• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have you own laptop?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    *points at 16 inch screen* I have a expensive gaming laptop i got for chrimsas 2008.

Years
  • Proud owner of a Compaq Armada 1590DT running Windows 95. Any well-maintained machine will last forever.
    Sadly, the battery will not. That's the issue with laptops, they eventually become semi-portable.

And to answer the thread, yes I have an HP DV1000.

Core Duo 1.86Ghz
    1.5 GB DDR2 400
    Intel GMA 945 Graphics

Running: Windows 7 Ultimate/Ubuntu 10.04/OSX Leopard

Malice.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Yes. I bought an ASUS G50VT gaming laptop last year from Best Buy. Its been very reliable to me <3 it was my first laptop purchase, and my business will be with ASUS forever. I play games with it, and it runs a tad hot, so I think I'm going to invest in a cooling pad for it next so I can rest a bit easier. Whenever the proc starts running above 130 I get nervous.

4GB of RAM, 320GB hdd, Nvidia 9800MGS gpu. Shipped with Vista Home Premium, upgraded to Ultimate last Christmas.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Acer Extensa, the only thing I can complain about is the tiny battery..
    And the lack of an appealing design..

I still love it. <3

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Dell Latitude D430, which I've had three years. In that time it's had two motherboards, three hard drives, two AC adapters, two screens, three keyboards and four of those little nipple mouse things.

And i think I've broken it again DX

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Apple MacBook pro. I bought it about 3 years ago. Looking to upgrade at some point to a Mac based htpc, but not for a little longer. I haven't found much that I can't do with this lappy for a while now, so i'm happy with it.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Alienware m15x, my graduation gift :cool:

Specs: i7 620M, 4GB DDR3 Ram, HD5850 Graphics Card, 500GB HDD, 1920x1080 screen, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I use my old Acer laptop whenever I'm on the go really. Had it for about four years now.

When I'm at home, which is when I really use my computer, I prefer using the desktop in my room.

I might look into getting a netbook though.

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
  • Yup. Mine's a 3-year-old white MacBook that I bought from my brother for $250. It has a 32-bit Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB of RAM, a skimpy 120GB hard drive, and a dual-layer DVD burner. It's not a very good machine for post-2007 gaming or heavy-duty audio visual production, but it's good enough for the work I do on it.

Years
  • Yup, I just got a MacBook Pro as a graduation gift since it's almost become a necessity to have a laptop as a university student.

Specs:
    2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
    4GB 1067MHz DDR3 RAM
    250 GB HDD
    Nvidia GeForce 320M 256MB Graphics

I've also got an iMac however that is not so great for carry around. xD

And HOW MUCH was that? Seriously, how much? I have the same specs, except it's an ATI Radeon and 320 GB HDD. Made by Gateway.

Why I hate Apple: Big prices, low quality. And yes I have had one for more than 6 months.

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    13" MacBook Pro Mid-2010

2.4 GHZ
    4 GB RAM
    250 GB HD
    Intel Core 2 Duo

And no, I don't care if you hate Apple, so stop bugging me if you're jealous.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Acer laptop right here. Its been with me since forever but its starting to freeze... and all those complicated computer problem stuff that happens to old sad laptops...

>____>

Im getting a new one soon :3

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • And HOW MUCH was that? Seriously, how much? I have the same specs, except it's an ATI Radeon and 320 GB HDD. Made by Gateway.

Why I hate Apple: Big prices, low quality. And yes I have had one for more than 6 months.

~$1090ish after student discount. I really don't give a crap what you think because, A) it's not low quality. B) I'll pay just about any price to have a Mac OS machine rather than windows, and don't give me crap about hackintosh.

Besides, the only true argument I've seen against mac's is the price tag, and well frankly, I don't give a flying whoop about that.

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    Yeah... Toshiba Special Edition, was around $600. We asked for a discount for being regulars so they took ~$300 off.

Processor2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5750Memory4GB at 667MHz DDR2Hard drive300GB at 5,400rpmChipsetIntel 965GM ExpressGraphicsIntel GMA X3100 (integrated)Operating systemWindows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)Dimensions (WDH)14.3 x 10.5 x 1.5 inchesScreen size (diagonal)15.4 inchesSystem weight / Weight with AC adapter6.5 / 7.3 pounds (includes extended battery)CategoryMainstream
    Processor 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5750
    Memory: 4GB at 667MHz DDR2
    Hard drive: 300GB at 5,400rpm
    Chipset: Intel 965GM Express
    Graphics: Intel GMA X3100 (integrated)
    Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
    Dimensions (WDH): 14.3 x 10.5 x 1.5 inches
    Screen size (diagonal): 15.4 inches
    System weight / Weight with AC adapter: 6.5 / 7.3 pounds (includes extended battery)
    Category: Mainstream

So yeah, I love this computer...

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Yeah... Toshiba Special Edition, was around $600. We asked for a discount for being regulars so they took ~$300 off.

Processor2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5750Memory4GB at 667MHz DDR2Hard drive300GB at 5,400rpmChipsetIntel 965GM ExpressGraphicsIntel GMA X3100 (integrated)Operating systemWindows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)Dimensions (WDH)14.3 x 10.5 x 1.5 inchesScreen size (diagonal)15.4 inchesSystem weight / Weight with AC adapter6.5 / 7.3 pounds (includes extended battery)CategoryMainstream
    Processor 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5750
    Memory: 4GB at 667MHz DDR2
    Hard drive: 300GB at 5,400rpm
    Chipset: Intel 965GM Express
    Graphics: Intel GMA X3100 (integrated)
    Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
    Dimensions (WDH): 14.3 x 10.5 x 1.5 inches
    Screen size (diagonal): 15.4 inches
    System weight / Weight with AC adapter: 6.5 / 7.3 pounds (includes extended battery)
    Category: Mainstream

So yeah, I love this computer...

How old is that laptop? The RAM seems pretty slow, and DDR2 is kinda old.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah, I have a Toshiba Pro Satellite L450D-13G (which I must have namedropped about ten times already here), which I got for my birthday a few weeks ago. I'm absolutely in love with it.

Before that, I had a six-year-old Dell Latitude D600 given to me by my dad because he thought I wouldn't be able to access the internet on it as our Wi-Fi had a security password. Shortly after encountering this obstacle, I managed to find out what the password was and had access to the internet for a year and a half without them knowing it. Last December, it died of old age and I had to rely on my iPod until July for all my internet usage.

It was horrible and now that I have this I don't know how I put up with it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Just bought my own laptop after years of bumming off of my boyfriend! LOL

It's a Toshiba L505 and it's good for everyday stuff. Core i3, 4GB RAM (upgradeable to 8 GB), 500 GB hard drive, Windows 7 64 bit, 1366 * 768 resolution. Speakers are horrible but can do with headphones. There was a better version of this laptop with harman kardon speakers, but didn't really want to pay the extra $150 just for sounds. Decided to get usb speakers instead.

Back