• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[dLtMs0 v 5.4] ITT SHINJI IS CONFIRMED FOR GROSSEST; Days till Pokestick Day: check new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Aye, I'm used to a WASD setup and I've played a lot of games with diagonal 3D movement such as Super Mario 64 DS and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and gotten used to using a D-Pad to move in 360 degrees

Yukari

tbh at this point I prefer using a mouse and keyboard to a controller.

Except when it comes to awful ports.

Yukari

Definitely. A mouse is far more precise. Analogs are really good for movement though.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Oh you all and your childhood English dubs with altered music, westernised names and abridged content.

Anti smudge glove? Why do you need one?

It's an artist thing.

You wouldn't understand.

No it's actually for drawing tablet users and people who draw on paper who don't want the skin on their hand to go all over the surface and ruin everything. The oils on our skin sticks and smudges on tablets, especially on screens like on a Cintiq, and we've all accidentally smudged out things we've been drawing on paper. Especially left-handed people.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

WHAT. WHAT DO YOU. YOU'LL HAVE TO BE MORE CLEAR MACHO.

I watched a bit of the dub though, and I do like the writing. It's sassy. And I hope that sweet-ass music returns in Tri.

Even I have that problem Don, and I'm not even a lefty 8D

Years

Don't.

Not saying it's a bad game or anything, just that they recently announced that they're making an enhanced..version? Port? Remake?

Regardless, it's the same game, but better. I'd wait for more info.

Well I was hoping to play it over Spring break but...any recommendations on turn based JRPG's that have good stories on Steam?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Well I was hoping to play it over Spring break but...any recommendations on turn based JRPG's that have good stories on Steam?
    Hm...sadly, save for the Final Fantasy titles there really aren't that many traditional TBJRPGs on Steam.

But, as for slightly more unconventional ones, there's Valkyria Chronicles, which is a lot of fun, and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, which is also quite fun and rather addictive. They're both Turn-Based, though in terms of story, the latter is more humorous (and hilariously so) while the former is militaristic and serious, for the most part.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Oh, it's that game. Possibly the most JRPGy JRPG I've ever seen but not played.

Dunno, I haven't played many rpgs on PC. I do know they fairly recently added that one X-Com-y/Fire Emblem-y turn based strategy gamemajig with the war and the stuff, though.
    Valkyria Chronicles, that's the one. Never played.

For its price Cthulhu Saves the World is neat, though it's pretty much a parody and I believe it's made in the west. Disgusting gaijins.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I'd recommend the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, then.

We were talking about this recently in the Video Games DCC, but the games are rather enjoyable. The music's fantastic (and I'd say the battle theme for this XIII specifically is the best in the series), the battle system is surprisingly fun, among other things. I'd recommend it, especially if you can ignore the criticism.

And Lightning Returns. Oohohoh, Lightning Returns. I eagerly await the day that that game comes to Steam.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back