• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtrude

Gamer
    Years
    wow icbi

wow i just found out you could hack gba version of the game series but this well we will have to wait and see!

Gοяκнaвоii

I am MIRAJ =]
    Years
    That has the text table for the Japanese version of Pokémon Diamond/Pearl.
    It very well could be the same as the English version, I will try to change that into table format.
    EDIT: That appears to only work with the Japanese version. And one thing to note is that The English rom is only 64MB while the Japanese rom is 128MB. This means that maybe the English rom is compressed and cannot be edited very easily in compressed format. (Like how you can't access the files of a .zip file until you extract them.)
    This also brings to the stand the idea of translating a Japanese rom into English if the English rom can't be uncompressed.
    Of course, this is all a theory, since it might not be compressed at all and the people who converted it to English somehow shrunk the rom down a bit. (Since anything above 64MB is put into a 128MB cartridge.)

try the R4's DS ROM decompresser..

dotFallen

Hunter of Darkness
    Years
    yes the othr versions were I agree with you, but I dont think diamond and pearl are different. But we need to wait to prove this. lol.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    well I am testing it right now so I
    can hopefully post some screenshots tomorrow.

Oh, And a Happy New Year!

//44tim44

Well, it's been 6 days and no screenshots. And no one else confirmed it, so I'll say it's not true...
    I really wanted to believe you though...

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
    Wow! A lot of stuff has changed since I checked this last. Congratulations to all for your findings!

While you're theory sounds very interesting, I have to disagree with this specific detail. The difference between versions of Pokemon are very great. By hacking Ruby and Sapphire or Leaf Green and Fire Red one can find that the versions are VERY different in coding. In fact, one of the only things that are the same between them is the text encoding. You have to think, Diamond and Pearl have completly different title screens, different pokemon available, different text during certain parts, and different events. This, from my own personal experience with hacking, is MUCH larger than one line of code.

I think, what he means, is that both Diamond/Pearl contain the corresponding data. For example, the Pearl game would actually contain all the Diamond data (title screen, events, etc.) and vise versa. A 'switch' only has to be switched (i.e that single line of code) and the game changes.

He's probably right, too, because it would have been far easier for Nintendo to work with and the new DS cartridges have tons of space.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    Hey
    Everybody!

Sorry for not posting the screenshots as promised.
    (I've been having problem with my Internet connection)

But anyway here is a screenshot for now.:)

EDIT: Forgot to mention , It's one of the guardstaitons
    (you know the ones between routes and towns like
    at the west side of jubilife)

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    Well.. All this 'Diamond and Pearl are the same game' CAN be true..
    YES, the Diamond titlescreen is in the Pearl version and vice versa.. BUT, it's in a folder called 'demo'..
    So.. Well.. anyway, we should investigate it a lil' more..

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    In post #2, there is a picture of the DS emulator. How do you make it go so fast (mine goes 48%...)

Dude0

Master Of Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2008
    hey can u change the sprites on pokemon diamond

pokenar

Lunatic Red Eyes
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Hey
    Everybody!

Sorry for not posting the screenshots as promised.
    (I've been having problem with my Internet connection)

But anyway here is a screenshot for now.:)

EDIT: Forgot to mention , It's one of the guardstaitons
    (you know the ones between routes and towns like
    at the west side of jubilife)
    yes thanks for the screenshot ok yes my first post here but i completly support this and il help however i can and with this we are 1 huge step closer to making a map editor.

edit 9:03am alantic time) good morning everyone

Last edited:

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Beginner Hacker :)
    Years
    Come on people we can't let this forum die out..... We've been born to hack games..... And diamond and Pearl are hard to hack..... I've read tones of forums not only from The Pokemon Community but from other forums and they've all been trying to hack.... someone should think about making a map editor maybe they could get a group of really good hackers that no how to rip things out of pokemon pearl and diamond....

What are we? HACKERS
    And What are we born to do? HACK!!!!!
    And what does everyone want? A diamond and pearl Map Editor and some other hacking programs for diamond and Pearl

Years
    someone should think about making a map editor maybe they could get a group of really good hackers that no how to rip things out of pokemon pearl and diamond....l

It's not that easy, before you an editing program you need to know what your editing. i don't think anyone knows anything about editing maps in d/p

pokenar

Lunatic Red Eyes
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    It's not that easy, before you an editing program you need to know what your editing. i don't think anyone knows anything about editing maps in d/p

Come on people we can't let this forum die out..... We've been born to hack games..... And diamond and Pearl are hard to hack..... I've read tones of forums not only from The Pokemon Community but from other forums and they've all been trying to hack.... someone should think about making a map editor maybe they could get a group of really good hackers that no how to rip things out of pokemon pearl and diamond....

What are we? HACKERS
    And What are we born to do? HACK!!!!!
    And what does everyone want? A diamond and pearl Map Editor and some other hacking programs for diamond and Pearl

final someone has posted its been days so well i geuss i can ask a friend of mine at school about indepth hex programs he is a genuise with computers.

EvilCrazyMonkey

D/P Hacker-in-Training
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    Wow, D/P hacking is really coming together. Once I get home I'll be able to have tons of free space on my computer, so I'll look into the hex coding when that happens. I'll try as hard as I can to make a text table or something else.
    Like spenceroone3(I think that's how it's spelled) did, randomly editing the coding of the game is probably the best way to discover the map offsets and how the whole thing works. Make 100% sure to write/type the offset of what you changed, the original code, and the new, modified code. It may not be easy, but what other ways are there?

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Beginner Hacker :)
    Years
    Hmmmm..... I see your point gabe_k
    But then wouldn't it just be like riping the sprites out of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

pokenar, your are my new best friend.... has your friend joined The Pokemon Community or is interested in Pokemon.... Well anyways Thanks pokenar I reckon if he does join and help hack Diamond and Pearl... We could get one step closer to making a Diamond and Pearl hack!

EvilCrazyMonkey..... Well done..... I would say more but i have to goto my friends house but when i come back ill promise ill add more... :)

pokenar

Lunatic Red Eyes
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Hmmmm..... I see your point gabe_k
    But then wouldn't it just be like riping the sprites out of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

pokenar, your are my new best friend.... has your friend joined The Pokemon Community or is interested in Pokemon.... Well anyways Thanks pokenar I reckon if he does join and help hack Diamond and Pearl... We could get one step closer to making a Diamond and Pearl hack!

EvilCrazyMonkey..... Well done..... I would say more but i have to goto my friends house but when i come back ill promise ill add more... :)

well good news bad news he dosnt like pokemon but he dosnt hate it il just get him to teach me alot about hexing and mabye even the hex program of preal maby he can come up with something he and i are only in grade 7 but he can create a sowat desint program in less then a minute.

EvilCrazyMonkey

D/P Hacker-in-Training
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    Brilliant Idea just hit me...

Pokesav. That's the answer. If anyone is experienced in programming, check out the pokesav application. It's located at https://www.drakendomain.net. It generates ARDS codes, so it definitely has to deal with hex editing and offsets. Also, check out the ARDS codes separately to find out how the thing works. It will help, I can tell you that.

EDIT:
    I made a banner for this thread. It's a userbar, not nearly as cool, but space-saving for those of you that want to have multiple pics in your signature without having to worry about pixel size as much.
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking
    Like it?
    Here's the code for it:
    Replace {}s with []s to work for BBCode.
    {URL="https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=82080"}{IMG}https://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff192/EvilRandomMonkey/dphackers.png{/IMG}{/URL}

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back