• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA daily duck facts

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    If you could be cool for a day what would you do

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    If you could be cool for a day what would you do

I would simply hang out with other cool people instead of u dorks

what's the worst anime you've watched? like i mean you couldn't get through one episode
    sao doesnt count

idk! despite what yall are saying i havent actually seen that much anime. All the things I've watched more than one or two episodes of have been pretty good and popular shows.

Years
    ok so heres a scenario
    you have an unlimited budget and you can cast ANYONE you want.

you're in charge of Disney's next live action Villain Origin Story (think Maleificent or Cruella) - what story would you adapt? Any ideas for casting? What would your twists be? how would you make them sympathetic?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years

Chronology of the universe

Spoiler:

ok so heres a scenario
    you have an unlimited budget and you can cast ANYONE you want.

you're in charge of Disney's next live action Villain Origin Story (think Maleificent or Cruella) - what story would you adapt? Any ideas for casting? What would your twists be? how would you make them sympathetic?

I don't know that many disney villains so I'm going to have to make do with what I do know. Ok so I dont know if she was a villain because I never watched the movie. However I think they could definitely get more mileage out of this queen

Spoiler:

Of course they would have to write an original plot for this which disney does not do but I'm pretty sure they could google "new queer cinema" and copy something from there after five minutes of research. And everyone would praise them for pushing boundaries again. She could be played by... hmm I don't know let's just go with Scarlett Johansson I hear she does a lot of good work around here. The twist halfway through is that all the main characters friends hate her because of her big nose. Or because they're homophobic, it depends who the target audience is. She goes through a long period of self doubt, has some moment of revelation at the 1-hour mark, and the story ends as she convinces her friends that all noses matter and they sing a beautiful boundary-pushing song about how everyone is beautiful and we should just respect everyone and their differences and then the curtains close.

@ disney execs i am available for freelance consulting

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    what resources would you recommend to someone with zero knowledge of coding to get into it? best language to start with?

Ok so coding is pretty broad. I'm going to approach this from a web developer perspective because that's really all I know. The first thing you need is HTML and CSS. Neither of these are really programming languages, they're simpler, more static markup languages. HTML is for describing the layout of pages, CSS the appearance. If you've done BBCode on PC you've already used both of these to some extent.

Then you introduce an actual programming language. The only language that you can actually run directly inside a web browser is JavaScript, which is why I recommend starting with it. Open your console with F12 and type alert("Hello, world!") and see what happens. That's JavaScript. You can also use it in a ton of other contexts, like to power the backends of web servers, so it's a very useful one to know.

The ideas also translate over pretty well to other languages like PHP or Ruby. However unlike JavaScript, these languages can't be run in the browser, but they can be used to power web servers. PC's server, as is well known, is written in PHP and uses JavaScript for small client-side user interactions like making the [Respond] button work.

Anyways, some resources.

- HTML tutorial
    - CSS tutorial
    - JavaScript tutorial (Do NOT look for JS tutorials on w3schools they are grossly outdated and not representative of the way modern developers write JS)
    - JavaScript reference

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Donald or Daffy?
    Theyre both lame

Why do you like ducks so much?
    Honestly it's more just a pun on my name that people started making years back (dakota, duckota) which evolved into the joke that I'm a duck or obsessed with ducks. That kinda drove me to become interested in ducks for the sake of the meme rather than the other way around. Also ducks are really interesting.

Back