• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem if

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hope to god it's better than Fire Emblem Awakening, if it's not returning to the series roots.

Don't see it happening though. :|

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I was quite disappointed it wasn't on the Wii U, actually; the opening cinematic to the video led me to believe that it might be, and to find out it was another 3DS instalment, it was a bit of a let-down in some ways...still, I think this should be fairly enjoyable nonetheless. I quite liked Awakening, and the art style is refreshing and suits the 3DS. I wonder what these new features are going to be, as well...I expect Amiibo functionality will come into play somehow, but I'd hope for something a little better than that.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I thought it was Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem at first due to the Japanese-influenced characters fighting off medieval units, but I was fooled that this was the next installment to the Fire Emblem series. That being said, will it support the FE amiibos when being played on the New 3DS?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Needless to say I'm awfully excited about this and I did not see this coming at the very least. xD

Just some things I wanted to speculate, maybe this is a soft sequel to Fire Emblem Awakening, and introduces the new generation of the Shepherds? The blue haired girl looks an awful lot like Lucina, and there was a swords woman who resembled Sumia, and that pegasus rider looked tough and had red hair like Sully.. though, it's a wild guess; I'd still be thrilled if it was under a whole new setting with a new plot of war.

Looks like the pair up feature returned because a character blocked a hit for someone else; and.. yeah, that thing that was killed towards the end moaned like a risen.. more risen had returned? Or maybe a new enemy? I'm awfully interested in the whole 'decide the world's fate' genre of this game; maybe we can end up destroying the world and being bad guys, ohoho~

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    While the graphics, animation, and art style is almost exactly the same as Awakening's, it doesn't really look like it's related to Awakening all that much to me. Sure, there was a character that looked a little like Sully and one that looked a little like Sumia (and Shawn I'm really not seeing how that one girl looks like Lucina other than that they both have long blue hair), but it's not the first time that they've had characters that look a little bit like other ones in the series, right?

I do very much like Fire Emblem, loved Awakening, but I'm always a bit wary of new games; it could be fantastic, it could be shit, and one teaser trailer isn't gonna tell me enough.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Like others, I was completely blind-sided by this announcement.

Looks like we have a Dancer as one of the main or central characters, who also looks like she has some ties to a dragon of some sorts, as shown at 1:38. Should be interesting. We can see our Lord of the game in the form of that white-haired young man who also has a similar fighting style to a Mercenary, although I have an inkling that the blonde Paladin/Dark Knight will also be vital to the game's story as a protagonist of some sorts. It doesn't look like we're going to have an avatar, but that scene with the maid is eerily similar to a certain scene in Awakening.

Loving the Japanese flair. I'm guessing that Chon'sin or some variation of that nation, will be the primary setting for the game?

Pair-up is back! Yay? I mean, I like the mechanic, but it needs some fine-tuning since it was abhorrently overpowered in Awakening. That battle transition is pretty sleek though. I'm interested on how far this choice mechanic they plan on implementing will go? I'm assuming that recruit either Character A or Character B, will be one of the more obvious applications.

Overall, I'm intrigued. Also. WE GOT FEET.

Years
    Undead enemies and blue haired protagonists(?)/characters aren't exclusive to Awakening, so I doubt this is an Awakening follow up (as much as I want them to address the whole 'children from another time staying in this time despite the problems this is inevitably going to cause' thing). Any similarities between characters are likely because it's the same character designer.

Anyway, yay new Fire Emblem. And even better, we wont have to wait two years before finding out if we're even getting this one. That being said, though...where the heck is SMT x FE already, Nintendo/Intelligent Systems?

Years
    Looks like we have a Dancer as one of the main or central characters

I hope If she is a main character and you have to keep her in game in all main levels she has good enough stats or can second seal to a stronger class, Id hate a a repeat of Radiant Dawn with micaiah who was pathetically weak for a main character, so you had to spend half the mission babysitting her so you didn't get game over.

Also I hope they don't get rid of.

