• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years
  • Besides the primary reason of why you write fiction, which has been asked multiple times with the same response, are there any other secondary or tertiary reasons you write fiction?

It makes me feel better. When I'm into a character, I forget about how I am feeling especially if it is a very interesting character. I helps me overall to be calmer and more controlled.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • Besides the primary reason of why you write fiction, which has been asked multiple times with the same response, are there any other secondary or tertiary reasons you write fiction?

To appease the voices in my head. They get louder each day that I don't write. o.O

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Any New Year's Resolutions that have to do with writing?
    Well, I vowed to not stop halfway, or even at the beginning of my fic this year. I didn't lose interest, I just didn't have enough insiration to make the story move forward. (That and poor planning) Coincidentally, I've finished the Prologue and first chapter of the new TCNG: NG-137 Synthetic Integration. A beta-reader would be appreciated. >.<

Besides the primary reason of why you write fiction, which has been asked multiple times with the same response, are there any other secondary or tertiary reasons you write fiction?

To create an imaginary world in which I can manipulate my puppets without consequence, and hopefully drag readers into a sadistic, and twisted rendition of the world we live in... Perhaps I've said too much...

On that note, SNOW! Holy carp, it's snowing!
    I've abused BB Code enough today... XD

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • Any New Year's Resolutions that have to do with writing?

Make sure I finish my latest multi-chapter story. I am notorious among my friends for not finishing multi-chaptered stories.

Besides the primary reason of why you write fiction, which has been asked multiple times with the same response, are there any other secondary or tertiary reasons you write fiction?

Secondary: I need to write. If I go a week without writing something, I'm bound to go crazy.

Tertiary: To preserve my ideas.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Coincidentally, I've finished the Prologue and first chapter of the new TCNG: NG-137 Synthetic Integration.
    I totally just thought that your fic's title had to do with Star Trek. I was trying to figure out which season of the show "NG-137 Synthetic Integration" would fit in the best with.

I hope it doesn't snow where I am. We can't have the heat on for the next day. I'm currently freezing.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I hope it doesn't snow where I am. We can't have the heat on for the next day. I'm currently freezing.
    The Big Freeze in England. That's what it's called here. Cars stuck on the road, airports stranded, and 4000 schools closed. Plus, it's really really cold out there. I can safely say that I've encountered the not so extreme, but close enough versions of heat and cold. With the equinox in Malaysia and Winter in England...

I was trying to figure out which season of the show "NG-137 Synthetic Integration" would fit in the best with.
    It does? O_o

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I read "TCNG: NG-137" and was reminded of the code of the Enterprise from the season "The Next Generation". Since "Star Trek: The Next Generation" is shortened to "ST:TNG" and the ship is "NCC-1701-D", my mind went directly to Star Trek with your fic's title.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    OH yeah, it does look star treky...

Man... I have the beginning of a cold (runny nose and headache, with a bit of dry throat)...

I hope to be able to concentrate today during class. :/

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I read "TCNG: NG-137" and was reminded of the code of the Enterprise from the season "The Next Generation". Since "Star Trek: The Next Generation" is shortened to "ST:TNG" and the ship is "NCC-1701-D", my mind went directly to Star Trek with your fic's title.

Do I smell a crossover?

Anyway, a new topic I just thought of after observing my tendency to do it: In your stories, do you ever use any words, phrases, or other elements of a story in an unusual way and never use them correctly?

For example, I myself tend to use the word 'helpfully' in its most sarcastic meaning...

The group stood and stared up at Mt. Blaze, shifting their weight uneasily. All three of them knew that the Client was definitely somewhere in there, but none of them were looking forward to scaling its fiery insides. There was 'liquid fire' pouring out the top, which poured down the sides of the volcano. Some brilliant native had constructed a sort of awning over the cave entrance, so that no rocks or lava fell down on unsuspecting Pokémon trying to get in or out.

"Alright, guys, don't burn yourselves," said Jag helpfully.

Also, 911 posts. Uh-oh.

