• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Souls III

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Dark Souls III

As fires fade and the world falls into ruin, journey into a universe filled with more colossal enemies and environments. Players will be immersed into a world of epic atmosphere and darkness through faster gameplay and amplified combat intensity. Fans and newcomers alike will get lost in the game hallmark rewarding gameplay and immersive graphics.

Now only embers remain… Prepare yourself once more and Embrace The Darkness!

So, with Dark Souls III fast approaching...or...I suppose, already here, or...um...

2016's been a cold year mostly devoid of solid Action RPGs of any description. Nevermind the fact that Winter just let out, the point is, DS3 is here like a savior in the darkness to assure us that everything'll be okay like Tails in a Chao Garden. Are you excited for this? Or are you already playing this, perhaps? Feel free to discuss and share your thoughts!​

Sir Codin

I wish I was already playing this, but like with every Japanese-made game that's come out recently, those sushi-eating mofos get this game a considerable amount of time before the rest of the world, nevermind the fact it has a huge following in the West that's already trying to find ways to crack the Japanese copies so they can play it early. Why they decided to release it to everyone else weeks later is mind-boggling.

Stupid marketing tactics aside, I am wholesomely eager for this game. Pre-ordered it (and it this coming from a guy who thinks pre-ordering is a scam), paid it off in full already, now I'm sitting around either playing the previous games, tugging my junk, or doing both at the same time while waiting for this. Already I'm liking some of the changes and some of the things from DaS1 that are making a return now that Miyazaki is on-board. Don't get me wrong, DaS2 was a fun game, it had good points to be sure, but when you play it, it's clearly obvious that the game suffered from Miyazaki's and the A team's absence and that it was made by a group of people who didn't really "get it."

It's going to be fun getting adjusted to some of the tweaks, especially the magic bar, as I never really got an opportunity to play Demon Souls. Although a lot of familiar elements return (to point of causing a-holes on /v/ to trash-talk the game and the series....unsurprising considering /v/ hates video games in general), some of the newer stuff is intriguing me, such as the new Power mechanics, and the faster pace of combat that it's inheriting from Bloodborne, the return of the Pyromancer starting class (they should never have axed it out in DaS2), and apparently increasing the amount of Phantoms and Invaders summoned to your world up to 4 each I think I heard.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    I already pre-ordered it, I'm just waiting until april 12 to be able to play it.

Words cannot describe the hype I have over this game, I've been a massive fan and constant player of the Souls games for a long while. I'm going to be livestreaming my co-op playthrough with my mother starting on release day.

I'm most excited for what's going to be new on the PvP side.

Years
    Couldn't be more excited. Dark Souls is my favourite game of all time, and I enjoyed souls 2 to an extent as well I guess. I also really, really liked Bloodborne so It's awesome to see some of that influence find it's way into Souls 3.

The lore is a large part of what drew me into the souls games so much, so knowing that souls 3 is going to fill a lot of holes and answer questions, has me stoked.

Although avoiding spoilers has become infinitely harder now that basically every streamer has the game :T

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Yes! I have been eagerly awaiting for release! I am ready to shed some tears in these coming weeks. :)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Dark Souls is one of my absolute favorite series of all times. I'm really looking forward to see how this games turns out. However from what I've heard, there's some frame rate issues with the Xbox One version compared to the PlayStation 4, which is understandable considering the company has had more experience with the PA4 thanks to Bloodborne. Still, I wish those kind of issues weren't evident at launch, which hopefully will be addressed relatively soon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I would totes get it if I had a PS4/Xbone, but I don't and don't plan to get one anytime soon so.....

but sticking with Dark Souls 1 and 2 ain't so bad

Years
    WHEN'S GODDAMN ARMORED CORE 6

I can't contain the hype. Seeing that corkscrew attack with the Artorias Weapon Arts skill had me lose all my sanity. 12th needs to hurry on up.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Are you unable to play it on PC, Nah?
    Yeah, I can't. My computer is still running on Windows XP and can barely do Starcraft 2 on the lowest settings so....

I kinda prefer to play on a console anyway

Sir Codin

My PC might handle it but I will stick with PS4 until I get more money.

Sir Codin

I hate to double post like this, but I don't want this topic to die just yet, so I'll start a new convo.

For those of you planning on getting this:

What class are you starting at for your first playthrough and what's your end build gonna be?

What do you think about the Luck stat? Is it necessary or are it's benefits (item discovery, poison/curse/bleed resistance) better suited for other stats?

Years
    Starting as a knight, mostly just 'cause it's starting gear looks decent (fashion souls :D) and the 100% damage reduction shield is pretty generous.

Probably going to do a quality build on my first run through to experiment with weapons and try multiple things out. I've ended up leaning towards STR builds on my first playthrough's of souls 1 & 2 though, so I suspect it'll turn out similar by the end.

From what I've seen/heard, the luck stat is pretty awesome early on, just for the item discovery (from watching playthroughs of the first couple areas, it makes a pretty significant difference in your item drops) but I'm not sure I have too much of an opinion of it as a whole yet. If there ends up being weapons that scale with luck later on than I can see it being a worthwhile investment.

Ughh next week can't come quick enough. 10 more dayssss

Sir Codin

Since I'm a cheap prick, I'll probably choose Sorcerer again. It's what I've always started out as in a Dark Souls game before I "got gud" and delved into other playstyles. Most likely a Moonlight Greatsword sorcerer/hexer/pyromancer build....you might think that's the same, but I honestly never actually bothered with the MLGS in previous games (GASP!!!!). This should be fun. I would've gone with a Greatsword build, but I can't find any information as to whether or not I can get it up to S-rank STR scaling like in Dark Souls 2 (seriously, normal +10 GS with 50+ STR in Dark Souls 2 was a weapon of terror).

High Int and Attunement for spells and focus meter, enough strength and dexterity to wield the sword, enough VIT to keep myself from FAT-ROLLING, and pump the rest into VIG and END. I'm predicting that the meta-level for PvP in this game will be around SL100-125.

Beeteedubs, for those of you who want to do a little bit of planning, here's the wikidot:
    https://darksouls3.wikidot.com/

EDIT: I would also like to make it known that if any of you favor Dexterity builds (especially fucking katanas) I can and will reserve the right to mock you.

Last edited:
    Years
    Going UGS cause I think I'm ready to be a real man. That and I used to GS all the time but I think I want to give it a shot.

Luck = Adaptability with an Item Drop modifier and no iFrames on rolls. So I won't actually bother putting points into it. I suppose it'd be good for the drops, but I would only care about upgrade materials, and if there isn't an option to respec, I'm not gonna put my points into it.

Dex is just fine, stop hating

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    What class are you starting at for your first playthrough and what's your end build gonna be?

I'm starting Herald. I've never done a DEX/FTH build in all my dark souls years, so I'm eager to try something new with the new game.

What do you think about the Luck stat? Is it necessary or are it's benefits (item discovery, poison/curse/bleed resistance) better suited for other stats?

resistance V2 here we come

Nah I think it's gonna be a pretty useful stat. Gotta pump dat item desc

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I'll probably start off as a thief and do some sort of str/dex hybrid. Not too sure if I want to go with dagger/short sword + parry shield or more bow-oriented. Apparently bows are even more viable in DS3 than DS2, so I'm tempted to try it out. :D

I've been avoiding as much info as possible until I get my hands on the game, so all I can is that I'm interested to see the results of having early luck (Thief starts with 14 I think?).

Yukari

...I still need to play through 1 and 2. 'cause I'm one of those people that needs to play through the series in order.

But one day, I will get to it.

Back