• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Heh I always thought it was pretty mean that Sneasel would just take eggs from their family. But it's Sneasel, what can you do. :( I know the feeling, I always go hunting around for Pokemon that were found in a previous/future version but then I realise after an hour of searching that they're not there. :(

And yeahh, Mind Reader and Sheer Cold! The ultimate combo right there. :) I can only hope that one day they make Sheer Cold able to K.O. everything. (i.e it doesn't take into account levels) But that'd be really broken so I guess it's fair the way it is now. :p I've always loved Articuno but its old-man looking beard is sort of unsettling. Maybe that's just me though. :(

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • Hey guys.
    I was reading the other posts lately and I realized that I forgot to answer the topic
    What is your favorite Ice-type move?
    It would be... Ice...Aurora...Avalan...Icy...Snow...Hai... All of it!!! They're all the best!!! Why not? Are there bad Ice-type moves?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Hey guys.
    I was reading the other posts lately and I realized that I forgot to answer the topic
    It would be... Ice...Aurora...Avalan...Icy...Snow...Hai... All of it!!! They're all the best!!! Why not? Are there bad Ice-type moves?

I don't think there are any bad Ice moves. Aurora Beam is one of my favorites, so colorful and deadly. I could have sworn that it used to have the ability to freeze sometime before Generation II. Guess it was a glitch or they really did change it.

Years
  • What is your favorite Ice-type move?
    Ice Beam is one that stands out to me due to its power and coverage, making it one of the most reliable Ice-type moves of choice, and a lot of Pokemon can learn it which gives them a handy coverage option. I also love Aurora Beam for its attack animation, the rainbow colors really makes it beautiful.

TheMaddestMadam

Froslass Queen
    Years
  • Preferred Username: TheMaddestMadam
    Partner Pokemon: FROSLASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! <3 *Foams at the mouth a little, due to rabid fangirl-ness*

AHEM! *Composes self a little*

Favorite move: Powder Snow (Or Sheer Cold, but who doesn't love SC?)

I spent my very early childhood living on a military base in Alaska, and I suppose the thought of powder snow just brings me to think of days playing outside when there was a fresh layer of the cold sparklies on the ground.

Some of my best memories were there, and I suppose that sprung my love for ice pokemon, perhaps?

All I am saying, is that now living in the midwest, I can say I have a REAL weakness vs heat, and hate all things summer. :| Fall here is usually hot too. DO NOT WANT!

Thankfully my husband has agreed that we will save up and move the family north within the next few years. Very north. Thank goodness.

Also, HI OTHER FROSTY FRIENDS! :3

EDIT: That moment where you realize you might as well have typed with your forehead, and have to edit like 26 times to make it look like a human wrote it, instead of a deranged, caffeinated ferret.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Preferred username Dedenne 1
    Partner Pokémon Glaceon
    Favorite Ice type move: Well its not sheer cold hmmmm id have to say the obvious on this blizzard but frost breath is pretty cool too
    Why do I like ice types well I always have and ive taken like idk how many quizzes and tests online and in real life to determine what my ideal type is and its a dual type of ice/electric sadly they don't have that type yet but that's me so I adore all ice and electric types but until they come out with that typing my ideal partner pokemon has been matched with Glaceon its beauty power and sheer elegance speaks for just how great it is.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Welcome friends! Gotta say Frosslass is a pretty interesting Pokémon, but Ice/Ghost is a pretty cool type combo. Also, an Ice/Electric-type would b really cool, STAB Ice Beam and Thunderbolt would be pretty wicked.

I'm a simple man, Ice Beam and Ice Punch do the trick for me. I like Blizzard's power, but only if I have Hail support, it's too inaccurate otherwise.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Welcome friends! Gotta say Frosslass is a pretty interesting Pokémon, but Ice/Ghost is a pretty cool type combo. Also, an Ice/Electric-type would b really cool, STAB Ice Beam and Thunderbolt would be pretty wicked.

I'm a simple man, Ice Beam and Ice Punch do the trick for me. I like Blizzard's power, but only if I have Hail support, it's too inaccurate otherwise.

