• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Souls III

Sir Codin

When it comes to parrying or avoiding being parried, take note of the weapons being used. Ultragreatswords and shit are slow swinging and thus leave a wide area of opportunity for a parry, which is why any UGS+ wielder worth his salt should be somewhat unpredictable and also master dead-angling. On the other hand, blocking rapid attacks with smaller weapons can set you up for a parry if you block a few hits then time a parry maneuver just right while they're still mid-combo.

Some weapons/shields parry faster than others. Caestus/Claws, Bucklers and Small shields parry faster, but you take more damage if you screw up than you would with the slower-parrying medium shields.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

Well, it was certainly a tremendous amount of effort, but I managed to beat The Nameless King solo:

Sir Codin

Okay, so I'm going to throw this out there.

How many of you would be interested in doing a sort of weekly or regular "Dark Souls III RPG Adventure Party" thing?

Here's how it would work. Me and three others playthrough the game starting from High Wall all the way to Soul of Cinder on and off depending on what our schedules are and we'd go through the game with our characters using password matchmaking. We'd dedicate each session to getting each member through an area in their game.

The reason I say "RPG Adventure" is that each of us will use a build that represents one of the "classic" tabletop RPG classes: Warrior, Mage, Thief, and Cleric. Our "party" as it will consists of a build in each archetype. So, for instance, if I choose Mage, the other three have to be a warrior, thief, and cleric.

This would be on the PS4 version of the game. I'd have to lay out exact rules, but here's how things would go build-wise:

WARRIOR:
    - Focuses on physical combat and weapons uses. Can use any type of weapon, can wear up to heavy armor, and is allowed to use any shield.
    - Magic restricted only to pyromancies, miracles, and sorceries that need at maximum 8 INT and/or Faith. The primary focus is on martial proficiency, not magical.

THIEF:
    - Can only use finesse weapons (if it draws more on Dexterity, it counts), crossbows, any non-greatbow, and small shields.
    - Can use only Chameleon, Aural Decoy, and Spook sorceries if player wishes to use magic.
    - Restricted only to clothing or light-armor apparel (we can debate what counts as "light armor" or heavier)

CLERIC:
    - Uses blunt weapons (maces, hammers, axes), and crossbows, and any shield except for greatshields
    - Focuses on miracles for magic casting. If player wants to use pyromancy, must be pyromancies that focus primarily on faith.
    - Can wear any armor.

MAGE:
    - Cannot wear armor, only clothing type apparel.
    - Focuses primarily on Sorceries and Pyromancies, but not miracles for magic
    - Can only use daggers, small swords, spears ("quarterstaves"), crossbows, and light shields.
    - Recommend no more than 30 attunement with rings equipped so you can focus on other stats.

So yeah, let me know if any of you are down for it and what you might want to pick for your "class."

Sir Codin

Okay, so since this topic seems to be dying, I'm going to post one last thing before letting it die. If any of you are Dark Souls fans and want to hang out, talk about the game, coordinate duels or co-op, I've started a Skype group. You can join here. This will be for all Dark Souls games (and Bloodborne):

https://join.skype.com/SunNiX5eQQIa

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
    Been enjoying actually seeing summon signs in the Lower Burg and Catacombs for once. Wish it was like this forever.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh this is a cool idea.

I would join in but I wanna finish Dark souls 2 first

Sir Codin

I would join in but I wanna finish Dark souls 2 first
    I'd totally invade you and give you a hard time for shits and giggles, but doubt you have around 12mil - 15mil Soul Memory right now. XD

Reactions: Nah
    Back