• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually laugh when you say lol?

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I don't lol when I use 'lol' >: I hardly ever use that in the first place.

However, when using 'XD' I generally giggle or something like that. If I use multiple 'XD's' or say 'haha' I'm most likely laughing. I'm very easily amused and my friends are some pretty funny people.

Years
  • nah..i like never laugh when i say lol and i use it like alot...and noticed this with other ppl too..they mostly dont really laugh if they say lol..

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    I only laugh when I say lol in complete caps or a really spammy lol (LOLOLOLOLOLOL)

Years
  • I don't say lol.

But when I use 'XD', I usually laugh quietly to myself, with more D's showing the level of my amusement/how much I'm laughing out loud.

And if I'm really laughing alot out loud, I say ROFL/LMAO/etc.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    That's the thing...

Rarely do I say 'lol'. I tend to use the ' xD ' face, instead. Still means the same thing though, so all's good there. Normally, when I use it it just means I'm at least somewhat amused. Mostly if something makes me smile, then I use it. When I really do laugh at a post, or a comment in an IM... I do something more like "ROFLMAO! XDD". That's actually laughing, mind you.. not little giggles, or some such.

All that in one, easier to read sentence..
    Not really. 'Lol' or ' xD ' only means I'm slightly amused. nn;

Years
  • Practically never, but rarely I do. I do smile more often when I say lol. But anyway, it's not that weird to be not laughing when you say lol. When somebody uses 'XD', their face is most likely not like that either, so. :x

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Most times no, but yes. I won't use lol if it's not funny, so me saying lol indicates that I am, at the very least, amused...

Years
  • If I just do something like "lol" or "XD" then I usually don't laugh out loud. But when I do something like "XDDDDDDD" "XD!" or "LOL" then I'm probably lol-ing.

Back