• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Draw-along (with me~)

Years
  • Basically a chill vibes draw session

Can either:
    - draw together (in an app like aggie)
    - draw separately but sharing streams

Leaning on the latter but up to people tbh (we both agreed on doing it separately).

Do we wanna do a lil theming prompt thing? Or just let people do what they like for maximum vibes

Years
  • Just my two-cents, but why not alternate between solo-drawing and aggie calls? That way you cover all your bases.
    I mean it works for me
    Wdyt sapphy

Not expecting a hangout call literally everyday but can be scheduled to do that yee

Years
  • Oooookay.
    Anyway.

No complaints mean we can totally do alternates.

Additional shit to take care of:
    1. Calendar - im asia, sapphy is europe, no bases for america (but i can totally adjust on weekends sob). Likely not going to be a daily thing, maybe every three days? Should there be multiple schedules for asians/europeans/americans?

Can coincide with other calls so i think this should be fine. Just need to get that sorted.

2. (Optional) - lil theming prompt thing - for those who have no idea what to draw, can roll a dice and draw their interpretation of that idea. Kinda like a roll 3d20 kinda thing and theres lil tables (adjective, subject- can be pokemon, verb).

3. Aggie tests - its said to be hosted in cloud so there shouldnt be much problems but if not, might have to skip aggie (and drawpile) since im likely the one hosting these sorts if ever. (Sapphy likes drawing separately so she can do those calls).

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • I mean it works for me
    Wdyt sapphy

Not expecting a hangout call literally everyday but can be scheduled to do that yee

I don't really mind. We can do both and switch between the two. Make the one through aggie themed or something?

I'm mostly wondering what we should be drawing together or if we let everyone just draw on the same canvas. There's a small difference there.

Years
  • I don't really mind. We can do both and switch between the two. Make the one through aggie themed or something?

I'm mostly wondering what we should be drawing together or if we let everyone just draw on the same canvas. There's a small difference there.

We can make the one in aggie themed yeah, and maybe just draw on the same canvas? So there's not much "space planning" involved. Just literally a huge space where you all doodle together. If you've seen r/place it'd probably function like that (and r/place wasn't even themed, haha).

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • We can make the one in aggie themed yeah, and maybe just draw on the same canvas? So there's not much "space planning" involved. Just literally a huge space where you all doodle together. If you've seen r/place it'd probably function like that (and r/place wasn't even themed, haha).

Same canvas doodling sounds fantastic to me.

Cool then! I'll finalize the event draft with the new details c: I'll get back to you about the times and days on discord.

Years
  • Oooookay.
    Anyway.

No complaints mean we can totally do alternates.

Additional shit to take care of:
    1. Calendar - im asia, sapphy is europe, no bases for america (but i can totally adjust on weekends sob). Likely not going to be a daily thing, maybe every three days? Should there be multiple schedules for asians/europeans/americans?

Can coincide with other calls so i think this should be fine. Just need to get that sorted.

2. (Optional) - lil theming prompt thing - for those who have no idea what to draw, can roll a dice and draw their interpretation of that idea. Kinda like a roll 3d20 kinda thing and theres lil tables (adjective, subject- can be pokemon, verb).

3. Aggie tests - its said to be hosted in cloud so there shouldnt be much problems but if not, might have to skip aggie (and drawpile) since im likely the one hosting these sorts if ever. (Sapphy likes drawing separately so she can do those calls).

Agree with every few days - if nothing else I fear burnout might be an issue either for you guys or those that join especially with other events also requiring usage of voice channels and such! Regarding the timezone side of things could it be that someone is around a little earlier perhaps their time on a weekend, so that at least people in US-centric timezones aren't like going to be in the middle of work or something? Generally speaking as well actually, what times were you both thinking of roughly hosting these?

Prompts are a great idea, especially like the usage of the table to keep it somewhat broad. If the aggie/drawpile stuff doesn't work out, will it just be back to the normal calls or is there something else that could be looked into?

Years
  • Agree with every few days - if nothing else I fear burnout might be an issue either for you guys or those that join especially with other events also requiring usage of voice channels and such! Regarding the timezone side of things could it be that someone is around a little earlier perhaps their time on a weekend, so that at least people in US-centric timezones aren't like going to be in the middle of work or something? Generally speaking as well actually, what times were you both thinking of roughly hosting these?

Prompts are a great idea, especially like the usage of the table to keep it somewhat broad. If the aggie/drawpile stuff doesn't work out, will it just be back to the normal calls or is there something else that could be looked into?

