• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you keep your starter in your team?

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
    I keep my starter as my lead throughout the main storyline, and after that I just put it in the PC.

With the exception of Charizard, because he's on one of my competitive teams.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Iunno why, but whenever I first get my starter in a game it seems like the best Pokemon ever. Like, nothing could replace it at that moment. (Or maybe it's because all of the wild Pokemon at the beginning aren't really my favorites?) I always remember how awesome my starter seemed like at the beginning of the game, and keep it. <3

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    I usually switch it in/out on occasion.

Torterra isn't much pwn like Typhlosion was :(

Yes he was that awesome for me to keep bringing him up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I always have my starter, caus it's mostly my strongest pkmn in the game,
    I'm not good at the strategy stuff (EV training etc)
    It's even a bit of a pain for me to train other pkmn except my main (starter) pkmn.. but as long as i manage to finish the story and play the game in the way i like, I'm fine

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    i stopped using my starter after my second run at crystal. i would get them, catch a pokemon i like and starting training him. and its true that most pokemon at the beginning suck but its not like the games are very difficult

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I always do. It's just seems wrong to throw my starter in the PC and forget about it.

It's usually the leader of my team. Ya know, when the Pokémons you're training eventually gets K.O'ed and you have no one left, you then throw out my trump card and everything all became better?

Yeah, that's what I mean when I'm talking about my starter. :]

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Always,

I always keep my starter, Platinum being an exception, i replaced my Infernape with my Typhlosion temporarily

Years
    Usually I'll keep my starter unless I'm doing a type-specific team. However, usually my type-specific team is Water, so I'll end up keeping my starter anyway. XD

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    I ALWAYS keep my starter, no matter what. In fact, I usually don't even form a team until after I've beaten the game. It's just me and my starter, who is more than capable of taking down everything by his or herself. Since I'm not raising 5 other Pokemon, it's powerful enough to get the job done.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    I always keep my starter pokemon on my team because i fall in love with all the starter pokemon's i've ever had xD

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    I don't see why I wouldn't, unless I was doing some type of challegen, which I rarely do. The starters have good stats and evolve twice, which I love.

Back