• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Water Starter

Favourite Water Starter

• Squirtle

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Totodile

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Piplup

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Froakie

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • I noticed there wasn't a thread for this so I figured we may as well have one since we have one for the other kind of starters. Which would you say is your favourite water starter Pokemon?

PWS.png

I'm very nostalgic and as I've mentioned before I'm not a fan of the later generations and I'm not particularly familiar with them so I'm going with Squirtle on this one, I absolutely love that turtle Pokemon.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I like Mudkip and Froakie, but I think Piplup and it's entire evolutionary line takes the cake. First, because they're penguins, second, because they look cool (and cute in Piplup's case), and third, Empoleon's got a cool typing.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Squirtle is the best base pokémon imo (: Wartortle and Dewott are tied for my fav middle evos, and my fav final evos might be Greninja or Empoleon. So my votes are a bit spread, haha, but Squirtle wins since I like both it and Wartortle (;

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Squirtle probably, because Wartortle is one of my favourite Pokémon. Mudkip and Oshawott are pretty adorably awesome as well, but I don't like their evolutions too much. Squirtle wins.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Piplup all the way. Empoleon is my favorite final evolution of all the starters.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Definitely Piplup. It's so adorable, and the anime really made me love it even more. It's evolutionary line is pretty epic too and interesting. I still have my Piplup plushie that I got for Christmas years ago.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I really love Piplup *-* It was my first starter EVER, and look .... it's a penguin! What's cuter than a penguin? I really like its final evolution. Empoleon has a great design and an awesome typing ^^

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Mudkip is definitely my favorite Water starter, with Totodile at a close second. I also really like Piplup and Oshawott. Squirtle is okay, and I'm curious to see how Popplio's evos will be like.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I don't know who my favorite water starter line is altogether.

Piplup is my favorite base level water starter. Its evolutions aren't terrible, but don't do much for me, however. Samurott is my favorite final level water starter, however, I don't much care for its pre-evolutions. In fact, I really don't like them at all. =/

Years
  • If I didn't feel nostalgic towards Mudkip, then I'd go with Piplup... He's so cute!

But I do feel nostalgic, so Mudkip it is! My brother and I both used Mudkip through out first runs of Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby.

Years
  • totodile.png

Too cute! I've loved Totodile for a long time. Not a huge fan of the evolutions so I'd prefer to leave him as he is. Also love Squirtle though, but my true love lies with Wartortle. <3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Totodile and Oshawott. Like... Totodile is adorable as hell whereas Oshawott is just a cutie
    OK both describe both but still lol Totodile is practically a mascot yo.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
        Well, while I like Mudkip, I'm not fond of his evolutions, so I'll go for Totodile as my favorite water starter :) I can't stand Froakie and his evolutions, I'm honestly not into the whole ninja thing, as for Piplup, the anime made me hate it, and lastly, I find Squirtle too... basic, but I couldn't explain it with words I can't figure out. ~_~

Oh and, people should not forget to vote for their favorite, otherwise, the results wouldn't be accurate, I see some people saying Totodile but when I voted, I've only seen one vote, mine :)

Back