• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Which characters do you think should be shipped?

• Gray/Arryn

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Gray/Val

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Gray/Tulip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray/Shadow

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Shadow/Arryn

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Shadow/Anna

• Shadow/Tulip

• Deacon/Anna

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Deacon/Lydia

• Alek/Arryn

• Rex/Lydia

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Rex/Anna

• Shadow/Val

• Alek/Melody

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Val/Arryn

• Jason/Tulip

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Shadow:

"Yeah, I'm a hybrid. Pure grass type. Who is 'us'? Do you have a group of other hybrids? If so, I'd love to come along." Jason said. Shadow watched as he picked up the pieces of the robot that were left. Jason had also brought out a Whimsicott. It was the first time Shadow had seen one in person.

"'Us' is a group of six hybrids counting me. The group isn't very old and I myself just joined a few days ago. It is actually time to meet up with one of the other hybrids now. I was going to fly there, but I guess we can walk. My Noivern can only carry one other person other than myself. He isn't strong enough for three yet. Hardly strong enough for two." Shadow reported.

"I don't think we are too far from the meeting spot, but we need to leave now to catch her in time." Shadow said looking down as the clocked.

Shadow started to walk in a certain direction, "Let's go ahead and leave if you two are ready."

Why am I finding it so easy to talk to hybrids? I was also going to practice forming daggers in my hand, but I guess I'll do that later. I need to get back to the others and meet up with Arryn, especially while she is alone. She can take care of herself, but anyone can be caught off guard. Regardless of what Gray may think, she is strong.

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years
  • Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Arryn; Ice & Dark

Arryn tosses a twig that sat at the base of the fountain towards the fences outlining the Radio Tower, on the edge of the ocean. Shadow gives her a look, not entertaining the idea of playing fetch as they wait.

"Do you have a better idea?" Arryn quips to her Absol and rests back on her palms, the sun beaming down on her face. She rarely gets to feel warm unless on a particularly sunny day like this.

They might not come today, she thinks, crossing her ankles and tilting her head, taking in the view. I'll wait a little longer, anyway. There were no views like this in Saffron, she is going to enjoy it while she can.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Rex

After wandering around alone for two days (or five minutes), Rex is officially sick of this place. It's cavernous, none of the rooms are arranged in a sensible layout, and all the food is frozen or wrapped in plastic. Not to mention the dining room is huge, with a table nearly 30 feet long, and the plates and silverware are made of actual silver, with real gold candlesticks!

After tucking the precious metals into his spare satchel, he heads out the back door (because it was the first exit he could find) and heads into town. They were supposed to meet up with Arryn at the radio tower, but Rex wants to look around Goldenrod first. Maybe find a grocery store, or a pawn shop he can sell these candlesticks to.

UnnecessaryLongName

"Honor is in the heart, not the name."
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2015
    "'Us' is a group of six hybrids counting me. The group isn't very old and I myself just joined a few days ago. It is actually time to meet up with one of the other hybrids now. I was going to fly there, but I guess we can walk. My Noivern can only carry one other person other than myself. He isn't strong enough for three yet. Hardly strong enough for two."​
    Jason nodded in agreement, as while he liked Shadow so far, he would rather not be miles in the sky with him yet. There could possibly be anyother one of those robots flying around as well - which wouldn't end well in the sky.​
    "I don't think we are too far from the meeting spot, but we need to leave now to catch her in time." Shadow said. "Let's go ahead and leave if you two are ready."​
    Jason nodded. Over his normal human interaction for the day, he felt that meeting them one or so at a time would make it easy for him to get on their good sides. He began to follow Shadow, assuming he was headed for the meet-up point. He reached out to pet his Whimsicott, when he forged an idea.
    "Just to get us there faster," Jason explained. "Whims, use Tailwind!" The Pokemon responded by closing her eyes and summoning a whirlwind at their backside. Suddenly Jason noticed that his speed increased. "Thank you!" he said blissfully, hugging his pokemon. He hoped this made up for Shadow not being able to fly. "Let's be on our merry way."​

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

• "Sure. If you really want."

Tulip sighed a little. So he doesn't want too... Its just if I do. She smiled weakly knowing that was a no. "Never mind Darren... its okay. Lets just be friends..." she looked down.

"Just wondering. Do your parents know about you? Ya know, being a hybrid? A hybrid".

"Of course. I told them immediately... Before they let me move in... They're the reason im so strong... Im going to start Dinner... Wanna help?" she asked giggling. She grabbed Darrens hand and guided him too the kitchen. The maids were all ready on it.

"Uh... Can we help?" Tulip asked politely.