True re: burnout, maybe could lessen the frequency then to not trigger burnout among people (maybe 3 sessions max? Every 4 days or something haha)

TIMES afaik we did plan on our free time, which is mostly after european work hours for sapphy and any time after work for me (except on weekends)… ill do a proper conversion soon in EST.

If the aggie/drawpile stuff doesnt pan out itd probably go back to the normal calls but themed(tm) so keep it spicy. So in the max-3 sessions its be 2 normal calls and 1 themed art call.

Reminder for myself to add the tables here after work since I already made those lmao

Edited: Added the table below, adding example here say I rolled a 3D20 and got the following: 9, 13, 18
    Draw-along (with me~)

Checking the table it'd be a Fairy Cherubi line acting as cupid for a date.

Some prompts pending changes I ran out at some obvious places lmfao but onions welcome, went spooky themed than anything

Last edited:
    Years
  • Mechanics: Roll 3 D20s and you take what you land on
    Code:
    +----+----------------+----------------------+---------------------------------+
    |    | D20: Adjective |  D20: Pokemon Line*  |         D20: Verb/Prompt        |
    +====+================+======================+=================================+
    |  1 | Cosplayer      | Any Starter/Mythical | Celebrating PC's birthday!      |
    +----+----------------+----------------------+---------------------------------+
    |  2 | Witch          | Banette              | Experiencing the past           |
    |  3 | Psychic        | Duskull              | Trick-or-treating               |
    |  4 | Scarlet        | Misdreavous          | Visiting a grave                |
    |  5 | Ghost          | Any Ghost/Dark       | Summoning a demon               |
    |  6 | Flowery        | Litwick              | Transforming during a full moon |
    |  7 | Futuristic     | Zubat                | Ghostbusting                    |
    |  8 | Retro          | Sableye              | Setting something on fire       |
    |  9 | Fairy          | Snorunt              | Making a witchy brew            |
    | 10 | Evolved        | Marowak/Decidueye    | Predicting the future           |
    | 11 | Caveman        | Sneasel              | Decorating their homes          |
    | 12 | Green          | Impidimp             | Baking a funky cake             |
    | 13 | Tattooed       | Cherubi              | Taking a picture                |
    | 14 | Zombie         | Furret               | Practicing dark magic           |
    | 15 | Cyberpunk      | Any Fairy/Psychic    | In Cyberpunk 2077               |
    | 16 | Monster        | Pancham              | Playing Scarlet/Violet          |
    | 17 | Skeleton       | Vulpix               | Helping the grim reaper         |
    | 18 | Violet         | Zorua                | Acting as cupid for a date      |
    | 19 | Frankenstein   | Murkrow              | Coffin-dancing                  |
    | 20 | Birthday       | Your Choice          | Partying in front of a bonfire  |
    *It can be any Pokemon in said line

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years

• Draw Along

Hi Everyone! Welcome to the Get-Together 2022 Draw Along hosted by Kitty and Sapphire Rose!

Down below you can find info on this event along with the dates on which the draw along events shall take place. We are delighted to share our love for art with you and hope that we shall see you during our event!

Info

As the name suggests, we shall be hosting draw along events within the general PC discord. The event shall be split in two different event formats.

One of them is individual drawing: During those events we share our canvasses in a call, draw together and have general fun as we produce our individual drawings. If you don't know what to draw, a table further down below can give you a prompt that you can draw. Each of those calls shall be roughly 2-3 hours and shall be hold twice.

The other one shall be Drawing together: During those events we shall all draw together on one big canvas using Aggie.io. This shall be a themed art challenge where the end result should be one canvas with multiple of our drawings. Each of those calls shall be roughly 2-3 hours and shall be hold twice.

Your art should be signed by you and should be submitted in a thread to be eligible for the points. The thread shall be posted here shortly before the first event starts.

Rewards

This event doesn't have losers, only winners. This means that everyone will receive participation points upon participating in one or all of the draw along events. Participants shall receive 10 points upon joining and drawing.

But... there is more

If you join all four draw along events, you will receive a bonus of 20 points! This means that joining all four drawing events will give you 60 points total

Important: You don't have to stay with us for the full 2-3 hours to be eligible for the points. You may join, create something and leave right after you're done. Nor do they need to be huge art pieces. Something small will be just as fine.

