• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I get mad about my accent because I feel like I don't have one but people say I'm so country that it sounds like another language.

[/a guy who doesn't think he has a accent or at least doesn't hear it]

Years
  • I have an accent, but not one of them fancy foreign ones. Just one that's a fusion between a Minnesota and Chicago accent (though among my age group here, it's pretty much the standard accent).

I'm getting better at understanding other's accents given the environment I work in right now.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Do you mean by speech, or by typing Live? Because if by typing, i'm going to have to demand you share. :O

I would try, but i'd probably offend somebody in some way knowing me.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I do a pretty good Drake accent....or rather impersonation! lol

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I never tried to imitate accents, so I don't think I would be able to do well lol.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • You are now reading this post in a Scottish accent.

I'm crazy good at those. Although it could be down to me being part Scottish, but having never lived there and never having a family member with a strong accent who I've been around for a while, I'm more or less putting it on.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wanna go to a foreign country where my accent is admired. Is that a thing?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think my accent is so bad that people from the other side of a voice chat can get confused.

Years
  • According to people who come here from out-of-state, I have a standard Vermont accent. Meaning I pronounce Vermont Vermon.

Not as exiciting as some of the other accents out there, but it's still an accent I guess.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I have no accent, but I can emulate an Australian accent with relative ease... It's kinda nifty actually.

British speakers have an unfair advantage where I live, because the accent somehow manages to make the speaker about we 20% cooler for some reason. It just sounds awesome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back