"No." one of them said the rest nodding in agreement.

Tulip sighed and dragged Darren to a different bedroom. Everything was black,red, or gray.

"Here... You can stay in this room. Im gonna go to the pool... I would invite you but I assumed since you're a fire type you wouldn't like that... Seeya." she said going outside into a room changing into her swimsuit and swimming in the pool. Her swimsuit was a cute floral print that tied in the back.

"I wonder when everyone will get back..." she said looking down at the clear blue water. She could hear her sister yelling or something then a car screech off. Her sister had left.. Probably came on to Gray or something. She sighed hoping everyone would come back soon.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years

• Darren

"Never mind... let's just be friends." Tulip said with a weak smile. A confused look formed on Darren's face. Wait what? So she wants to be my girlfriend... then doesn't. What? Tulip grabbed Darren's hand and lead him to the kitchen. I have no clue what's going on now... Houndoom followed the two people, looking just as confused as his trainer. Tulip lead Darren to a dark room, colored black and gray with a little bit of red. "Here. You can stay in this room." Tulip said before running off. Darren watched Tulip disappear then he closed the door. "Okay..." Darren said as he walked over to a bed and sat down. That girl is making zero sense. Maybe I should do some fighting. Maybe that will clear my mind and help me figure this thing out. Darren looked down at Houndoom, "What do you think about finding somewhere to battle? I'm sure the underground has a place we could go." Houndoom happily jumped up at the idea of finally seeing more action. "We don't know what kind of pokemon people are going to have out here though. So we should do a little bit of training to get ready." Darren and Houndoom made their way back to the front yard.

"Honedge let's go!" Darren through a pokeball into the air releasing Honedge. The sword pokemon swung it's blade back and forth then stared at it's trainer. Darren pulled his sword out and spun it around, "Alright, give me everything you've got." Darren placed a second hand on the katana then raised it in front of his face. Honedge lunged forward with a Night Slash that Darren countered with a Night Slash of his own. "You've gotta be faster than that Honedge. Like this." Darren removed his left hand from the blade then swung the weapon with his right hand, hitting the sword pokemon in the side. Honedge hit the ground then bounced up with another lunge. Darren jumped back and side stepped to avoid the attack. Angered by it's second failed attack, Honedge launched a fury of slash attacks. Darren stepped back as he parried one slash after another until one of the attacks finally caught him. Honedge stopped it's attacks as it finally landed a hit, cutting Darren on the cheek. Darren raised his hand to his face then looked at the blood on his fingers, "Now that's how you attack. Keep it going." Darren raised his blade then struck Honedge with a Night Slash. Darren rolled to the side as Honedge launched another volley of Slash attacks. Darren raised his sword and blocked Honedge's blade from hitting between his eyes.​

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

"Just to get us there faster," Jason explained. "Whims, use Tailwind!"

Shadow grinned at the idea, ""Great idea. That really, truly is a great idea. I never would have thought of it."

The tail wind blew from behind. Shadow's hair blew in the wind as he closed his eyes and looked toward the sky. He wet his lips as the sudden wind had made them dry. He reached to his side and threw a pokeball into the air.

"Noivern, come out!" Noivern came out of its pokeball, "Noivern, I want you to guide these two from the air. Keep them in your view." Shadow said.

Noivern nodded.

"I have the ability Speed Boost, so I will probably leave you guys behind. I can't control it yet. So I am not sure how fast I will go. Noivern here will fly in the sky and keep you two in view, as well as me. I will try my best to control Speed Boost. Noivern will lead you to me." Shadow explained.

Shadow stretched his legs by lifting them behind him and grabbing one foot at a time. He then stretched them out to his sides, going left to right. He then put one elbow and front of him and pushed it with the other hand. He changed arms and repeated it.

"I don't want to tell you guys where we are going in case we are being watched and they can react quicker than we can get there. Just trust me and follow Noivern. And I am off." Shadow said.

Shadow started running and his Speed Boost quickly activated, making his speed already faster than an average human's. He dodged trees as he quickly sped through the forest, already coming into view with town. He turned his head and saw Noivern watching him form a long distance away. He was in the town now as speed boost continued to activate every now and then. He saw the radio tower and started skidding to stop.

"Oh crap!!! Too much speed!! Way too much speed!" Shadow yelled.

He skidded for at least 400 feet, hitting the fountain and sending him into a tumble. He rolled for another few feet and finally came to a stop. He quickly looked around. He was lucky, no one saw him other than maybe Arryn who was sitting on the fountain. He gains his breath while laying down and then rolls over on his stomach to get up. He shakes his head. Delibird were circling around his head as he tried to steady himself.