We do want to see at least a little bit of effort. If you only stay for 10 minutes and draw a dot, you won't be counted for the points

Dates:

10th of October at 1 PM EST / 7 PM CEST / 5 PM GMT / 10 AM PST [Individual]
    14th of October 1 PM EST / 7 PM CEST / 5 PM GMT / 10 AM PST [aggie]
    21st of October 7 AM EST / 1 PM CEST / 11 AM GMT / 7 PM PST [Individual]
    22nd of October 2 AM EST / 8 AM CEST / 6 AM GMT / 2 PM PST [aggie]

Prompt table

Mechanics: Roll 3 D20s and you take what you land on
    Code:
    |    | D20: Adjective |  D20: Pokemon Line*  |         D20: Verb/Prompt        |
    +====+================+======================+=================================+
    |  1 | Cosplayer      | Any Starter/Mythical | Celebrating PC's birthday!      |
    |  2 | Witch          | Banette              | Experiencing the past           |
    |  3 | Psychic        | Duskull              | Trick-or-treating               |
    |  4 | Scarlet        | Misdreavous          | Visiting a grave                |
    |  5 | Ghost          | Any Ghost/Dark       | Summoning a demon               |
    |  6 | Flowery        | Litwick              | Transforming during a full moon |
    |  7 | Futuristic     | Zubat                | Ghostbusting                    |
    |  8 | Retro          | Sableye              | Setting something on fire       |
    |  9 | Fairy          | Snorunt              | Making a witchy brew            |
    | 10 | Evolved        | Marowak/Decidueye    | Predicting the future           |
    | 11 | Caveman        | Sneasel              | Decorating their homes          |
    | 12 | Green          | Impidimp             | Baking a funky cake             |
    | 13 | Tattooed       | Cherubi              | Taking a picture                |
    | 14 | Zombie         | Furret               | Practicing dark magic           |
    | 15 | Cyberpunk      | Any Fairy/Psychic    | In Cyberpunk 2077               |
    | 16 | Monster        | Pancham              | Playing Scarlet/Violet          |
    | 17 | Skeleton       | Vulpix               | Helping the grim reaper         |
    | 18 | Violet         | Zorua                | Acting as cupid for a date      |
    | 19 | Frankenstein   | Murkrow              | Coffin-dancing                  |
    | 20 | Birthday       | Your Choice          | Partying in front of a bonfire  |
    *It can be any Pokemon in said line

Credits: Both artists unknown unfortunately, please contact us for credits

Last edited:
    Years
  • A CSS WIP while I put the text in on their spots.

Spoiler:

Draw-along (with me~)

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • A CSS WIP while I put the text in on their spots.

Spoiler:

Okay text is mostly in here now,

Input from other mods is desired as well! Most particularly about the points bit since Chura and I were a bit unsure about that still.

Years
  • I have some concerns about the points. If enough people join every single one, you could be looking at quite a lot of points coming out of this event compared to others. You should probably do something more in line with the other shortform events.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • I have some concerns about the points. If enough people join every single one, you could be looking at quite a lot of points coming out of this event compared to others. You should probably do something more in line with the other shortform events.

The points were something we were iffy about too to be fair, that's why we are asking input. It's just that quite a bit of effort is required for drawing we felt like. That's why we wanted to distribute points accordingly. What would you suggest we'd do otherwise?

Years
  • The points were something we were iffy about too to be fair, that's why we are asking input. It's just that quite a bit of effort is required for drawing we felt like. That's why we wanted to distribute points accordingly. What would you suggest we'd do otherwise?

10 points with a 20 point bonus for showing up to all of them imo

Years
  • I guess 10 points would work considering it'd only be 4 sessions (days) maximum?
    We'd run it for short bursts on different times (Sapphy can lmk if this is wrong or not haha)

Entering one session no matter what time it'd be and draw a thing would land the 10 points.

Years
  • Apologies I've been somewhat absent!

So I think basing the points on attendance is the best way yes, as if you start getting into grading the actual pieces (i.e. points for doing a drawing) then it starts getting a little dicey as different levels of effort per se get the same amount of points.

10 points for turning up and joining in the fun sounds good, with a one-time bonus for people who attend all of them as GP mentioned, sounds good to me! From what I gathered this wasn't necessarily about like being a super competitive thing anyway (i.e. just a big group chill drawing sesh, hanging out and whatnot) so it doesn't necessarily need to be something overly complex, just a nice little reward for anyone who come join in the fun!

Post is gorgeous btw <3

Years
  • I'm going to mark this as done, but please remember to change the points, post in the scheduling thread and leave your Discord info here so we can make sure you have the correct roles.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Ah it's not yet completely done, we're currently discussing the days in DM's. I shall adjust the points as soon as we got the dates as well which I'm now waiting on confirmation on

Back