• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emo Bands

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Weezer, aint emo. Its pop punk same with most greenday stuff. That sounds like an ****ing awsome line up for your Warped Tour. I wished I had got to go Brittany. Ah well theres always next year. Everyone but Brit listens to mostly mainstream stuff. Try breaking out of the box once in a while and picking up somthing besides Fall Out Boy or The Used, I mean yeah there good, but there are some pretty freaking awesome bands out there you gotta listen too.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Why is every person who posts in this thread who isnt staff gettting banned? Me and Swarah are the only ones left ;_;

Oh well...at least Brit isn't perm banned.

Anyway....back on topic...

Is All-American Rejects considered Emo? Cuase they are my favorite band (Besides Green Day).

Years
  • Now could someone please tell me... How in the hell is Nirvana an emo band? That there is pure mockery. Just because Nirvana has some "angsty" lyrics doesn't make them freaking emo! They're grunge. GRUNGE! Gruge is VERY different from freaking emo. So I request that you remove "Nirvana" from that list, please. Oh wait. You're banned. Haha too bad. I'll do it.

Just because you people think that "emo" is now hip and cool doesn't mean you have to label every band with angsty lyrics as "emo" now. HELL, you can might as well call REM and U2 emo...

Years
  • I am emo.

My favorite emo bands are as follows:
    Armor For Sleep
    Atreyu
    Taking Back Sunday
    June
    Fall Out Boy
    Story of the Year
    Emery
    My Chemical Romance
    Silverstein
    Bayside
    Nural
    Words Fall Short (local)
    Hawthorne Heights
    Greely Estates
    Death Cab For Cutie
    I'm wearing an Atreyu shirt, right now. Wheeoo!

Anyway, I listen to more than that...but it'd be a really, really long list...

Edit: I forgot Chamberlain, Motion City Soundtrack and Thursday

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    Niko said:
    Now could someone please tell me... How in the hell is Nirvana an emo band? That there is pure mockery. Just because Nirvana has some "angsty" lyrics doesn't make them freaking emo! They're grunge. GRUNGE! Gruge is VERY different from freaking emo. So I request that you remove "Nirvana" from that list, please. Oh wait. You're banned. Haha too bad. I'll do it.

Just because you people think that "emo" is now hip and cool doesn't mean you have to label every band with angsty lyrics as "emo" now. HELL, you can might as well call REM and U2 emo...

Thank you Niko *huggles* Good call~

And, um, emo just started like last year by Spin magazine, and everything is pretty much a label.. Emo is a new word for "alternative"

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Yes I must say, Brittany is the professor when it comes to this stuff.

I never knew Ohio is for lovers would be considered Screamo, but thanks.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • JA's back in the music part of PC :3

Anyway, I bought Hawthorne Heights' album yesterday... limited edition reissue import version XD. I haven't watched all of the DVD yet, or even looked at the Silverstein side, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. I love Silverstein XD. I just don't have enough money atm to buy their album. Since I got Coheed and Cambria's and Kisschasy's the week before last, ordered One Dollar Short last week and have to buy After the Fall's new one so I can get it signed. *sigh* I want to get so many CDs... but I don't have enough money.

Years
  • I hear ya`.

I wanna get the new June CD, the new Death Cab, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge (My Chemical Romance), and my copy of What To Do When You Are Dead (Armor For Sleep) stopped working right when I found out there was a hidden track that I never got to hear...so, I gotta get that again, too.
    I also really want the soundtrack to Mallrats, and a Greely Estates CD, but I can`t find either one of them. And don`t even get me started about trying to find Chamberlain. That`s just about impossible. I`ll have to special order it from the CD store!

Anyway...I get a CD on Tuesday, so if it`s out, I`m getting the new June.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Yeah... I spend allllll my money on CDs. I still haven't gotten round to getting TBS, I did check at JB the other day but they only have the import versions at the moment, and since they're exactly the same as the local releases just more expensive I'm waiting until they restock on locals.

I wonder if Victory'll put out a reissue special edition of WYWTB. I might wait to see if they do that. I want music videos :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    Emo.. <3! I love "emo" music.. I relate to most of the songs of most of the bands I listen too (if ya want the list.. check my Myspace.. xD!).

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Nice list there, Anna Banana :P. Seriously, though, there's a lot of good emo on your list... lighter stuff too, I see XD

AAR has their new album out... I want to see them when they're out here in October, but my mum won't let me...

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    Ooh, Jedi_Amara, <3 Coheed and Cambria rocks! <33 *Co-freak* X3;

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
  • I listen to some emo, and it's amazing. I'll name some bands I like by looking on Brittney's list. Sorry it's obnoxiously long. XD

-My Chemical Romance <3
    -blink-182 <3
    -Taking Back Sunday <3
    -The Used <3
    -Alkaline Trio
    -Bleeding Through
    -Coheed and Cambria
    -Fall Out Boy
    -Funeral for a Friend
    -From First To Last
    -From Autumn To Ashes
    -Green Day
    -Hawthorne Heights
    -Hot Hot Heat
    -Jimmy Eat World
    -Motion City Soundtrack
    -Modest Mouse
    -Rise Against
    -Something Corporate
    -Sum 41
    -Story of the Year
    -Underoath
    -Yellowcard

I think one of the reasons I like emo so much is because of the lyrics. They're touching, I can relate to them...a lot.

This is random, but people who think they're in the "scene", can be quite annoying. There's TONS here and they're like obsessed with fitting in...a little too much. They have everythinggg emo. If you look sad or something, they're like, "Aww, Shana. Why so emo?" It just bugs me.

...Sorry for the rant. Nobody probably understood a word I said, but meh. XD

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
  • Wow. I know some people who would know more than I do. XD

Which ones do you know?

Back