• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Dumbest Rumour You've ever heard?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Another I thought was true, in G/S/C

If your Pokemon takes damage and repeatedly tap the B button, the dmg your Pokemon takes gets lessend

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
  • The stupidest on I've heard of is in Gold/Silver, after you beat the Elite Four fifteen times, after you warp home, you automatically go inside, and your mom and Professor Oak are sitting at the table, and they announce their engagement.

The scene changes to the wedding, and after the two kiss you can walk around and find wild Celebis at level 5... O_O

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Another I thought was true, in G/S/C

If your Pokemon takes damage and repeatedly tap the B button, the dmg your Pokemon takes gets lessend

I never really believed that, but still hold B + right out of habit. Same with hold B + tap down when catching pokemon.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I never really believed that, but still hold B + right out of habit. Same with hold B + tap down when catching pokemon.

I do that too. In the Nintendo Official Guide I had, it said if you press B and tap down when using a Pokéball and B and up when using an Ultra Ball (It may have been the other way around but i'm 99% sure that's what it said) the catch success rate is greatened. Not certain I believe it but I do it anyway when catching Pokémon - more out of habit than anything else haha!

The dumbest things i've ever heard:
    Dumbest Rumour You've ever heard?
    Train a Nidoking to Lv 100 and speak to the Rocket in Celadon City - He'll give you the truck keys
    Speak to Bill 1,000,000 times and he'll give you a Pikablu
    Show your Mewtwo to the trainer at the Power Plant and he'll give you a Mew

Honestly, where do people get these from? :/

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Here are some I heard, most are just completely dumb.

Red/Blue
    - The Infamous Mew and the Deserted Truck
    - *Insert Stone Here* on Mewtwo creates Mewthree
    - Name Pikachu "Pikablu" and it would turn into a Pikablu (aka Marill)
    - Kill 666 Eggxecutor and an egg would fall that hatched into Togepi
    - Leaf Stone on Eevee creates Leafeon/Grasseon/Treeon
    - Moon Stone on Eevee creates Lunareon
    - Catch a Dratini in Red, Trade to Blue, Evolve, Trade back, Evolve, Trade back, Go to Cerulean Cave, Use Fire Stone on Dragonite and it evolves into a Yoshi.
    - Name your Character "Mario" or "Luigi" and your character becomes Mario or Luigi with an Elemental (Water/Fire/Grass) Yoshi as your starter choice.
    - Name your character "Link" and your character becomes Link.
    - Bill's Secret Garden

Yellow
    - Talk to Brock/Misty 100 times after beating the Elite 100 times to get them as companions.
    - Evolve Charmander and it won't Listen to you, as in the anime.
    - Bulbasaur won't Evolve.
    - Squirtle can gain Squirtle Squad Shades
    - You can go to Orange Islands via Bill's Backyard.
    - Pikachu can learn fly if an item called "Balloons" is used on it.
    - Lose to Lt. Surge's Raichu 90 times and Pikachu will opt to evolve into a Raichu (or a Pikablu/Marill)
    - Beat the Elite 2,000 times and you can go to Mt. Silver, but only if connected to Gold/Silver.

Gold/Silver
    - You can play a new story as Red set after Red/Blue/Yellow if you beat him 87 times in a row without leaving the area.
    - If a Marill is traded to Red/Blue/Yellow, its name changes automatically to Pikablu.
    - Giovanni can be found in a secret room in the Viridian City Gym if you have a Special Legendary in your party (Yoshi, Mewthree, Etc). When you find him, he fights you with a lvl 100 Armored Mewtwo, as seen in Pokemon the First Movie.
    - Beat Red for a 47th time at 3:33 exactly and he will give you his Pikachu, which will follow you and can learn Surf.
    - After getting Celibi, you can Time Travel to Old Kanto and go into the Safari Zone.
    - After getting Celebi, you can Time Travel to Old Kanto, where you can meet Red's Mother as a trainer named Delia. Beat her 13 times and she'll ask you to marry her, thus making you Red's Father.

Crystal
    - Beat Red 88 times and he'll ask for your Phone Number if you're a female. He'll call you in 17 hours and ask you on a date.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Mines for Gold/Silver..
    My friend once told me that you can catch a gold/silver rhyhorn in victory road depending on your game.
    And I spent forever looking for it..
    God knows where he got that from.

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    RBY:
    • If you capture a pikachu and not give it a nickname, then go to Lavender Town and change the nickname to "Pikachan" it will turn green.

RSE:
    • After you beat the E4 150 times, the Pokémon Center in Lilycove will turn into the "Legendary Daycare" where bred pokémon are stronger and you can breed legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Lol, my friend told me this one when I was in 5th grade and I totally fell for it :P.
    He said face the E4 in Pokemon Red (only Red) with a level 50 Raticate and your starter level 70, beat them, then go Mt. Moon and find a Claffairy and catch it, then save. Turn the game off and wait until the date is 7/7 (he told me this like 7/3), and if you turn it on, and close your eyes and hit the Start/Select and A button all at once, all your Pokemon will become real :/.
    I totally believed it, but in the end he just wanted to train his guys in the 4 day gap he had so he could finally beat me in a battle :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    if i beated the elite 4 100+ times in ruby, i could fight a shiny celebi when you fan in the grass near your house. so dumb

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    RBY:
    • When 300 hours passed in the game, the S.S. Anne would be back.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2009
    if you jump over the last trainers at the end of red and blue you can go into a secret room where you can fight and get a blue picachu

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    LOL i just heard that if you trade a pikachu from yellow to R/B then evolve it and lvl it to 100 and trade it back to yellow a raichu will follow you arround

Maesic

It almost sounds like music..
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    Man, I saved a lot of these crazy rumors somewhere. Let's see..

Go into the Safari Zone and let time run out without running into any Pokémon. After that, fly to Pallet Town and go talk to your mom. She will say "Aww. You didn't find any Pokémon at the Safari Zone and they took your money? Take this Pokémon I found instead." and she will give you a Togepi.

Defeat Gary after you get your first Pokémon and then talk to Prof. Oak 15 times and he will say "I'll give you the last Pokémon if you stop bothering me. Go ahead! Take it!" and you can get the last Pokémon on the table. If you talk to Prof. Oak after taking the Pokémon he will say "Stop bothering me! I'll take your Pokémon!" and he will take your second Pokémon.

The Rainbow Stone can be found in the Unknown Dungeon right in the spot Mewtwo was. It will evolve a Pokémon (i.e. Bulbasaur) into a new Pokémon with the word "Color" infront of it's name (i.e. Color Bulbasaur). It will learn an attack named "Colorbeam" that will drain The HP of the Pokémon you are fighting to 1.

And there were a bunch more about how to get Bulbascab, Squirtack, Charmandroid, Natureon, Eeveon, Pikablu, Pokemonster... funny stuff. xP

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    I read this on a website oh so many years ago that if you catch all pokemon and have all items in crystal and you go to Mt Silver Tony Hawks will be there and he asks to trade your bike for his skateboard and if you refuse he will steal all your pokemon and items.

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
  • I recall reading about a rumor that if you talk to one of the sailor guys in Olivine City in the GSC games he will turn into a chair and command you to sit on him. Another case in when you talk to him even more, he'll turn into a toilet or something like that. ?_?

Ah, yes, I remember now, I found those two at the Team Rocket's Rockin' website. It holds a collection of even more ludicrous rumors.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Name yourself Opel. Choose Cyndaquil as your starter an train him to level 100 then you will get a car at the bike shop >.<

Back