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn; Ice & Dark

Shadow skids into view, much too fast, and flies into the fountain Arryn sits on. He rolls to the side and she has to cover her mouth to stop from laughing. Luckily, no one pays him much attention as there aren't many people lingering around the Radio Tower.

She stands to help him up and can barely contain her laughter. "Nice entrance, Shadow. I was just about to leave, too."

Peering at him, Arryn looks for any injuries. Nothing other than dizziness and probably some embarrassment.

"Are the rest of the group with you?" She glances around, looking for the others.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

Arryn helps him up. As he climbed out of the fountain. He holds his head for a moment. He looks over at Arryn and smiles.

"Nice entrance, Shadow. I was just about to leave, too.

"Yeah yeah go ahead and laugh." He laughed to himself a little.

"Are the rest of the group with you?" Arryn asks.

He sits down on the edge of the water fountain. Giving himself a moment before talking so that the dizziness goes down.

"No they aren't. I came from collecting berries and buying C Gears, luckily they are water proof." Shadow said taking his bag off. He looked for his hat that was floating in the water. Fixing it and fling a little water off on Arryn for laughing at him, but not enough to soak her.

"But, I did find two more hybrids. They should be getting here soon. Noivern is watching form a distance and leading them here."

He puts all joking a side and looks at Arryn, "Have you seen a robot following you?"

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn; Ice & Dark

Shadow sits down on the fountain's edge. "No they aren't. I came from collecting berries and buying C Gears, luckily they are water proof." He reaches into the water for his hat and flicks some water at her as he does.

She grins a little and sits beside him.

"But, I did find two more hybrids. They should be getting here soon. Noivern is watching form a distance and leading them here."

Two Hybrids? This group just expanded to eight.

"Have you seen a robot following you?"

She quirks a brow, a robot? "Not that I've noticed, no..." Suddenly uneasy, Arryn casts an unsure glance around their surroundings. "A robot followed you?"

Last edited:

UnnecessaryLongName

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2015
    Shadow grinned at the idea, ""Great idea. That really, truly is a great idea. I never would have thought of it."
    Jason smiled at the compliment.​
    "Noivern, come out!" Noivern came out of its pokeball, "Noivern, I want you to guide these two from the air. Keep them in your view." "I have the ability Speed Boost, so I will probably leave you guys behind. I can't control it yet. So I am not sure how fast I will go. Noivern here will fly in the sky and keep you two in view, as well as me. I will try my best to control Speed Boost. Noivern will lead you to me." Shadow explained.​
    Jason nodded, thankful for the watching eye. He was sure that Shadow would have thought of his idea, as the guy seemed to think of everything else. Jason began to strech a similar routine to Shadow, as he wanted to see if he could at least be within seeing distance to Shadow. Whimsicott mimiced her trainer by doing the same routine. Jason reached over to pet Whimsicott as he heard Shadow say, "I don't want to tell you guys where we are going in case we are being watched and they can react quicker than we can get there. Just trust me and follow Noivern. And I am off." Futher proof of him thinking of everything Jason thought, as he began his pace.​
    At first, Jason noticed that he was able to keep up with Shadow.. barely. However, after speedboost started to kick in, the space between them grew. Loosing eyesight between the trees, Jason followed Noivern out of the forest and into Goldenrod. As he took in the views, Noivern landed beside him, and nodded towards a fountain with Shadow and another girl sitting beside him. As he began to walk towards Arryn and Shadow, Noivern patted his back and nodded towards his own back, Jason noticed his Whimsicott. Jason laughed awkwardly. "Sorry for leaving you.. kinda got sidetracked." Which the Pokemon responded with a slap to his face before hopping on his shoulder. "Sorry.." he muttered out, as he once again started towards Shadow and Arryn.​

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

Shadow looked at Arryn. He didn't want to worry her in this new town, but if that robot was truly after him. Arryn might be included for what she did.

He put a hand on her shoulder, "Yes one did. I am not sure when it did, possibly after I got the C Gears, but I am not 100% sure. It followed me into the woods when I was talking to Annabel. I destroyed it. It had a camera and I crushed it, but when I did it exploded, trying to take me out, but Lucario protected both me and Anna."

He took a deep breath after talking, "I asked Anna to join us because she may now be a target because she told me she was a hybrid. I didn't want her becoming a target because of my failure to figure out the robot was following me. The other hybrid, Jason, popped up out of no where when I was talking to her. I asked him to join as well."

Shadow took his hand off Arryn's shoulder, "I don't know who sent the robot, but it had a letter on it. I couldn't tell what the letter was though. I don't think one would try anything out here in the middle of town."