Froslass is a nice pokemon ikr ice and electric hopefully soon and that will be my partner for life also btw I meant blizzard only with hail cause it doesn't work well otherwise but ice beam would be #1 without hail cause its got power and it is just great with glaceon
    Nice to meet ya! :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Preferred Username: TheMaddestMadam
    Partner Pokemon: FROSLASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! <3 *Foams at the mouth a little, due to rabid fangirl-ness*

AHEM! *Composes self a little*

Favorite move: Powder Snow (Or Sheer Cold, but who doesn't love SC?)

I spent my very early childhood living on a military base in Alaska, and I suppose the thought of powder snow just brings me to think of days playing outside when there was a fresh layer of the cold sparklies on the ground.

Some of my best memories were there, and I suppose that sprung my love for ice pokemon, perhaps?

All I am saying, is that now living in the midwest, I can say I have a REAL weakness vs heat, and hate all things summer. :| Fall here is usually hot too. DO NOT WANT!

Thankfully my husband has agreed that we will save up and move the family north within the next few years. Very north. Thank goodness.

Also, HI OTHER FROSTY FRIENDS! :3

EDIT: That moment where you realize you might as well have typed with your forehead, and have to edit like 26 times to make it look like a human wrote it, instead of a deranged, caffeinated ferret.

Welcome to the club. Love me some Powder Snow, such a beautiful move, and Froslass is beautiful and cool too. Never been to Alaska, have only seen it on TV, but sounds majestic.

Preferred username Dedenne 1
    Partner Pokémon Glaceon
    Favorite Ice type move: Well its not sheer cold hmmmm id have to say the obvious on this blizzard but frost breath is pretty cool too
    Why do I like ice types well I always have and ive taken like idk how many quizzes and tests online and in real life to determine what my ideal type is and its a dual type of ice/electric sadly they don't have that type yet but that's me so I adore all ice and electric types but until they come out with that typing my ideal partner pokemon has been matched with Glaceon its beauty power and sheer elegance speaks for just how great it is.

Welcome to the club. Yeah, Blizzard is awesome (too bad it misses when I need to use it :/) Frost Breath I use as a last finishing polish to end a battle. Where did you take that quiz at? I want to try it. I have been a Water and Ice kind of Pokemon fan, yet I hardly use them in battle.

Dedenne1

Years
  • oh wow theres so many search what pokemon types am I quiz theres plent also on facebook theres 3-4 and theres 11 that friends made and other people

TheMaddestMadam

Froslass Queen
    Years
  • Preferred username Dedenne 1
    Partner Pokémon Glaceon

Just thought I'd point out you could, if you wanted, have an ice/electric combo pokemon if you got a Rotom and gave it a fridge. :3

Dedenne1

Years
  • Ya ik lol but I don't really like rotom and it wouldn't be good as a partner pokemon. I really cant wait to see a electric and ice! :)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Well fridges aren't for everyone after all. Personally I love using Rotom in fridge form because yeahhh, refrigerators using blizzard! Pretty cool if you ask me. (that wasn't intended I promise) ;__; Anyway, what can I say? I like food and I associate fridges with food. So Rotom-fridge is a-ok to me as a pokemon but it's fine if you don't share the same taste. :)

I've never really been the one to take quizzes mainly because getting an assigned pokemon from "my favourite colour is orange" or something, wasn't very.. accurate. They're fun though, I'll give them that. And yep, Glaceon has an amazing design so it's definitely one of my favourites as well. Shame they had to put the icy rock to evolve it so late in Platinum though, otherwise I would of considered giving it a go. (I couldn't be bothered to wait that long so I went with Leafeon/Jolteon in my playthroughs instead) :(

I don't remember answering the topic (I probably did but you know it doesn't hurt to do it again) but my favourite move is definitely Blizzard. :D Not because "omg 120 power op", in fact the 70% accuracy is really off putting. But the one thing that makes it my favourite move is how fun it is to yell. Screaming "_____ use BLIZZAAAAAARD" is hilariously fun so yeah. :D

Anyway, welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy posting around here. :)

Dedenne1

Years
  • Lol nice up. Even if it wasn't intended ya its cool i just could never use Rotom as my partner currently i cant decide between 2 glaceon and espeon idk which to choose ive used both equally but glaceon i still like more :3 also for the quizzes when the first one said Pikachu im like no never so i took a bunch had some friends make one and ya i got ice and electric since to one type or pokemon applied to me :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When it comes to real life, it would indeed seem sort of weird to see a living fridge travelling alongside. Rotom is one-of-a-kind Pokémon, since it's legendary, so you'd be the only one having it, and to others, it wouldn't look too... normal, if you know what I mean! Personally, I'm not much of a huge fan of its overall design, either. However, I do understand that it's only a fridge, which you can't usually get much creative with.

