• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you keep your starter in your team?

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    It really depends. Usually I have Pokemon that I prefer more for that type, so I will throw it in a box. I keep my starter throughout the whole story though pretty much, it is just once I start the endgame I box it.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    Yup. I always keep my starter with me the whole time, with the exception of challenges (monotype/species).

It seems like a betrayal to just dump it in a PC when you get something else, and I almost always end up using it as a trump card of sorts, since 99% of the time it's at least 5 levels ahead of all my other Pokemon.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I do indeed. The starters tend to be the strongest Pokémon in their type catagories (Excluding legendaries which are game breakers anyway). Well, maybe not Pikachu in Yellow seeing as how you couldn't evolve it but still.

The only time i've not kept a starter is in a Monotype/Monospecies challenge.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    i almost always keep my starter. the only game where i commonly drop the starter is yellow. when you get over the heartbreaking "pika pika" when you store it, im set for the rest of the game

all the starters have served me way too well so no reason to get rid of it in my experience

Back