Shadow took of his wet jacket and laid it on the side of the fountain. He had a scratch on his arm form where he fell, but nothing serious. He then checked his knee, which was bruised a good amount, but would heal in no time.

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

• "Where is everyone?" Tulip pouted.

Tulip got out of the pool and dried off getting her sun dress on. It was beautiful. It had flowers everywhere and hearts and moons all over it. She slid on her heels and sent out Gardevoir. Gardevoir smiled grabbing her hand teleporting her to Arryn and Shadow.

"Oh! Hey guys!" Tulip cheered, smiling sitting down on the fountain. She looked out on the horizon too see something amazing. He was tall and tanned and beautiful. She slowly slid off her sunglasses. She was already blushing. She was excited to meet this new stray that Shadow picked up. Gardevoir tapped herself into the pokeball.

"Shadow... How much shit did you talk about me?" She asked wondering if this new guy would like her.

"Do I look okay...?" she bit her bottom lip. Her blonde hair was braided into a side braid like Elsa's. She had wide framed circle sunglasses. Her sunglasses had roses,hearts, and moons on it. It was beautiful and abstract. Tulip was more relaxed now that she was back in Johto. She felt stronger emotionally here. She took a deep breathe and waited to meet the tall, dark, and handsome walking tword her.

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn; Ice & Dark

After Shadow finishes telling her about the incident in the woods, Arryn feels immensely guilty. If a robot targeted Shadow, it could be because of what happened at Silph Co. I never should have gone that night. I've just put him and myself and anyone around us in danger.

"Do you remember what that part of the letter looked like?" Back at the house, they can try and decipher what it belongs to... "It's probably bad for us to be out in public, now."

She runs a hand through her hair, frustrated that their new start has been ruined by Team Rocket again. Although, this wasn't a new start for her, this was still about her vendetta and the fact that Giovanni is in Johto; closer than what she thought.

"I found a place for us to stay," Arryn changes the subject, lightening the mood. "A house with four bedrooms. The living room has two pull out couches so the eight of us should fit just fine."

Arryn looks off in the distance and spots someone heading for them. He's a Hybrid, she can tell instantly now that she's been around so many. And attractive... then again, all the guys in their group were attractive.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

"Do you remember what that part of the letter looked like? It's probably bad for us to be out in public, now."

Shadow thought back to the image of the letter, "It looked like the edge of a G possibly, and I think it was yellow."

He looked at Arryn, "And no, we can't let Team Rocket scare us into hiding. I know we want to stay safe. But we are in a new region now. As long as we stay in town, I don't think anything will happen. The only reason I think I was attacked was because I was out in the woods. However, we need to keep our guard up at all times. But we can't be pushed around."

He lowered his voice so only they could here, "We can be hybrids and still act normal as long as we control ourselves. I lived many years with the public. No one ever noticed I was a hybrid. I even had kids wanting to battle me every now and then and look at my pokemon. If we are to survive, we must adapt like a pokemon."

I hope. If I am wrong, anyone who gets hurt is on me. Shadow thought as he closed his eyes and relaxed his hands and arms, trying to find balance.

Tulip popped out of no where and Shadow jumped and fell back into the water... again. His head went under this time and he quickly brought it out of the water. He hat was floating in the water and he picked it up and set it on his jacket. He spit water out onto the ground.

He looked at Tulip and shook his head as she looked at the new comer, which was Jason.

SO much for finding balance.... He thought as he tried to relax again.

"And Sa... Tulip, I didn't say anything thing bad about you other than you could be a little boy crazy at times, but I think he liked the idea. And you look fine don't worry." Shadow said looking at Tulip, playing with her Else ponytail for a moment then putting it down.

"I found a place for us to stay. house with four bedrooms. The living room has two pull out couches so the eight of us should fit just fine."

"That's good Arryn." Shadow replied, getting more relaxed now.

He looked at Noivern who was taking off once again in the air watching for Anna.

"Over here Jason!" Shadow yelled as he waved over to him.

"Now only Annabel is left. I hope she is ok." Shadow said to the two females at his sides.

UnnecessaryLongName

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2015
    As Jason grew closer, he was spooked by the sudden teleportation that Tulip had pulled. He literally stopped in his tracks, took him by surprise. He smiled as he noticed both Arryn and Tulpi staring over at him. He waved his hand back at Shadow, after he heard him yell "Over here!" and rushed over to them.​
    Jason looked at the two girls. While Tulip was the more attactive one, Jason saw himself relating and liking personality wise to Arryn. "Hey there, my name is Jason, and this is Whimsy. What do you two lovely ladies call yourselves?" He said towards Arryn and Tulip. Whimsicott let out a cheerful cry, as she loved making new friends.​

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

• "Hey there, my name is Jason, and this is Whimsy. What do you two lovely ladies call yourselves?"