In terms of battling, I suppose there would be no shame; in Pokémon world, I'd imagine ourselves to be using anything we choose, even legendaries. Although not much trainers are seen utilizing them in anime and manga, it's still possible, as proven by Hoenn Battle Factory Brain (can't exactly put my finger on his name, sadly) in an Advanced Generation episode.

If it were up to me, though, I'd limit myself when using certain legendary Pokémon, as they could be quite powerful and give you an unfair advantage.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Personally, I just think it'd be funny to be winning battles with a possessed fridge. That's all I've got.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I feel like they could of made Rotom-fridge something smaller and cuter to fit in with the rest of the family. You have tiny microwaves, lawn mowers, fans, washing machines and then all of a sudden out of nowhere, a huge fridge fall outs of the sky. (like wow, that escalated quickly ;__;) And it's not even a single door one. We're talking double-door hardcore refrigerator here. My point being, it just really doesn't... fit in, if that makes sense. I get that all of the appliances are supposed to be electrical seeing as the original Rotom was one but if they made it an esky (like one of those storing ice boxes you can carry around) then it would of gone perfectly with the semi-small appliances theme. But I guess that wouldn't be able to give us an ice/electric type then. :(

I don't think it's illegal or frowned upon hugely if you use legendaries in the pokemon world (seeing as you earned the right to use them by capturing the legendary) but it's definitely unfair when you're against the god of sea with your freshly caught level 50 Fearow. Also I think the battle frontier brain you're thinking of would be when Ash was against Brandon and he used Regice vs Pikachu. :p

I think I would as well. It's just courtesy but some people don't really care about the unfair advantage a legendary gives you. :(

(woops didn't see wicked's post but on top of that, it's also hilariously sad that pikachu ending up beating regice) ;__;

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
    Years
  • Ya ik lol but I don't really like rotom and it wouldn't be good as a partner pokemon. I really cant wait to see a electric and ice! :)

I do agree that Rotom is kinda a funny pokemon to have as a partner, and I guess that means I'm on the same boat as you, seeing as though I am also waiting for an Electric/Ice Type match up. But, I also am looking for a few other dual types, like:

Ice/Fire Why? More for aesthetic value. I think Ice/Fire has the potential to look really cool.

Ice/Fighting Why? Also for aesthetic value. Imagine a brawler type Pokemon with large icicles as his/her hands.

Ice/Fairy Why? Of all the other ones, I'd really prefer to see this one for it's aesthetic value.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Ice/Fairy, eh? I think it might be super useful against every Dragon Pokemon that I know of ('cos of double weakness), so it might be a good idea.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Ice/Fire Why? More for aesthetic value. I think Ice/Fire has the potential to look really cool.

Ice/Fighting Why? Also for aesthetic value. Imagine a brawler type Pokemon with large icicles as his/her hands.

Ice/Fairy Why? Of all the other ones, I'd really prefer to see this one for it's aesthetic value.

We think pretty alike, Zenon. :p Out of all the dual ice-type combinations, those are the ones I've always wanted to see the most. Ice/Steel wouldn't be a bad choice either with crystal-like monsters or ice guardians/knights. For the guardians, I was thinking like some sort of holy suit of armor in ice? But that sounds more like a Dragon Quest character then a Pokemon so maybe we could go with an animal guardian, haha. XD

Ice/Fire could work seeing as Gamefreak has no trouble combining two opposite types together (i.e water and electric or fire/bug). Kinda curious what they'd do with ice/fire though, perhaps a dragon with one side fire, one side ice? The idea feels a bit uncreative but it's not half bad. For the last two, either of them could definitely be legendaries. :D I think both would have their potential in different ways, with the ice/fighting being a possibly mixed attacker and the ice/fairy beating the crap out of dragons/a small legend. Both are cool though. oh god not the ice puns again :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back