• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did/Would you Replay SM?

Did/Would you replay SM?

• Yes

Votes: 36 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
  • Considering I've yet to even finish playing Sun, no.
    Reallyyyy ain't a fan of the new mechanics and annoying mons added this gen. (looking at you, tepe quartet and endless wild battles...)

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
    Years
    • Age 29
    • they/them
    • Maine
    • Seen Sep 2, 2022
    Yes! I already have Moon and am planning to play through it (played Sun first), but can't decide what starer to use XD. Also kinda hated some of the hand-holding and definitely don't want to deal with Lillie again... but the rest of the game was great, so I wanna go again. The only game(s) in the series I haven't went back through was ORAS. I played OR and tried to play AS but was just so bored by it. It was even easier than XY and I've played the Gen 3 games so many times, there was no incentive to play it again, lol.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • curently on my 7th playthrough of sun and moon so yes i defenitly play them agin like i do with every generation of games

Years
  • Unfortunately no. I did buy both games on release day. I was disappointed after playing Moon that I returned Sun to GameStop.

Basically what people said in this thread (constant hand-holding, GF thinking your a newcomer/idiot, over 9000 cutscenes) is very true. It's sad what the Pokemon games have become.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • I would love to replay it...

But, Hopefully with a mod that makes it even harder like Umbra moon... to bad I don't have a modded 3ds T_T

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Yes, but with very littler regards to the story and the overall gameplay. Just using it to further my monotype dreams lol.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    i usually don't replay pokemon games unless it's been years and years for nostalgia sake
    too big of a time investment maybe??? idk

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • I would definitely replay Moon. If I could without literally losing everything. Seriously, Game Freak. Just allow multiple save files already. >:(

Eresse

Gladion Trash
    Years
  • I would definitely replay Moon. If I could without literally losing everything. Seriously, Game Freak. Just allow multiple save files already. >:(
    Seriously. I'd love to replay Sun again, but I'd rather not lose everything and don't want to shell out the money for another copy of the game.

Maybe in generation 8...
    Save

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen today
    I haven't beaten either of the games yet, but I've been considering starting one of them again fresh. I think they both have decent replayability despite the lengthy cutscenes, and giving them another go might be what I need to actually finish one.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2017
    ok so i did indeed reply the game but i started it and couldnt get into it again but once you get the painfully slow start its so much fun to play again plus i didn't make the mistake of having a lurantis on my team like no joke it sucked so hard

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2017
    I am waiting for a good romhack to replay it.
    Is there any good ones? I found Star sapphire horrible so I am having doubts over his new one on SM. Anything else?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • So, I'm replaying Moon right now and I'm noticing a few more things that I didn't notice the first time around:
    - it takes SO long to finally get started... I feel like I'm going through cutscenes for like years
    - Lillie keeps saying how Nebby can't be seen by anybody else but Nebby's out of the bag in Iki Town, Melemele Meadow... a bunch of other places.

Years
  • So, I'm replaying Moon right now and I'm noticing a few more things that I didn't notice the first time around:
    - it takes SO long to finally get started... I feel like I'm going through cutscenes for like years
    - Lillie keeps saying how Nebby can't be seen by anybody else but Nebby's out of the bag in Iki Town, Melemele Meadow... a bunch of other places.
    definitely concur with this, i noticed in replaying sm that the game has an extremely long, drawn out intro portion; the entire first island is more or less a bore. however, once you get past that, and like half the second island, then you're in the clear and the game is fun the rest of the way.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I finished Moon and completed the Pokédex. I bought Sun and finished it too, and completed the dex as well. Then I restarted Moon in my native language (for the first time ever, I always played in English). I lack the will and motivation to finish Moon again however. I'm stalling a bit, and I think I figured out why: None of the places/environement really stand out for me.
    Sun and Moon were amazing games, but every route or places felt unoriginal to me. I remember that huge cliff overlooking a beach in X/Y, or the muddy swamp with creepy trees. Sun and Moon doesn't have that. It's pretty yes, but I feel no place really stood out, or was memorable.

Back