Lovely ladies? If he likes Arryn I swear. IS her personality better than mine? Shes not prettier... So that must be it.

"My names Tulip. Its wonderful to meet you Jason." she smiled, blushing a little bit. His hair was a wild black mess, and his eyes were an ocean blue. He was perfect and obviously a grass type. She felt it. She squealed when she saw Whimsicott. She hugged the fluffy pokemon.

"Well look at this beauty! You're gorgeous!" She smiled playing with the pokemon.

"Youre so sweet. My name is Tulip it is great to meet you Whimiscott." she cooed. She looked back at Jason. She couldn't stop but stare his smile was perfect... She felt stronger around Jason... Maybe it was his aura... She blushed shoving her face into Whimsicotts fluff.

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn; Ice & Dark

It doesn't surprise her when Tulip appears out of thin air, she has some kind of 'hot guy tracker' installed, Arryn is sure of it.

Though Shadow seems to be more than surprised as he tumbles backwards into the fountain and again, Arryn tries not to laugh too loud as she reaches over to help him. Day one and he's already soaked head to toe.

"Hey there, my name is Jason, and this is Whimsy." Jason, the other Hybrid that Shadow mentioned, walks over to where she and Shadow sit, just to the side of Tulip. "What do you two lovely ladies call yourselves?"

"Arryn," she smiles fleetingly at him. Making friends wasn't really her thing, but Hybrids are better in a group than on their own and they needed all the help they could get. "Glad to have you in the group, Jason." She's glad that Gray isn't here to judge the newcomers and scare them off, truthfully.

The Whimsicott on his shoulder cheerfully cries out and the smile that comes to her face is easier now. I get along better with Pokemon than people... is that a Hybrid thing? Jason seems kind enough, and this Anna girl will help balance out all the males greatly.

With the way Tulip ogles Jason, Arryn assumes that he's on her radar. Another one, she shakes her head subtly at her friend, at a loss with how many guys she's interested in at a time.

Arryn picks up Shadow's coat that he had laid out and brushes it off, folding it over her arm so he doesn't get it wet. "You're right about not hiding... I've been doing that for far too long." In a public place, they haven't much to fear with so many people around. Team Rocket wouldn't dare make a move like that... or so she hopes.

Last edited:

UnnecessaryLongName

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2015
    "My names Tulip. Its wonderful to meet you Jason."​
    "Arryn, glad to have you in the group, Jason."​
    "Tulip, huh? That's fitting. Such a beautiful flower, for such a beautiful person. Thank you Arryn! I'm glad to be here - I think I'll fit in nicely with the rest of your group. Or at least, I hope."​
    Jason rubbed his neck. Tulip was really attractive, and his type. Not only that, but he could tell that she was a grass type. While Arryn seemed to be shy. Does she see me as a threat, or does she not trust me yet? Jason asked himself.
    I mean, its reasonable, but I try to make myself come off as a nice guy.​
    He shrugged to himself. He turned his attention to his Whimsicott, who seemed to also get Arryns and Tulips attention. She made Arryn smile, while Tulips face was currently in her fluff. Whimsy looked at me and shrugged, which made me giggle.​
    Jason turned his head to Shadow and Arryn. Looking at Shadow made Jason remind him of the robot in his bag. "Yo, Shadow. I got a question. What should I do with that robot? Should I keep it for investigation or just trash it?"​

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

• "Tulip, huh? That's fitting. Such a beautiful flower, for such a beautiful person."

Jason said and she almost fell into the fountain herself. She swooned into Whimsicott's fluff then let her go and smiled sitting next to Jason.

"Thank you... I really appreciate it.... You're really attractive too..." she blushed wildly.

Wait...Am I nervous...? Tulip nervous? I basically eat boys for every meal and im nervous... Are these butterfly's? oh shit.

Tulip giggled nervously. She was sitting so close to him. She was swooning hard core. You could probably see the hearts floating around her head.

"Uh... Are we waiting for one person? I think Gardevoir could probably teleport us all back... Uh. Jason were staying at my house. I have to show you my bedroom... There's nature everywhere. Im sure you'd love it..." she blushed gently touching Jasons hand. She felt her heart jump out of her chest, she starts blushing. His energy was amazing she didn't want to stop touching him. She felt so safe and great around him it was amazing...

"Sorry... Im touchy..." she giggled embarrassed.

Back