somebody else already thought of this and posted it without needing a huge wall of text, I am going to feel really stupid.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014

Years
  • I just saw this, I dunno if this has been posted yet.

Mega Sharpedo
    Mega Galade
    Mega Camerupt

According to gamespot, in the demo a very familiar pokemon will be available and transferable to the actual game itself, that pokemon will also be able to mega evolve. You can only get the demo through a special code which hasn't been released yet.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/play-pokemon-ruby-sapphire-3ds-demo-transfer-some-/1100-6422298/

This is the first I hear that it's going to be a familiar Pokemon. Then chances are it probably is going to be either Linoone, Exploud, or Slaking as Linoone, Loudred, and Slakoth were featured in the trailer page, plus those three are quite well known Hoenn Pokemon, the first two's pre evos being common, and the last one being the ace of Norman (the father character).

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
    Years
  • That is one thing I didn't like about Team Flare...First off Team Flare didn't have any real...what's the word..valid reason for wanting the legendaries. It seemed that Team Flare just wanted them because they wanted them. Team Flare doesn't seem like any threat to me, plus Lysandre is weak and has no real reason as to why he wants to change the world. Every Villianous Organization from the past has had clear motives, even Team Galactic. I think Team Magma and Aqua is one of my favorite villians because they are very clever and smart and think things through.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wonder if this would apply to other characters as well, such as May and Brendan? Not much people may notice it, but it'd certainly be nice for those who do.

Years
  • I wonder if this would apply to other characters as well, such as May and Brendan? Not much people may notice it, but it'd certainly be nice for those who do.
    Maybe, but the opposite sex rival doesn't have as much development as Wally does. So they'll probably be limited to the similar expressions as Calem/Serena had.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back