-Marriages and Kids (shipping characters was fun and you could make some real powerhouses with the kids).
    -The Risen battles that you can do any time when risen randomly appear or you use the reeking box (I doesn't have to be Risen lol). They are great for grinding, getting money)
    -The Download battles where you fight characters from previous games (for the same reasons as above).

Years
    Also I hope they don't get rid of.

-Marriages and Kids (shipping characters was fun and you could make some real powerhouses with the kids).
    -The Risen battles that you can do any time when risen randomly appear or you use the reeking box (I doesn't have to be Risen lol). They are great for grinding, getting money)
    -The Download battles where you fight characters from previous games (for the same reasons as above).

Marriages/children and grinding may make a comeback due to their popularity, though out of those two I think grinding is the most likely to be brought back since there's really only so many excuses you can come up with to bring in child characters. Downloadable battles with characters from previous games probably wont be back, though. The only reason that and other features from previous games (children and grinding being among them) were included was because Awakening was almost the last game in the series and they wanted it to be a sort of culmination/farewell to the series, so it wouldn't make much sense for them to do it again.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    I loved Awakening a whole bunch so I'm really pleasantly surprised by this. Definitely going to get it and no doubt sink a ton of hours into it!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    (and Shawn I'm really not seeing how that one girl looks like Lucina other than that they both have long blue hair)
    I say that, then find this:

Spoiler:

lol

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Marriages and grinding sent Awakening's replay value through the roof, so getting rid of those would be counterproductive imo. I'm hype as hell for this. Bring on a new Chrom and cutie little girl that marries him in spite of the other cutie Pegasus Knight that can't come near him because franchise archetypes. :^)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Wasn't expecting another FE title so soon; especially not another one on the 3DS again. Admittedly, I'm pretty disappointed it's not the Wii U, and I hope this doesn't mean FE X SMT is all but dead. (Almost two years since it's first reveal)

So gameplay engine, art style, and well, pretty much everything else shown in the video is taken from Awakening. Not necessarily a bad thing because despite some flaws, it was still an enjoyable game as it's core. Just give me a better storyline (the time-traveling thing felt contrived to me), better maps, and some branching storylines, and I'll be satisfied.

Also, Ninian vibes from the Lucina looking dancer. ;)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Undead enemies and blue haired protagonists(?)/characters aren't exclusive to Awakening, so I doubt this is an Awakening follow up (as much as I want them to address the whole 'children from another time staying in this time despite the problems this is inevitably going to cause' thing). Any similarities between characters are likely because it's the same character designer.

Anyway, yay new Fire Emblem. And even better, we wont have to wait two years before finding out if we're even getting this one. That being said, though...where the heck is SMT x FE already, Nintendo/Intelligent Systems?
    Yeah, FE characters have hair colours of the rainbow, and more! Just got to wait for more information to see if - and by how much - it relates to anything existing.

Hurrah for new FE! I like the franchise. Time for me to play some more older FE beforehand as well. (Well, I say that, but then I have too many other games, and that's before MM/MH...)
    Uh, the characters have feet now. I'd say this revolutionises the entire genre. Awakening already pales in comparison to this game. It shouldn't even be brought up in the same sentence.
    Oh, immensely. Dem legs. :V (wait, what?)

Nakala Pri

IF I COULD BE ANYMORE THRILLED I'D BE SENT TO A MENTAL INSTITUTION =D

This looks so awesome. Pretty glad it isn't on the Wii U (cos i dont have one) and the characters, man. This is like, so groovy. *does the hula dance in a tye-dye vest* (by the hell way is that lucinas opera singing doppelganger)

TO THE SHIP MOBILE

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    LOOK AT THOSE TRANSITIONS INTO BATTLE SCENES OH MY GOD !!

My guess is that it's not a sequel or something to Awakening. The character designs, in terms of weapons and armor, are vastly different - and the landscape looks different as well. I think it's a new region! A very broken region at that - look at the floating islands! @_@ Seems very Japan-influenced as well.

Is that a white dragon at 1:36? It becomes human whatever it is. I'd be so happy if Laguz or another similar race returned with a decent transformation mechanic!

Sir Codin

FEET!

The characters have fucking feet! Shut up and take my money!

Back