• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dento and Iris Speculation

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
  • Ih i missunderstood... Anyway thats just my opinion. Well for now in anime she only has Kibago i think...

She has another Pokemon in her team that she can't control I believe. It was in episode 9. I forgot the name of the Pokemon though.

What do you guys think about Dento and Iris having other pokémon other than the ones we've seen already caught before they met Ash? They are gym leaders after all (Well at least Dento in the anime)

Hopefully in the next few episodes they'll get more Pokemon. I would like to see Dento have other Pokemon types but most likely he'll probably get grass type Pokemon only. I think Iris is going to be getting another Pokemon later on but I don't think she'll strictly stick with dragon type Pokemon since her other Pokemon isn't a Dragon type that is if she is a gym leader in the anime.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    i think these will be there pokemon (tho some may evolve)

Iris
    -kibago
    -doryuuzu
    -dangoro
    -zuruggu
    -chillarmy
    -monmen

dento
    -yanakkie
    -yorterrie
    -yuniran
    -koaruhie
    -emonga
    -kumasyun

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    But what I don't get is why Iris didn't show it to Ash when they first met.
    What I think is the reason behind Iris not showing Ash Doryuzu at first would be because of it being disobedient. She kept mocking Ash in the beginning and didn't want to show her lack of ability as a good trainer.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I agree with Vernikova, Iris is same as May, so boaring and useless >.< I wish that Misty is back shes the best. And as for Dento, hes just another ash fangirl...

LOL, of all the main girls, Misty did the least.

I think Iris will have her dragon evolve.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • LOL, of all the main girls, Misty did the least.

I think not. II think Misty was the most loved girl companion of Ash, and, since its part of the original team, its "classicity" will never be removed. And, she also showed the biggest change of all companions, even though she was only featured in two regions (three of you count Orange), and she overcame her fear of Gyarados. And she's cool.

Anyway, as my first post, it's been confirmed! Dento really caught the Ishizumai featured in the episode. :) Good luck, new member!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Brock had a Normal-type, Rock-type, Poison-type, Steel-type, Fire-type, Water-type, and a Grass-type. I doubt green haired guy will get as diverse Pokémon as Brock.

miltankRancher

Years
  • i mean, like he should take up all six slots to be used, not just only four or three, rarely coming to the full party status.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    If Brock as a Rock type gym leader could get a diverse set of Pokemon, so can Dento as a Grass type leader. And he already has a Bug/Rock type Pokemon.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • If he's merely a sidekick, I'm not going to say he is, I don't see why he should have a full team. If he did get a full team, would they really focus on him instead of Ash's Pokémon or Witch's Pokémon?

e: That wasn't in response to you mervy

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • If green haired guy gets a full team actually, why not Witch as well? She doesn't seem any less important than green haired guy. If he gets a full team she gets a full team unless he has a secret token quest that he hasn't begun yet.

miltankRancher

Years
  • maybe. at this point, all we could do is speculate. And, personally, I'm going to like the anime more if both has full teams.

miltankRancher

Years
  • well, sooner or later, we'll soon see their importance. Maybe his being a Sommelier will come in handy. dento... So many opportunities for you... I hopeb they put you on a very nice path, unlike tracy.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Iris still has a somewhat Dragon-typed team even though only two of her Pokemon are revealed so far, since "mole" in kanji is written as 「土竜」 (earth dragon.)

Dent, on the other hand, seems to be a less-womanizing Brock. Can't really say much about him.
    I like it how his cooking is more western oriented when compared to Brock's Japanese-household cooking. Draws a nice parallel.

miltankRancher

Years
  • Iris still has a somewhat Dragon-typed team even though only two of her Pokemon are revealed so far, since "mole" in kanji is written as 「土竜」 (earth dragon.)

Dent, on the other hand, seems to be a less-womanizing Brock. Can't really say much about him.
    I like it how his cooking is more western oriented when compared to Brock's Japanese-household cooking. Draws a nice parallel.

I like the comparison of Brock and Dento, and sure enough, Ash is getting himself fed up. When I look at the anime's pics, I would really like to dive in the screen and taste some. yeah, I'm that great of a food fanatic.

Back