Luphinid Silnaek

MAGNEMITE.
    Years
  • In your stories, do you ever use any words, phrases, or other elements of a story in an unusual way and never use them correctly?

All the time. I think it's Terry Pratchett and other such wits rubbing off on me.

For instance, there was this one time I noticed how much power a Chosen One gains over the course of their life; how they find all the prodigious skill and experience that they need to defeat their opponents; how everyone on the prophecy's side eventually comes to support the Chosen One alone, and exactly his purpose; how he is destined never to fail in his ultimate mission. And then wondered if a creature could learn to choose to reincarnate into any life it wanted, but still retain its basic intentions.

Consider this for a moment.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Ah man... I feel a bit like crap... I swear I could barely keep my eyes open for first class... Despite having more than enough sleep (it is probably going over my normal amount that made me tired, though I did wake up lots, and I am sick... so idk...)

Anyway...

In your stories, do you ever use any words, phrases, or other elements of a story in an unusual way and never use them correctly?

I don't use a dictionary or thesaurus but sometimes I use big words, and sometimes they are not the best used in that particular sentence. I remember my History of English teacher last year being the picky type and crossing out words that were "wrong" and giving a better word that would fit the sentence I guess. I don't have the paper here, so I can't give an example.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Any New Year's Resolutions that have to do with writing?
    To finish some of my various projects. My research into the PokéGods has been surprisingly fruitful the last few days, so expect continual updates and expansion of my shared site.

In your stories, do you ever use any words, phrases, or other elements of a story in an unusual way and never use them correctly?
    All the time. Language is all about adaption and context. I feel free to use words in new and unusual ways as long as the root meaning is left intact to some degree. Being a complete dumbass and just misusing words does not make for an experimental writer, but creating new meanings that can easily be inferred from context is perfectly acceptable.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Don't hover over this piece of text...

Anyway, since this question is an easy question, and it might have a straightforward answer, I'm not willing to post it in the Writer's Lounge forum. Instead, I'll post it here. XD

It's help with my fics current plot. As you very well know, most pieces of fiction tend to have an antagonist, usually in the form of an evil villain of sorts(Yes I realise the antagonist is not always a super villain). And these types of antagonists usually have an evil plot. To avoid being cliche, is there a list of super villain plan/plots that I can use somewhere, to know what not to write about. Or, what super villain plots do you think are over-used.

I mean, World Domination, and Recreating the Galaxy(which is like world domination on a larger scale) are fine and all, but too cliche for my taste.

The closest I've ever seen to an original modern evil villain plot was the Master's Plot in Dr. Who The End of Time.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Well I'm not sure about a website or list, but there is also those villains who merely just want to cause pain.

There are the one time villains (villains who might only commit a crime once)

The evolving bad guy who gets steadily more evil

Sadistic villains, who will take their time and use devices such as torture

etc.

Then you'll also have to consider or not your villain is a loner, or has a team.

Lol hopefully that answered your question.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Actually, I'm trying to come up with the least cliche plot ever. Everything else just seems too done.
    There are the one time villains (villains who might only commit a crime once)

The evolving bad guy who gets steadily more evil

Sadistic villains, who will take their time and use devices such as torture
    He's not pointlessly sadistic. It's just that he's coldly logical. And not that half-assed cold logic you sometimes see in movies that make no sense if you think about it carefully. (sadly, I have no evidence for this.).

Then you'll also have to consider or not your villain is a loner, or has a team.
    Not so much a team than a company.

Spoiler:

Btw, Astinus, I'm not Luke anymore.
    :nods: Should be in spoiler for those who haven't seen it btw. Still, I was dissapointed by the unoriginality of the Time Lords.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • Actually, I'm trying to come up with the least cliche plot ever. Everything else just seems too done.
    Instead of thinking in terms of 'cliché', I think you'd be better off just finding a plot / villain plot that fits your story. You could have the most cliché plot in the world, but if it's written well and maybe has an interesting twist, then it'd be much better than an original but poorly written plot.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, it's the first weekend back from school and I'm still tired. <_<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back