• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Sun and Moon Pokemon Thus Far?

Check All Pokemon That Are In Your Top 10 Pokemon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blue

gucci
    Years
    Since there has been speculation surrounding the number of new pokemon being introduced, alongside charged sentiments regarding quality vs quantity, I wanted to see how gen 7 pokemon are stacking up in relation to the other generations.

In theory, it should be more and more difficult for each gen to compete as a favorite since they are stacked up against literally hundreds more pokemon than the previous generations. Certainly there are more pokemon yet to be revealed, though at this point we have seen at least half of them.

Favorite Sun and Moon Pokemon Thus Far?

Have any of your favorites been dethroned in this reveal season?
    • List your current top 10 that represent your favorite pokemon before Sun and Moon pokemon were revealed.
    • List your current top 10 including any pokemon revealed for Sun and Moon.
    • Bold the pokemon any Alolan Pokemon (if applicable).
    • Check all Alola Pokemon who made it in your top 10 (if applicable).

Before Gen VII
    1. Milotic
    2. Lilligant
    3. Vespiquen
    4. Liepard
    5. Rapidash
    6. Serperior
    7. Pyroar
    8. Aurorus
    9. Dragalge
    10. Samurott

Gen VII (Present)
    1. Poppmaid
    2. Milotic
    3. Tsareena
    4. Lilligant
    5. Vespiquen
    6. Liepard
    7. Rapidash
    8. Serperior
    9. Pyroar
    10. Lurantis and Aurorus (tie)

So far, Poppmaid of gen VII is the first pokemon to dethrown the top spot since generation 3.
    Tsareena is not far behind. It was tough to rank Lilligant and Tsareena, but ultimately Tsareena is the Queen of the Grass Pokemon. Though, Lilligant shouldn't be ashamed of being the Princess of Grass Pokemon. I am still up in the air about Aurorus and Lurantis; they are both stunning. All-in-all, I have to say Gen VII is crushing it in making a lasting impression.

Hey there! Just to let you know that I've merged your thread with this one as it pretty much covers the same topic. (:

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Top 10 New Pokémon (As of now)

1. Popplio/Brionne/Entermaid
    2. Salandit
    3. Vikavolt
    4. Steenee
    5. Kommo-o
    6. Type: Null
    7. Lycanroc (Midday Form)
    8. Lunala
    9. Drampa
    10. Oranguru

Top 7 Alolan Forms (Fully Evolved):
    1. Alolan Raichu
    2. Alolan Marowak
    3. Alolan Exeggutor
    4. Alolan Ninetales
    5. Alolan Sandslash
    6. Alolan Muk
    7. Alolan Raticate

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I like how the 3rd starter forms are on the poll but that shit's not even confirmed real yet

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Top 10 Fav Pokémon before Gen 8
    1. Garchomp
    2. Raikou
    3. Lugia
    4. Arcanine
    5. Blaziken
    6. Zangoose
    7. Reshiram
    8. Honchkrow
    9. Crobat
    10. Grovyle

Possible contenders:
    Silvally
    Littens final evo (if Dark type)
    Lycanroc Midday form

The reason why they are 'possible' contenders is because I don't just pick a Pokémon for its looks alone. It's usefulness/power in battle and it's effect on me personally throughout my journey are also important attributes. So obviously I have to wait to play the game first :P

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Well, so far...

Before Gen 7 (from what I can think of):
    1. Mewtwo
    2. Mew
    3. Lugia
    4. Latias
    5. Darkrai
    6. Entei
    7. Alakazam
    8. Charizard
    9. Articuno
    10. Rayquaza

Top 10 Up to Gen VII So Far:

1. Mewtwo
    2. Mew
    3. Lugia
    4. Latias
    5. Darkrai
    6. Entei
    7. Silvally
    8. Alakazam
    9. Charizard
    10. Articuno

I totally love Silvally. :D

(I may change around my list later because it's past 12:30 at night for me so part of me's in a "Go to sleep!" phase)

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Comfey and Bruxish are my favorite Alola Pokemon so far :3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I was just thinking earlier today that there are a lot of Alola Pokemon that I really like. Narrowing down my choices down to six is going to be difficult now. I can only imagine what will happen when more Pokemon are revealed!

Litten's evolution line (so far), Jangmo-o's evolution line, Type: Null's evolution line, Drampa, Salandit, Rockruff's evolution line, Tortunator (which I forgot to vote for and that I only know by the German name) are all my favorites. That's not even including the Alolan formes, which means that Exeggutor, Raichu, Rattata, and Grimer are also on the list.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I like how the 3rd starter forms are on the poll but that shit's not even confirmed real yet
    I say this and then literally 2 days later it turns out those starter leaks were actually true

fuck

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My opinion so far on the new Pokemon:

Love:
    Spoiler:

Like:
    Spoiler:

Meh:
    Spoiler:

Dislike:
    Spoiler:

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
    Cosmog is hands down my favourite Alola Pokémon right now. Actually the most adorable thing I've ever seen omfg.

Cosmog is fogging awesome and very cute as well! I would keep it that way if not for Lunaala. It could replace a few Pokemon on my top Legendary-tier list!

My top one is now Decidueye! Design-wise and typing-wise!
    2. Milotic
    3. Goodra
    4. Gardevoir
    5. Ampharos
    6. Togekiss
    7. Mimikyu
    8. Altaria
    9. Gengar
    10. Dragonite
    Hon. Mentions: Phantump, Flygon, Staraptor, Mismagius, Whimsicott

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    I love Type: Null and Silvally. The Arceus knockoff idea is pretty awesome. And the way it evolves through meeting a trainer it fully trusts. It sounds different than a standard friendship evolution. I hope I'm right about that!

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Decidueye may not be in my Top 10 Pokemon overall, but it's high up there in my Top Starter Finals. :D

Years
    I actually like all the new Pokemon of this generation so far, but the hands-down choices here to me are the Popplio line, Rockruff line and Bounsweet line as far as Top 10 worthy ones are. Primarina has made my general Top 10, and while it's not there yet, Tsareena has at least made my Top 10 Grass-types. That will definitely change after I play the games. Lycanroc has now topped my Top 10 for Rock-types, and I thank its concept and evolution idea for that so I'm damn looking forward to using it since I never used a Rock-type on a main team.

Other honorable mentions for faves: Sandygast line, Stufful line, Salandit, Fomantis line, Grubbin line, Pikipek line, Crabrawler, Komala, Oricorio, Pyukumuku, Jangmo-o line, Mimikyu, Togedemaru, Cutiefly line and also the other two starter lines.

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
    There are so, so, so many good ones! I think my favourrite is Salandit though. It's just so cool and kinda reminds me of Sraggy and Scrafty.

Back